Fujitsu Employee Reviews in United States

No real focus on North America
Director (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 30, 2016
Quite a few people stay at the company for awhile. That is a good thing but I am not sure what really keeps the people from leaving. The culture is not built on keeping people because there is no longer term focus. The focus seems to be keeping the lights on. The following are the items which falls behind most of their competitors: pay, culture, growth, and focus on employees. It seems like Japan subsidizes the service work for NA. The main customers are Japanese companies. Those customers seem to be slowly going away and it is challenging to replace that revenue.
Pros
Tenured employees, life balance, good partnerships
Cons
culture, growth, lack of innovation, and compensation
Poor Executive Management
ITIL Configuration Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 17, 2015
Fujitsu Americas Inc. does not value the contributions of the individual. Management is not driven by service Excellence but by the Bottom line which is not in line with the Effort required to deliver contracted service. The disconnect of Executive Management to the reality of Delivery of Services result in the poor delivery of IT services to their clients and the cost is paid by each employee in the form of overworking limited resources, poor financial management and across the board labor reductions to support financial goals vs Delivery of services.
Pros
Compensation and Bennifits
Cons
No work Life Balance, Overwork of Exempt professional, No value of employees, delays.failure of critical deliverables
Review Summary
Manager/Tech Lead/Sr Operating Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Fujitsu is a larger company and like any other large company there advantages and disadvantages working for it. Salary is ok, opportunities are limited but has good work life balance.
Pros
Work Life balance
Cons
Carrer growth
No life
CSE Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXFebruary 29, 2016
I worked field service for 19 years. typically started at 0730 and ended whenever. The best thing about it was travel. I did enjoy the knowledge gained of the areas I traveled in and the short cuts and traffic patterns through out California. One negative was that management was always changing. I kept in contact with other field agents but rarely worked with anyone else unless I was providing support or receiving training. The most difficult thing was the work hours which were never stable. I did enjoy the freedom of the road and visiting new places
Pros
Driving, Freedom
Cons
Not enough techs for the area and constant management changes
Good company to work for
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 4, 2016
Good environment and friendly atmosphere. The company has a work and life balance policy and competitive compensation benefits.
Unprofessional environment
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 16, 2016
My opinion was that management was very bad, poorly managed and difficult without proper training. I learned allot about computer issues and tricks to fix them mostly from google. My co-workers for the most part were grand, there are always bullies at my desk which made my work flow difficult. The hardest part of my job was that poor management, and the most enjoyable part of my job was when my clients would congratulate me and thank me for my help. This is most rewarding.
Pros
The experience and skills that I acquired.
Cons
Bad healthcare/ Poor management
Great workplace
product manager (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 23, 2015
Overall good work culture & great benefits. Traditional management that is risk averse. Limited opportunities to grow.
They have many customers and locations around the world
Senior Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 27, 2016
Review outstanding work orders.
contact customers and verify issues.
go to FedEx/UPS to ship parts and pickup parts
go to customers site or order appropriate part to effect repair for next day service.
when issue is corrected show customer the issue is corrected.
verify no further issue remain.
update work order
ship parts in system and prepare for shipment
continue to next work order/site

Assist fellow technicians with issues and work orders as needed.
Pros
good pay and bennifits and co van
Cons
have to work overtime and weekends and perform late night installs
Good benefits, contract I support provides job security
Tier 1, 2 Technical & End User Support, Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 6, 2016
Once you get hired by Fujitsu (contracted with them for 2 years before hiring on) they have solid benefits. Fiscal compensation for the job details our agents support are limited compared to many other companies providing the same level of support (or far less I should say). I'd say management is constantly shuffling around outside of the contract we support. The group I work within has been solid. General call center environment, nothing significantly special to point out.
Pros
Hired associates Holiday pay, vacation builds quickly
Cons
Fast paced environment, down time is limited, Manf. Line for tier 1 and 2 support calls.
NetApp Factory Configuration Setup
NetApp Storage Consultan (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 4, 2016
No Leadership. Friendly Employees. No Project Management. Reactive maintenance and troubleshoot.

NetApp Factory Configuration Setup for Brownfield Configuration was reconfigured .
Pros
NetApp Brownfield Deployment in Durham North Carolina POC and Production Completed
Cons
No remote work

Want to know more about Fujitsu?

Ask a question
Lead Business Analyst, Salesforce, NY (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2016
Good learning place to be in but no balance between personal and professional life. Management is good but sets up very high targets and project estimates are very aggressive which imbalances the personal and professional life.
Pros
Good to learn, Free certifications and trainings.
Cons
High expectations and tight estimations which imbalances lives.
Productive workplace but not perfect
Inventory Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 17, 2016
I learned a lot about Inventory Control and organization and using Oracle.

The hardest part of the job would be locating missing items. Its a somewhat new building so everything is still a bit out of place. They are also just finding out what system works with picking parts for retail stores.

The most enjoyable part about the job is getting to know the workers. Its a small place so you can pretty much learn everyone's name.
Pros
Consistent work hours and flexible
Cons
Turnover on temps and inconsistent rules
Don't
Store Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 29, 2016
Just don't. Horrible management. Horrible pay. Horrible environment. I would never encourage anyone to work for this company
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
great company
Test Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORFebruary 2, 2016
I liked working for the company I liked too many things about it but it lacked the staff to do the job. I had great relationship with the Japanese management and good relationship with its USA management but stress was very high due to the demand vs the resources that we had to work with.
Don't work for this company
Project Lead (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 5, 2016
A typical Japanese company, will make you slog like anything. No job security, as long as you are on a project you are good but if you don't find something within 2-3 weeks you might be out. Works mostly on body shopping mode in US.
Pros
Compensation might be good but if you have your job
Cons
Too many...no work life balance, frequent layoffs, bad managers...
Too many different retail customers. Sketchy tech support and parts.
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  MarylandAugust 11, 2015
The team of techs I worked with was mostly the same team from Giant Food. We transferred over to Fujitsu when Giant outsourced our department so the overall high level of efficiency continued as far as our group was concerned.
However, Fujitsu management was unsupportive at times and changing work schedules made personal life planning difficult.
Pros
Pay and benefits, company van
Cons
managers would constantly change work hours and shift times tech support was not adequate
Loved working at Fujitsu America
Oracle Database/Ecommerce Application Admin (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 17, 2016
I liked working on challenging projects in Fujitsu and was very much involved in troubleshooting aspects. Implementing a project from the scratch is something i liked in Fujitsu as i was involved from the ground-up interacting with different teams.
Pros
Working with many teams
the work place is good overall
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richardson TexasJune 5, 2015
Fujitsu is going thru massive Changes to move to a younger workforce. They are in the process of changing the culture. A new CEO is starting so I do not know where he will direct company.
Many of the New Management team Came from Manufacturing side of company and do not understand Services. So they are having to learn that things that work in Manufacturing need major changes to work in services and customer support.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
new management
Too many cooks in the kitchen
SR. PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2016
The company extremely top heavy. Our clients suffer because there are no processes in place and not enough resources. We sell services that we can't support The technology is lacking and way behind times.
Pros
Ability to work remote
Cons
no worklife balance, management doesn't care for their folks
Good work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 24, 2016
The workers got along well and the management was fair to everyone.

My first management work..managing a small team in remote software upgrade project.

And Helped Customers in computer programming CRISIS situations
Pros
Good work environment and management
Cons
lay offs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fujitsu. Our community is ready to answer.