Fruth Pharmacy Employee Reviews

Very friendly and fast-paced place to work.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Proctorville, OHJanuary 14, 2017
Working at Fruth has brought many learning opportunities. Filling prescriptions and helping the pharmacist take up a huge chunk of the normal day. Working with customers and my wonderful co-workers makes my day breeze by. The hardest part of my job is when we have days with an abnormal amount of prescriptions to fill, I have to hustle to keep on top of the filing.
Pros
Customer Communicaion, Great Learning Experiences
Cons
Too many prescriptions to fill at one time make it hard to stay on top of filing.
great people to worth
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee) –  Waverly, OHOctober 22, 2016
A normal day consists of handling drop of window, run prescriptions, count medications, assist costumers, help pharmacist, find and put away medications, order medications, operate computers, file paper work, answer phone calls, call in insurance companies. I've learned to communicate with people and how to work with the public. I like the people I work with and my bosses, but I don't really like it being a corporation. The hardest part of the job right now is that we are short handed and trying to do everything at one time. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of helping people and getting to know people I may have never met, and also working with great people.
Pros
Flexable schedule, great co workers
Cons
low pay, no breaks/30 min lunch unpaid, and corporation
Not very organized
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVOctober 17, 2016
The back stock room was as much of a joke as the management. Would not recommend working for this company, however, the other employees are nice, genuine people.
Company Review
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Athens, OHAugust 17, 2016
l really enjoy working here. I get to help people every day. My co-workers are Great to work with. I really enjoyed being a back up manager until they eliminated that position company wide. When I did have that position I was able to open the store, close the store, balance cashier's drawers, do some of the paperwork, and I "ran" the store.
Pros
Back up manager
Cons
elimination of back up manager
horrible experience
Pharmacy Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ironton, OHMay 8, 2016
I worked here for 6 months and I hated it. Only thing I liked was running deliveries. It was a nightmare. I did learn a lot about all the medications though.
Good Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVDecember 17, 2015
This was a really wonderful job. The managers and co-workers were amazing! I learned a lot by working at Fruth, I learned to do things in the pharmacy and the customer service was amazing!
Was good place to work
cashier (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVNovember 24, 2015
Fruth was a good place to work.Employees and management were friendly and helpful.Enjoyed getting to know our customers,which many of them were regulars.I liked that we were always busy and they allowed us to learn other things other than always being behind the register.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
sometimes it was hard to keep busy when business was slow
Life at Fruth
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Proctorville, OHNovember 20, 2015
I enjoyed my job in the office & helping in the pharmacy when needed. When computerized registers came in, team leaders were created. I did not like the 12 hour days & the stock work. I liked working in a office setting & that is why I left.
Great superviors and managment can be enjoyable.
Pharmacy Technician Assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Waverly, OHSeptember 17, 2015
Have worked at Fruth Pharmacy for nearly five years and they have been helpful with my schedule while going to school. This job requires patients because you will deal with a lot of people. Other than that its a good and friendly work environment.
Pros
Freindly employees, flexible schedules.
Cons
Advancement in position
Excellent
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Gallipolis, OHSeptember 13, 2015
I enjoy working with and learning from my other co-workers. I do a lot of the same things everyday. Greatful for how well they work with me on a work schedule I need.
Was an ok place to work.
Cashier/floor associate-Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  charleston,wvAugust 30, 2015
Working the cash register, helping customers find products. I've learned to work as a team to get the job done and have more customer service skills.
fun fast pace environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJuly 28, 2015
Fruth pharmacy was a great place to work. I always stayed busy and loved working with the people. The hardest part was trying to unload stock and focus on customers but that was also the best part of my day because it kept me busy
productive
Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Point Pleasant, WVFebruary 25, 2015
counting money, paper work, stock, clean, inventory, help customers, returns. Had fun loved working with the public and with most of the workers
Pros
good hours
Cons
there was a click and u had to be in it or they made your day bad
Fruth Pharmacy
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVDecember 4, 2014
The work place is very well mannered. I learn more computer skills and more on how to run a company. the management was great the try to explain everything to you before they did anything. My co works was great they help me with ever project we did and they help out a lot on holidays. The hardest part of the job was to keep employees at there best do to so much remodeling and moving thing around. Christmas was always the best time at Fruth, we would bring in Santa and take picture of the kids that was always fun.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
never know when your time is up
cashier need more to do.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scott Depot, WVSeptember 1, 2014
most co-workers where great to work with
i learned our to to a plan-o-gram
the hardest part of the job was just standing around waiting for customers.
Pros
always got our break.
Terrible coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVAugust 18, 2014
It's like being in high school all over again with all the drama. Creepy coworkers which is the main reason i left there. Literally only one guy that works there that everyone loves and I was lucky to become such good friends with him.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
exciting workplace
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Mineral Wells WVAugust 14, 2014
enjoyed this job very much, worked with customers and did scheduling and ordering and bank deposits
Fruth was a good place to work on a day - day basis.
DIRECTOR OF PROFESSIONAL PERSONNEL (Former Employee) –  Point Pleasant, WVMay 1, 2014
Each day was a busy day and most always produced some challenges. Fruth was very customer focused and valued its customers. It was also forward thinking and looked at what opportunities were available on the horizon. They recognized that to be successful it must add new revenue streams to supplement filling of prescriptions. I learned the everyday importance of each customer to the success of the business and a renewed appreciation of the use of interpersonal skills one on one. I found the management a little selfish in its regard for lesser employees and not consistent in its application of personell treatment.

My co-workers were all very good, supportive of one another as well as their treatment of our customers. They were all very knowledgeable of their areas of responsiblity and performed their work very professionally.

The hardest part of my job was when it was necessary to terminate one of our professional employees.

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping others to be successful in their jobs and in resolving an employees' or customers complaint to their satisfaction. I would also have to say it was a joy to work with my co workers.
Pros
My co workers
Cons
Inconsistant application of personnel policies.
Would never work for this awful company again
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Ironton, OHApril 21, 2014
Horrible place to work. Low pay, understaffed, druggies talk and treat you awful.
Pros
Cons
Minimum wage, never get off work at time scheduled too.
Fruth Pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Proctorville OhioJanuary 9, 2014
I enjoy the work environment
I enjoy my co-workers
It is a fast paced job
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Pay rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fruth Pharmacy. Our community is ready to answer.