Fuhu, Inc.

Fuhu, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great learning experience...
Freelance Production Artist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 21, 2015
A great place to work in. I was part of the production side of the booklets and the whole experience was amazing. The materials that they are providing for the kids and their experience with the tablets is one of a kind in the industry.
Poorly managed, chaotic workplace with insane expectations
Digital Media Coordinator (Current Employee), El Segundo, CAApril 30, 2015
Pros: Plenty of free snacks
Cons: They demand you work 10+ hour days but don't compensate for it. Breaks are closely monitored.
This company is an absolute disaster, if you don't believe me check Glassdoor. Staff is seperated, expectations are insane but the project management is so poor work can run out at any minute. Nobody agrees on product/content aprovals so steps in various projects get sidelined for days/weeks. They fire huge numbers of staff out of nowhere and for no discernible reason. If you see a good review of this company it was produced internally to counteract their poor reviews. Just avoid if at all possible.
don't waste your time
analyst (Former Employee), el SegundoDecember 15, 2014
Unless you're out of options, don't bother investing yourself in this company. Only a select few on thie inside are going anywhere and you won't be a part of that circle. I was hired to fulfill a role only to find I had to get my managers approval for every move and decision.
Too much to cover here. Just find something else. Read the other reviews and understand there is smoke for a reason. Those 5star reviews with all the glowing remarks are canned, compliments of HR.

If you do choose to roll the dice, good luck. And I look forward to reading a similar review from you down the road.
This has got to be the worst company you can ever work for in America
slave (Former Employee), el segundoSeptember 14, 2014
Cons: everything you can think of
Take a look at their positive reviews, all sound similar? That's because they're written by the same people. In fact, there was a period of time when managers forced everyone to write good company reviews online to compensate for all the lawsuits and bad employment PRs they were getting. I was just like you one time, looking at Fuhu's job openings here on Indeed and little did I know what I was about to get myself into.

Working at Fuhu was absolutely the worst work experience of not just mine, but also almost every employee's life. I have worked for bad companies in the past, but I'm absolutely shocked that such racist, sexist, and ageist company even exists. If you are a non-Asian minority or over the age of 35, don't bother applying because your resume won't even be looked at. If you are female, expect to succumb to male managers ordering you around, randomly telling you to bring them water, office supplies. or coffee; also be ready to be harshly verbally degraded. All the girls who worked here have been made to cry at least once. My colleague once got a talk from management that she should know her role as a considerate Asian woman. She was shocked and quit soon after.

As far as working at Fuhu, be prepared to work at least 13 hours a day. A colleague and I were caught leaving at 8PM one time and got a bad scolding from management that almost resulted in our termination. One thing they said to us that made us shiver with anger was "how dare you want family time when i have not told you you can leave"

Also, none of us learned anything valuable from our managers because – more... they are entry to mid level employees who have no idea what they are doing; they've gained their positions solely by being around at Fuhu long enough, which sure is an accomplishment in itself since most people only last a few months.

I can keep going on and on about horror stories working at Fuhu, but I'll just leave one advice to all you job seekers: in this case, it is actually better to stay at your current job or stay unemployed and keep looking for other jobs than coming to work at Fuhu. Trust us former employees, you do not, in your life ever, ever want to undergo the same abuse and mistreatment that we all had to go through. – less
Field Merchandiser
Field Merchandiser (Current Employee), Inland EmpireAugust 18, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, great hours, low stress, fun products, not stationary all day, not micro-managed
Cons: no pto, however they made that very clear to me during the interview process so there were no surprises.
I have worked for this company for a little more than a year and so far it has been the best work experience I have had. I work as a Field Merchandiser which requires you to be self motivated and highly accountable. Since day one management has been available to me at a moments notice whenever I had any questions or concerns. The pay is very competitive, the hours are flexible and to be honest your everyday tasks are relatively easy. You are required to do a lot of driving but you are well compensated for it. You clock both in and out for the day at your home, which means that all of your driving goes towards your 8 hour day. You are provided with a work cell phone so you can keep in touch with your peers and management. They do use the cell phone to track your whereabouts via GPS but this is used to ensure that both the employee and company are protected. I personally like this feature because it allows me to validate that I am out in my territory and doing my job. Overall, I have worked in many other types if jobs and I must say that working for FuHu has provided me with the best quality of life and this is the first job that I have felt appreciated as an employee, not just another number.
Exciting and Fun, Fuhu is Where It's At!
Retail Field Merchandiser (Current Employee), CaliforniaAugust 14, 2014
Pros: flexible, good pay, exciting company
Cons: no pto
I've been with Fuhu for over a year and it's a great place to work. I work in the field and the flexibility and freedom is greatly appreciated. The pay is above average, you get to talk to and meet new people everyday, and the job is always changing - making each new day exciting and new!

You have to be reliable - you work on your own (although it's a great group of individuals and we all contact and know each other). That's the hardest part of the job, you only have yourself to fall back on to get things done. It's a welcome challenge, and I take great pride in the friendships I've built with my stores.

Management does a good job of setting expectations.

I would like to see a PTO and a pay raise policy put into place, but like any new company part of the excitement is strapping in and being there for the ride.
Do NOT work here!
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), El SegundoMarch 25, 2014
Everyone who works here regrets ever coming. Seriously, every single employee here is so miserable and looking to find other jobs. The turn over rate is EXTREMELY HIGH; a lot of people stay only for a few days and leave when they find out what a horrible work environment this is.
Work here only if you want to work with incompetent managers who cusses and screams at you for things you didn't do wrong. The founder is awful and constantly disparages every single one of his employees. You can expected to work long hours (9AM - 9PM) no matter what department you are just because founder expects everyone to show their loyalty by staying late. There are no processes or procedures to how things are done, everything is a giant mess!

The recruiter seems to be there to hire people, then scrutinize their every move and fire them to assert her own power. RUN AWAY AS FAR AS POSSIBLE IF CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW!
Good company with great values
Web UI/ UX Designer (Former Employee), EL SEGUNDO, CA, 90245June 24, 2013
Great place to work as a self starter and a good place to learn alot of experience.

About Fuhu, Inc.

Fuhu, Inc., creators of the nabi Tablet, Fooz Kids and urDrive, is a leading provider of cloud-served software, applications, – Read more