Frostburg State University Employee Reviews

Excellent Experience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDJune 2, 2017
Really enjoyed my time. Every day featured positive interaction with the faculty as co-workers and students alike. Simply being an assistant gave me valuable insight to what a professor's job is on a reduced level.
Pros
Tuition remission, department access
Fast paced
A Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Frostburg, MDMay 30, 2017
The job is very fast paced when it comes to assisting residents, but you are able to build a community and lasting relations not only with your staff but with the residents as well.
Served as adjunct
Adjunct college instructor of political science (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDApril 16, 2017
Complete uncertainty in continuity of adjunct position, given fluctuations in enrollment levels, otherwise very satisfying and excellent oversight by department staff/chairs
Frostburg State Help Desk
Help Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Frostburg, MDApril 14, 2017
Working at the help desk at Frostburg State University is a good first step in getting involved in the Information Technology world. It promotes good customer service as well as problem solving.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Great
Frostburg IT Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Frostburg, MD 21532April 3, 2017
A great place to work part time while busy with college courses and extracurricular activities. They were really flexible with my class schedule and any other activities that i was involved with. Good source of income while in college.
Lack of Advancement
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDMarch 15, 2017
Working at FSU is not a very rewarding job.It truely is a family comunity and advancements and job opportunities are based on who your related to or favoritism. The amount of animosity between departments is sad. Management doesn't care. Only true benefit is benefits. Money not there
Pros
Benefits. Stable job
Cons
Low pay. No advancements
Lots to be desired
Employee (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDMarch 12, 2017
There was a lot of staff transition while I was there. The management did not set clear standards. The hours were long, and the pay was not competitive. The benefits were great though.
great place
Strength and conditioning Intern (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDMarch 12, 2017
Frostburg is a fun little small town tucked away in the mountains. Everyone is nice to eachother and its a great place to be. Highly reccomend attending school there.
Pros
education
Cons
weather
Student diversity
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDMarch 4, 2017
The college has a diverse student population in a rural setting. I taught diverse subject matter in both composition and sociology.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
No benefits, poor pay
Great learning experince
Undergraduate Learning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MD 21532February 14, 2017
Helped teach several labs including going over powerpoints and helping students to prepare for exams. I also helped to proctor exams.
Able to help students at a modest pay rate
Economics, Mathematics and Accounting Tutor (Current Employee) –  Frostburg, MDJanuary 7, 2017
Frostburg's tutoring center is well organized and is suited to the needs of both the tutees and the tutors. The user interface for setting up appointments is simple enough, although it could use a few improvements.
Flexible work hours
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Frostburg, MDJanuary 1, 2017
Since this is an University workplace, the hours are flexible and you can work as many hours you want. The coordinator for this job is very nice and he allows you to tutor as many subjects as you want as long as you have an A or B. You will start off a t minimum wage but you can build your certification while earning more pay.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Minimum wage
worked as graduate assistant and adjunct professor
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDNovember 9, 2016
The University is a great atmosphere where I learned that I enjoyed working with college students! I had no idea that this would be a population that I would like working with.
Excellent
Professor (Current Employee) –  Frostburg, MDSeptember 2, 2016
Excellent place to work. I enjoy my time here working with everyone.The staff is supportive, the pay is excellent, and the students are wonderful.
Athletic Training Program was great!
Athletic Training Student (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDJuly 7, 2016
I think Frostburg State University as a whole was not up to par, however the Athletic Training Dept was always on top of its game. I learned a tremendous amount of information through my program and i gained a ton of experience 500+ hours of working directly with the assigned AT and the sports team to learn how to conduct and then slowly learning to be independent from the trainers. I feel prepared enough to do most things independently and work under the assistance of a chiropractor.
Educational Environment
Master Electrician (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDJuly 6, 2016
This job was at my university, working in my department of study. Each work day was different, there were challenges with time management and other departments needing the spaces we were working in when we needed to be in there. The hardest part of the job was working with students who were not studying theatre, they never wanted to work or perform their practicum hours. The best part of the job was working independently of any teachers/direct supervisors. I learned the most while I was in school when I was in this hands on position.
Pros
ability to create my own schedule within school hours
Cons
student workers
Fun & Interactive Environment with Great Team work in people
Web Development Assistant, Ort Library (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDJune 26, 2016
People here at Frostburg are very kind. They are always welcome. Although I am from other country, I got adjusted to this surroundings very soon. Coming to my major which is Computer Science, I learned way beyond the limits and I reached my scope & vision at the end. Professors are so friendly in assisting, very supportive. Overall students experience team work & fun environment everywhere, everyday On-Campus. Finally, Frostburg State University is a place for people who want to learn with experiences :)
School is OK overall
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDJune 2, 2016
Frostburg is a very multicultural/racial/ethnic environment. I like the fact that there are several different organizations related to people of different cultures, races, ethnic groups, religious beliefs, and so on. However, I feel that there are some bad vibes and energy coming from outside the university (racism). Some of the people who work there are quiet rude, and the food could be A LOT better. I do feel that there is room for change here, but overall, it's not to shabby.
Pros
Great work opportunities to lower tuition (work study; being an RA)
Cons
Very rural community, Gets very cold in winter, people can be rude
Delias has been discontinued.
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Frostburg, MDMay 16, 2016
Was a great environment. Make sure you meet your sales goal for the day. But mostly helping people find the right attire for their body type.
Pros
Fun, not too stressful.
Cons
Closed Down
Great Work Place, Friendly People
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDMay 6, 2016
One of the best Places I have ever worked.
Professional Environment, Works with your schedule to go to classes. Offered me a Temporary Contract while I was between Jobs with a pay increase.
Pros
Great Management, Makes going to work fun and something to look forward too
Cons
Couldn't land a full time job, there. Really wanted to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frostburg State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2