Fruit of the Loom Employee Reviews

Shipping Dept.
Load Trucks (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, KYJanuary 20, 2018
Loaded Trucks and worked on the shipping sorter. Ensuring the Sorter did not get jams. Palletized Freight and shrink wrap.
Make sure all boxes were accounted for.
Productive and enjoyable workplace.
knitting (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, ALDecember 31, 2017
A typical day at work was very fast pasted. The hardest part of the job was the lifting. The most enjoyable part of the day was being around my co-workers. I learned several different tasks while enjoying the fast paced work.
Pros
Lots of overtime available if you needed it.
Cons
working weekends
Great starting point for career, but difficult to advance.
Programmer (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYDecember 29, 2017
Fruit of the Loom is a great starting point for a career. However, it can be difficult to advance quickly. There tends to be favoritism among the executives where some people are promoted very quickly. These people usually attend outside work activities with executives such as attending premium gyms.

Management can make or break any place and luckily I have had good managers since I have been there. With upper management, there is some frustration. They tend to disregard advice and double down if there is a chance they could be embarrassed.

A typical work day is fairly uneventful. Morning Scrum meetings and bi weekly sprints help keep development moving. The CIO actively encourages IT to take 2 hours each week during the work day to take training.
Pros
Promotes training, fun team members, not very stressful except during crunch periods.
Cons
Lack of modern benefits like flex time, more vacation. Absence of team building opportunities.
Over all it can be a good place to work.
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYDecember 13, 2017
It is a corporate work place. There wasn't anything hard about the job that I done. It could sometimes get stressful at month end closing. I enjoyed learning new things. I had learned how to do different task so I could help others when they may need it. In some departments the management was not very good. In the area I worked in there was chance for advancement.
Pros
Friendly, helpful co-workers.
Cons
Not enough incentives for employees. Some managers don't treat everyone the same, they have favorites.
dont do it
Forklift and Turret Operator/ Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCDecember 13, 2017
they dont care about the employees, your just a number. you can forget about life outside of the job. rules are not the same for everyone. and management and Human resources is very rude
Pros
easy job
Cons
short breaks, no paid time off, management
Good
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Vidalia, LADecember 6, 2017
It's a good place to work if you like been on your feet all day. You can learn many things if your willing to learn and move up. The people are great payed back
pro
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Rockingham, NCNovember 30, 2017
I loved my job at Fruit of the Loom. My supervisor was very nice and he was very supportive of his staff. We would all have a good time working together.
High Stress place to work
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Martinville, LANovember 18, 2017
I worked at the mill in Louisiana which has since closed. At the time I was there, they were trying to keep the doors open which was very stressful. The people there were great but the working atmosphere was very challenging at times.
Company laid off everybody without fair compensation
Color Room Mixer (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXNovember 16, 2017
Company laid off everybody and made the excuse that they were outsourced by competitors overseas. I wouldn't buy their product they sold out the American Worker.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Let go off its employees even after they helped company get out of bankruptcy
Poor Management
Activewear Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYNovember 14, 2017
Fruit of the Loom offers good benefits and compensation. However the environment is high stress & management is poor. Workplace culture is enjoyable. -
Pros
Benefits & Short breaks
Cons
Poor Management
Great company in a small community
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Vidalia, LANovember 13, 2017
Great company in a small rural community. Brought stability to the community and provided a means for many to provide for their families. We need more companies like this.
Pros
Jobs in a community with little growth
Cons
Large company in an even smaller community
Job
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Port Barre, LAOctober 26, 2017
Easy to create resume and apply for jobs. I hope this helps me to get a job in the field that im looking for. The site has a description about each job title.
Great work experience
SENIOR IMPORT LOGISTICS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 24, 2017
A typical day at Fruit of the Loom, was very fast paced, educational, and goal driven. The pay and benefits were great, but it also came with high stress at times and overtime.
Pros
401K plan and great benefits
Cons
Long hours and hard to climb corporate latter
Why the job is difficult
GRAPHIC DESIGNER (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYSeptember 13, 2017
The hardest part of the job for me is the commute and management. I feel the management tends to take concerns or issues and just brushes them off. I'm an active learner and tend to learn things on my own by reading or watching tutorials. I don't like to ask questions, but I will if I have to. I feel like when it comes to review time, the questions hold me back from advancing to a higher position. Also, when people go out of their way to get things done, they don't get a pat on the back. I know it shouldn't be required, but it's a nice gesture.
Pros
I work with good people in my department
Cons
Salary, Benefits, and Management
Was great... at first
shipping (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCSeptember 11, 2017
This company does give good benefits but they are very unorganized. I did learn a lot of skills from this job only because they put me wherever the needed me. (Also I got wrote up for being where THEY put me because apparently I was out of my area.) One week you get over time, the next they send you home every day. Not a steady job. Also, when we work 12 hours, we only get 2 15 minute breaks and a 25 lunch.
Cons
Short breaks, bad tratment
Great Experience
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 30, 2017
Great Experience, would recommend! Very organized, very efficient! Recommend to my friends and they got the job and enjoys also. Great management and works with yo.
Enjoyed at first, but then found out what kind of place it really was to work for
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 25, 2017
You pretty much have to kiss up to people. At least in the department I worked in. If you wasn't in the click, you wasn't liked. I was the hardest worker and got kicked.
Pros
Vacation, sick time.
Cons
Fake and backstabbing
Very poor workplace moral
Forklift Operator/Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Jedburg, SCAugust 19, 2017
In my opinion, Fruit of the Loom COULD have been a very decent place to work long term, however poor workplace moral and unprofessional management made a very stressful and unproductive.The job was easy enough, but once again when you factor in management and supervisors who are not only ignorant of job protocol and processes it makes for a long day.
Great Place
Sewing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 15, 2017
Loved sewing, Really Great place to work. I was the top sewer in my section. I ran 175% everyday & checked my shirts.. I ran Great quality products!!
First Driving Job
Turret Driver/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCAugust 8, 2017
I think coming to fruit of the loom was a great decision because it was something new for me. I was able to be in direct contact with everyone including our boss and supervisor just ultimately in the end when you at a set pay at a job and the change it based on your job and not the need of the job caused me to leave. I wish I had stayed
Pros
Experiences
Cons
bouncing Pay Scale