Fujitsu Employer Reviews

Field Engineer
Field Engineer (Current Employee), Warwick, RIAugust 9, 2012
Pros: going to different branches, and meeting new people.
In the morning we figure out where we are going for the day. I get into my car, and start driving off to different branches for the bank. We use our ticket system to see what calls we have, and what the problem is. Go onsite, and if there are any parts we ordered, we'll bring them with us to replace the part. Closing out the calls, and keeping in touch – more... with other techs to see if there is any other cases for the area that we are in. – less
SENIOR CONTRACT BILLING ANALYST (Former Employee), Richardson, TXAugust 7, 2012
Pros: my co-workers.
Cons: not a stable company anymore.
I was laid off from Fujitsu in December of 2011 due to my position being outsourced. I was a loyal employee for 17 years.
Company Culture & Management
(Contractor) (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 29, 2012
Cons: see above.
Was recruited as a contract administrator / to hire (May 2011) do to the expanding growth and opportunities in my IT field of expertise. In December 2011, my contract was supposed to convert to a perm after 6 months & I was told by management that they were in the process of converting all existing contracts to perm.

Feb 2012 & still working as a contractor, – more... I received a call from a different recruiter advising me of an opportunity to work for Fujitsu. The position I was for the same position I was currently performing. Soon after, I found my position on Fujitsu's job board. I inquired to upper management about my position and was advised that there was a hiring freeze. (Two weeks earlier 3 new associates were hired as direct hires). Spoke to HR and was advised to discuss with management (which I already did) and to possibly apply for the position for which I also did. Spoke to my recruiter who was also unable to get any feedback from Fujitsu management.

March 2012 - Was recognized by our client vendor on the outstanding job I was peforming and that I was an asset to their their company.

April 2012 - the position was taken off of Fujitsu job board but was never given any feedback from upper management when I inquired on it. Over the course of 4 months, my recruiter nor myself were able to receive any feedback from upper management.

July 2012 - Still working as a contractor, my position was reposted on Fujitsu job board. Spoke to HR who stated that they didn't know the position was reposted. (In all my year's in working in IT, I've never came across an HR dept who didn't know of a position that was posted on their job board)... I was advised to talk to upper management again and to apply for the position, which I did...AGAIN! The same day, I tried calling upper management to advise on my status with the company. Left a vmail and never received a call back. Also spoke to my recruiter but they claimed to not have received any information either.

The next day, the same job that I had applied for was reposted with a different questionnaire and qualification requirement details. (When I reviewed my prevous completed questionnaire, my responses to the skill set requirements were truncated to the additional questions added to the job posting). The questions to the answers I completed before were not there anymore.....IS THIS EVEN A LEGAL PRACTICE???

July 2012 - A few days later, I was told by my recruiting company that my contract with Fujitsu was eliminated and to return their laptop and on-call cell phone.

Who wants to work for a company where their is no honest nor integrity to their employees or contractors.....The company motto is...."The Fujitsu Way"......

Since working with Fujitsu (1 yr & 2 mths), there have been approx. 40 people (and counting) that have left the company. (This is an concervative #). Previous perm employees that have been there for 10, 12 & 15 yrs + have left the company due to a number of reasons....raises (none in 3yrs and counting), bonus (new hires are promised bonuses where only management is receiving), company culture - very low...Management will scold employees on any related issues and go silent when they are praised....the list goes on and on.....

My advise....as I've been in the IT field for over 17yrs... Use caution before you decide to work for Fujitsu. If your unemployeed and need a job and are accepted a position with Fujitsu, by all means do what you have to do and take the position but be aggressive in finding something else. #wordsofwisdom. – less
Productive place to work
Senior Computer Support Specialist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 24, 2012
Great opportunity to learn a lot about the business and working with customers.
Helthy work environment
AIX System Administrator (Former Employee), Troy, MIJuly 19, 2012
Great place to work. Nice people. Its always nice to work in this type of organisation, people and everyhting.

I wish good luck to all my collegues and hope for the best for this organisation.
Helthy work environment
AIX System Administrator (Former Employee), Troy, MIJuly 19, 2012

nice place to work but most of the time the work is for short periods
Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Foothill ranch californiaJuly 16, 2012
Pros: work schedule, extra lunch time
Cons: no benefits
I like everything I learned in this company ( download software, set up network and more) I have very good supervisors and co-workers
the hardest part of this job is that most of the time I had to work under contract and is very hard to get a permanent position.
Fast pace environment with a strong customer focus
Information Security Analyst (Current Employee), Durham, NCJuly 9, 2012
As mentioned, all things move at a very quick pace and the company is truly focused on providing the best product for its customers.
Oracle consultant (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CaJuly 4, 2012
I spend 8 year in this company, I t was great learning over here and i have seen some very talented people in this company.
See below.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 21, 2012
Cons: no raises for 3 years, doesn't allow training for employees, no fun activities, management changes every few months.
I wouldn't recommed Fujitsu to my worst enemy. Senior Management changes every 18 months or less and is always in flux. For the last 3 years, only management have received raises and they are the only one receiving a raise. They have loss almost all of their great employees due to not being able to have a 5-year vision or a yearly vision.

Unfortunately, – more... they do not value their employees. Unfortunately, they have cut out all of their training classes for employees. Training is very important in the high tech industry to keep your employees knowledgeable on the latest techniques in the industry.

There aren't any "fun activities" sponsored by the Company and do not encouraged their employees to have "fun" at work. Their isn't a "balance of life". – less
Fun place to work for with many events.
World Wide Director of Credit and AR Operations (Former Employee), Sunnyvale CA.June 20, 2012
I had a great job at Fujitsu where I get to work with the leadership team and the sales organization. I have a great team that performs at a very high level. We also had fun doing it where we celebrate the birthdays, and having lunches.
Excellent Company to work for
Senior Consultant/Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Boise, IDMay 26, 2012
Pros: work remote
Cons: newbie managers have a problem with hours
Great benefits
Good projects
Managed Services support for Oracle unsurpassed
Working enivorment fun
Material Handler (Current Employee), Memphis, Tn 38118May 25, 2012
Pros: climate controled
Cons: raises
This company is a nice place to work for, but when the economy started to go down they came up with all kinds of excuses for not giving pay raises. But inform us of all the million dollar contracts they have been getting. They force us to take our vacation time and stop giving profit shares, but still give management bouses.

May 29, 2012

I worked at this company before and they are full of it when it comes to speaking up for people and standing up for themselves. My manager was a jellyback whimp. The pros was 1 hour lunches and the cons were not enough pay.They fired people according to the mood that they where in ,and not the quality of a person.

New to US IT market and small presence
Director, Service Engineering (Former Employee), Richardson, TXMay 23, 2012
Cross cultual organization to try to be a better presence in global market in ICT.
Productive and Customer satisfaction
TELECOMMUNICATIONS INSTALLER (Former Employee), Exton, PAMay 2, 2012
Install various pieces of equipment within Verizon C.O (Central Office). Provide the best service to meet and exceed customer requirements through defect prevention. Working on various equipment such as: DDM-2000, ADSL, Coopermax (Heikman), Sonoplexs, FLMS, Pairgain Flex, Flash 192s, Alarms, Switches, and BDFB. Review all testing to ensure connections – more... are
problem-free. – less
Overall a very good company to work for.
Field Systems Engineer (Current Employee), New jerseyApril 27, 2012
Pros: flexible schedules, training opportunities
Cons: company seems fragmented into too many divisions, lack of communication between divisions.
Very good experience. Plenty of training available internally. Although Internal opportunities for advancement are limited. company morale is very good. The management team was very Fair.
Large Corporation
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAApril 23, 2012
Pros: good benefits. innovative products.
Cons: low pay, stagnant culture
The company is somwhat stagnant. I have met emloyees who have worked there for 25 years, and they still do the same job. Opportunities for advancement and promotions are minimal and take decades to attain.
Great place to build my experience
Mobile Client Executive (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAMarch 27, 2012
This was my first job out of college. I was very fortunate to have an opportunity to begin my career here. There are many tenure employees with a tremendous amount of intelligence and experience.

May 1, 2012

Hi. Did they train you after getting into the company as you were just out of college at that time? or did they expect you to know things in advance?

we have alot odf training session where we compete about the different computers and lap tops and there are prices to give away.
IT Technician in Makro store (Former Employee), RevoniaNovember 17, 2011
Pros: free lunch during training sessions
Cons: short breaks, and get to know other people we work with, competitions, fun race
Fujitsi is a big company and a good working industry they have. They acknoledge everyone who works there and treat everyone with respect, by understanding that people have different values and cultures. And we work with people so al of us have to have people skills in order to understand and help different people.
Fun place but no promotion
Executive Secretary (Former Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZJuly 14, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: no salary increase
Freindly people but no way that one can improve or get any promotion

About Fujitsu

Fujitsu America believes in the power of information and technology. A subsidiary of  Fujitsu, the company offers a broad portfolio – Read more