Fujitsu Employee Review

Rewarding and fullfilling.
Section/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXOctober 31, 2013
I went to work for Cendera as a project consultant as needed and when Hurrican Katrina struck New Orleans and Mississippi I quickly had my hands full. Cendera contracted the FEMA call center in Dallas and was responsible for all hiring and training of its call center advisors. Being a ramp up company was their trademark but working with Department of Homeland Security and adjusting to the particulars of government agencies was overwhelming at first. I initially went there to train level 1 phone agents in handling FEMA assistance cases then turning them to FEMA represenatives for level 2. At the beginning we had almost 40 people. In three weeks, I assumed the role of Human Resources manager therefore responsible for hiring and logistics for over 1200. After Hurricane Rita, I was able to utilize what I had learned initially and the process went much smoother. I was able to teach more classes and deal with day to day issues that occur when hiring that many employees in such a short time. It taught me how to be quick on my feet and always keep a positive attitude. The devestation was worse than most of the public knew so my work hours, 4 a.m. to sometimes 11 or 12 at night was the only way I felt like I could help those in need. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to hire New Orleans victims who had lost everything and I still hear from some of them to this day. I was fortunate enough to help them secure new jobs once the FEMA project was over. After FEMA I began my role as Section Manager and opened up engineering offices throughout the country and eventually became  more... the top contractor consulting firm for all of Verizon Telecommunications.  less
Pros
Ability to work in a fast paced environment while actually helping people.
Cons
Coorperate restructure. 100% travel. Too much away from home time

Other Fujitsu Employee Reviews

Great team players and good working environment
Contract Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 16, 2017
Manager is knowledgeable and easy to work with. People eager to develop new ways to increase productivity. Co-workers work together as a team. Great work environment overall. I gained a vast knowledge of large retail companies.
Pros
vacation and ability to work remote at least once a week
Cons
Salary and career advancement was lacking
contractor
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 15, 2017
I was a contractor at the time. Did not got any benefits. Fujitsu's brand promise - shaping tomorrow with you - is about shaping the future of society and business. It describes our way of doing business, building on our long-term relationships with our customers and society. We work with our stakeholders, using our experience and the power of ICT to contribute to their success and to the future of society.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fujitsu. Our community is ready to answer.