Frost VP is a highly focused investment and incubator company designed to quickly and thoroughly exploit the tremendous opportunities available today in the cloud and big data revolutions. Frost VP comprises a family of affiliated companies and investment vehicles.
This individual will fill a key role within the administrative and assisting the accounting/finance group. The successful candidate will need to be effective and experienced in office management and general accounting functions. This position performs a variety of routine and some non-routine general office and clerical/accounting functions. This position requires general accounting responsibilities, including journal entries, intercompany transactions, account reconciliations and accruals.
- Welcomes guests, customers and employees by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Assists with executive’s appointments by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences and travel.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requires; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluation new equipment and techniques.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions and completes corresponding reconciliations.
- Prepares and analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, capital, income & expenses.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts,
- Assists with month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing processes, ensuring transactions are in accordance with GAAP.
- Ensures that all deadlines are met in accordance with the closing dates set by management.
- Coordinating meeting and hospitality for guests
- The list of responsibilities may not be all-inclusive and can be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance
- 2-3 years of related experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Intermediate Excel skills required – ability to create formulas
- Administrative writing skills; Supply Management; Scheduling, Travel Logistics, Organization
- Able to work with minimum supervision while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with others.
- Strong work ethic and emphasis on attention to detail.
- Analytical problem solving ability.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required.
Indeed - 30+ days ago