Frost & Sullivan

Frost & Sullivan Employer Reviews

Master in Science
Account Executive - Aerospace and Defence (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 7, 2014
Consider myself as an assertive professional, who has proactive experience in implementation, preparation, and administration in a demanding environment. I have the ability to provide extensive support to all-levels of the organization by generating and evaluating initiatives, and by avoiding peer pitfalls. I am considered to have an exceptional ability – more... to problem solve all while making confident, accurate and time sensitive decisions. – less
Ready to State
Account Executive - Aerospace and Defence (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 8, 2013
I played under the guidance of great coaches that have helped me discover my hidden athletic and leadership abilities. I will install what my coaches taught me, the importance of education and winning through hard work, determination and preparation. As a player and as a coach at the high school and collegiate level, I have experienced the highs and – more... lows of being a part of a rebuilding process for an athletic program. I am proud to say that I both witnessed and have been a part of the culture and mindset that transformed a mediocre athletic program into a “Society of Champions.” With the skills I have attained through my education, past worked experiences, and life; is exactly what I will deliver to the task and to its purpose and goals. The volume of time and responsibility every task I work on gets will be demonstrated in the success of any task I am a part of. I am receiving my Masters in Kinesiology from Texas A&M – San Antonio, on December 17, 2013.
If you should require additional information my personnel file along with performance evaluations are available. – less
Office Space, the real deal
Analyst (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: nice staff in office
Cons: outdated office and procedures, good ole boy network, poor training, no tuition reimbursement, leadership is lacking vision
Overall, I had a very bad experience working at Frost. Turn over is unusually high, staff training is a joke, and the monthly "all hands" meeting made me feel like I was in the movie Office Space - it was that bad.

Moreover, I don't even know why they have analysts in the US. After all, they can find Indian (in chennai) workers who will work 10-12 – more... hours / day and charge for 8.

There is no 401k match, the "good ole boys" at the top get all the money, and they advertise wellness benefits in the building? Uh, I didn't see any of that. And to top it off, if you want supplies, like paperclips, be prepared to say how many. Not how many boxes, but how many individual clips. Ridiculous! Penny wise, pound foolish.

If you are right out of college, looking for an opportunity and don't have anything to compare this company with, then maybe you'd like it there. You'd for sure get thick skin and anything beyond it, outside if Frost would seem like a huge step up. (And it would be)

Although I did meet some very cool and talented analysts, (throughly under appreciated), I can't see this company ever having profit margins above 3%. They just don't have the right vision, nor the leadership in place to make it happen.

Good luck! – less
Frowns everywhere
Industrial Research Analyst (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 22, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: turnover rate is the highest i've ever seen at any company
Management looks down on their employees like they are 3rd class citizens. Outsourcing to Chennai means you'll end up having to pull all the weight here in the USA. You'll sign a contract one day, and two weeks later another is put in front of you with big pay cuts (and if you don't sign it, you're gone.)

Everybody want out but management, as they – more... make big bucks off of the backs of people they don't care about. – less
Freedom and opportunity to make a name for yourself
Industry Analyst (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 7, 2013
Pros: a plethera of opportunity
Cons: poor compensation and benefits
Frost & Sullivan has a company culture where attitude, ingenuity, and motivation can lead to career success. Well-known for being a jumping off point, if you have creative ideas and can back them up with a revenue generating business model management is very willing to give you the opportunity to do so.
What I learned
Account Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 21, 2013
Was to be a leader and train from the bottom up. It is important to take the time to learn the business and learn about human behavior for any position in life and I learned this there.
A fun work place
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Westport, CTMay 13, 2013
Office work. I have learned to be comfortable working with small or large group of people. The hardest part of the job is being able to come up with new ideas. Fun part is to always be able to learn.
Great Place to Work
Senior Regional IT Operations Manager (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 29, 2013
Pros: great environment to work and have fun
Cons: have to work a lot of hours
I enjoy working for Frost & Sullivan, great culture and good talent of individuals to work with.
Terrible place to work
Research Analyst (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 18, 2012
Pros: nice people, work-life balance
Cons: everything else
I'm sorry, but Frost and Sullivan is just miserable. It's managed horribly, everyone who works there wishes they could leave, the "culture" is a sham, the "leadership" is worse.( I wanted to laugh and cry during one of the Chairman's speeches.) The compensation is below the industry standard, so anyone talented gets out fast. Even the office equipment – more... is demoralizing - my computer monitor was at least 10 years old.

Also, they like to lay off new employees during crunch time, so don't expect job security until you've been there for a few years. Even then, nothing is sacred; however, it is highly unlikely that you will be fired for poor performance; much more likely that you will be an indiscriminate victim of lay-offs.

All that said, Frost has two things working in its favor: very nice people and good work-life balance. Your hours are pretty flexible, and it's pretty easy to work from home - although at the time I left, that was changing. Also, a lot of that stems from the fact that nobody is very motivated to do a good job. People are happy with passable at Frost. – less
A good learning experience
Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TxSeptember 16, 2012
Pros: a good mix of inside/outside sales
Cons: poor leadership from top to bottom
This was my first job out of college. I learned a lot there and am thankful for the experience. I met a lot of great people there and learned a lot about a broad spectrum of industries. Working with a wide variety of people all over the world was an interesting and memorable experience!
Z
Account Executive (Former Employee), Mountain View, CaliforniaAugust 3, 2012
Although the title says Account Executive this was really a tele sales position.
horrible team mentality and benefits
Sales Exec (Former Employee), San antonio, TXJuly 5, 2012
Working at Frost & Sullivan was great as far as experience, however other than the great experience, Management is out right ridiculous everyone is great at pointing fingers at eachother and not taking responsibility. Humna resources dont even have policies updated since 2007 wow!
Great company to start a new career in, but lacks job security.
Jr. Network Administrator (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 23, 2012
Pros: great schedule flexibility, a decent work environment
Cons: low pay rates, poor management, high turnover rate, low job security
I started a new career (entry level) at Frost & Sullivan, but I could not see the promise and longevity in this company. Overall, the company is very unorganized and upper management has lost touch with their employees. Policies are unclear and at times inconsistent with previous actions. Frost continues to terminate good hard working employees and – more... keep the "bad apples". Benefits and pay rate continue to remain mediocre and non-competitive at best with similar organizations. Company overflows with management, but struggles with under staffing and a heavy workload, while their turnover rate increases. The company portrays itself as a "global" company, but is managed like a "mom and pop shop". The employees there are polite and helpful for the most part. I walked away with some decent career experience and some great friendships. – less
na
Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Chennai, TNJune 25, 2014
Pros: racer
Cons: nothing
- Creating Graphics for Banner, Poster, Flyers, Corporate Folder, Lanyard & other collaterals.
- Confer with Creative, Art, Copy-writing, or Marketing department heads to discuss presentation concepts, and to coordinate creative activities.
- Mark up, Paste & complete layouts, and write typography instructions to prepare materials for Printing.
- Presentation – more... Design, Concept Design, Event Collateral Design, Branding Standards, Icon Illustration
- HTML Email Design
- Bussiness Card & ID Card Design – less
Productive and Fun Working Environment
Marketing Automation Specialist (Current Employee), ChennaiJune 19, 2014
# Marketing based Research
# Secondary Research
# Sales Logic Database usage
# Lead Processing
An enriching environment to learn and explore the business world
Research Analyst (Former Employee), Bangalore,IndiaJanuary 15, 2014
On a consulting project, we would initially do some secondary research on the industry to understand its dynamics, market players and existing trends. Then we would do primary research through personal interviews of senior management, opinion leaders, end users by travelling to the respective locations. After collecting the data, we, analysts, would – more... brain storm to unravel the insights and come up with recommendations for the client. The final deliverable, either a power point presentation or word document is presented to the client. For reports too, we follow a similar work flow structure. – less
Highly Secure and Stress free
Executive Quality Assurance (Current Employee), Chennai,Tamil naduDecember 7, 2013
secure and had lots of fun. I have learnt work environment about MNC. Also. management is really favor to workers. my colleagues are so friendly and very helpful to me.
Amazing place to work.
Strategic Business Development (Former Employee), Chennai, TNDecember 3, 2013
Pros: 5 days a week, organised setup, structured review process.
Cons: nothing much.
It is an amazing place to work with. Very structured organisation with specifically assigned KRA's & instrumental mentors who have driven the passion in us to go the extra mile.
Good opportunity in terms of the pay and learning new stuff if you work in its Shanghai office, which has the unique business of IPO related projects.
CONSULTANT (Former Employee), 上海市, C23August 1, 2013
Fairly good pay especially for entry level people. Learnt a lot of consulting knowledge there, senior people are kind and willing to teach. Downside is the long working hours.
Productive and a fun environment to work in
Market Intelligence-Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 20, 2013
Pros: brand name and working enironment
Cons: monotonous
The people in the company are really helpful and welcoming to interns. The management is friendly and even helps you with your problems. Detailed description and explanation of the job in hand is give. I have gained good knowledge over market research and how to put it to use. The best part of the job is that you increase your knowledge by doing research – more... about different things which is later used for extensive research work. The most difficult part is to keep doing the same things over and over again. – less

About Frost & Sullivan

Market research leaving you a little cold? Research firm Frost & Sullivan provides market intelligence and strategic advice from – Read more