FTS International Employee Reviews

Fun Place To Work But Very Physically And Mentally Demanding
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Eighty Four, PAOctober 13, 2017
Excellent place to work and make a lot of money but you pay for that job with a lot of your time. Very long days, exposed to the elements quite often, job can be very dangerous if you're not safety minded. People were very friendly and enjoyed working together. Met a bunch of awesome coworkers, managers, supervisors. Kind of easy going at times but very busy other times.
Pros
Nice benefit package and good pay.
Cons
Long hours in heat and cold, working in elements.
Tough place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 3, 2017
Heavily financially focused due to cyclical nature of oil and gas industry. Extremely male-oriented; obvious favoritism. Leadership is not diverse and does not value all functions equally. All C-levels are new in their roles and therefore not very experienced.

Good bonus structure and decent healthcare benefits. Flex Fridays are a plus.
Pros
Flexible Fridays, bonuses, healthcare benefits
Cons
Company culture lacks a sense of unity and direction; leaders do not walk the talk
working on pad
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXOctober 2, 2017
well much like every oil field job it is fast paced and you cant be lazy only the strong willed make it, to me I know that many other company's pay more but I like the job security
Field Engineer
Field Engineer 1 (Current Employee) –  Elk City, OKSeptember 20, 2017
In elk city the engineer management was very respectable, however, the district manager and senior level management were lacking in skills to successfully lead the district.
Oilfield
Jobsite Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 14, 2017
It's what you can expect from an oilfield job: Long hours, harsh conditions, but good pay. Tough on family life. Great for a young, single person. You'll thrive or fall.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Time away from home
Good company
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXSeptember 13, 2017
Had the pleasure of having a great team! Supervisor was flexible and also gave us over time as needed. My teem was always ready to help if I needed them to help.
Cons
Layoffs
poor
Equipment Operator/ Yard Hand (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKSeptember 7, 2017
worked twice for them both times bad luck wouldn't recommend them to anyone. one thing i did like was the training before the field it was great learned a lot
Good company, disappointed about layoffs due to oil and gas market
District HSE Manager (Former Employee) –  Sidney, MTAugust 23, 2017
I was very pleased with FTS overall. Good direct leadership for my position. I would go back in a similar roll if that opportunity arose. I don't really have anything negative to say.
Pros
overall very pleased
Cons
tied to oil and gas prices
Glorified Secretary
Field Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Elk City, OKAugust 14, 2017
Field personnel are awesome. Equipment performance dictates your bonus, so its pulled monthly due to random malfunctions (Dated Equipment). Management is completely detached from the field. Unrealistic expectations. You're in the field to simply collect data and send emails. No challenge or training provided the many years I was in the field. Learn on the fly type organization. No home/work separation. Was a struggle to even take vacation due to lack of fully staffed fleets. Always having to cover for engineers on your week off.
Pros
field personnel looked after each other
Cons
no time off, low pay, no training, and detached managment.
goood
Parts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXAugust 10, 2017
fast pace environment but excellent management! Always worked with my school schedule when they didn't have to! They care about their employees! Hours were always available

Want to know more about FTS International?

Ask a question
Long hours - good pay.
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Roosevelt, UTAugust 1, 2017
Long hours, good compensation. Worked with a great team.
Customers were good to work with. Management was shortsighted - didn't have a firm strategy for future ups and downs.
Paid Days off
Equipment Operator/Equipment Tester (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 31, 2017
Working in the oilfield is hard, but for the right person this is a good job. However I did not like doing this type of work. The work is dangerous, you work long hours, and you get very dirt.
Pros
Paid days off
Enjoyed the work
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Eighty Four, PAMay 18, 2017
FTS International was a good place to work. I enjoyed m position there and chose not to stay due to reasons that are not relevant to the work that I preformed.
They aren't to stable
WIRELINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  East Canton, OHMay 17, 2017
FTS felt like a sinking ship. I was low balled on wage and the benefits weren't very good. Management frequently would inform us we had to work days off and we had no choice. There was a bonus program but it was based on a "sliding scale" whatever that means.
Pros
hourly and bonus
Cons
management hard to work with
Good management. Very little job advancement opportunity and no 401K matching
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Elk City, OKApril 22, 2017
I learned a lot about fracture stimulation, but there have been very little advancement opportunities and company is slow to give back benefits as oil prices stabilize. All field employees have been wonderful to work with and direct management is good.
Pros
Job Bonuses
Cons
No 401k matching, How equipment performs directly affects bonuses.
Treated bad
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Eighty Four, PAMarch 28, 2017
The job took me away from home six to eight weeks at a time. They worked me 12 to 18 hours a day seven days a week, and was on call at all times. They would put me in a hotel if I had to be 50 miles or more from their shop.
Good company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Aledo, TXMarch 16, 2017
Good to work for ,bosses were easy to get along with.They work with you well when you worked well with them had two weeks vacation in , always stayed very busy on the gas well location s
Pros
Great company
Great Place to work. Great advancement opportunities
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Eighty Four, PAFebruary 5, 2017
A typical work day consisted of daily scheduled maintenance until called for equipment failure. I learned a lot at FTS. Management did what they could for employees. Workplace culture was very diverse. The hardest part of the job was to complete the project in the time allotted sometimes unreasonable. The most enjoyable part of the job was the diversity of the people.
Pros
Good work enviorment. Compansation was Good
Cons
Basically no work life balance and little to no time allotted to correct issues properly
Enjoyed it
Sr. Corporate Training Analysts (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 23, 2017
Enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. Worked hard but everyone worked as a team to get the job done. Safety was number one on everybody's mind everyday.
good place to start on oil field
Worker (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 8, 2017
typical day at work is testing and maintaining equipment, they teach all you need to do which it was a plus, management not that great, but some supervisors are very good with their team.
Pros
some incentives
Cons
no team work CYA

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FTS International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6