Fujitsu Employee Reviews in United States

Good benefits, contract I support provides job security
Tier 1, 2 Technical & End User Support, Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 6, 2016
Once you get hired by Fujitsu (contracted with them for 2 years before hiring on) they have solid benefits. Fiscal compensation for the job details our agents support are limited compared to many other companies providing the same level of support (or far less I should say). I'd say management is constantly shuffling around outside of the contract we support. The group I work within has been solid. General call center environment, nothing significantly special to point out.
Pros
Hired associates Holiday pay, vacation builds quickly
Cons
Fast paced environment, down time is limited, Manf. Line for tier 1 and 2 support calls.
Productive workplace but not perfect
Inventory Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 17, 2016
I learned a lot about Inventory Control and organization and using Oracle.

The hardest part of the job would be locating missing items. Its a somewhat new building so everything is still a bit out of place. They are also just finding out what system works with picking parts for retail stores.

The most enjoyable part about the job is getting to know the workers. Its a small place so you can pretty much learn everyone's name.
Pros
Consistent work hours and flexible
Cons
Turnover on temps and inconsistent rules
No real focus on North America
Director (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 30, 2016
Quite a few people stay at the company for awhile. That is a good thing but I am not sure what really keeps the people from leaving. The culture is not built on keeping people because there is no longer term focus. The focus seems to be keeping the lights on. The following are the items which falls behind most of their competitors: pay, culture, growth, and focus on employees. It seems like Japan subsidizes the service work for NA. The main customers are Japanese companies. Those customers seem to be slowly going away and it is challenging to replace that revenue.
Pros
Tenured employees, life balance, good partnerships
Cons
culture, growth, lack of innovation, and compensation
Enjoyable and productive workplace
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  MelbourneMarch 20, 2016
Fujitsu's MSP business arm, is a national IT managed services platform which provides an enjoyable and productive workplace for it's employees to operate within. Fujitsu staff are of a high calibre and this encourages a high performance environment which translates into a strong level of customer service being provided to its many clients.
Pros
Dynamic enviroment
Cons
n/a
Too many cooks in the kitchen
SR. PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2016
The company extremely top heavy. Our clients suffer because there are no processes in place and not enough resources. We sell services that we can't support The technology is lacking and way behind times.
Pros
Ability to work remote
Cons
no worklife balance, management doesn't care for their folks
No life
CSE Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXFebruary 29, 2016
I worked field service for 19 years. typically started at 0730 and ended whenever. The best thing about it was travel. I did enjoy the knowledge gained of the areas I traveled in and the short cuts and traffic patterns through out California. One negative was that management was always changing. I kept in contact with other field agents but rarely worked with anyone else unless I was providing support or receiving training. The most difficult thing was the work hours which were never stable. I did enjoy the freedom of the road and visiting new places
Pros
Driving, Freedom
Cons
Not enough techs for the area and constant management changes
Good work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 24, 2016
The workers got along well and the management was fair to everyone.

My first management work..managing a small team in remote software upgrade project.

And Helped Customers in computer programming CRISIS situations
Pros
Good work environment and management
Cons
lay offs
Unprofessional environment
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 16, 2016
My opinion was that management was very bad, poorly managed and difficult without proper training. I learned allot about computer issues and tricks to fix them mostly from google. My co-workers for the most part were grand, there are always bullies at my desk which made my work flow difficult. The hardest part of my job was that poor management, and the most enjoyable part of my job was when my clients would congratulate me and thank me for my help. This is most rewarding.
Pros
The experience and skills that I acquired.
Cons
Bad healthcare/ Poor management
NetApp Factory Configuration Setup
NetApp Storage Consultan (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 4, 2016
No Leadership. Friendly Employees. No Project Management. Reactive maintenance and troubleshoot.

NetApp Factory Configuration Setup for Brownfield Configuration was reconfigured .
Pros
NetApp Brownfield Deployment in Durham North Carolina POC and Production Completed
Cons
No remote work
Very high tech and fun place to work when it was open.
Fab Tech III (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORJune 13, 2016
Nice brand new fab with lots of opportunity to move up. Great increases in pay yearly. I wish it Fujitsu was still open in Gresham, Oregon
Pros
Nice FAB, College classes on campus, benefits
Cons
NONE
Trouble earning profit
North American Enterprise Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 2, 2016
A good company that cannot find a way to a reasonable profit. No single person to blame, but they are in the wrong place all of the time. Very rough since 2008.
great company
Test Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORFebruary 2, 2016
I liked working for the company I liked too many things about it but it lacked the staff to do the job. I had great relationship with the Japanese management and good relationship with its USA management but stress was very high due to the demand vs the resources that we had to work with.
Lots of work for very little Pay
Projects Engineer (Former Employee) –  mobileJuly 6, 2016
as above since the national living wage was brought in the wages have gone down to cover the cost of paying over 25s working hours were terrible often exceeding 60 a week
Technical Consulant
AT&T Mobility Engineer - Fujitsu Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2016
A typical day involved working with my client, AT&T, and establishing Sponsored Data programs with partners.
This involved troubleshooting and co-managing on-boarding for the partners.
Pros
Good lunch
Cons
Contract position
Devisive work environment
Senior Messaging Migration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAMay 4, 2016
Ok for a contract, not recommended for long term. Good lower level management, cut throat middle level management and very distant upper level management.
good field work lots of different enviroments
Field Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 19, 2016
The work at Fujitsu is always changing and fun. lots of areas to learn and grow in. though schedules change so often you wont know when your working.
Hardworking
Assist and perform A/P functions (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 19, 2016
typical day includes scanning, faxing and coping of invoices. answering phone calls and picking up the mail. very typical work place.
Pros
lunch
Cons
short breaks
Review Summary
Manager/Tech Lead/Sr Operating Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Fujitsu is a larger company and like any other large company there advantages and disadvantages working for it. Salary is ok, opportunities are limited but has good work life balance.
Pros
Work Life balance
Cons
Carrer growth
Great work environment
Service Desk Expert & Service Process Controller (Current Employee) –  Richardson TexasFebruary 15, 2016
This is a great place to work and the people are truly friendly and the ability to advance is only hindered by your own work ethics. Learning and teaching are an everyday process here
Applications Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTJune 23, 2016
This was a contract position. There were a few kinks to iron out shortly after starting the job once done everything was rewarding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fujitsu. Our community is ready to answer.