FujiFilm Diosynth Biotechnologies

Good Company
Associate Scientist (Current Employee), NCFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: i dont see any
Cons: i dont see any
Good place to learn more. Very polite and friendly teammates.
Productive and Rewarding Place to work
MICROBIOLOGIST/SR. QC ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: great 401k, lots of free meals provided by the company
Cons: advancement in the company can be challenging
Work-Life balance is stressed at this company. Benefits are amazing . The thing I enjoy most about my job here is that there is a level of job security at this company that I have never felt anywhere else that I have ever worked.
Nice fast paced environment
Associate Scientist, Analytical Development (Current Employee), rtpJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: people are nice
Cons: mobility
Typical day is full of diverse tasks and assays (contract manufacturing). Great place to learn a lot about the large molecule industry and apply your knowledge.
Making money at the cost of morale
Senior Process Engineer (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJune 9, 2013
Pros: decent benefits including vacation time and 401k
Cons: too much work and not enough people, realize too late that more resources are needed
The company is profitable and trying to show it's importance to the parent company, but overall the upper management seems focused only on the bottom line and not the impact to its employees.
I enjoy what I do as a senior process engineer, but I've become stagnant with no opportunities for advancement. I enjoy the people I work with for the most part, – more... it's the upper management that I feel needs a reality check. – less
Nice place to work
Lead QC Associate II, Microbiology (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCMarch 5, 2013
Nice place to work. Benefits are fine too. Meet lots of people in different groups.
Active learning enviornment.
Facilities Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCSeptember 18, 2012
Fujifilm Diosynth was the stepping stone I needed for the knowledge of bio manufacturing. I created equipment procedures and drawings that will be used to minimize equipment downtime during product change overs. It was an active learning environment that has strength my desire to become a chemical engineer and design process used in bio manufacturing – more... operations. – less
Typical CMO
Technical Project Leader (Current Employee), BillinghamJune 18, 2014
Fujifilm Diosynth is a CMO for biologics trying to grow from its microbial roots into the mammalian sector. The TPL is responsible for the technical delivery of process development, tech transfer into the manufacturing assets and the provision of tech support during manufactures.
Depending on the phase of the process, the TPL manages from several junior – more... scientists within the R&D function, usually during development phases to a large number of stake holders at peer level (or above), usually in the tech transfer and manufacturing phases.
The TPL is the key customer contact for all technical issues.
It is very much an interface role with a strong scientific and technical background. – less
Undergoing changes
Production Technologist (Current Employee), BillinghamFebruary 17, 2014
Awkward hours of work. People are friendly.
Rather low expectations towards employees.
Friendly and Flexible workplace
Temporary Receptionist (Former Employee), BillinghamOctober 10, 2012
Pros: friendly, onsite canteen, well managed
Cons: out of the way
I only worked there temporarily but during that time I felt very welcome in the company, everybody from the cleaners to the MD introduced themselves and were there to help with any queries that I had.

After only 3 weeks working there I was already extremely sad to be leaving.