Fruth Pharmacy Employee Reviews

Slow work environment, prefer faster pace and more labor.
Cashier/Customer Service/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJuly 9, 2017
Mostly stood behind counter waiting for customers. Mainly worked evening shift, so it went very slow. Helped stock or rearrange shelves during downtime. Assisted customers in finding products. Had to leave die to transportation issues..
Pros
Easy work for decent pay.
Cons
Slow work environment.
Fun place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJuly 8, 2017
Worked as a cashier and as a pharmacy technician trainee. worked with patients filled prescriptions and worked with insurance companies. Easy place to work.
Loved customers and how to do displays but retail is hard!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winfield, WVMay 29, 2017
I enjoy the customers, learning retail! How to stock and do displays was fun but harder than I realized. A small business everyone very friendly and very helpful. They care about there customers and there employees.
Good family atmosphere but pay isn't great
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Athens, OHMay 8, 2017
Like working here but need to support a child and myself. Health insurance is not affordable for most of us here. Work weekends and holidays but no extra pay.
I loved my job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVApril 24, 2017
150 I loved my job and I love working with the public. My boss was great and really respect her employees. Really nice people. It was a nice location and very nice customers where it's located.
Very enjoyable workplace while being fast pace making your day go by quick and on top of that, the people you work with are awesome to work around.
Pharmacy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Point Pleasant, WVFebruary 28, 2017
Very fast paced job that requires efficiency and being very thorough while following HIPPA regulations which is the hardest part about the job. Management could be better but I'm sure it just depends on the person who gets the job. The workplace itself is very enjoyable, it doesn't make you hate your job or anything because everyone there is a joy to be around.
Pros
Friendly employees and customers
Cons
Management doesn't seem to care
Very friendly and fast-paced place to work.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Proctorville, OHJanuary 14, 2017
Working at Fruth has brought many learning opportunities. Filling prescriptions and helping the pharmacist take up a huge chunk of the normal day. Working with customers and my wonderful co-workers makes my day breeze by. The hardest part of my job is when we have days with an abnormal amount of prescriptions to fill, I have to hustle to keep on top of the filing.
Pros
Customer Communicaion, Great Learning Experiences
Cons
Too many prescriptions to fill at one time make it hard to stay on top of filing.
Good for a first job
Pharmacy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVNovember 5, 2016
I have worked for some pretty bad places that do not care about your rights and although I have called HR on a manager here for violating rights the situation was resolved almost immediately. Employees have great eye care benefits but the company health insurance is terrible. During the holidays corporate gives out company gift cards, free turkeys/hams, and some other free stuff. A lot of the staff and customers have bee there for ages.
Customers are pretty great because the location I was at had a majority of regulars who liked to step in and say hello. We have had people tell us that we are the nicest pharmacy they have been to and hate going other places. I have seen pharmacist call corporate to get prices of malaria and cancer drugs lowered so patients can afford them. You do not see that often.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere for the most part.
Cons
Limited hours available
great people to worth
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee) –  Waverly, OHOctober 22, 2016
A normal day consists of handling drop of window, run prescriptions, count medications, assist costumers, help pharmacist, find and put away medications, order medications, operate computers, file paper work, answer phone calls, call in insurance companies. I've learned to communicate with people and how to work with the public. I like the people I work with and my bosses, but I don't really like it being a corporation. The hardest part of the job right now is that we are short handed and trying to do everything at one time. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of helping people and getting to know people I may have never met, and also working with great people.
Pros
Flexable schedule, great co workers
Cons
low pay, no breaks/30 min lunch unpaid, and corporation
Not very organized
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVOctober 17, 2016
The back stock room was as much of a joke as the management. Would not recommend working for this company, however, the other employees are nice, genuine people.
Company Review
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Athens, OHAugust 17, 2016
l really enjoy working here. I get to help people every day. My co-workers are Great to work with. I really enjoyed being a back up manager until they eliminated that position company wide. When I did have that position I was able to open the store, close the store, balance cashier's drawers, do some of the paperwork, and I "ran" the store.
Pros
Back up manager
Cons
elimination of back up manager
horrible experience
Pharmacy Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ironton, OHMay 8, 2016
I worked here for 6 months and I hated it. Only thing I liked was running deliveries. It was a nightmare. I did learn a lot about all the medications though.
Good Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVDecember 17, 2015
This was a really wonderful job. The managers and co-workers were amazing! I learned a lot by working at Fruth, I learned to do things in the pharmacy and the customer service was amazing!
Was good place to work
cashier (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVNovember 24, 2015
Fruth was a good place to work.Employees and management were friendly and helpful.Enjoyed getting to know our customers,which many of them were regulars.I liked that we were always busy and they allowed us to learn other things other than always being behind the register.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
sometimes it was hard to keep busy when business was slow
Life at Fruth
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Proctorville, OHNovember 20, 2015
I enjoyed my job in the office & helping in the pharmacy when needed. When computerized registers came in, team leaders were created. I did not like the 12 hour days & the stock work. I liked working in a office setting & that is why I left.
Great superviors and managment can be enjoyable.
Pharmacy Technician Assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Waverly, OHSeptember 17, 2015
Have worked at Fruth Pharmacy for nearly five years and they have been helpful with my schedule while going to school. This job requires patients because you will deal with a lot of people. Other than that its a good and friendly work environment.
Pros
Freindly employees, flexible schedules.
Cons
Advancement in position
Excellent
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHSeptember 13, 2015
I enjoy working with and learning from my other co-workers. I do a lot of the same things everyday. Greatful for how well they work with me on a work schedule I need.
Was an ok place to work.
Cashier/floor associate-Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  charleston,wvAugust 30, 2015
Working the cash register, helping customers find products. I've learned to work as a team to get the job done and have more customer service skills.
fun fast pace environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJuly 28, 2015
Fruth pharmacy was a great place to work. I always stayed busy and loved working with the people. The hardest part was trying to unload stock and focus on customers but that was also the best part of my day because it kept me busy
productive
Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Point Pleasant, WVFebruary 25, 2015
counting money, paper work, stock, clean, inventory, help customers, returns. Had fun loved working with the public and with most of the workers
Pros
good hours
Cons
there was a click and u had to be in it or they made your day bad