Frost Employee Reviews

Great place to work but no training or support from management.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJanuary 16, 2018
Overall I enjoyed working for Frost but everything I learned was self-taught or through customer service support. There was no formal training for my position, or support from local employees or management which was overwhelming in the beginning. The hardest part of the job was having to constantly figure things out on my own and make decisions that should be made by management. The most enjoyable part was speaking to customers and helping them find solutions to their banking needs.
Pros
Good work environment, Compensation, Hours
Cons
Lack of training, have to pay for some of the health insurance, some of the employees were rude to customers or not team players, management could be improved.
Good Workplace
Banking Summer Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 9, 2018
Worked over the summer as a banking intern. Reviewed cash flow, income, and balance sheet statements of companies seeking to acquire debt financing. Worked on the Mortgage team
Fun workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 5, 2018
I enjoyed this job! Management was very helpful and personable. They were on the same level as all of the employees, which made it so much more relaxed!
Pros
Positive work atmosphere
Cons
Na
Relaxed and Flexible workplace
Intern (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 2, 2018
My work didn't change a lot day to day. I learned about auditing. My management was nice. It was not the hardest job of my life. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility.
Pros
flexible
Cons
hours
Competitve
Fraud Prevention Investigator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78251December 25, 2017
Competitive. Job advancement not available. Learning and training very limited. Micromanagement environment. Casual dress and covered garage parking. Clock In and Clock Out positions.
Good, solid workplace
Vault Teller (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXDecember 21, 2017
Some busy, some slow days. People willing to work together. Branch Managers spread out between 2 to 3 branches but options are available to reach out for any help needed or questions. Some high maintenance customers can make the job taxing, but more customers, than not, appreciate the friendly Frost personality.
Pros
Benefits for part time employees
Cons
no sick time for part time employees, only one week vacation for PT
reconciling of insurance accounts
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 18, 2017
Daily duties at Frost Bank included handling reconciling duties for 2 branches (Dallas and Houston), making sure that insurance payments were credited to correct vendor and or client.
Very relaxed place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXNovember 28, 2017
I worked at Frost for two years. Frost was a very chill job. The customers felt like family. Because Frost is a smaller bank (compared to other national banks) you could often get to know your the customers better which made for a better experience. Management within the branches changed from time to time, depending on the branch and market needs. Upper management pretty much same throughout my tenure. I hated to leave because I was so comfortable there. Still bank there though.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, Free lunch when short staffed, free snacks
Cons
Sometimes short staffed
Productive and fast paced environment
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXNovember 21, 2017
I loved working with frost bank. I loved the busy days which would fly by. My coworkers made it 10x better and the customers were all so nice and talkative. My job wasn't easy but it wasn't difficult either.
Pros
1 hr lunch, management is very involved, starting pay is very good, benefits
Cons
Not really anything to say
Good Company
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 20, 2017
Good company to work for. Great 401k matching program. Strong leadership from top to bottom. Frost likes to promote from within and gives you the resources to succeed.
Great Place to Work
Relationship Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 14, 2017
I greatly enjoyed working at Frost. Wonderful people and work environment! The only reason I left was because I had to move outside of Texas. If you're going to be in banking in Texas, this is the place to be.
fun place to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2017
enjoyed working here was one of my favorite places despite some of the co workers and managers i had to deal with
the only thing i didnt like is it was part time and i got looked over for full time postion even tho i was next up for it had i found a better job that was full time and more pay with benefits
Frost Bank
Teller (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 7, 2017
I started as a teller with the intention of using the position to get my foot in the door. I applied several times to more advanced positions and had a couple of interviews but was unable to move up. Frost is such a great company that people rarely leave their position, which means that those positions do not open regularly for people to be promoted. I ended up leaving after 2 years, slightly frustrated at my lack of advancement opportunities.
A pretty chill place
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 6, 2017
People that work there are awesome, but the new universal banker roles can get stressful in a high volume branch. Pay was moderately good and asking for time off wasn't a hassle.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MDNovember 3, 2017
a very good pace to work, help each other, and always make sure both workers and customers are very well cared for. there are no discrimination. it is a very respectful work area
A professional atmosphere..
Mail clerk and branch runner (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 25, 2017
It was a pleasant job, the employees were nice and professional. It was not my intention to continue as a mail runner. I was hoping to advance within the year either going into the Wire department handling mortgage loans and or into the mortgage lending. I had to leave Frost due to my husband illness.
Fun Work Place
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 23, 2017
Great Company fun and enjoyable. Did alot of lighting building and construction type of jobs and also working with diffrent ethenic backgrounds was a great experience as well
Senior Personal Banking Officer (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXOctober 23, 2017
I love working for Frost Bank. I would continue to work here if it wasn’t for the fact that my husband is in the Army and is getting restationed. Management is very professional and helping in making sure you exceed.
Relaxed job
Service Manager/ Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 21, 2017
Go company to work for, management including HR is poorly managed. If you have any concerns or things that needs to be discuss just know its not only between HR and you.
Very bad leadership
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 19, 2017
I was at Frost over 5 years. Every location has different rules even though you are all supposed to have the same rules. Management was terrible from top to bottom. No advancement and they pass problems from one branch to another. Terrible training techniques and management picks the favorites.
Pros
hour lunch break
Cons
No career growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frost. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3