FTS USA Employee Reviews in United States

Lot of work
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 9, 2016
Visiting customers residents and installing cable, coax lines throughout homes if needed, set up cable boxes,activate, and arrange in customer expected location. Make sure that outdoor coax cable holder box is properly assembled and wires are inside. Climb ladder to assure cable line is attached to tap, run line from tap to house and assure single is great.
Installer
Data & Cable Television Installer (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJuly 13, 2016
This company is horrible, the pay is a slap in the face for everything you are required to do per appointment. 10 to 12 dollars an hour for the same job comcast techs get 18/20 for.
Pros
Cons
pay
learning about cable
Truck Driver, Warehouse Associate, Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Chamblee, GAMarch 21, 2016
driving equipment to techs in the field distributing techs equipment in ware house for their jobs,inventory control,team work,but was laid off
job was too short
Nice work place
Training Supervisor/Technical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 21, 2016
Nice work place. Great people. Aggressive goals monthly. Excellent training program. Decent salaries. Company vehicles is given to all employees. Apply!
Cable Installer
Cable Installer (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 24, 2015
I learned to install cable, run cable, change services, climb poles and test the signals. A typical day working with the company was like, you had your good days and bad days just like any other job. Management was pretty much on point. Co-workers, its was days they would attitudes and the vibe there I really didn't like it. My hardest part on the job is doing a big job by myself. The most enjoyable part on the job was meeting new people and learning new things about cable.
Pros
Free lunch
Productive and exciting work enviroment
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 12, 2015
A typical day involved building a particular circuit board or panel box
for the corresponding work order. I learned how to read and understand blueprints, build circuit boards and panel boxes using various types of wires and diodes. I learned how to solder and received JST certification. Management were able to provided knowledge due to them being former manufacturing team members. My coworkers are not reluctant to help each other when problems arise. The hardest part of the job is assembling some of the larger, more difficult boards. The most enjoyable part of the job is finishing a board, and knowing you got it right.
Very professional, in a stable work environment and people friendly.
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PASeptember 20, 2013
A typical day is i would come into work at 8:am long into my database and start keepin track of the technicians routes using Excel and the companies navigational system.

I've learned to multi-task while navigating through the computer system as well as setup install fo cable and internet.

My Co workers are definitely are fun and hard working.

The hardest part is just tryna stay wrap the calls up at a certain time frame.

The most enjoyable part is just knowing i can service customers by being there for them to answer all their questions,comments or concerns.
benefits
Cons
various projects
Not much for movement
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Old Saybrook, CTAugust 29, 2012
Job consist of receiving/assigning equipment to technicians, receiving/returning equipment to supplier and inventory. Did not learn much, Management was average at best. Co-Workers depended on if they wanted to be there or not. Hardest part was no overtime when you needed it. Enjoyable part was if you came in the last day of the week and you already had 38 hours of your 40 hour work week completed.
Pros
insurance was cheap
Cons
2 days a week you worked 10+ hours
poor pay long hours and management???? there is none that care
business services tech (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTJune 11, 2013
I worked for this company for 3+ years. And i have to say the best part about this job is i quit... If u were looking for anyone to help u in the field!!! Forget it..... Trust me the management cares more about their trucks then you ..... U will go nowhere in this company...I'm not a salty person or somebody who was fired!!! I'm trying to tell uDONT WASTE UR TIME.. FIND A JOB....
Cons
some long some short hours... every two week pay!!!! sucks if u had bad weeks...
Great Pay and Great fellow employees
Dispatcher / Administrative (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, DEDecember 5, 2013
Working at this company was great. I enjoyed all the co workers, the pay and the responsibilities give to me. The hours were excellent and only took me 10 minutes to get to work. The hardest part was having the corporate dispatch department undermine my work. They tried to dispatch from Tennessee, which didn't work out so well. The company went under in 2013.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
corporate dispatch
At my current office we have a fun place for employees to take lunch where we can eat, talk, laugh and enjoy our time away from our desk.
Customer Service/ Customer Relations Rep (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNApril 9, 2013
I'm a person that loves working with people and the community. Love being a part of a team that works well together. Enjoy having multiple task within the work place so that I can gather an overall understanding of how my coworkers feel while at work.
Pros
flexiablity
Cons
afforable health care
Inconsistant work load
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Agawam, MAMarch 10, 2015
This company is a contractor for Comcast Communications. The pay rate was the equivalent to minimum wage at its highest. The number of jobs you were given each day were always below the given number to produce a livable wage.
Productive workplace
Cable Tech Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Bogart, GAFebruary 6, 2015
Same as Trinity Telecom, except worked from office. FTS bought out DA Tech Inc, which I originally started working for in August 2010. All 3 were contractors for Charter Communications.
Pros
helpful & friendly staff
Cons
would not work with scheduling
Corporate, very coprorate
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 23, 2013
FTS USA bought out the company I worked for in 2012. They brought myself and a few other employees over to FTS. Most of the office staff was laid off. Our 1st year was good, Our project manager was hands on and a go getter. We seemed to be doing well. Mid 2013 our project manager received a promotion to go work in a bigger market. We were happy for her, and looked forward to making strides to keep the business running. We assumed from what we had been told that our new project manager would be in house. Instead they brought in someone who was unfamiliar with the market we worked in, who had come from a failed market where the office had been shut down. In less than 2 months our office followed suit. Unfortunately this is not really a review but my experience with this company was brief.
Not a bad entry level company to work for.
Broadband Lead Technician & Trainer (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FL Orlando, Fl Miami, FlAugust 26, 2013
The company thinks big but acts small. Poor communication across the board. The job it self wasn't too bad but would have been nice of I truly knew what I was going to involve myself into. Pay is chinese math and doesn't respresent your actual hours work.
Pros
company vehicle, cell phone, gas card, benefits are decent
Cons
pay, 6 days week, sometimes 14-21 days a week
Manager of cable contractors for the city of Tuscaloosa, AL
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 22, 2013
Hardest part was hours. Was salary and didn't have any supervisor help. I was in charge of managing employees, training, warehouse, equipment, vehicle inventory and maintenance, QA/QC, customer satisfaction after install, all spreadsheets, hiring, training, and employee reviews.
I averaged 16 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Pros
was manager.
Cons
was manager.
Guarantee they will over work you.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 15, 2012
A typical day at work starts in-between 6:30-8:00AM and typically ends after 9 usually later. They do train you but be cautious about who trains you because not everyone will teach you what you need to know. To put it nice management sucks they do not have any clue how to manage the worse part about it they do not care to learn. Management always act like they care don’t let them fool you. Some co-workers will be there for you others don’t care and usually don’t know how to do their own job. The worst part of the job is working 70-100 hours a week and never having time for yourself or your family I am an experienced tech I promise the overtime on your check is not worth it. The best part of the job is you work so much you get a close bond to some coworkers.
Cons
never home, never see your family, for very little pay
Good for a tempary work and for long term
Cable tech (Current Employee) –  GAOctober 25, 2013
you'll work for 6:30 to 9pm, and get paid by the job. Summer you'll work 80 hours winter 20 to 30 hours. The pay scale is low and long hours. If you have family it well be hard on them. There only a special bread that can do this job for long term, most tech want to leave two months in to it.
Pros
you get paid
Cons
mangment suck, pay is low, long hours and no hope for a future
customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNMay 9, 2014
A typical day at FTS, answering all in bound calls from Techs, customers, and company that contracted Fts, or learning new jobs. I have learned that you should always use kindness to those who called in, to not make the company that contracted look bad. Always make the call a pleasant one.
The project manager was the best. She always let you know you are doing a good job, and I enjoyed working with the people there, they were always willing to assist you when you had question and things were always changing. The hardest part of the job was when people did not come in and the call volume was crazy. The most enjoyable was working with the other dispatchers and the people who called in and always doing my best and when shift ended feeling good about what you has accomplished that day.
Pros
the learning experience
Cons
project manager retiring
laid back, fun place to work
Check In Clerk/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 2, 2012
I really liked working here. Everyone is nice and great to get along with. The benefits aren't that good. The hours were perfect for me. My immediate co-workers were awesome, but like with most companies you have people who care and people who do don't. You can move up in the company, but you can also be let go in the blink of an eye.

2.6