Fujitsu Employee Reviews

Great company
Business Development Manger (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 8, 2014
The leadership is second to none. Led strategy development for Sun's most complex partners, Oracle, HP and Novell. In this partnerships role, I put together a holistic view of our partnership strategy across product areas and lead collaboration between internal teams. Analyzed the partner relationship and recommended priorities that aligned with Sun’s company objectives. Was strategic advisor on the partner relationship and influenced executive decision-making. Managed the complexities of overall partnership strategy, conducted competitive assessments and work across multiple product areas including Java global development and Sun servers.
Pros
people
Cons
established relationships not in place
Nice company, bad management
Inventory Specialist/ Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 11, 2015
I love the company and the co-workers. I just did not agree with the people chosen to be placed in higher positions. In my opinion, they were not fit for the job.
terrible plcae to work unless you like working as a sweat shop worker
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  richardson txOctober 17, 2014
This is the worst co to work for i would not recommend anyone work for this company. You have no room for advancement and growth unless you brown nose. They don't have any type of work place balance. It is like working in a sweat shop and you have to deal with constant abuse over the phones. No one in management gives a care about anyone there except themselves and if they feel that you are a threat they will fire you in a heart beat the if any one is reading this and has been offered a job there DO NOT ACCEPT THIS OFFER YOU WILL NEVER BE PERMANENT AND YOU WILL BE TREATED LIKE TRASH.... if you are desperate for a job then take it just to pay the bills but keep looking and i hope everyone that is still there gets to get away asap.
Cons
everything you hate in a job and co
Boring
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 28, 2015
Very poor leadership with lack of communication skills. Management and leads think there better than everybody. They provide very little direction
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Everybody so stuck up, nobody ever sa Good Morning or Hello
Missing the mark...
Client Executive (Former Employee) –  New EnglandNovember 6, 2014
Fujitsu America could have a much better market share in the U.S. market, but the lack of effective marketing and an inefficient supply chain continuously hamper this company's and its employees' progress.
Pros
culture of japanese parent company, excellent portfolio, terrific benefits
Cons
too much focus on administrivia, disconnect between japan and u.s.
A wonderful Enviroment
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 18, 2014
Co-workers were confident and well trained, management was fantastic in direction and remained on focus. The hardest part of the job was dealing with problematic customers and days at the back dock when we would receive hundreds of monitors of Desktops. Thought the most enjoyable part was the allotment for overtime and the people i worked with. I learned how corporate business works and never had many issues. A typical day of work was to fix customer issues, and while on the windows 7 project it was to upgrade as many systems on the list as possible.
Interesting work in Tech field
Refurbishment Technician (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJune 7, 2014
A company that may be going under. Witnessed massive turnover in management as they left for better paying careers in other businesses. 12 hour days for weeks then looking at layoffs right after. For a company that tries to be an industry leader they constantly trip over themselves.
Pros
non managment staff fun to work with
Cons
very poor pay, very little in the way of job security or advancement
Great job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Portland,OregonMarch 31, 2015
BESIDES USPS(PostOffice)was my FAVORITE job since living in Portland,A Material Handler(warehouse worker)in a cleanroom environment,EVERYTHING ABOUT THE COMPANY was GREAT(2nd to NONE)
Pros
GREAT PAY, PEOPLE, BOSSES, COMPANY
Cons
IT CLOSED DOWN & RETURNED TO JAPAN
Good Place to be if your are client facing
Operations Vendor Manager (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJApril 3, 2014
Fujitsu is a good place to be if your are in any of the delivery teams within the organization. Within those teams it is usually easy to get training and find advancement opportunities. You are able to understand how to perform. If they want to move you to a non-billable role RUN!! It will work for a while, but the management will change and it will not be fun. There is no job advancement opportunities. Even through the company has mandatory training policies in place, you will not be approved for any. They will change your area of responsibility but will not tell you, and you will be rated poorly for not achieving it.
Pros
good consultant client facing projects
Cons
they pay poorly and treat you like a slave.
Great Place!
Accounting Clerk - File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 1, 2013
Daily duties consisted of filing expense reports and invoices. Scanned and attached items in Oracle. Documents had to be fully completed and correct to match invoice numbers, dates, and amounts in preparation for approval. Maintained, opened and sorted incoming and outgoing mail for company accountants. I compiled, copied, faxed, sorted, and filed confidential records and business files as needed. Awesome people! fun to work here!
Pros
fujitsu day
Cons
short breaks
we have alot odf training session where we compete about the different computers and lap tops and there are prices to give away.
IT Technician in Makro store (Former Employee) –  RevoniaNovember 17, 2011
Fujitsi is a big company and a good working industry they have. They acknoledge everyone who works there and treat everyone with respect, by understanding that people have different values and cultures. And we work with people so al of us have to have people skills in order to understand and help different people.
Pros
free lunch during training sessions
Cons
short breaks, and get to know other people we work with, competitions, fun race
Field Engineer
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIAugust 9, 2012
In the morning we figure out where we are going for the day. I get into my car, and start driving off to different branches for the bank. We use our ticket system to see what calls we have, and what the problem is. Go onsite, and if there are any parts we ordered, we'll bring them with us to replace the part. Closing out the calls, and keeping in touch with other techs to see if there is any other cases for the area that we are in.
Pros
going to different branches, and meeting new people.
Good support staff, and learn alot from my experience there
Laptop Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis TN, (raines/mendenhall)September 10, 2012
Well my day start with me making sure my E.S.D is working properly. Log into Oracel, and then onto the Fujitsu support website. Then I check all my inventory, and make sure everything is there, and match the paper work. Proceed to do my diagnostic test on the unit, and repair all neccessary work needed too be done. Clean the unit, check, and check off the list too meet all Quality satification. I learn alot about Fujitsu laptop, drivers, hardware, and software issue through troubleshooting. The most enjoyable part of the job was my break.
Pros
full benifit, and 1 hour break
Cons
hours/shifts constantly changing, and a 10 cent raise every year
Don't waste time at Fujitsu if you want a career
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 8, 2013
This applies to FAI, not Fujitsu Networks. The environment is toxic and most managers clueless. Your efforts and best interests will never be appreciated or even considered unless they've changed. It's the culture. Women are all treated like admins and minorities demeaned. It was a sweat shop and in 2 years I never found a way to thrive in their chaos. I'm amazed that there've been so few lawsuits, considering how they treat employees (like used office equipment). Fai is okay for a short term contract. Get out before they outsource or lay off.
Pros
low traffic area -east richardson
Cons
culture, pay, hours, benefits package
Work for Fujitsu if you like getting laid off.
Service Desk Tech (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TexasDecember 5, 2012
I got hired about two weeks ago as a Service Desk Tech. After two weeks on the job , they said they no longer needed my service. I have worked many jobs in the past, but only Fujitsu lays of people after two weeks on the job. This company hires only contract workers and lays them off after the contract expires. Most the workers that I worked at Fujitsu were contract workers with no benefits. I do not recommend this company to anyone
Pros
average starting pay
Cons
too many layoffs and prolong contract jobs
Good intentions, good technologies, poor follow through
Director, Business Development (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2013
In the US, senior management is a mixture of good and bad. Former long-time managers from previous separate Fujitsu companies were generally solid veterans and good leaders; new leadership that constantly changes does not provide the leadership needed for already defined strategic direction.
Pros
technologies and success from parent company in japan
Cons
senior management not properly monitoring activites at the levels directly beneath them
Great Learning Experience
HARDWARE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale CAMay 15, 2013
Always had a project plus support of customers who owned the company equipment.
Attended hardware shows and was responsible for running demo and providing technical information.
Attended classes on storgae foundation cluster file systems, fiber channel switch administration, Solaris systems administration, and UNIX System Administration.
Worked well with co-workers and shared information on what we had learned.
Hardest part of the job was trying to stay pro active for the customer, to see problems before they do.
Getting that big order after doing the pre sales engineering support
Pros
flex hours
Cons
not enough time in the day
niceplaqce to work with friendly people
Supervisor Lisa Carnley (Former Employee) –  richardson texasJuly 19, 2013
typ. day: run reports and job assignments for day,meetings
training new personnel, problem solving, testing new SAP applications

what i learned:

great coworkers

hardest part
nothing

most enjoyable part

dealing with SAP(training other personnel, investigating and correcting problems, testing new SAP applications.

overseeing inventory operations

interacting with other groups in fujitsu
Pros
working hours, interacting with management
Good Company Poor Payroll Team
Installation Technician for Virgin Media (Current Employee) –  BoltonSeptember 29, 2013
I have worked for this company now for 6 months and have not had one wage that is right, i have to chase this up every month then they fob you off by telling you, it will go onto your next wage which means you are taxed more on it.

HR is useless by telling you to contact your manager, managers dont know what they are doing half the time

Good benefits childcare costs etc, Great job love my job Fujitsu have really give me the chance to take my career to the next level in something ive always wanted to do and to try obtain employment in this job role
Pros
good pay when its right, great benefits, company vehicle supplied
Cons
poor payroll team, poor management, poor hr, long hours no finish time, early starts
Company that got in its own way.
Vice President, Global Systems Integration (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 27, 2013
Executive Management was poor and very slow to move in an IT environment.

Learned the art of global deplomacy. Didn't allow its people to make decisions causing every decision to be a long process. This caused the company to always be last to market in an industry that needed to be fast moving to win.
Pros
learned about a japanese company - deplomacy
Cons
slow moving and not very cutting edge