Fry's Electronics Employee Reviews

Found 1,128 reviews matching the search
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CASeptember 20, 2017
frys had change a lot since I was there. they offer a commison for the cashier positon when I was there.and there was a lot of perk and employee discount and the work envirment are good
Good work experience
Sales (Current Employee) –  Industry, CASeptember 20, 2017
Fry's is a good place to work in, the associates and management are a great team. Its a great place for a college student to start working, its a multi tasking place.The harder you work the more you get paid. The only down side they cut hours for part timers.
Pros
Great management team
Cons
Short on hours, No Holidays
Ok start not career bases unless u move i to manager postion
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 19, 2017
Good place to get ur foot in the door but don't recommend for a career staff friendly and management is pretty laidback but always stay on task super easy job though. Hope you guys find what you are looking for.
Typical day at work.
Merchandiser/Telesales (Audio/Video) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Working for this company was enjoyable. I enjoyed working with people and doing customer service. This job offers advancement and is a great place to work. Love this place.
Shop, Yes Work, No
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INSeptember 15, 2017
Fry's is a good place to shop for electronics and Technical products, but it does not provide motivation to stay and work hard because of both pay among different roles and departments is unfair. Also they expect too much in too little time and staff.
Entry level Job.
PC / Mac Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Concord, CASeptember 13, 2017
I have to fix computer and troubleshoot laptop/desktops. I haven't learned a lot since I already know everything, I just wanted to Have US experience.
Fun place to work for tech enthusiasts
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 13, 2017
Fun place to work for tech enthusiasts. Would always look for the new PC components that came in. Every now and then there would be a meeting and we'd get free food.
good place
Software Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 11, 2017
A typical day at work when do inventory we built display we clean up the shelfs put out merchantidse. What i learned was how to deal with different kinds of customers that we have to help out every day. The work place culture is really nice very opened. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers that answers there own question. The most enjoyable part of the job is halloween day we get to dress up and hand out candy to the kids and we even have custome contest which is pretty cool every one loves to do.
Pros
good place
Cons
dont know
Good workplace to start out with flexible hours but terrible upper level management
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CASeptember 9, 2017
Work was not too hard. Dealing with customers was good and a fulfilling experience and allowed me to grow as a salesmen. All my co-workers were helpful and nice and my department manager was great! Upper level management like the CEO and store managers did not know how to run the store properly and had to deal with cuts in staff and labor by the heads of the company. The cutting of hours was not good either as it meant less pay for me.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Department managers
Cons
Too much work put onto associates, outdated technology, product pricing, shortage of staff
Temporary only
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 7, 2017
Typical days are slow and machinery is out of date. Malfunctioning tech is never fixed. Management is good and bad. The good ones never stay long enough. The bad ones never leave. Everyone is depressed and unhappy to do anything. The hardest part was staying positive. The best part was when I had managers that understood how to delegate fairly and with good fun as necessary.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
No advancement
Stressfull work Environment due to poor management
Audio Video Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Industry, CASeptember 5, 2017
It is a good store to start out as a first job. But can be overwhelming due to poor training ethics and bad organization. Hours very. Management highly presumes the sales associate.
Discrimination
Shipping Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 31, 2017
I wouldn't recommend nobody to work there. The managers wasn't fair when it came down to people's kids getting sick. They were all about themselves...
Na
Sales person in Electronic Components Dept (Current Employee) –  Industry, CAAugust 31, 2017
I like work in fry's Especially with my team associates managers and supervisors
the problem the fry's electronics home office they cut hours and the they do not give the time to the part-time employee I asked many times for increase the hours and they did not, second I moved to another city 30 mile way from my house, it's OK if I working 5 or 4 days but not 1 day!!! per week
Pros
Na
Cons
10 min short break
Horrible place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 28, 2017
No one is friendly. Since most of the associates get paid by commission, you have to work really hard to meet the commission sheet, which is pretty much impossible.
Survival workplace culture
ECT Coordinator/Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 26, 2017
The management doesn't care about the welfare of the employees. Stressful working environment and employees are considered as a "statistic" and being used.
Pros
Survive against all odds
Cons
Challenging and stressful work environment.
Dying company, stuck in the past
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 25, 2017
Dealing with red tape, constantly changing policies and less and less staff to deal with it all. There are a few good positions in the company but it's hard to get into them.
Average retail with average pay.
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAAugust 24, 2017
Working at Fry's is pretty much the same everyday; help out customers, restock and repeat.

Don't get fooled about commission. It's almost impossible to reach your sales goals unless you just focus on sales, steal customers from others and let them clean up your mess. Hard workers end up with doing daily assignments. So don't be surprised when you see salespersons doing stockers job.

Advancing is easy, because a lot of supervisors leave or step down since their wage is underpaid.

Employee discounts are not competitive, price matching with authorized retailers is most of the time more rewarding.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Expensive benefits, work tasks
Job with a revolving door
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Silicon Valley, CAAugust 24, 2017
No real training involved and company wants loyalty from employees without giving any back.

Best thing about the job is discounts. Sales is tough with price matching from all authorized retailers sucking up commission. You'll be stuck making minimum wage for a long time.
Its good place for start up
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAAugust 23, 2017
Lot to do every day
Working late night
Different kind of customers
Is a good place for start up
Is a good experience for college student to start working
You should be multi tasking and able walking around more than 7 hours in a day
Pros
Cons
Low pay
Great job for college or high school students
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2017
Good working environment if you are ok with dealing with customers everyday. All sales associates are paid on a commission and salary base. The harder you work the more you get paid. Management team was very nice and were always willing to work with with any family issues that may occur. It is retail so do not spending holidays with your family you will be working.
Pros
Great management team
Cons
No holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fry's Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.