Frost & Sullivan Employee Reviews in United States

Corporate Environment not focused on employees
Account Manager - Chemicals, Materials & Food (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 2, 2016
Company is more focused on business and growth than they are about hiring and cultivating valued employees. Not enough training, support or opportunities for advancement.
Sales
Account Executive, Events Division (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 23, 2015
As with every sales job, some people just do not make it. The tools are not provided for you with Frost. Not worth the wasted time.
Opportunity for growth
Client Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San AntonioMarch 26, 2015
Provided quality time to develop skills, opportunity to network with industry leaders, exposure to managements skills
Pros
Access to Executive leadership team
Cons
Lack of sources to provide growing culture
Burn and Churn
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNFebruary 11, 2015
Expect the unexpected everyday.

Every quarter expect to change corporate strategy and sell the intangible.

The analyst teams and awards team will control the direction.

The awards are B grade compared to JD Power and are the key to profit within Frost.
Cons
job security comes at a premium.
Fun and Interesting
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 9, 2014
I learned about conducting primary and secondary best practices research for the consumer products industry. I had a great time interviewing C-Level executives about their companies (primarily start-ups) and writing about market trends.
Pros
free lunches, flexible work schedule, etc.
Cons
obtaining primary interviews could be challenging
Not a great place to work for
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 21, 2014
I was offered a full time position with the company , and I left my Two year job I was working for to try something new. Well it wasn't what I expected. Managing is terrible. and the person who trained me was a terrible person to work with. They don't let you ask question. They just want you to learn their way of doing the job. The manager is not one who will come to you and let you know what you are doing wrong. After I confronted the manager about how I was doing in my position , she informed me I was doing a great job and to keep doing what I was doing. Three weeks after I get called in and the manager tells me shes letting me go , no worrying , no lets work on your mistakes, no lets give you a chance to fix your mistakes. I would not recommend any one to work for this company. Not in less you like working everyday with worry that it might be your last day.
Nice lauching pad but nowhere to retire.
Consulting Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 3, 2014
Company with good brand recognition but is much more ambitious in its talk than its walk.

There is very little mentoring and little ownership by management.
Pros
exposure
Cons
healthcare, pay, advancement
Office Space, the real deal
Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 29, 2013
Overall, I had a very bad experience working at Frost. Turn over is unusually high, staff training is a joke, and the monthly "all hands" meeting made me feel like I was in the movie Office Space - it was that bad.

Moreover, I don't even know why they have analysts in the US. After all, they can find Indian (in chennai) workers who will work 10-12 hours / day and charge for 8.

There is no 401k match, the "good ole boys" at the top get all the money, and they advertise wellness benefits in the building? Uh, I didn't see any of that. And to top it off, if you want supplies, like paperclips, be prepared to say how many. Not how many boxes, but how many individual clips. Ridiculous! Penny wise, pound foolish.

If you are right out of college, looking for an opportunity and don't have anything to compare this company with, then maybe you'd like it there. You'd for sure get thick skin and anything beyond it, outside if Frost would seem like a huge step up. (And it would be)

Although I did meet some very cool and talented analysts, (throughly under appreciated), I can't see this company ever having profit margins above 3%. They just don't have the right vision, nor the leadership in place to make it happen.

Good luck!
Pros
nice staff in office
Cons
outdated office and procedures, good ole boy network, poor training, no tuition reimbursement, leadership is lacking vision
Frowns everywhere
Industrial Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 22, 2013
Management looks down on their employees like they are 3rd class citizens. Outsourcing to Chennai means you'll end up having to pull all the weight here in the USA. You'll sign a contract one day, and two weeks later another is put in front of you with big pay cuts (and if you don't sign it, you're gone.)

Everybody want out but management, as they make big bucks off of the backs of people they don't care about.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
turnover rate is the highest i've ever seen at any company
Freedom and opportunity to make a name for yourself
Industry Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 7, 2013
Frost & Sullivan has a company culture where attitude, ingenuity, and motivation can lead to career success. Well-known for being a jumping off point, if you have creative ideas and can back them up with a revenue generating business model management is very willing to give you the opportunity to do so.
Pros
a plethera of opportunity
Cons
poor compensation and benefits
What I learned
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2013
Was to be a leader and train from the bottom up. It is important to take the time to learn the business and learn about human behavior for any position in life and I learned this there.
A fun work place
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Westport, CTMay 13, 2013
Office work. I have learned to be comfortable working with small or large group of people. The hardest part of the job is being able to come up with new ideas. Fun part is to always be able to learn.
Great Place to Work
Senior Regional IT Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 29, 2013
I enjoy working for Frost & Sullivan, great culture and good talent of individuals to work with.
Pros
great environment to work and have fun
Cons
have to work a lot of hours
Terrible place to work
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 18, 2012
I'm sorry, but Frost and Sullivan is just miserable. It's managed horribly, everyone who works there wishes they could leave, the "culture" is a sham, the "leadership" is worse.( I wanted to laugh and cry during one of the Chairman's speeches.) The compensation is below the industry standard, so anyone talented gets out fast. Even the office equipment is demoralizing - my computer monitor was at least 10 years old.

Also, they like to lay off new employees during crunch time, so don't expect job security until you've been there for a few years. Even then, nothing is sacred; however, it is highly unlikely that you will be fired for poor performance; much more likely that you will be an indiscriminate victim of lay-offs.

All that said, Frost has two things working in its favor: very nice people and good work-life balance. Your hours are pretty flexible, and it's pretty easy to work from home - although at the time I left, that was changing. Also, a lot of that stems from the fact that nobody is very motivated to do a good job. People are happy with passable at Frost.
Pros
nice people, work-life balance
Cons
everything else
A good learning experience
Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TxSeptember 16, 2012
This was my first job out of college. I learned a lot there and am thankful for the experience. I met a lot of great people there and learned a lot about a broad spectrum of industries. Working with a wide variety of people all over the world was an interesting and memorable experience!
Pros
a good mix of inside/outside sales
Cons
poor leadership from top to bottom
Z
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CaliforniaAugust 3, 2012
Although the title says Account Executive this was really a tele sales position.
horrible team mentality and benefits
Sales Exec (Former Employee) –  San antonio, TXJuly 5, 2012
Working at Frost & Sullivan was great as far as experience, however other than the great experience, Management is out right ridiculous everyone is great at pointing fingers at eachother and not taking responsibility. Humna resources dont even have policies updated since 2007 wow!
Great company to start a new career in, but lacks job security.
Jr. Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 23, 2012
I started a new career (entry level) at Frost & Sullivan, but I could not see the promise and longevity in this company. Overall, the company is very unorganized and upper management has lost touch with their employees. Policies are unclear and at times inconsistent with previous actions. Frost continues to terminate good hard working employees and keep the "bad apples". Benefits and pay rate continue to remain mediocre and non-competitive at best with similar organizations. Company overflows with management, but struggles with under staffing and a heavy workload, while their turnover rate increases. The company portrays itself as a "global" company, but is managed like a "mom and pop shop". The employees there are polite and helpful for the most part. I walked away with some decent career experience and some great friendships.
Pros
great schedule flexibility, a decent work environment
Cons
low pay rates, poor management, high turnover rate, low job security