Frostburg State University Employee Reviews in United States

Productive educational and professional environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MD 21532March 21, 2016
Overall the University worked well with my student status pertaining to accommodating my work schedule in regards to my class schedule. There was room for advancement and growth and the most enjoyable experience was getting to know the staff, while simultaneously learning the workings of a functioning, professional establishment.
Pros
free lunches, flexible hours, friendly work environment
Cons
no healthcare benefits
Educational Environment
Master Electrician (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDJuly 6, 2016
This job was at my university, working in my department of study. Each work day was different, there were challenges with time management and other departments needing the spaces we were working in when we needed to be in there. The hardest part of the job was working with students who were not studying theatre, they never wanted to work or perform their practicum hours. The best part of the job was working independently of any teachers/direct supervisors. I learned the most while I was in school when I was in this hands on position.
Pros
ability to create my own schedule within school hours
Cons
student workers
School is OK overall
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDJune 2, 2016
Frostburg is a very multicultural/racial/ethnic environment. I like the fact that there are several different organizations related to people of different cultures, races, ethnic groups, religious beliefs, and so on. However, I feel that there are some bad vibes and energy coming from outside the university (racism). Some of the people who work there are quiet rude, and the food could be A LOT better. I do feel that there is room for change here, but overall, it's not to shabby.
Pros
Great work opportunities to lower tuition (work study; being an RA)
Cons
Very rural community, Gets very cold in winter, people can be rude
Fun & Interactive Environment with Great Team work in people
Web Development Assistant, Ort Library (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDJune 26, 2016
People here at Frostburg are very kind. They are always welcome. Although I am from other country, I got adjusted to this surroundings very soon. Coming to my major which is Computer Science, I learned way beyond the limits and I reached my scope & vision at the end. Professors are so friendly in assisting, very supportive. Overall students experience team work & fun environment everywhere, everyday On-Campus. Finally, Frostburg State University is a place for people who want to learn with experiences :)
Okay place to work for the area
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Frostburg, MDJuly 20, 2015
I do not feel that the CEO and upper administration care about the staff as in my position as an Administrative Assistant
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Pay not great
Great Work Place, Friendly People
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDMay 6, 2016
One of the best Places I have ever worked.
Professional Environment, Works with your schedule to go to classes. Offered me a Temporary Contract while I was between Jobs with a pay increase.
Pros
Great Management, Makes going to work fun and something to look forward too
Cons
Couldn't land a full time job, there. Really wanted to.
Tough Job but Worth a Master's Degree
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDDecember 30, 2015
As a Graduate Assistant in the Athletics Department, we were only required to work 20 hours. However, that never happened. We had to be the first ones there and were consistently the last ones to leave. We did all of our obligations as coaches, but then also had to do all of the grunt work of coaching, including breaking down film, inputting data, moving equipment from one location to another, dealing with the little issues the other coaches did not want to deal with, making copies, running errands, giving tours, as well as many other things. All of this was done in conjunction with being a full time student.
Pros
Free Master's Degree
Cons
Worked like a dog
Delias has been discontinued.
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Frostburg, MDMay 16, 2016
Was a great environment. Make sure you meet your sales goal for the day. But mostly helping people find the right attire for their body type.
Pros
Fun, not too stressful.
Cons
Closed Down
Fsu
Math tutor (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDDecember 15, 2015
I loved the place! Loved my advisors, teachers, and friends. Everyone was so nice and willing to help out if you needed it in your schoolwork. Advisors will lend a hand and stay longer just to review with you on material you are struggling with. Great place, feelings like home here.
Well Rounded Student Learning
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Frostburg, MDApril 15, 2014
As a student worker, I learned a lot about safety protocol. The management was helpful and knowledgeable. The student workers were helpful when providing job training, and eager to learn when receiving job training.
Pros
good work experience
Cons
no advancement of salary
Looking for a more rewarding job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDOctober 21, 2014
This job has good benifits, but not my type of work. Would like to find a job that I enjoy. The staff doesn't care about housekeepers. We work short, have to work building by ourselves and don't have the right supplies to clean with
Pros
good insurance
Cons
work by ourselves in building. doing double work for single pay.
Good place to get your foot in the door
Athletic Communications Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Frostburg, Md.May 22, 2014
I loved my experience at Frostburg State. My boss was absolutely amazing and gave me the free time to complete my graduate degree along with the demands of the sports information office
Pros
amazing boss, fun, no complaints
Cons
college town, small area, low compensation
No Job Security
ASSISTANT FOOTBALL COACH (Current Employee) –  Frostburg, MDMay 6, 2013
Nice people, just no job security from year to year. My boss was a bully and verbally abused all of his employees. No support from the administration. The hardest worker is very rarely rewarded.
Pros
state benefits
Cons
no job security
fun workplace with great co-workers
RESEARCH LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  frostburgJune 25, 2015
A typical day at work included feeding the monkeys and giving them their medications, then doing some observations on them. I learned a lot about cotton top tamarins, and their behavior. My supervisor was always available when needed and really cared about the monkeys. My co-workers were great and we worked together as a team. The hardest part of the job was having to leave the monkeys to got to class. I enjoyed making the food and the medications to feed the monkeys.
Terribly mismanaged with no clear direction
COMPUTER TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDJune 6, 2015
Management is completely lost and dissociated from daily tasks. They really could not be more clueless in the tech department. Most of my co-workers referred to the Helpdesk as the "help-less desk"
Great
Strength and Conditioning, Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDJuly 24, 2015
Very nice work environment. great learning experience. Great facilities easy to get along with other coworker, Beautiful surroundings and learning environment
You will learn a lot!
Social Marketing Team (Current Employee) –  Frostburg, MDMay 22, 2015
I find my school very knowledgeable and very culture. It allows event such as Greek week to happen and you can feel the fun as you walk in the Designated area. when i take out my camera i feel like i am a part of the action.
Pros
Free food
Cons
no flash sometimes
Productive and fun workplace
Student Activities Intern (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDFebruary 25, 2013
• Plan and organize on-campus events and activities (special themed events, games, movies, performances, etc.)
• Research and recommend potential on-campus performers and speakers
• Develop biographical summaries about performers/speakers for public distribution
• Utilize spreadsheets to track event attendance and interest
• Assist in event set up and execution
• General clerical duties include, sorting/prioritizing files, photocopying, shredding, email
• Prepared and organized files for storage and archival based on records management policies of Frostburg State University
- Made travel arrangements for guests and for my supervisor

The hardest part of my job was planning the on-campus events and activities and marketing them. I loved putting on those events, and they were my favorite part of my job.
Pros
free lunch on occasion
Catering to the needs of others
Conferences & Events Liaison, Driver, Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDJune 18, 2012
All workdays involved aiding clients to become as comfortable as possible with campus facilities and programs. I learned a great deal about customer service, event planning, and even life-saving CPR/First Aid tactics. Management was kind, flexible, and incredibly resourceful. Some of my best friendships were formed as a result of working for FSU. The hardest part of the job was saying goodbye to people who took on seasonal employment and elected not to return the following year. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people, making friends, and the variety of duties asked of me.
Work/Study
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDJune 11, 2015
Typical desk job of answering phones and making appointments. When nothings going on I was able to play computer games. It was really laid back.
Pros
Nice people

4.3