FuelCell Energy Employee Reviews

Look elsewhere.
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Torrington, CTSeptember 28, 2017
Company is run on egos and personalities. Don't ask, don't tell. Engineers are know it alls, operators don't know anything, even with many years of experience. They love to take the wind out of your sails. Management needs to stop surfing the internet and start doing their jobs.
Pros
Job is close to home
Cons
Poorly managed
Good Place to learn
Chemical engineer (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTJune 15, 2017
R&D environment. A bit disorganized in the technology department, but a good opportunity to learn many things. Hard to move up in technology department.
Fun place to work.
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJune 15, 2017
Fuel Cell Energy is a fun place to work but if you value job security I wouldn't work there. They have a problem making profits and rely on subsidies from the government to keep the operation running. If you like working with advanced technology then this place is for you, if you value job security, steer clear.
Pros
Work-life balance is great.
Cons
Job security is not so great.
Good co-worker relationships
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 29, 2017
Departments rely heavy on team work to achieve a resolution or to complete daily tasks. Hardest part is being able to be flexible and expand your skill set outside your job title to achieve optimum outcome. There is not... if any upward advancement. Training opportunities are slowly improving. Co-workers are encouraging and have good energy.
Pros
Freedom to learn anything if you put the effort in.
Cons
Poor advancement
I am very produtive , organized and fast workers
Senior Configuration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 22, 2017
FCE is a nice company but my opinion is a overall reviews everywhere I worked the Company and the people likes because I am very friendly easy going for FCE is a very friendly family company I learned many things for 10 years there overall FCE is a nice Company to work.
Pros
friendly boss
Cons
no free coffee
Productive and fast paced work environment
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTApril 22, 2017
Its fast paced and You're constantly building product and each shift has to reach a certain number everyday. Management was pretty good about the number goals too and they would work with you if you needed time off or anything as well. There i learned a lot on how to work in a assembly area and how to make parts and use the machines for production. The most enjoyable part was the people i worked with.
Pros
A lot of overtime
Cons
Lunch break was only 25 minutes long
loving job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTApril 20, 2017
very good job every one was like family, pay was good good environment and pay. we always work with another employee never worked alone and i love it.
Good, hard working people
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 29, 2017
This company is full of genuinely nice, good working people. Provides for a great working experience, but overall company is very understaffed. Office culture is a bit stale; needs some more younger faces.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Understaffed
Great peopke to work with and for
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 6, 2017
A laid back yet productive atmosphere, with really knowledgeable staff. A tremendous opportunity to learn a ton of different skills all involved in making a fuel cell power plant run
Pros
good people
Cons
bad officers
Good manufacturing group.
Shift Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTJanuary 11, 2017
Not a bad place to work.People work well together and are very friendly. Strong R&D,weak sales and a good Production group.Poor planing on upper managements part.
Not too bad environment
Level 2 operator (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTJanuary 3, 2017
Not a bad job to work at all. Environment was pretty welcoming. I would still be working there if there wasn't a mass lay off. I enjoyed being a wielder and the people I worked with. We were more of a family than co workers.
Pros
great pay
Cons
unexpected lay off
coworkers are easy to work with
Supervisor of Parts and Logistics (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTDecember 28, 2016
coworkers are easy to work with, family friendly. Very interesting product and concept.International experience and relationships were very rewarding.
Fuelcell
Integration Technician (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTDecember 27, 2016
I insulated the equipment and assembled the product. Trensported it to its testing location. After test we preped the fuelcell for shipping. After shipping we installed it at the customers site.
Good place to start a career.
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTDecember 7, 2016
I learned a lot from FCE and would not change a thing. Unfortunately the job itself is not as reliable as most jobs. The atmosphere for the working environment was great.
Pros
Lots to learn
Cons
not Reliable
great company to work for
PROCESS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Torrington, CTDecember 1, 2016
I gained a lot of valuable knowledge here. I started from the bottom and was able to move up quickly and within 5 years I was managing my own shift of 12 people
Pros
benefits, severance
Cons
layed off
Productive and safe.
Fuel Cell worker (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTSeptember 22, 2016
Clean, organize, not flexible with people's needs, same daily routine, but management was good and always hit company goals!
Hope the add more ways to keep people motivated at work, sometimes same routine gets boring, and stressful!
Challanging work environment
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutSeptember 14, 2016
A typical day at work ranged anywhere from me driving to the multiple job sites that I was in charge of maintaining for routine checks, to performing more labor intensive scheduled or non-scheduled maintenance based on what was deemed a priority issue by management. I learned quite a bit in the way of electrical, gas regulator, and mechanical troubleshooting. The management group was satisfactory, communication was lacking a bit. As with all jobs, some co-workers were better than others. All in all, we all composed a very well rounded team. The hardest part of the job was also, my favorite part. We had a rotating on-call schedule that would see us called out at all hours of the night. I liked it, because it was a challenge and it forced me to dig deeper into troubleshooting when simple fixes did not work.
Pros
Outdoor working.
Cons
Very long, unpredictable hours.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Torrington, CTAugust 16, 2016
I just need extra money because I am having a lot of financial difficulties. I am hoping that I can secure a second job to help with this problem!!!!!
Fun, yet productive work environment.
SOFC Materials Engineering Aide (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTFebruary 21, 2016
Great people to work for and with. Everyone I've worked with is willing to teach their skills to anyone. It's a great place to work if you're interested to learn. It keeps your mind busy throughout the day. It is a very rewarding place to work. The only downside is advancement takes a very long time. The supervisors and managers here are incredible. All of them are quite intelligent and readily able and willing to thoroughly explain something in detail if you don't understand it. I've learned incredible amounts of information in such a short period of time from everyone, supervisors and other technicians alike.
Pros
Great environment, easy-going people, a great learning experience, a good sense of accomplishment
Cons
Health plan is expensive, takes a while to advance/receive promotions
Not a good company to grow in
Level II Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTFebruary 16, 2016
they are doing good for the world but could care less about the people who show up to work every day. every day is the same monotonous job. there is no growth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FuelCell Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

FuelCell Energy Reviews by Location