Frontpoint Employee Reviews

Volatile post-startup with high turnover and poor direction
Senior Analyst, Strategy and Analysis (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VADecember 6, 2016
I worked for this company about a year and a half and in that short tenure, I watched as coworker after coworker left the company, mostly involuntarily, generally in an effort to "clean house" in the various departments. I came to refer to these mass firings as the company's semi-annual Purge, as it generally seemed to happen twice a year. There is minimal opportunity to grow and with the high turnover, there is a mass of lost knowledge that makes getting things done always difficult, even seemingly simple tasks and changes.

Salaries are okay if you get hired by the right people on the way in, but don't expect upward mobility in your salary or title while you work there (if you can manage to last at all). Benefits are weak too, so overall I would say you can do better financially searching elsewhere.

To their credit, they do plan some nice events and give out some nice company gear, but frankly, this isn't why you choose where to work, and it comes nowhere close to covering for their flaws.

If you need a job, you can probably do worse, but proceed with extreme caution.
Pros
nice gear, good work/life balance
Cons
zero job security, poor management, high turnover
Great Culture and Great Experience
Director of Customer Relations (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJuly 29, 2016
I have been with Frontpoint since 2009, when there were only 15 employees (including the three founders). I have helped them grow from startup to a mid-size company (500+ employees), and from an unknown firm to the top-rated home security company in America (based on almost any legitimate review or rating source).

The culture here is one of constant change and improvement, while being careful never to grow so fast that they lose control of their quality. Getting to the top and staying there has been a truly fulfilling experience which never ceases to challenge or excite.

Frontpoint goes out of its way to hire smart people, encourage them to work hard, and to continually find better ways to interact with their customers.
Pros
Tons of fun, culture-related opportunities from break rooms which are stocked with PS4's, XBOX1's, and pool tables to free lunches on weekends, to the huge annual winter party, and plenty of happy hours in between. It's also located 3 blocks from the Spring Hill Metro stop.
Cons
Pay could be more competitive, but there is little else to say negative about this company.
Very fun place to work!
Retention Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAFebruary 29, 2016
Frontpoint has a very deep concentration on employee experience. They really do make it a great place to work. Fun activities every week. Great culture. They are a fast growing company, and with that comes some growing pains, but over all the management there is really on the ball.

The work/life balance was not ideal for me as I got married and moved and hour and a half away. This really falls on me, but I did think they expected too much time from us on the weekends.
Pros
free lunches, very employee focused
Cons
Too far away from where I moved to, and there was too much weekend time expeced
Great job atmosphere and culture
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAApril 12, 2016
Frontpoint does a great job of taking care of their employees. Great work environment, a call center with tons of company wide activities every month and a fun facility with game consoles, pool tables, etc. The culture is team oriented and everyone is in a happy place while at work.
Pros
Great facility, great culture
Cons
Benefits could be better but it is a young company
Could Pay More
CUSTOMER SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAApril 25, 2016
In all honesty I feel that they could pay their employees more because the employees are not paid enough to support themselves on their own without having to live with roommates or something similar. The company does do a lot to show their appreciation, but with all the events, money spent on free food, money spent on events, and how much FREE things we can give away to a customer per person, everyday, makes me wonder how much we really afford afford to be paid. As seriously as they feel we should take things, I feel is as seriously as we should be paid. Money runs everything, and Virginia is a very expensive state to live in.
Pros
Free food, free events, good culture, long lunches
Cons
Not paid enough to be independently supporting of one's self
Horrible
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAOctober 11, 2016
No leadership, poor hr, lack of resources, no room for advancement. Never provided commision reports. Trash. There is a pool table though, and that was nice.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Everything else
work life balance
Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAOctober 10, 2016
they had a great work life balance and always showed their people dignity and respect.the pay was great as well.I would recommend to all of my friends
Customer Care Service
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAAugust 30, 2016
A phone based job with your own desk.
Dealing with difficult customers.
Need to be patience and understanding.
Long hours of sitting, with minimual breaks.
Experience
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAAugust 10, 2016
Great experience - you can really pave your own way at this company. Open door policy for higher level executives makes things easy for conversation and change.
Great workplace with many benefits when it came to their employees
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  McLean, VANovember 15, 2016
This was an awesome work environment where you were able to work as much as you wanted to and do so in a stress-free environment. I learned different skills in where I could sell someone on the phone as well as introduce them to a very safe and sound security system.
Fun environment and great compensation, upper management lacks vision, and there are lots of holes within a lot of back-end functions
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VADecember 7, 2016
Enjoyed the people I worked with and the atmosphere the company provided. A lot of the issues with Frontpoint are non-customer facing, mostly internal issues with leadership and operational practices.
as follows
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAFebruary 9, 2016
high employee turnover rates, not good if you're looking for long term employment, terrible management practices, fun coworkers, good salary, biased hr policies and practices, upper management does not adhere to policies.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Management, HR
Pretty Chill Place
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAMarch 24, 2016
Great company and really laid back environment. If you don't mind a little hard work, and putting in some extra time you can make a LOT of money here.
Pros
Culture, happy hours, good pay structure, and casual dress code
Cons
Managers dont manage, life work balance, and lack of communication down the ladder.
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  McLean, VANovember 7, 2016
Fun and friendly environment, always looking out for their employees by holding various events and fun activities. Taking phone calls and assisting customers over the phone became very enjoyable and taught me a lot
Extremely fun work environment that was invested in its employees.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner VASeptember 1, 2015
It was exciting to come to work every day.
I was taught about everything, from writing emails, to a presentation to a senior manger, to working with customers.
Management was changing quite a bit as more and more people were being promoted. But it was never a stressful change, in fact we were all excited for new mangers.
The hardest part of my job was perhaps the timing of information in juxtaposition to the launches of new equipment.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that I never felt like I didn't want to come to work. Great coworkers, and the feeling that people wanted you to succeed was awesome.
Pros
Lots of great benefits, such as lunches, great community, excellant health programs
Cons
Not too many to be honest
Stay Away - Terrible Place
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAMay 27, 2016
Pros

- Some Interesting Projects

Cons

- Constants firings and layoffs in Corporate
- Lack of ethics. People will steal your work and stab you in the back
- Constant gossip, core values are a sham
A great company
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAOctober 26, 2015
Frontpoint is a great work environment with plenty of wonderful people around you. They put a lot of energy into each customer support representative to give them the opportunity to grow, and advance to better positions. Management is always there and encouraging you with new challenges, tasks, and monitoring your progression. The best part of the job is when a customer is really grateful to you, or your work is recognized at one of the hands on meetings by the management team.
Pros
Free weekend lunches, supportive staff.
Cons
Innacurate scoring at times
Its a grind of a company to work to work for.
Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 24, 2015
Although the compensation is good, you will never have a chance to spend the money. Its not a good place for older people with a family because the hours will not support a good work-life balance.
Management Confused - Otherwise great culture
Project Manager II (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAFebruary 12, 2014
My experience at FrontPoint was great but I found that the leadership is pretty confused on what they want.

FrontPoint prides itself on hiring the best and brightest. But, then their skills and creativity are left to squander because the executive management team requires that all decisions are made at the CEO level.

VPs are not empowered to make any decisions and directors are unable to manage their own teams.

Until the move to the new building the corporate staff felt in-tune with the founders. But now the founders are tucked into their own corner of the building and employees have been instructed to not walk through that part of the floor unless necessary.

The company feels like it has lost touch with what made it great.
FrontPoint has (had?) a great culture that allowed employees to feel like an important part of a young growing business.

I hope that FrontPoint can regain what it once had.

Comment – July 25, 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We’re very glad to hear that FrontPoint's culture matters to you. We definitely want to keep that culture strong as we grow. Communication and transparency are critically important here and we want all employees to feel connected – to each other and to management. We’re increasingly aware of this need, especially in light of our rapid growth. Programs like FrontPoint Unplugged are taking us in the right direction, and we’re always exploring new options for keeping management visible and in-touch.Please feel free to start an open dialog with your manager about any concerns you have. And by all means, feel welcome to walk through any part of our buildings. Thank you again for your feedback, which helps us continue to focus on employee priorities.

Fast-paced and productive environment
Sr. SECURITY SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  McLean, VANovember 10, 2013
Typical day includes working inbound/outbound calls of prospective customers seeking a consultative quote for a full residential or commercial security solution. I have learned how to sell using a needs based sales style focusing on active listening and using this information to overcome potential objections to close the sale. Management is helpful and supportive and co-workers are polite and cooperative.
Pros
Great work environment with no micromanagement
Cons
benefits and commision structure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frontpoint. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6