FTI Consulting, Inc.

FTI Consulting, Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive workplace with relaxed atmosphere
Senior Test Engineer I (Current Employee), Pittsburgh PAAugust 5, 2015
FTI has always been a very relaxing place to work. The employees that work here are more of a 'family' than merely co-workers. It's a smaller office and therefore allows people to develop strong friendships.

Management at FTI however, is not good at communicating directives, changes, etc.
Great company...
Billing Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 19, 2015
Management at FTI Consulting does their best to make each employee fee an important part of the business. The staff at FTI from top down are all hardworking and personable. All in all, a great place to work.
Good place to start career
Director (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 9, 2015
FTI is a good place to start career. Solid learning environment and people to learn from if joining straight from undergrad.
Productive workplace
Consultant (Former Employee), NYJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Employees very willing to offer help
Cons: Rigid advancement
I learned many things in my time at FTI Consulting. People were extremely friendly and willing to help, from consultants all the way through upper management.

I gained technical skills in many areas and was able to work in the industries that I preferred which was very important to me.
Work hard, play hard environment
Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 26, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers
Cons: A lot of travel
I really enjoyed my coworkers and the type of work we were doing. However, all of the travel eventually made me switch jobs.
A good place to work if you are not big on a rah-rah culture
Director, Global Real Estate & Facilities (Current Employee), Annapolis, MDMay 26, 2015
Pros: Interesting work, good pay and benefits
Cons: muddled culture borne by mergers and acquisitions
A typical day can be very dynamic; filled with interesting work and smart people. If you are a consultant it is a great place to work with an obvious career path. If you work for Corporate it is a bit more iffy with a career path that is a bit muddled. The Company is in flux with a new C-suite so it will be interesting to see how the culture changes
Poor work-life balance and no mobility
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Annapolis, mdApril 13, 2015
Bad work-life balance in corporate office. Unfair treatment. No mobility for most people. Management prefers to hire from outside as opposed to promote internal candidates. High turnover. No career path. Would not recommend.
High Motor, Great learning environment, Many opportunities, Global
Corporate Applications Engineer (Current Employee), Annapolis, MDJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: allows a wide range of applications to work on. work from home options. trainings are paid, and any equipment or software is provided.
Cons: can be stressful, difficult to rise within the company. better work from home and home-life balance is needed, company is global
Member of a lean Enterprise application team. As such we deal with many applications, user request for technical expertise and customization. In a typical day I will complete a Disaster Recovery test, deploy a patch or release in the test and/or production environment, create scripts to glean information from databases, create a SharePoint site and resolve a dozen or so trouble tickets.
Decent pay and horrible direct management
temporary consultant (Current Employee), ny. nyDecember 31, 2014
Pros: pay, some snacks, coffee, tea
Cons: horrible direct management
Pay is market for specialized temporary assignments, there are also paid holidays if enough hours are accrued for hourly employees. Direct management is pretty horrible. Examples:
Manager doesn't speak directly to employees about a problem, but immediately emails a long elaborate email to higher ups, giving major dress down. Once there is an email, an employee is automatically ignored if there was any positive interaction with the management previously.
The snacks that have been proven unpopular are supplied because otherwise people "hoard" the others (granted it's nice that there are snacks but come on is that the way to pick them??)
Misleading employees about performance.
Condescending treatment.
Constantly watch over employees.
Passive aggressive behavior, delaying respinding to requests from "disliked" employees
Hiring the nastiest people for administrators

The morale is pretty low. People are here only because no other better opportunity is available.
Great place to start a career
Financial Consultant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 11, 2014
Great place to start a career. Coming from college I was thrown into a steep learning curve and was surrounded by competent managers/coworkers to help me along the way.
Job duties
SQL Data Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 18, 2014
• Analyzed data export requests and wrote SQL scripts, utilized existing tools or wrote custom programs to prepared deliverable.
• Used Teradata utilities fastload, multiload, to load data.
• Rebuilding / Monitoring the indexes at regular intervals for better performance.
• Created reports on Crystal Report and Ringtail.
• Wrote custom SQL script or stored procedure for data manipulation and data extraction.
• Analysis financial data of clients includes Pricing, Revenue etc.
• Installation and configuration of databases in clustered/non-clustered environments.
• Built and maintained SQL scripts, indexes, and complex queries for data analysis.
• Worked with SQL Queries using joins to facilitate the use of huge tables for processing several records in the database.
• Maintained documents and implemented Disaster Recovery models.
• Conducted performance monitoring, tuned T-SQL and database engines.
• Recommended, design, deployed, tested and maintained database backup/restore policies, procedures and systems.
• Created, revised, and maintained database schemas.
• Import/Export data from and to Ringtail and performed manual Tiffing on files.
• Export Encrypted files from Ringtail database and submit them for decryption.
Professional and friendly
Design Consultant, Independent Contractor (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 15, 2014
The work consisted of reviewing court cases and creating persuasive powerpoint presentations for trials. The most useful skill I took away from this job was my growth in familiarity with Microsoft Office - particularly Powerpoint Presentation and the different possibilities of animation within it.
Director (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 2, 2014
Great place to work. As the firm grows, it behooves you to specialize in a practice; otherwise you are left to fend for yourself.
Large but Intersting
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 19, 2014
The company was extremely large and therefore very unpersonable. However, there were many other sectors and divisions outside of the investigations practice so I learned a lot of valuable information I would not have otherwise known had I worked for a smaller company.
Work from home
Contractor (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 24, 2014
Although inconsistent work, it has been nice to work from my home office and have no commute.
Project Management
Senior Director (Former Employee), Wayne, PAFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: salary and benefits
The primary function of this position was to manage the supply chain aspect of the overall project. This included daily on-site time at the client and working with clinical subject matter experts and analysts to identify and implement savings opportunities. I had frequent interaction with Sr Leadership and mid-level management to foster change.
Good job, interesting work.
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 18, 2014
The work at FTI varies greatly from day to day. The work is interesting and you can learn a lot of different skills. Management is ok, we get good vacation and benefits but the culture could be better.
Amazing learning experience
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: work-life balance, the people were great, benefit package
At FTI Consulting, I supported 2 business segments, Strategic Communications and Economic Consulting. The personalities in each segment were polar opposites. Strategic communications was more of a public relations mentality and the economic consulting folks were more focused on research. It was fun to work with both personality types.

The hardest part of this job was dividing my time between the two teams when both had very high priority items that needed immediate attention. I was able to navigate this utilizing a team of other executive assistants to make sure our managers had the appropriate coverage and that the work was completed on time.

The most enjoyably part of this job was honing my document creation and editing skills. I also loved doing the PowerPoint presentations. The folks that I supporting in Economic Consulting required heavy document creation and editing. Through this experience, I became an expert at Word and PowerPoint.
Professional organization that offers good compensation
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: camaraderie
Cons: commute
The work day is very administratively driven - correspondence, expense reports, courier packages, reports. Great group of co-workers. Admins in particular work together and help one another whenever needed.

This is my first experience working in a business tax environment. I've learned how to process tax returns, track e-filing and much of the "lingo" used when consulting with clients.

The only difficult part of the job is the commute into NYC. I enjoy the job itself.

The best part - I am fortunate to work for an outstanding Senior Managing Director. The result of his professionalism and compassion is a group that's happy and relaxed while being very productive.
Good experience
Forensic Accountant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 18, 2013
• Performed forensic auditing tasks to evaluate the accounting records of a major electronic retailing firm within the Russia Federation. Performed these duties on behalf of a domestic based corporation for the purposes of investment or acquisition.
• Responsible for the accurate translation and documentation of many complex accounting documents from Russian to English.