FST Technical Services Employee Reviews

Glorified temp service for the position I was in
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMay 11, 2017
FST technical was a way for me to get my foot in the door at a much better employer.
I worked as a contract employee working for another company in the semiconductor industry.
The only positive benefit was the wage and the only redeeming factor. Time off was a total of 40 hours a year with no increases for length of employment. Hours worked in a shift were 12. Less than 4 days off in a year in an industry that averaged much, much higher. Health insurance was extremely expensive with high deductibles. I can't remember if vision and dental were even offered.
Ultimately, I was hired by the company I was placed with after a little more than a year so this position with FST served its purpose.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Most everything else
Excellent company to work for
Project Manager / Inspector for Town of Malta (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZDecember 14, 2015
FST is an up and coming company. The company treats its employees fairly and the compensation is on par with other companies the are engaged in similar types of operations.
Pros
Friendly company atmosphere
Sometime i is a fun place to work.
Tester (Former Employee) –  Malta, NYNovember 16, 2015
A typical at work is when we all go into the meting room, discuss what was done and what wasn't . We all goes to your assign areas. the time I was there I've learned about different gases. The management team was not the team that would back up their employees. The hardest part of the job was when we had to climb. the most enjoyable part of the job is when the team work together.
Pros
Sometimes free breakfast
Cons
Health insurance, dental insurance.
High compensation for a stressful job
Project Manager/Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 30, 2014
Sun up to sundown. Typically provide support service to semiconductor manufacturing where it is always "We want it yesterday". Average 60-70 hour work week with substantial per diem.

Top level management I would cut my arm off for. Job site managers would throw you under the bus regardless of the circumstances if it was agreeable to the client.

It was primarily repetition of what I have been doing for years.

After a few months co workers and most others are in exist mode.

Hardest was the continuos long weeks.

Most enjoyable was quitting time.
Pros
Money$$$
Cons
Long hours of monotonous work, adversarial role with installing contractors that we QC
Good company to work for.
Analytical Tehcnician (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 13, 2013
This environment is fast paced and requires the ability to think analytically to get the job done.