FTS Employee Reviews

They truly care about you.
Cable Technician/Installer (Current Employee) –  N Little Rock, ARJuly 31, 2017
Management is awesome. They truly care about you. They really work with you. If I could stay at this position I would but right now I need to find another job that is not so physical.
Pros
They really work with you.
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement.
Long days and no life
Comcast Contractor (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 19, 2017
Days are long and no free time for family,friends and life in general. Management is great. Everyday is a new challenge. The most enjoyable part of the day is when it is time to go home.
Loss Prevention Documented technic
Director (Former Employee) –  hERNDON, vaMarch 4, 2017
business communication skills
Defined requirements and documented implementation of IAAS, Large Scale Network, Network Security, Data Encryption, and Data Loss Prevention
Documented technical upgrade requirements with architects and developers, wrote RFPs
Supervised technical and project meetings, translated to work planning and project schedules
Managed potential incidents, network scanning to detect vulnerabilities, developed configuration baselines for security settings, and identifying new tools and technologies to be implemented
Good
baD
Great place to start and learn to fly
Undergraduate Pilot Training (Former Employee) –  Vance AFB, OKFebruary 28, 2017
I was fortunate to have great instructors and be taught many things.

Great learning environment for flight training.

Made many lifelong friends during my time there.
Pros
Great flight environment
Cons
Early week/late week got old.
Bad Company.
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJanuary 18, 2017
The job is long hours peace work and no weekends off. Mangers don't care about employees.Mangers down talk techs and are always threatening to fire you if you complain.please stay away bad company,they had been sued too many times for not paying they techs.
Pros
Cell Phone, take truck home, gas card
Cons
no lunch breaks, they don't pay you for driving.
Great company to work for
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNMarch 20, 2015
I worked here till they shut their doors. Good work/life balance. Good management. Id go back if they came back to the market
Duties
Marketing Manager and Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Direct business to business (B2B) sales of software solutions to medium small to large-sized companies across all industries. The portfolio includes software solutions for Learning Management and Risk Management Solutions. Responsible for new business development, account management, forecasting, strategic business planning, training, contract negotiations, and task management. Solely responsible for new business development: hunter and closer.
Excellent place to work
Sr. SAP SECURITY CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Austin TxJanuary 31, 2015
Baker Hughes is a company where we can enjoy the work its an hygienic work culture with pleasant environment. Its a place to learn new technologies.its an easy adoptable company
Pros
Free luch
Cons
Healthcare
they went bankrupt
Tower Hand (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 28, 2015
was pretty good company till they went bankrupt. did alot of traveling though but money was really good and off on weekends
It is a fast pased environment
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2015
The days can be long but overall it is an ok company. The benefits are good and everyone is very respectful.
fun
dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNNovember 12, 2014
FTS was a good place to work. They offer benefits and you work 4 10 hr days and have 3 days off. The pay was not that bad.
Pros
benefits, 4 10 hr days and off 3 days
Cons
company shut down and not enough communication to employees
good workers
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 13, 2014
fun and productive i enjoyed working there company moved hardest part was long hours but worth it
Project Administrator
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 4, 2014
Need to prepare reports everyday to the manager and invoice to comcast.
Easy job
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNMay 5, 2014
The job itself was easy and i got along great with my co- workers.
hard job to keep with few perks
Mechanic II (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXApril 1, 2014
work, don't talk or you will be fired.
learned a significant amount from co workers
management was dysfunctional and non cooperative
Great coworkers with the exception of a few as usual
hardest part of the job was simply being away from family so much
best part of the job was of course clocking out for the day
Pros
free training, good benefits
Cons
fired for anything, not enough time off.
train to be,and work as a cable tech for comcast
Tech Hand (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSFebruary 17, 2014
working for fts can be enjoyable and a place to advance your skills in telephone cable and internet installation. Nearly all tools and equiptment is supplied through a payement program. management is usually pretty good at providing advice on problematic jobs and even take the time to come help personally on both reidential and commercial jobs, even after full on the job training
Pros
chance to work in diff branches around the country for short periods of time
Cons
can involve long work days, and unexpected delays in work. sometimes have to deal with upleasant customers
Productive Workplace
Cable Technician Supervisor for Comcast (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 15, 2013
Daily knowledge working with electronic devices, circuits, semiconductor devices, transistors, and power supplies.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Daily Changes in Work Schedule
Dispatcher-fast paced, detail oriented, and multi task.
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNDecember 1, 2013
I have learned so much working for FTS. We have a family type setting, so its much more relaxed than most places. Management is excellent and understanding. The hardest part of the job is keeping it pleasant for the technicians. Their jobs are very stressful and very demanding. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new facets of the job and applying them.
Productive workplace with good values
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNOctober 4, 2013
I work 10+ hour days. Being in the cable business, I learned about cable and the various areas of cable. The installs, billing, tools, etc... In each job I attain, I like to learn each and every aspect I can. If any area needs help, I like to be able to pitch in when I can. I learned the various Microsoft office applications. Excel being the major one. Multitasking is a major part of my job. Several reports are going at one time, while I'm on the phone, while I'm helping a technician close a job. I'd prefer not to comment on Management.. I get along well with all of my coworkers. We all help each other grow and succeed. The hardest part of my job would have to be the long days. I'd prefer a job working 5 days a week, 6 if necessary, 8 hours a day. The most enjoyable part would have to be my coworkers. We all get along and some of us hang out outside of the workplace.
horrible
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARSeptember 3, 2013
if you like working for peanuts, this is definitely the company. however, you will gain valuable experience that will take you no where.