Frost & Sullivan Employee Reviews

Frost and Sullivan
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 26, 2017
It's not a bad company to work for but they don't pay much. There is not much chance for promotion. It is a privately owned company and that means it is hard to climb up the ladder.
Good Entry-Level Job into Business Consulting
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 23, 2017
Frost & Sullivan does everything on the cheap, and the quality of its work reflects that. Turnover is terrible, and promotions are few and far between. Although it's technically an American company, its management style is very heavily influenced by the predominantly Indian management team.

I lucked into starting on a great team with great management, until my boss was fired (for no good reason). Then, things sort of fell apart and most of my team left the organization.
Pros
Good Introduction to the Consulting World
Cons
Compensation was inadequate
Frost and Sullivan
Industry Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 17, 2017
It is a company that compiles marketing information by surveying companies and gathering the data to resell the data to companies that are looking at marketing data for their research.
Good opportunity for experience and professional growth
Vice President Marketing / Global Events (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2017
Company provides opportunities for those willing to put in the time, effort and energy to thrive and survive gaining personal career growth and a wealth of good experience.
Strong company with very high goals
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockville Centre, NYFebruary 6, 2017
It's important for a company to set high goals for themselves, but when a division finishes up 20%, it's unrealistic to expect them to finish up 20% again the next year-- and every year following.
Bringing end users and solution providers together to form intimate working relationships is great to see. When 10-12 hr days are the norm and extra work expected to be done on the weekends the money becomes not worth it.
Pros
Celebration dinners for hitting targets
Cons
Working gruelling hours and always hunting for prospects
Great culture and experience for a fresher
Program Manager, ICT-Europe (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 18, 2016
Great exposure for a fresher to interact and advise senior individuals
Quick promotions if you perform
Sufficient training provided to make you confident to speak with top management
Longevity
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 21, 2016
The environment provides a long career if you can stay the course. Provides flexibility to work from home, offers opportunity to network with all levels of F&S employees......
Pros
Flexibility to work from home
Cons
Weak benefits, and training
The Growth Company
Market Research (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 8, 2016
Frost & Sullivan is the Growth Company, focused on facilitating client growth for over 50 years. Market research, consulting, growth workshops, and mega trends.
Corporate Environment not focused on employees
Account Manager - Chemicals, Materials & Food (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 2, 2016
Company is more focused on business and growth than they are about hiring and cultivating valued employees. Not enough training, support or opportunities for advancement.
opportunity for growth
Independent Consultant Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San AntonioJuly 2, 2015
opportunity for growth if you don't have much experience. Easy access to executive team. on the job training from team experts.
Sales
Account Executive, Events Division (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 23, 2015
As with every sales job, some people just do not make it. The tools are not provided for you with Frost. Not worth the wasted time.
Opportunity for growth
Client Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San AntonioMarch 26, 2015
Provided quality time to develop skills, opportunity to network with industry leaders, exposure to managements skills
Pros
Access to Executive leadership team
Cons
Lack of sources to provide growing culture
Burn and Churn
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNFebruary 11, 2015
Expect the unexpected everyday.

Every quarter expect to change corporate strategy and sell the intangible.

The analyst teams and awards team will control the direction.

The awards are B grade compared to JD Power and are the key to profit within Frost.
Cons
Job Security comes at a premium.
Fun and Interesting
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 9, 2014
I learned about conducting primary and secondary best practices research for the consumer products industry. I had a great time interviewing C-Level executives about their companies (primarily start-ups) and writing about market trends.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible work schedule, etc.
Cons
Obtaining primary interviews could be challenging
Not a great place to work for
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 21, 2014
I was offered a full time position with the company , and I left my Two year job I was working for to try something new. Well it wasn't what I expected. Managing is terrible. and the person who trained me was a terrible person to work with. They don't let you ask question. They just want you to learn their way of doing the job. The manager is not one who will come to you and let you know what you are doing wrong. After I confronted the manager about how I was doing in my position , she informed me I was doing a great job and to keep doing what I was doing. Three weeks after I get called in and the manager tells me shes letting me go , no worrying , no lets work on your mistakes, no lets give you a chance to fix your mistakes. I would not recommend any one to work for this company. Not in less you like working everyday with worry that it might be your last day.
Nice lauching pad but nowhere to retire.
Consulting Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 3, 2014
Company with good brand recognition but is much more ambitious in its talk than its walk.

There is very little mentoring and little ownership by management.
Pros
exposure
Cons
healthcare, pay, advancement
Nurturing environment
Economic Development Research Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 30, 2014
F&S has great hardworking people. It is a very fun environment with great teamwork and leadership.
Decent place
Marketing (Current Employee) –  USAFebruary 21, 2014
I'ts a decent place to work. Not great, not terrible. Not many opportunities for growth, team is average in terms of effort and work ethics. Just average.
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAOctober 24, 2013
It's nice place to work
Teamwork
Office Space, the real deal
Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 29, 2013
Overall, I had a very bad experience working at Frost. Turn over is unusually high, staff training is a joke, and the monthly "all hands" meeting made me feel like I was in the movie Office Space - it was that bad.

Moreover, I don't even know why they have analysts in the US. After all, they can find Indian (in chennai) workers who will work 10-12 hours / day and charge for 8.

There is no 401k match, the "good ole boys" at the top get all the money, and they advertise wellness benefits in the building? Uh, I didn't see any of that. And to top it off, if you want supplies, like paperclips, be prepared to say how many. Not how many boxes, but how many individual clips. Ridiculous! Penny wise, pound foolish.

If you are right out of college, looking for an opportunity and don't have anything to compare this company with, then maybe you'd like it there. You'd for sure get thick skin and anything beyond it, outside if Frost would seem like a huge step up. (And it would be)

Although I did meet some very cool and talented analysts, (throughly under appreciated), I can't see this company ever having profit margins above 3%. They just don't have the right vision, nor the leadership in place to make it happen.

Good luck!
Pros
Nice staff in office
Cons
Outdated office and procedures, good ole boy network, poor training, no tuition reimbursement, leadership is lacking vision

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frost & Sullivan. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9