FTS Employee Reviews

Duties
Marketing Manager and Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Direct business to business (B2B) sales of software solutions to medium small to large-sized companies across all industries. The portfolio includes software solutions for Learning Management and Risk Management Solutions. Responsible for new business development, account management, forecasting, strategic business planning, training, contract negotiations, and task management. Solely responsible for new business development: hunter and closer.
Excellent place to work
Sr. SAP SECURITY CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Austin TxJanuary 31, 2015
Baker Hughes is a company where we can enjoy the work its an hygienic work culture with pleasant environment. Its a place to learn new technologies.its an easy adoptable company
Pros
Free luch
Cons
Healthcare
they went bankrupt
Tower Hand (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 28, 2015
was pretty good company till they went bankrupt. did alot of traveling though but money was really good and off on weekends
It is a fast pased environment
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2015
The days can be long but overall it is an ok company. The benefits are good and everyone is very respectful.
fun
dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNNovember 12, 2014
FTS was a good place to work. They offer benefits and you work 4 10 hr days and have 3 days off. The pay was not that bad.
Pros
benefits, 4 10 hr days and off 3 days
Cons
company shut down and not enough communication to employees
good workers
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 13, 2014
fun and productive i enjoyed working there company moved hardest part was long hours but worth it
Project Administrator
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 4, 2014
Need to prepare reports everyday to the manager and invoice to comcast.
Easy job
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNMay 5, 2014
The job itself was easy and i got along great with my co- workers.
hard job to keep with few perks
Mechanic II (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXApril 1, 2014
work, don't talk or you will be fired.
learned a significant amount from co workers
management was dysfunctional and non cooperative
Great coworkers with the exception of a few as usual
hardest part of the job was simply being away from family so much
best part of the job was of course clocking out for the day
Pros
free training, good benefits
Cons
fired for anything, not enough time off.
train to be,and work as a cable tech for comcast
Tech Hand (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSFebruary 17, 2014
working for fts can be enjoyable and a place to advance your skills in telephone cable and internet installation. Nearly all tools and equiptment is supplied through a payement program. management is usually pretty good at providing advice on problematic jobs and even take the time to come help personally on both reidential and commercial jobs, even after full on the job training
Pros
chance to work in diff branches around the country for short periods of time
Cons
can involve long work days, and unexpected delays in work. sometimes have to deal with upleasant customers

Want to know more about FTS?

Ask a question
Productive Workplace
Cable Technician Supervisor for Comcast (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 15, 2013
Daily knowledge working with electronic devices, circuits, semiconductor devices, transistors, and power supplies.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Daily Changes in Work Schedule
Dispatcher-fast paced, detail oriented, and multi task.
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNDecember 1, 2013
I have learned so much working for FTS. We have a family type setting, so its much more relaxed than most places. Management is excellent and understanding. The hardest part of the job is keeping it pleasant for the technicians. Their jobs are very stressful and very demanding. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new facets of the job and applying them.
Productive workplace with good values
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNOctober 4, 2013
I work 10+ hour days. Being in the cable business, I learned about cable and the various areas of cable. The installs, billing, tools, etc... In each job I attain, I like to learn each and every aspect I can. If any area needs help, I like to be able to pitch in when I can. I learned the various Microsoft office applications. Excel being the major one. Multitasking is a major part of my job. Several reports are going at one time, while I'm on the phone, while I'm helping a technician close a job. I'd prefer not to comment on Management.. I get along well with all of my coworkers. We all help each other grow and succeed. The hardest part of my job would have to be the long days. I'd prefer a job working 5 days a week, 6 if necessary, 8 hours a day. The most enjoyable part would have to be my coworkers. We all get along and some of us hang out outside of the workplace.
horrible
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARSeptember 3, 2013
if you like working for peanuts, this is definitely the company. however, you will gain valuable experience that will take you no where.
cable installer
Cable Installer (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 19, 2013
If you like the long hours and the piece rate pay, this is for you, but if you do not and like to work every weekend (no weekends off) find another job.
Pros
different place every day not the same location
Cons
long long hours
fast paste energetic and technical.
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  1170 tidwell rd alpharetta gaAugust 5, 2013
install phone ,cable, and internet service for customers. I learn that you have to complete the task at hand until the customer is satisfy. i was also in management so i understand what management is doing to run a sucessful business. my co-workers are always there to help me when i need assistance.The hardest part of the job is driving a half hour to an hour between locations in heavy traffic. The most enjoyable part of the job is when i accomplish the task at hand and the customer is happy.
Pros
free gas, company vehicle
Cons
healthcare, charge backs
Good management
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 23, 2013
I always had a different task everyday. I learned alot about cable installation,phone installs,internet and networking
Pros
PLENTY OF WORK
Cons
7 DAY A WEEK JOB
hotels
EO 1 (Former Employee) –  Eighty Four, PAJuly 8, 2013
working at FTS I learned how to rig up and down. but the worse part was rigging down at the end of the day. they feed us a nice meal.
Pros
2 meals
Cons
good heathcare
Decent Pay to Sit All Day
Dispatch (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 5, 2013
Honestly the only thing I can say I really don't like is the office politics, which the old supervisors participated in. The pay was enough to live off, barely. If you have any children or debt you would need a second income. However there are plenty incentives if you are motivated to attain them. 4 Day work weeks, gives you three days off which is nice. Not a hard job, one of my coworkers is fresh from high school, wide age range although a lot of people act childish. They lay people off alot. The entire crew I came in with are gone but me and someone else, I have been here a year and a half. Most people are here for a while though, it's wierd, depends on how busy the season is.
Pros
3 Days off, Incentives to make money, They bring in food a lot, and have parties. Loud ghetto co workers
Cons
Monotous, long days, boring and unstable work.
Faced paced work place
Customer Account Executive / Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 25, 2013
Assisted customers with all aspects of their cable, digital cable and broadband internet services
Recommend solutions to customer technical issues
Responsible for dispatching technicians to customers locations for troubleshooting as well as put equipment into the system using Cable Data & Pro Tools
Provided exceptional customer service to all customers & ensured a one call resolution
Pros
the overtime pay.
Cons
late nights and long days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FTS. Our community is ready to answer.