FTI Consulting

FTI Consulting Employer Reviews

Job duties
SQL Data Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 18, 2014
• Analyzed data export requests and wrote SQL scripts, utilized existing tools or wrote custom programs to prepared deliverable.
• Used Teradata utilities fastload, multiload, to load data.
• Rebuilding / Monitoring the indexes at regular intervals for better performance.
• Created reports on Crystal Report and Ringtail.
• Wrote custom SQL script or – more... stored procedure for data manipulation and data extraction.
• Analysis financial data of clients includes Pricing, Revenue etc.
• Installation and configuration of databases in clustered/non-clustered environments.
• Built and maintained SQL scripts, indexes, and complex queries for data analysis.
• Worked with SQL Queries using joins to facilitate the use of huge tables for processing several records in the database.
• Maintained documents and implemented Disaster Recovery models.
• Conducted performance monitoring, tuned T-SQL and database engines.
• Recommended, design, deployed, tested and maintained database backup/restore policies, procedures and systems.
• Created, revised, and maintained database schemas.
• Import/Export data from and to Ringtail and performed manual Tiffing on files.
• Export Encrypted files from Ringtail database and submit them for decryption. – less
Professional and friendly
Design Consultant, Independent Contractor (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 15, 2014
The work consisted of reviewing court cases and creating persuasive powerpoint presentations for trials. The most useful skill I took away from this job was my growth in familiarity with Microsoft Office - particularly Powerpoint Presentation and the different possibilities of animation within it.
Director (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 2, 2014
Great place to work. As the firm grows, it behooves you to specialize in a practice; otherwise you are left to fend for yourself.
Large but Intersting
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 19, 2014
The company was extremely large and therefore very unpersonable. However, there were many other sectors and divisions outside of the investigations practice so I learned a lot of valuable information I would not have otherwise known had I worked for a smaller company.
Work from home
Contractor (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 24, 2014
Although inconsistent work, it has been nice to work from my home office and have no commute.
Project Management
Senior Director (Former Employee), Wayne, PAFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: salary and benefits
The primary function of this position was to manage the supply chain aspect of the overall project. This included daily on-site time at the client and working with clinical subject matter experts and analysts to identify and implement savings opportunities. I had frequent interaction with Sr Leadership and mid-level management to foster change.
Good job, interesting work.
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 18, 2014
The work at FTI varies greatly from day to day. The work is interesting and you can learn a lot of different skills. Management is ok, we get good vacation and benefits but the culture could be better.
Amazing learning experience
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: work-life balance, the people were great, benefit package
At FTI Consulting, I supported 2 business segments, Strategic Communications and Economic Consulting. The personalities in each segment were polar opposites. Strategic communications was more of a public relations mentality and the economic consulting folks were more focused on research. It was fun to work with both personality types.

The hardest part – more... of this job was dividing my time between the two teams when both had very high priority items that needed immediate attention. I was able to navigate this utilizing a team of other executive assistants to make sure our managers had the appropriate coverage and that the work was completed on time.

The most enjoyably part of this job was honing my document creation and editing skills. I also loved doing the PowerPoint presentations. The folks that I supporting in Economic Consulting required heavy document creation and editing. Through this experience, I became an expert at Word and PowerPoint. – less
Professional organization that offers good compensation
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: camaraderie
Cons: commute
The work day is very administratively driven - correspondence, expense reports, courier packages, reports. Great group of co-workers. Admins in particular work together and help one another whenever needed.

This is my first experience working in a business tax environment. I've learned how to process tax returns, track e-filing and much of the "lingo" – more... used when consulting with clients.

The only difficult part of the job is the commute into NYC. I enjoy the job itself.

The best part - I am fortunate to work for an outstanding Senior Managing Director. The result of his professionalism and compassion is a group that's happy and relaxed while being very productive. – less
Good experience
Forensic Accountant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 18, 2013
• Performed forensic auditing tasks to evaluate the accounting records of a major electronic retailing firm within the Russia Federation. Performed these duties on behalf of a domestic based corporation for the purposes of investment or acquisition.
• Responsible for the accurate translation and documentation of many complex accounting documents from – more... Russian to English. – less
Worst place I ever worked. Job description and actual job were nothing alike.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 20, 2012
Coworkers very nice, people in department not at all. Age discrimination was as work - I am older than the supervisors and when asked to do something, the more trivial the task, the louder they spoke.. Hardest part of the job was boredom - could sit for hours with nothing to do and at 4:55 p.m., get an email - "Must be done before you leave."
Japanese legal document review
Legal document translator and document reviewer (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 15, 2012
I, indeed, enjoyed working at FTI consulting with such great stuff and treatment.
High-stress environment with supportive management staff
Project Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 7, 2012
While this company requires a lot of time commitment that cuts into your work/life balance, the managing staff attempts to support you during this often high-stress environment. The potential for upward mobility is available, and rewards are fairly frequent. The co-workers are a great resource for the company moral, and help the environment tremendously.

During – more... my tenure, I have learned about time and team management, budget analysis, eDiscovery review, using SalesForce and SharePoint for reports and task management. I have also honed my client-facing skills including preparing documentation and presentations. While these new skills lead to a promotion, I have also learned that the hardest part of my job is managing the day-to-day client expectations, that can often be overwhelming when dealing with attorneys and tight deadlines. – less
Great place to learn and apply practical skills
Vice President (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 21, 2012
Pros: autonomy, variety of paths to success, lateral movement, travel opportunities
Cons: company culture
On a typical day at work, I'm interacting with the executive officers of small-/mid-cap public companies, advising them on their strategic communications, including what to say, how to say it, and to whom.

My colleagues are intelligent individuals, but as an organization we struggle to harness the full intellectual capital of the firm. We are a large – more... organization (~4,000 employees) which has its advantages (resources) and disadvantages (bureaucracy, pace of change). – less
competitive and educational
Technology Consultant (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 9, 2012
Enjoyed working here, competitive and educational job. Deal with clients.
Entrepreneurial
Senior Director (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHOctober 7, 2014
Great place to learn and collaborate internationally. Collegiate work environment.
Director, Corporate Finance, TMT (Current Employee), LondonJuly 14, 2014
Management Consulting
- M&A transactions
- Asset carve-outs
- Post M&A integration
- Performance improvement
- Deal origination
Good renumeration & flexible work environment.
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), LondonMay 29, 2013
Best Relationship among employees
Microsoft IT Consultant (Former Employee), Sao Paulo, BrazilSeptember 1, 2012
Perfect Interaction among employees
The best Projetc Manager
Freedom to give and receive opinion
Desenvolvimento Profissional
Analista de Suporte Senior III (Former Employee), São Paulo, SPFebruary 20, 2014
A empresa me disponibilizou uma grande experiência com profissionais de grande capacidade em várias áreas da Tecnologia e Segurança da informação.

About FTI Consulting

When someone has been cooking the books, FTI Consulting has a recipe for recovery. The company is one of the leading providers – Read more