Fujitsu Employee Reviews in United States

Probe Test Technician
Probe Equipment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORApril 6, 2015
Set-up equipment for test wafers. Started as an operator and quickly showed how fast I learn and quickly moved to lead operator and then technicain
Pros
Great persons, benifits
Overall Good Company
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TxFebruary 27, 2014
1) Management is getting better
2) Good on employee engagement
3) Good training program
4) Salary should be better
5) Growth for individual employees is with a struggle even after hard work. Take too long to promote
Company Culture & Management
(Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 29, 2012
Was recruited as a contract administrator / to hire (May 2011) do to the expanding growth and opportunities in my IT field of expertise. In December 2011, my contract was supposed to convert to a perm after 6 months & I was told by management that they were in the process of converting all existing contracts to perm.

Feb 2012 & still working as a contractor, I received a call from a different recruiter advising me of an opportunity to work for Fujitsu. The position I was for the same position I was currently performing. Soon after, I found my position on Fujitsu's job board. I inquired to upper management about my position and was advised that there was a hiring freeze. (Two weeks earlier 3 new associates were hired as direct hires). Spoke to HR and was advised to discuss with management (which I already did) and to possibly apply for the position for which I also did. Spoke to my recruiter who was also unable to get any feedback from Fujitsu management.

March 2012 - Was recognized by our client vendor on the outstanding job I was peforming and that I was an asset to their their company.

April 2012 - the position was taken off of Fujitsu job board but was never given any feedback from upper management when I inquired on it. Over the course of 4 months, my recruiter nor myself were able to receive any feedback from upper management.

July 2012 - Still working as a contractor, my position was reposted on Fujitsu job board. Spoke to HR who stated that they didn't know the position was reposted. (In all my year's in working in IT, I've never came across an HR dept who didn't
  more... know of a position that was posted on their job board)... I was advised to talk to upper management again and to apply for the position, which I did...AGAIN! The same day, I tried calling upper management to advise on my status with the company. Left a vmail and never received a call back. Also spoke to my recruiter but they claimed to not have received any information either.

The next day, the same job that I had applied for was reposted with a different questionnaire and qualification requirement details. (When I reviewed my prevous completed questionnaire, my responses to the skill set requirements were truncated to the additional questions added to the job posting). The questions to the answers I completed before were not there anymore.....IS THIS EVEN A LEGAL PRACTICE???

July 2012 - A few days later, I was told by my recruiting company that my contract with Fujitsu was eliminated and to return their laptop and on-call cell phone.

Who wants to work for a company where their is no honest nor integrity to their employees or contractors.....The company motto is...."The Fujitsu Way"......

Since working with Fujitsu (1 yr & 2 mths), there have been approx. 40 people (and counting) that have left the company. (This is an concervative #). Previous perm employees that have been there for 10, 12 & 15 yrs + have left the company due to a number of reasons....raises (none in 3yrs and counting), bonus (new hires are promised bonuses where only management is receiving), company culture - very low...Management will scold employees on any related issues and go silent when they are praised....the list goes on and on.....

My advise....as I've been in the IT field for over 17yrs... Use caution before you decide to work for Fujitsu. If your unemployeed and need a job and are accepted a position with Fujitsu, by all means do what you have to do and take the position but be aggressive in finding something else. #wordsofwisdom.
Cons
see above.
Good company to work!
Desktop Engineer, IT / Infrastructure Support (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 31, 2014
Ideal peacful environment, no politics, good executives and management and managers!
Pros
perfect environment to work
Cons
slow pace
This is a very diverse company
Executive Assistant and Office Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2015
They offer great work life balance and my co-workers are smart and wonderful group of people I have worked with for the past six years.
good benefits and reliable
EQUIPMENT TECHNICIAN 4 (Former Employee) –  gresham, oregon, usaJune 16, 2012
good management, supervisors, work schedule, and pay good, the best of my work career
Pros
12 hour work day 1/2 hour free lunch
Cons
night shift
niceplaqce to work with friendly people
Supervisor Lisa Carnley (Former Employee) –  richardson texasJuly 19, 2013
typ. day: run reports and job assignments for day,meetings
training new personnel, problem solving, testing new SAP applications

what i learned:

great coworkers

hardest part
nothing

most enjoyable part

dealing with SAP(training other personnel, investigating and correcting problems, testing new SAP applications.

overseeing inventory operations

interacting with other groups in fujitsu
Pros
working hours, interacting with management
N/a
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJanuary 23, 2014
This was a temp to hire and I was never made permanent. I was making $11.00 HR and never got a raise either; therefore had to search for a better job opportunity.
Cons
had to work during lunch break sometimes...it was okay though
Productive and good work culture
Network & Application Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WisconsinJanuary 21, 2015
excellent place to learn, it is most professional place to work and good work culture and if any chance I get sure will consider offer
Pros
free lunch
Help Desk Engineer
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TxNovember 25, 2014
Great place to work, night atmosphere is fantastic. The company is experiencing some growing challenges. Co-workers are awesome. The best part of the job is the constant opportunity to assist and uplift others.
Pros
great benefits.
Cons
compensation should be higher.
Fantastic working culture
Project Manager Infrastructure Planning (Former Employee) –  NYMarch 27, 2015
I enjoyed working there. I was capable to play a key role in the team. I enhanced business development and management skills. I loved working in with wonderful creative people.
we have alot odf training session where we compete about the different computers and lap tops and there are prices to give away.
IT Technician in Makro store (Former Employee) –  RevoniaNovember 17, 2011
Fujitsi is a big company and a good working industry they have. They acknoledge everyone who works there and treat everyone with respect, by understanding that people have different values and cultures. And we work with people so al of us have to have people skills in order to understand and help different people.
Pros
free lunch during training sessions
Cons
short breaks, and get to know other people we work with, competitions, fun race
Good place to work.
Director (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJanuary 23, 2013
Job security is not good, lots of layoffs due to management du jour. They need to determine their US Headquarters and strategy and rebuild the company.
Pros
great people
Cons
too many management changes
A wonderful Enviroment
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 18, 2014
Co-workers were confident and well trained, management was fantastic in direction and remained on focus. The hardest part of the job was dealing with problematic customers and days at the back dock when we would receive hundreds of monitors of Desktops. Thought the most enjoyable part was the allotment for overtime and the people i worked with. I learned how corporate business works and never had many issues. A typical day of work was to fix customer issues, and while on the windows 7 project it was to upgrade as many systems on the list as possible.
Good intentions, good technologies, poor follow through
Director, Business Development (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2013
In the US, senior management is a mixture of good and bad. Former long-time managers from previous separate Fujitsu companies were generally solid veterans and good leaders; new leadership that constantly changes does not provide the leadership needed for already defined strategic direction.
Pros
technologies and success from parent company in japan
Cons
senior management not properly monitoring activites at the levels directly beneath them
Nice
Project Manager Infrastructure Planning (Former Employee) –  NJFebruary 4, 2015
Its a excellent place to work, lot of growth opportunity, Company is well known. Management is determined for the success of their employees
Pros
nice
Cons
nice
Company that got in its own way.
Vice President, Global Systems Integration (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 27, 2013
Executive Management was poor and very slow to move in an IT environment.

Learned the art of global deplomacy. Didn't allow its people to make decisions causing every decision to be a long process. This caused the company to always be last to market in an industry that needed to be fast moving to win.
Pros
learned about a japanese company - deplomacy
Cons
slow moving and not very cutting edge
Flexibility work hours, great management
Data Analyst (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 7, 2014
Great managment and very understandable, flexiblity work hours. It is a great working environment and very friendly co-workers, supportive and team work.
Pros
no micro management.
Cons
take a long time to be a permanent.
Good company
SMT Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXOctober 9, 2013
Good company to work for. Healthcare and 401K are exceptional. I really enjoyed having a cafeteria with a healthy menu as a choice as well as an onsite gym.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
layoffs
Great solutions company
Systems Engineer V (Current Employee) –  Richardson TXOctober 4, 2014
The best part of the job was to be a subject matter expert in optical communications and to collaborate daily with other departments, learning something new every day. What was amazing is number of new assignments that I had every day. Every time I had to learn something new
Pros
excellent paid time off benefits