FuelCell Energy Employee Reviews

Fuelcell
Integration Technician (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTDecember 27, 2016
I insulated the equipment and assembled the product. Trensported it to its testing location. After test we preped the fuelcell for shipping. After shipping we installed it at the customers site.
coworkers are easy to work with
Supervisor of Parts and Logistics (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTDecember 28, 2016
coworkers are easy to work with, family friendly. Very interesting product and concept.International experience and relationships were very rewarding.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Torrington, CTAugust 16, 2016
I just need extra money because I am having a lot of financial difficulties. I am hoping that I can secure a second job to help with this problem!!!!!
Great place to work for
Senior Accounts Payable Analyst APS (Current Employee) –  Torrington, CTJune 4, 2014
Fuelcell Energy Inc. is a great place to work. The management cares about their employees and everyone works together to get the job done.
Pros
Always are trying to do something for their employees
Cons
all office staff is not salary
Not your typical manufacturing
Lead Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTAugust 27, 2012
I spent almost 11 years at FuelCell, and really worked very hard for them. I began as what they call a 'Process Operator' finished my time there as a Lead Process Technician, working on second shift in the Catalyst Extrusion Department. We had three extrusion machines, and in the four years leading up to that I had worked closely with the engineers to pioneer the process that lead to having those three machines (running on three shifts). Additionally, I operated hydraulic presses, hydraulic shears, drove a forklift.
All the performance reviews I got rated me as Outstanding. The work was VERY interesting, and challenging. I loved my job.
Pros
intense, cutting edge work which hopefully will lead to a clean energy producing system
Cons
they terminated my employment abruptly (along with many other senior technicians) to save money
Productive and fun place to work. Good project mgmt team.
PROJECT MANAGER, Engrg/Procuremt/Constructn (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTFebruary 20, 2015
Productive and fun place to work. Good project mgmt team.
Learned the importance of timely & good communication with all business partners/clients.
Close family environment.
Most enjoyable to see a project from conception, thru design to installation and turnover to the customer.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJanuary 18, 2015
I worked here for 5 years and enjoyed the work and atmosphere. However they pay very low and have almost no growth opportunity.
Pros
Good employees, decent work, good work environment.
Cons
No growth, terrible HR, low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FuelCell Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3