FrontPoint Security

FrontPoint Security Employer Reviews

Do not work here
Security Consultant (Current Employee), McLean, VAApril 21, 2014
Be prepared for your compensation and duties to change everyday. Reps were internally promoted to managers so the management team is very weak. You will not receive helpful coaching or guidance. Bad place to work, decent $$$

July 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We appreciate all feedback from employees and take it very seriously. We’re happy to hear you’re satisfied with your earning potential as a FrontPoint Sales Consultant. We’re disappointed, though, that you haven’t found value in the coaching staff. Please don’t hesitate to bring your suggestions and concerns to your manager, or any manager in Sales or Human Resources. We take all suggestions to heart, and employee feedback has helped us improve the sales program, as well as other processes across the company.

Fun place to work, hard to get noticed
Security Consultant (Former Employee), McLean, VAFebruary 13, 2014
The culture of this company is great and everyone I worked with was amazing. The only Issue I had was that, being a call center environment, it was a bit difficult to get noticed even after a year of being a top rep.

July 25, 2014

We’re so glad to hear you’re happy at FrontPoint! You couldn’t be more right when you say our people are amazing. We agree! We’re lucky to have found so many outstanding performers who are also so fun to be around. Thanks also for your comments about employee recognition. Lately we’ve been putting more emphasis than ever on recognizing and rewarding performance, and your feedback is the perfect reminder of how much that recognition matters. Please feel free to talk to your Manager about any concerns you have, and ask them to help you set and achieve your goals here at FrontPoint. A conversation like that will not only be productive, but also help you get noticed!

Management Confused - Otherwise great culture
Project Manager II (Current Employee), McLean, VAFebruary 12, 2014
My experience at FrontPoint was great but I found that the leadership is pretty confused on what they want.

FrontPoint prides itself on hiring the best and brightest. But, then their skills and creativity are left to squander because the executive management team requires that all decisions are made at the CEO level.

VPs are not empowered to make – more... any decisions and directors are unable to manage their own teams.

Until the move to the new building the corporate staff felt in-tune with the founders. But now the founders are tucked into their own corner of the building and employees have been instructed to not walk through that part of the floor unless necessary.

The company feels like it has lost touch with what made it great.
FrontPoint has (had?) a great culture that allowed employees to feel like an important part of a young growing business.

I hope that FrontPoint can regain what it once had. – less

July 25, 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We’re very glad to hear that FrontPoint's culture matters to you. We definitely want to keep that culture strong as we grow. Communication and transparency are critically important here and we want all employees to feel connected – to each other and to management. We’re increasingly aware of this need, especially in light of our rapid growth. Programs like FrontPoint Unplugged are taking us in the right direction, and we’re always exploring new options for keeping management visible and in-touch.Please feel free to start an open dialog with your manager about any concerns you have. And by all means, feel welcome to walk through any part of our buildings. Thank you again for your feedback, which helps us continue to focus on employee priorities.

Fast-paced and productive environment
Sr. SECURITY SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee), McLean, VANovember 10, 2013
Pros: great work environment with no micromanagement
Cons: benefits and commision structure
Typical day includes working inbound/outbound calls of prospective customers seeking a consultative quote for a full residential or commercial security solution. I have learned how to sell using a needs based sales style focusing on active listening and using this information to overcome potential objections to close the sale. Management is helpful – more... and supportive and co-workers are polite and cooperative. – less

July 25, 2014

Great feedback – thanks so much. We’re so glad you’ve found management to be helpful, and it sounds like our training program outfitted you with the skills you need to be successful. Productivity is a wonderful thing! Please don’t hesitate to bring new ideas to your management, whether it’s a fun, new incentive program, or a particular technique you’ve discovered that’s particularly effective with customers. We really appreciate all employee input and we’re glad you took the time to share your thoughts.

Deceitful pompous company who cuts 1/2 the people after training
Phone sales (Former Employee), Tyson's, VAJuly 20, 2013
Pros: fun cliquey culture, good pay
Cons: deceitful, brainwashing, offer you an extended 2 week interview even though they claim to offer you a job.
So you want to make lots of money and work with an innovative, fun company and you pass the interviews and get offered a job. Awesome, right? Not so fast, why do you think they "hire" 30 people a month every month? They are weeding out the ones they can't brainwash to sell the way they want them to. They won't tell you until the second week of training – more... but they have a pass/ fail test at the end of training, and they will cut 1/3 of the class. After that, your calls will be heavily monitored and you best not mess up because you are on probation for 3 months so they can just fire you blink of an eye and they will because they have a bunch more coming on board right on your heels. Frontpoint is creating phone soldiers people. You have been warned! – less

July 25, 2014

Our goal is to be completely transparent with our employees, so we’re upfront with our newly-hired Sales and Support personnel, letting them know what the training classes will entail. While we offer some of the best training in the industry, we know the classes require hard work and dedication. The good news is that the training has been successful at helping our Sales and Support representatives gain the skills they need to be confident and have productive interactions with our customers. We want every employee at FrontPoint to succeed. There’s no cap on how many reps can pass our training courses – we’re rooting for every single one of them. So far, the majority of our trainees have passed, in every class. Thank you for your comments.

About FrontPoint Security

FrontPoint pairs simple home security technology with superior service, to give people the kind of alarm company they can feel – Read more

FrontPoint Security Photos