Fruit of the Loom Employee Reviews

It was my first job, so I was so exited
Production supervisor (Former Employee) –  El SalvadorMarch 20, 2017
Talk to with the operator about the goal for the day, give them the estimated production per hour and them take the time for each in the different operation(T-Shirt)
This job teach me a lot about how to manage, interact, listening and talk to with people.
Management teem keep a good communication, give us a complement for our work and help us to have a better communication.
The hardest part of the job was when we got a late product frrom the storage because that effect us in the production.
The environmental was really good, even if we were work under pressure.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch
Cons
45 minutes break time
Was at the local level
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCJanuary 24, 2017
This is an old company with many VP's at the upper level. Progression is possible if you play politics.
The pay was fair as were the benefits.
Very hard to make weekend plans while working in the distribution level.
Great place to work.
CUSTOMER RETENSION REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 12, 2017
Fruit is a great place to work, awesome managers and benefits. I had the pleasure of working with the best coworkers and I felt it was a team environment. I encourage anyone looking for employment to check out Fruit.
productive
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Jedburg, SCJanuary 16, 2017
A day at work was pretty fast paced. I have learned the shiping and receieving process. My co workers were helpful. The hardest part of my job was being a temporary employee. Management was fair. I like that it was close to home.
Good Place
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYDecember 13, 2016
Very good company to work for with the exception of the pay. Not at all keeping up with the area. Great people who care.
There is room for advancement there. Once again it is who you know.
Production
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Vidalia, LAFebruary 15, 2017
On this job I had to load and unload trailers. I had to put the boxes on a conveyor and wrap them so the forklift driver could come get them. The second job I had was work in retail to put all of the products in a box, and wrap them so the forklift driver could come get them. The final job I had to do was to clean the stocking areas in the warehouse.
Pros
30 minute lunch break
Cons
Warehouse
Good work environment
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Jedburg, SCFebruary 15, 2017
Good work environment considering your personal flexibility. Family oriented environment . Always more room for work considering the wide variety of positions there.
Pros
Consistent pay
Cons
Inconsistency
management
builder and packer (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCMarch 13, 2017
very nice people to work with, always keep you on tasks. whenever theres a problem they try their best to solve it and talk with you. they don't just give you something new and send you off. they show you whats needs to be done the right way
Great work environment
Plant Controller (Former Employee) –  Williamston, NCAugust 27, 2016
Great company to work for with good benefits and work environment. Their training programs are sufficient to provide the new employee with skills to do the job.
fun place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Wetumpka, ALAugust 1, 2016
i would have stayed with the company but my wife is military so we always moving around. but other than that i think i would have stayed with this company
Pros
good management
Cons
plant closed
Practice safety and to b productive
invoicing / Bill of lading clerk (Former Employee) –  Vidalia, GASeptember 25, 2016
A safe and production in such an exciting working environment , practice safety. Is was such an honor to have worked for a great company.
took pride in and valued my job
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, KYDecember 9, 2014
I worked 12 hr night shifts 3 nights one week nad 4 nights the second week, overall was a great place to work and was employed there for 32 years. I always took the most pride in my job as a supervisor making sure that my shift was successful in all areas meeting goals etc. It was an honor being able to present my shift achievements to my co-management team in annual reviews etc.I had an awesome shift of assocaites that I was very proud of on a nightly basis. Fruit of the Loom offered great benefits and was continously working on making it better. It also was a safe enviroment place to work. I would have been so happy to have been able to retire from Jamestown Fruit of the Loom Plant in the future.
Not a good place to work
Assistant Designer (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 6, 2014
This company is very set in their ways. It is run by a set few "good ole boys". They always talk about wanting new innovative things but when you try and do it, they shoot it down. Most of the managers are some of the worst I have ever had. They are clueless about most things. There is a lot of nepotism along the management team. A married "power couple" control much of the decisions regarding the company. I was greatly underpaid for my job responsibilities. Most everyone that works there is very unhappy. The tools and practices to do your job are not efficient and are very behind the times. This is not a place where you want to have a career, just a job.
Pros
Discounts, Health Insurance
Cons
Everything else
loved working on a assembly line.
Sewer (Former Employee) –  Crowley, LAMarch 22, 2016
This job was fun. Very strict work force. No talking or playing around . All work. your production was your paycheck. So everyone worked hard and together. Great pay and benefits were awesome .
Pros
great hours, pay and well organized .
Cons
Machines would break that would lesson your production.
Decent pay and benefits, very little job security
Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 16, 2013
The pay and benefits at Fruit of the Loom was decent, but they have zero loyalty to their employees and will walk you out the door without batting an eye. Work / life balance is very difficult, as they expect you to put Fruit first, family second. I wouldn't go back there.
Pros
decent salary, benefits
Cons
poor management, poor job security
A Fulfilling Place to Work
Assistant Production Planning Manager (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 15, 2016
Fruit of the Loom has been a great career opportunity for me. With a steadfast consumer drive approach to business, they strengthen and sharpen the skills and abilities of their employees while aiming for continuous improvement.
Productive and fun place to work
Raymond Forklift Operator and Picker (Former Employee) –  Vidalia, LAMarch 14, 2014
The typical day at work long hours hard work but i love to work hard the drive the push makes a Good worker out of anyone. what i learned i was trained to become a picker also i learned how to drive a forklift and a Swing Reach Forklift - Raymond. The management time was some of the best i worked with they made everything much easy. The hardest part of the job would have to be learning how to drive the Swing Reach Forklift - Raymond but once you learn how its more enjoyable.
Pros
two ten minute breaks and one thirty minute break all around good place to work
Micro-management, Good ole boy syndrome
Warehouse supervisor (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCFebruary 11, 2012
The management staff at fruit of the loom loved to micromanage to the point where mid-level managers couldn't perform their jobs. Opportunity for advancement was only offer to friends of the plant manager. Long hours required.
Pros
simple jobs
Cons
long hours, no appreciation, limited chance for advancement
The greatest job I ever had
Graphic Designer and Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wetumpka, ALSeptember 5, 2012
This job is the best job I ever had. Great work environment, safety, good equipment and wise policies.
I gained a lot of experience in Photoshop and Illustrator as well as supervisor skills.
The management and co-workers are very nice people that treat me very good.
The hardest part of the job is that it is quite far from my home in Birmingham, Al.
We specialize on sport balls, and during football and basketball seasons we have a lot of interesting and challenging work.
Pros
interesting, good compensations, good work environment
Cons
quite far from my home
Decent place to work. Top pay low. Hard on family life.
Opening Tender (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, ALNovember 13, 2013
12hr shift, after 8 hrs pay went to over time. Operated fork lift and inventoried. Full benefits.

I learned how to drive a fork lift, scissor lift and pull cat.

Had a very good night shift supervisor. And a tough day shift supervisor.

Co-workers were easy to get along with and helpful.

The hardest part of the job was the long hours and working weekends and certain holidays.

I enjoyed the people and benefits.
Pros
Very good benefits. Decent pay. Could swap out days and not be pointed
Cons
Long hrs. Rotating shifts. No way to move up in job or pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fruit of the Loom. Our community is ready to answer.