Frys Employee Reviews in United States

seniority based company
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 19, 2015
As a part-timer it is hard to get the hours that you desire and your benefits are limited. Sometimes i feel like there is a power struggle between the employees and management. This is why they have a union because there is always a conflict between the two. It is very hard to obtain full-time status because of the fact that the company doesn't want to pay for more benefits and management would lose money on their bonus checks. Fry's feels as if they can run their company off of part-time employees which is true but it doesn't make it ideal for anyone looking for an actual career. I would recommend working here if you are in high school or in college as just a part-time job until you can find an actual career. Unless you find yourself in management.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
seniority based scheduling
Kept Me Busy
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZFebruary 7, 2016
Management was horrible and they do not care for their employees. My coworkers are very friendly and the customers are mainly friendly. Courtesy Clerks didn't get raises like everybody else in the store did.
working at frys
courtesy clerk (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 15, 2016
Its not worth the 8.05 cents, they always sent the baggers to do carts for long periods at a time. Sometimes they would leave you out there allday. they treat their courtesy clerks really bad and they only give u 10 min breaks
Pros
only good benefits
Cons
extreme short breaks, must beg for days off and you cant be sent home if sick
Great place to work,but some management issues
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  850 E. Hatcher Rd. Phoenix, AZ 85022May 18, 2016
It was nice being able to help customers out with any issues that they had, but when it came down to scheduling management was either not on time with schedules or if I had particular days that requested off they would forget not too schedule me on those days regardless.
Pros
Fairly timed breaks, Great Benefits
Cons
Low wages, Scheduling problems
a fun work place
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZJune 29, 2015
open front desk,process returns,answer phones,lotto process daily invoices,cash handling,cash checks,greet customers,daily deposits.
Pros
medical benifits for me and family
Cons
dealing with mad customers
great cuatomers i have good repore with and good employees i enjoy working with
cashier (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 1, 2016
i enjoy working for frys and have been mentoring for AFEM...assist front end mgr...which came to a halt,,unfortunatly...i just feel under the circumstance i feel it be in my best interest to start over and work cashiering for another store
deli job
Deli Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 23, 2016
wait on customers. cut meats and cheeses, prepare chicken, fried or rotisserie, ring up customers. clean up after closing
Pros
work around your personal schedule
Cons
not enough hours
Walmart was great. (If this is for frys then the walmart one was for frys lol)
DAIRY MANAGER/TRUCK RECIEVER UNLOADER (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZJune 1, 2015
I loved working nites. I prefer it so much more than days. I was able to do what I wanted when I wanted. Work was easy and I did everything right. I helped everyone and made sure everyone was working up to par. I developed many long long lasting friendships and bonds with my coworkers and management.
Pros
EVERYTHING
Cons
ONLY ONE. A MANAGER HATED ME
Hard Work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, ArizonaJune 16, 2015
Working here was fun an exciting, I worked with hundreds of customers dealing with;
Lottery
Returns
Money Transfers
Management had a few problems there, but overall helped us out.
The hardest part of the job was diffusing the customers problems, an making sure they were happy.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with all the customers that we had.
Huge store with wide inventory!
Barista (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZAugust 1, 2015
Frys is a huge store and has many good products and equpiment that me and my wife use every day from food to daipers they have everything.
Interacted with customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 23, 2015
I had a great learning experience with helpful co-workers. I learned hope to run a different kind of register I had never used before.
Worst job
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 22, 2013
I was a bagger in the past and was excited when I got the job, then later on hated it real quick. Nothing but overly picky, customers who don't communicate effectively and get angry when you don't meet their demands. You were lucky to have a good day at Fry's, depending on the day and which season it was.

The holidays were the worst, just busy, busy, busy! The managers I did have were good except for the Store and Assistant Store Manager. Store Manager was a womanizer, flirting with a coworker waiting for her to turn 18 so he can pay her bills, and the Assistant Store Manager had self esteem issues and was a real jerk, her aura was bad you could tell you would never like her.

When you needed a day off, it was hard to get it off. Nothing but arguing among the employees with management and if you were a student, they didn't believe in education. I learned that I need better customer service to handle these extremely difficult people, no matter what you did they were never happy. Getting a break was terrible, gave it to you when they felt like it.
Pros
met some nice people
Cons
management, scheduling conflicts, no flexibility
Productive and fun workplace in the receiving area.
Processing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CAJune 11, 2013
A typical day like today Tuesday, you have a good management team; and excellent team player work. I learned how to be a fair person with all my team. My coworkers always have a smile, and they always help with the merchandise. The hardest part of the job is how to solve a typical problem; like merchandise loss, and knowing that you have to relate to the problem and solve it.
Pros
lunch is always on time.
Cons
healthcare
Outdate Call center
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 7, 2013
A typical day at work for Frys.com was taking inbound and making outbound calls.The hardest part of this job was finding a seat to sit in everyday , when you clock in for your shift it can take 30 mins to find a desk and take calls (there was about 100 call center agents, and not enough desks), The time wait for a customer was about 25 minutes. They were always angry when their call was picked up.
Pros
clean bathrooms
Cons
turn around time for employees, no values, dirty desks, and tables, working weekends, and holidays, no ot, the pay, outdated system, and no assigned desks.
Repetive and hard working job
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJuly 17, 2013
typical night shift, breaking down pallets and spotting items to correct location in store. Management and supervisors also assisted in work. Co-workers was a great team. Hardest part of the job was working late hours into the next day. Enjoyed the company of my team.
Pros
employee discounts in store
Cons
working the night shift.
great place to work
pharmacy manager (Current Employee) –  tempe azJanuary 15, 2015
great place to work staff friendly customer friendly the hardest part of the job is to make everybody happy the best part is the interaction betwwen staff and clients
nice job
Night Stocker (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 11, 2013
my work is nice just that I need more hours to be able to pay my bills and I learned to be fast at work. they have good managements my co-workers are nice
Terrible Management
Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Belton, TXJanuary 30, 2014
They need new management that actually listens and communicates with their employees and knows how to run a restaurant.
Cons
no breaks, terrible communications
Customer Service in every aspect
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Ellsworth and BroadwayApril 28, 2013
Working at Frys, there is customer service in every move we make. I walk in and begin my customer service. The co-workers are great and the managment makes it better. There is not really a hard part to the job, but what I most enjoy is the smiling faces walking in and out knowing I did my job just by being friendly and helpful.
enjoyed co workers
Deli Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 23, 2014
loved the department I worked in especially co workers. I took on extra to help department out cause I cared about my co workers
Cons
did not care about how much you did for company to take in consideration when you need it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Frys. Our community is ready to answer.