Fujitsu Employee Reviews

Not the best place to work
Inside Pre-Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  NortheastJune 4, 2017
fujitsu has been a disappointment. Despite good reviews I've not received a raise in five years. Looking elsewhere. Company direction constantly in flux. Some good folks there to work with, but continual turnover, particularly around management. Benefits good.
Pros
some good people to work with. Good benefits.
Cons
Company direction in constant flux. Rarely makes sales number. Lots of turnover.
Excellent company to work for, as long as overtime is acceptable
Electronics Technician II (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLMay 30, 2017
When I started working at Fujitsu as a temporary through Kelly Services, other employees told me to plan on 10-hour days and 6 hours on Saturday. I didn't have a problem with that, as I had been unemployed long enough that I had some financial catch-up to do. I was there for more than 7 years, and would probably still be there if they hadn't closed the facility. Fujitsu did annual benefits surveys, comparing the company's benefits to those of other similar companies in the area, and made sure that Fujitsu benefits were better than any other. When Fujitsu turned 50 years old, a charter bus company was hired, and all employees spent the whole day at Sea World -- at company expense. Every year on the anniversary of Fujitsu's founding was Employee Appreciation Day, with plenty of free food and drink -- including steak -- and the rest of the day off, once all the speeches were done. Paid all day, as well. Performance was rewarded as well. When a given line exceeded expectations, the plant manager would give that line a Saturday party -- out of his own pocket. Innovations that cut costs and improved production earned $50, again out of the manager's pocket. Long hours, yes, but I'd go back to work there in a flash.
Its been a long time
IT Help desk technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 22, 2017
Worked as a contract tech in 2000. Was laid off during the IT lull, Was a great place to work, Did over night tech support of fuel system installs. was great
good working place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 12, 2017
Fujitsu is a network communication company has been long time ago at Richardson, I was a contractor employee since August, 2015 till now as a campus security work for facility department ..............
Production Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 11, 2017
I don't have anything to say about this company. my manager is pretty laid back, though communication is far and out of reach. environment and sanitation is good.
Good place to work though archaic management culture
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 10, 2017
Good work life balance. Management has best of intentions but limited by control from Japan. Struggling to shake off old-style hierarchical management culture and suffering from an aging workforce. Hard to retain younger employees. Older employees stay for the excellent benefits and reasonable security.
Pros
Big company benefits
Cons
Archaic culture, past glories a distant memory
good place to work and learn more
Role - BI Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 10, 2017
good place to work and learn more in the related fields. work culture is very nice and there is a good mix of different kinds of employees. management ensures to provide a healthy environment for employees to work and grow and conducts social events. work from home option at the required times helps a lot. exposure of being with people working for and in different environments /platforms, gives a chance to know and learn new things which might else be out of reach.
Working from home creates a great work life balance. Immediate boss is one of the best I have had in my career.
Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 3, 2017
Majority of managements lacks knowlege of managing cost and schedule on awarded projects leading to losses. While managing fields operations are competent, back office management virtually does not exist.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
healthcare
Work
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 29, 2017
small work cubes
work your hours and get what you can done
juggle projects and deadlines
small or no training budget
constant upper management changes
Pros
Flex work schedule, great co-workers
Cons
At times very demanding, little to no training budget
Overall Good Company
Team Manager / Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 27, 2017
I have been happy at Fujitsu, but feel that advancement opportunities are lacking. While the pay is acceptable raises are below what is required for cost of living adjustment.
Pros
Good training and management support
Cons
Compensation
A freindly work invirement with greate people
Desktop Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 26, 2017
The people are what make the job worth going to every day. We work to help one another to get job done no matter how big or small. Management tries to work with you to get what you need for your job and courier. They also ask and value your opinion on how to make things better
Pros
the people
Cons
I'm not there
deterioratting of appreciation of employees
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 24, 2017
Upper level has lot of politics.
Employees are favorites of managers and job base on favoritism.

Does not appreciate hard work , dedication or talent.
Pros
Japanese managers good treatment
Cons
upper management all with politics and favoritism of employees exist
In house lab Installer
Installer - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 21, 2017
A Surveillance Technicians installs, maintains, repairs, and replaces all of the components of audio and
video surveillance systems. Whether you work freelance, completing one customer request at a time, or are
employed by a security company to install and maintain the systems for customers, your job as Surveillance
Technician is pretty much the same.
The career is great but its a metric driven company that puts intense pressure on workers
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2017
the management staff need to see how it feels to be away from home and the effort they put into the job is still not good enough the metric system sucks and they should reevaluate the jobs and actually how long does it really take to complete the task. this job should be salary based instead of hourly if they want to use the metric feels like you working against ya self
Pros
free traveling
Cons
job should be salary
Cybersecurity Joke
Security Architect (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 18, 2017
This company is trying to get in on the cyber-security market. They have invested millions into this MSP that is failing miserably. Management team doesn't know much about security to begin with. Good place to get some time in under an entry level security title. No advancement in this area. Leadership spends a lot of time traveling while nobody oversees day to day operations. After a short time you start realizing the poor reputation this company has in the industry. If you have to, take a position here. If you are driven and competitive seek a position with a reputable organization.
Pros
Rare manager encounters
Cons
No roadmap to success
NIce enviroment
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 18, 2017
loved doing what I did, working on PC and server. the crew that I worked with were a great bunch of people and well trained. Loved working remote and liked doing the system admin
Dynamic place
Network Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 17, 2017
A dynamic workplace filled with great minds. Management did a good job keeping up with the C level strategic direction, which often seemed to change constantly.
Productive and fun workplace
Sr.DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 5, 2017
As per my experience with the company that found it is a best place to work and we can found a excellent work culture here. I did not found much typical day'sat my current company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 31, 2017
Consistent work environment, although workflow can drastically change month to month. But that is also what keeps it exciting. Professional environment, but relaxed enough to be yourself. Easy access to team members around the country.
Pros
Compensation, consistency.
Cons
Commute distance from my home
Very fun place to work and people very friendly
SMT Technician (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMarch 30, 2017
Always fun and fast paced days in a manufacturing production environment. I gained knowledge about the surface mount production process and gained great technical skill on troubleshooting the production machinery. This was a great place to work with friendly and team oriented employees. The hardest part of the day was trying to meet production goals on a consistent basis. Enjoyed when we met all of our daily production goals.
Pros
Freindy co workers
Cons
having to stand for the majority of the daY

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fujitsu. Our community is ready to answer.