FTS USA

FTS USA Employee Reviews

Cool place to work
Cable Technician (Former Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 17, 2015
FTS is a cool place to work. I had a nice experience there. I would recommend FTS is anyone who wants to learn the basics of cable installation.
Productive workplace
Cable Tech Dispatcher (Former Employee), Bogart, GAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: helpful & friendly staff
Cons: would not work with scheduling
Same as Trinity Telecom, except worked from office. FTS bought out DA Tech Inc, which I originally started working for in August 2010. All 3 were contractors for Charter Communications.
Productive and exciting work enviroment
Installation Technician (Current Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 12, 2015
A typical day involved building a particular circuit board or panel box
for the corresponding work order. I learned how to read and understand blueprints, build circuit boards and panel boxes using various types of wires and diodes. I learned how to solder and received JST certification. Management were able to provided knowledge due to them being former manufacturing team members. My coworkers are not reluctant to help each other when problems arise. The hardest part of the job is assembling some of the larger, more difficult boards. The most enjoyable part of the job is finishing a board, and knowing you got it right.
Company needs a management overhaul
Project Administrator/HR Representative (Current Employee), Chamblee, GADecember 5, 2014
Days are always very busy and hectic but I have been able to learn a lot of skills that will help to advance my career in my profession.
fun work enviroment
Field Technician (Current Employee), Miami Lakes, FLJuly 30, 2014
a typical day at work is very stressful, yet a fun working environment. working at FTS you must be a team player. The hardest part of this job is to work under a great deal of stress while dealing with customer service.
Setting appointments/dispatching
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Richland Hills, TXJune 6, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Making sure our Technicians met set time frames to arrive on site, activate equipment, assist customer as well as technician
I loved working for my Manager
Project Administrator (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJune 2, 2014
FTS USA was a decent paying job, it wasn't the money that I enjoyed, but the people I did enjoy. I was under paid. I loved the hours, so overall it worked for me.
customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hendersonville, TNMay 9, 2014
Pros: the learning experience
Cons: project manager retiring
A typical day at FTS, answering all in bound calls from Techs, customers, and company that contracted Fts, or learning new jobs. I have learned that you should always use kindness to those who called in, to not make the company that contracted look bad. Always make the call a pleasant one.
The project manager was the best. She always let you know you are doing a good job, and I enjoyed working with the people there, they were always willing to assist you when you had question and things were always changing. The hardest part of the job was when people did not come in and the call volume was crazy. The most enjoyable was working with the other dispatchers and the people who called in and always doing my best and when shift ended feeling good about what you has accomplished that day.
Late Hours, for not inuff pay
Cable Installer (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 2, 2014
Pros: working on youe own
Cons: late hours, low pay
Long hours for little to no pay work seven day a week and start time was at six in the morning even when getting out of work at midnight the night befor
Project Supervisor (Current Employee), Hendersonville, TNFebruary 20, 2014
Piece work
Fast Paced
New Management very Knowledgeable
Co-Workers are like family
JUST COMCAST CABLE
DISPATCHER (Former Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 6, 2014
THEY ELIMATED DISPATCH IN MEMPHIS ....LEAVING US OUT OF WORK...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Challenging,Steady,always changing
Broadband Specialist (Current Employee), Richland Hills, TXJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: truck, gas card, and benefits
Cons: short breaks
Broadband industry is always changing,Diversified co-workers.
job
Cable installer (Former Employee), Blue Bell, PADecember 10, 2013
it was not hundred %but i love my job. how to be come better person i ad a good manager the company it self it's a good company to work for.my co- workers was helpful
Great Pay and Great fellow employees
Dispatcher / Administrative (Former Employee), Georgetown, DEDecember 5, 2013
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: corporate dispatch
Working at this company was great. I enjoyed all the co workers, the pay and the responsibilities give to me. The hours were excellent and only took me 10 minutes to get to work. The hardest part was having the corporate dispatch department undermine my work. They tried to dispatch from Tennessee, which didn't work out so well. The company went under in 2013.
Good for a tempary work and for long term
Cable tech (Current Employee), GAOctober 25, 2013
Pros: you get paid
Cons: mangment suck, pay is low, long hours and no hope for a future
you'll work for 6:30 to 9pm, and get paid by the job. Summer you'll work 80 hours winter 20 to 30 hours. The pay scale is low and long hours. If you have family it well be hard on them. There only a special bread that can do this job for long term, most tech want to leave two months in to it.
Corporate, very coprorate
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCOctober 23, 2013
FTS USA bought out the company I worked for in 2012. They brought myself and a few other employees over to FTS. Most of the office staff was laid off. Our 1st year was good, Our project manager was hands on and a go getter. We seemed to be doing well. Mid 2013 our project manager received a promotion to go work in a bigger market. We were happy for her, and looked forward to making strides to keep the business running. We assumed from what we had been told that our new project manager would be in house. Instead they brought in someone who was unfamiliar with the market we worked in, who had come from a failed market where the office had been shut down. In less than 2 months our office followed suit. Unfortunately this is not really a review but my experience with this company was brief.
It's ok
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Hermitage, TNOctober 9, 2013
Cons: short breaks, long hours, cut hours
This job is good if your trying to get on your feet but while you are there look for a better opportuinity
Very professional, in a stable work environment and people friendly.
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PASeptember 20, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: various projects
A typical day is i would come into work at 8:am long into my database and start keepin track of the technicians routes using Excel and the companies navigational system.

I've learned to multi-task while navigating through the computer system as well as setup install fo cable and internet.

My Co workers are definitely are fun and hard working.

The hardest part is just tryna stay wrap the calls up at a certain time frame.

The most enjoyable part is just knowing i can service customers by being there for them to answer all their questions,comments or concerns.
Not a bad entry level company to work for.
Broadband Lead Technician & Trainer (Former Employee), Leesburg, FL Orlando, Fl Miami, FlAugust 26, 2013
Pros: company vehicle, cell phone, gas card, benefits are decent
Cons: pay, 6 days week, sometimes 14-21 days a week
The company thinks big but acts small. Poor communication across the board. The job it self wasn't too bad but would have been nice of I truly knew what I was going to involve myself into. Pay is chinese math and doesn't respresent your actual hours work.
lack of training
Field Technician (Former Employee), South Windsor, CTJuly 16, 2013
a regular work place with no advancement to move forward within the company