Frys Employee Reviews

Some were fun you work 80% others not so much
Front end manager/ cashier (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 19, 2017
Management gets no star really. Very poor company to work for. Frys isn't all about thier employees like they say. They don't believe in doctor notes
Fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 13, 2017
A typical day at Frys Electronics is helping customers choose appliances and cell items that they need.
I have learned how to approach people in different ways and that not everyone is the same. Also, be able to commentate for each customer.
Management was good. they helped with issues and were able to answer customer questions that you where not able to answer and went above and beyond to help customers and make sure that they are happy.
The hardest part about this job was that I did not have enough training and I had to learn some things myself.
The most enjoyable part about the job was my coworkers we where always having fun.
Pros
flexable hours, good comunication
Cons
commition rate was low
Fun work place with a lot of opportunities to advance or cross train
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZMay 5, 2017
Im a student so it was difficult to work late nights or close around 5am . Management refused to accommodate me and other students so that we were not behind studies. Job itself is easy but can be stressful on the body so you must keep hydrated as a courtesy clerk while on cart duty.
Pros
Potlucks, own locker, free water when outside, cool management
Cons
Breaks, cart duty, employee discount, rude customers/leads
not great for long term
Starbucks Barista/ Ast and also B/U Secretary (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 1, 2017
management is getting younger and more red then green when it comes to leadership. customer service along with your job is hard to get all the work done, everyone is always in a hurry to try and finish on time. Management teams fill the same way and end up taking it out on the employees.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
no set schedules
fun and sometimes not
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZApril 28, 2017
its a fun job its just a lot of work and management is kinda missed you. if you know people there you will enjoy working at frys, and training is easy and quick.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks (10min)
Stressful with no help.
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  3511 w. Peoria aveApril 25, 2017
I worked for frys for over 8 years an they fired me for being 5 minutes late. Considering I never called out, took the bus to an from there every day, I thought I would be a bit more appreciated an given a last an final chance but I wasn't given one.
Love the people hate the place
All Purpose Clerk (Former Employee) –  Laveen, AZApril 24, 2017
Frys is great just the management and workers rift is so huge. That's the main problem. Not all management though it's ok to start but if you can't move up I'd leave
Pros
Homely environment familiar faces
Cons
Managemen
Very productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 21, 2017
It was a very busy job however it was very fun. Friendly management and friendly staff. Very caring and kind people. Everyday I worked everyone on shift seemed very happy!
Pros
Fun coworkers, very good work environment.
awesome
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZApril 2, 2017
a great environment to work at. great people. great benefits. good pay with great adavantage for moving up. worked there 2 years. great medical with union support
Fun workplace
Head of Apparel Department (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 29, 2017
I manage to work above 8-10 on the apparel floor. It was a very fun experience at times difficult but that is when I reached out to my supervisor. My co workers and I got alone excellent.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
short breaks
amazing job
Pharmacy tech (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 28, 2017
filled and typed prescrptions, I learned how to help others and give great customer service. great management and amazing employees the hardest part of the job was nothing I loved this job, but had to relocate
Pros
people
Not happy
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Sun City, AZMarch 23, 2017
deli. Manager argues in front of customers. The am shift gets 40 plus hrs but pm shift doesn't get close to 35 hrs. We can't pay bills with that. They say u can get a second job but we are your primary well off one one day what second job will hire that. If the second job needs weekend position well Fry's says we can work it out on weekdays not weekends. Training what training. Blind leading the blind.
Pros
Great for retires or students
Cons
Not good for people needs the money your scedual is 4 to 5 hrs a night. Not worth it
They're acting like we owe them something.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZMarch 22, 2017
Got treated like a slave. Get introuble if you're not coming on one of your days odd during the week. Don't work around your schooling schedule. Just didn't feel respected.
Fun work place
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Globe, AZMarch 16, 2017
I loved working here it was like my family. We all treated each other well and with respect. I would of stayed longer but i had to move out of town. Wish i would of transfered
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Out late
New management, got rid of all hard workers.
Assistant Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 10, 2017
Not the greatest company to work for. I really don't want to have to through them under the bus. Management was not great. They use profanity and very unprofessional.
Pros
Bonus checks! Not much but can't complain.
Cons
Healthcare takes over a year. Management not the greatest.
Very friendly coworkers
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 3, 2017
A typical work day for me would include helping people out to their car and bringing smiles to faces. I learned how to take the initiative in becoming a more responsible person. The most enjoyable part about my job is that I am able to help people in need of assistance.
Pros
Friendly people, friendly coworkers
Cons
Short breaks, less than 8 hours a week
Horrible
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZ 85338February 11, 2017
Horrible, They will make you feel out of place and hurt you. They only did this because they did not like to see others smile and laugh. They didn't like talent and young just the heartless ones
Very bad place to work
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 9, 2017
People at frys are always talking about how they hate there job and it makes you hate it to. .............................................
Pros
Easy
Cons
People are horrible
Fun
Curtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 6, 2017
Great job for a first job gets time management skills to a test and multi tasking is a must but after a few weeks it all becomes second nature all in all fun place to work
Pros
Fun
Cons
Bad pay
Fun and friendly enviroment
GM Stocker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 2, 2017
Everyday I would unload boxes or crates and stock the shelves and if I needed any help the GM manager was there to help or direct me to the right place. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers. I learned to handle different machines, and the hardest part of the job was standing, but I never complained about it.
Pros
Breaks, friendly people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frys. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9