FTS USA Employee Reviews

dont do it
Dispatch Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 25, 2017
so incredibly not professional people are rude and talk down at you never ever ever work for this company they buy out other places and get rid of all the good people and keep only the people that do nothing
job
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMay 17, 2017
This place is no longer in business need I say more. This company forces there workers to work long hours for very little pay. the benefits aren't very good and the job is very hard on your body.
Cable
Tech (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 16, 2017
Its Great And Relaxing. I Learned How To Hook Up Cable Boxes And Internet Boxes. The Management Is Great. Its A Warehouse. To Hook Cable And Internet Boxes In The Rain, Sleet, And Snow. Got To Meet Great People.
horrible
TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARApril 26, 2017
the management here is horrible. no room for advancement, management tend to not help if needed. new techs are "thrown to the sharks" without proper training.
Too many hours and not enough pay
Cable Installer (Former Employee) –  Madison, TNMarch 19, 2017
The job wasn't always bad. It did have some good days but mostly long. You never knew when you were going to be able to go home for the day. I lost so much family time. Ran the workers ragged.
Pros
Cons
No family time
Did not enjoy working there.
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTJanuary 26, 2017
Going into customers houses and business place to install or troubleshoot cable, phone and internet etc to make sure it's working. Keep track of equipment on a day to day basis.
Pros
Working alone
Cons
Compensation
Great Pay,Not so Great Schedule
Residential Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 31, 2016
Ive never had to go to work so under equipped to actually do the tasks given to me. I was paid very well but with no time to ever spend any of it and much of the time I did not have all of the equipment actually needed to complete my jobs
Pros
Paid phone, Company Provided vehicle, Good benefits and Pay
Cons
Hectic all consuming work schedule, One say off per week, Lots of unscheduled overtime
They dont care about their employees
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79925December 12, 2016
I used to be a supervisor when they bought the company from Wiretech, but they cut my pay rate and not a lot of options. FTS unfair fired people , HR department they were getting call from technicians about supervisor or other tech and without investigation they fired them , and I found out these people were lying just to get this person fired
cable installer
Cable Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Raytown, MONovember 13, 2016
responsible for installing cable to your home and making sure all the cable boxes work also responsible for running the cable lines in your home
okay place
Underground Cable Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTJuly 31, 2016
this was a okay place to work, it was a good job but no future here no room for advancement, good benefits and 401k, poor management
Installer
Data & Cable Television Installer (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJuly 13, 2016
This company is horrible, the pay is a slap in the face for everything you are required to do per appointment. 10 to 12 dollars an hour for the same job comcast techs get 18/20 for.
Pros
Cons
pay
Lot of work
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 9, 2016
Visiting customers residents and installing cable, coax lines throughout homes if needed, set up cable boxes,activate, and arrange in customer expected location. Make sure that outdoor coax cable holder box is properly assembled and wires are inside. Climb ladder to assure cable line is attached to tap, run line from tap to house and assure single is great.
learning about cable
Truck Driver, Warehouse Associate, Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Chamblee, GAMarch 21, 2016
driving equipment to techs in the field distributing techs equipment in ware house for their jobs,inventory control,team work,but was laid off
job was too short
Nice work place
Training Supervisor/Technical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 21, 2016
Nice work place. Great people. Aggressive goals monthly. Excellent training program. Decent salaries. Company vehicles is given to all employees. Apply!
Cable Installer
Cable Installer (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 24, 2015
I learned to install cable, run cable, change services, climb poles and test the signals. A typical day working with the company was like, you had your good days and bad days just like any other job. Management was pretty much on point. Co-workers, its was days they would attitudes and the vibe there I really didn't like it. My hardest part on the job is doing a big job by myself. The most enjoyable part on the job was meeting new people and learning new things about cable.
Pros
Free lunch
Inconsistant work load
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Agawam, MAMarch 10, 2015
This company is a contractor for Comcast Communications. The pay rate was the equivalent to minimum wage at its highest. The number of jobs you were given each day were always below the given number to produce a livable wage.
Cool place to work
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 17, 2015
FTS is a cool place to work. I had a nice experience there. I would recommend FTS is anyone who wants to learn the basics of cable installation.
Productive workplace
Cable Tech Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Bogart, GAFebruary 6, 2015
Same as Trinity Telecom, except worked from office. FTS bought out DA Tech Inc, which I originally started working for in August 2010. All 3 were contractors for Charter Communications.
Pros
Helpful & friendly staff
Cons
Would not work with scheduling
Productive and exciting work enviroment
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 12, 2015
A typical day involved building a particular circuit board or panel box
for the corresponding work order. I learned how to read and understand blueprints, build circuit boards and panel boxes using various types of wires and diodes. I learned how to solder and received JST certification. Management were able to provided knowledge due to them being former manufacturing team members. My coworkers are not reluctant to help each other when problems arise. The hardest part of the job is assembling some of the larger, more difficult boards. The most enjoyable part of the job is finishing a board, and knowing you got it right.
Company needs a management overhaul
Project Administrator/HR Representative (Current Employee) –  Chamblee, GADecember 5, 2014
Days are always very busy and hectic but I have been able to learn a lot of skills that will help to advance my career in my profession.