Full Sail University Employee Reviews

Excellent coriculum, Instructors and in-depth program.
Student (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJune 13, 2017
My educational experience was outstanding. Instructors were extremely qualified, the programs exceeded my anticipation, and the school was professional in every aspect.
Great mission, if only it would be followed.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJune 12, 2017
Full Sail pays below market rates, but makes up for it with a flexible and interesting work environment. The instructors are largely interesting people with diverse backgrounds that make working there a pleasure.

Issues come up the farther you go up the management chain. The top management is mostly people who just happened to be there in the early days. This is fine when a company stays largely the same over time, but Full Sail has grown from an audio certificate program to 50-something programs giving up to Master's degrees. Management should have actual recent experience in doing the types of things they oversee. Instead, they get degrees from other diploma mills to add suffixes to their titles which makes their understanding of their business more abstract and less applicable to the day-to-day.

The mission of the University is great, but the structure makes it difficult to execute on that mission. I have no issue philosophically with for-profit schools. But that status shouldn't come at the expense of student success. Students that aren't prepared for university should be directed to what they can do to be prepared and admitted then. Instead, Full Sail admits as many as possible to soak Federal aid money and they let unprepared students cycle through the same courses over and over again. Full Sail uses a one-month course structure so the student has no time to regroup and do the things needed to prepare for a course he or she has failed. The one-month course structure is designed so that the school can get the maximum student aid per month since they can get students
  more... through quicker by claiming an accelerated program.

They put on a dog-and-pony show for open houses, which they encourage new hires to attend. The difference between marketing and reality is stark though. Sure, they will show you the 100 channel mixing board, but they won't show you cramming 60 students into a room that holds 40 for a 1am class in a room that doesn't have power and is filled with mold.

Being a for-profit means that students are treated like customers at all times. If the customer complains, he gets what he wants. That works in most goods and services companies but is disastrous in education. Complaining students can get as much time as they want for assignments and can argue away cheating on assignments and tests. They move forward and don't have the skills needed to find a job at the end of the program. It's great in the short term for the school because they get the money, but that chicken has to come home to roost sometime.

Good instructors thrive despite this, but it reaches a breaking point eventually. Bad instructors rarely get disciplined or fired, so over time education quality degrades in every program. That's good for job security, I guess. Beware anyone who has been there for ten years or more.

Management once bragged how they had a student who was homeless and living under a bridge, but that student was still participating in classes. Sure, it's great that they are pursuing growth, but maybe they should get their feet under them before taking out six figures in loans? Maybe don't charge them tuition?
Pros
Flexibility, Interesting Work
Cons
Lack of respect for students and faculty from management
Productive and fun workplace
Intern (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJune 2, 2017
The job takes place in the dubbing stage at Full Sail University. Working here has been a valuable learning experience. There are multiple opportunities to get hands on experience on various projects to work on sound recording, editing, mixing.
Alright
Financial Aid Advisor (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJune 1, 2017
Full Sail is a unique work environment. They value employee development, but I've also seen two rounds of lay-offs in my three years here. The pay is pretty well below what other schools in the area offer, but they really do try to make up for it with the work environment.
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Pay
Awesome place to pursue your passion
Call Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 30, 2017
Great culture for students to that are likeminded and want to pursue their passion. Hands on instruction is great and the teachers were very knowlegable about their craft.
Challenging but fun
Internship (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMay 30, 2017
During my internship I was left to my own devices for the most part. Much of the challenge came from my own desire to do better with occasional help from my instructor.
Hard work, great work environment
Game Developer (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMay 21, 2017
Working for them I had so much work I barely had any free time. My whole life revolved around full sail while I was there. The work environment, however, gave a lot of freedom and the people were great to work with.
One of the best companies to work for.
Payroll / Accounting Administrator (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMay 17, 2017
I worked there over four years as a Payroll Administor. I love every moments there. Good bosses, professional yet friendly co-workers. Nice environment for a Payroll girl like me. Hate to leave due to family moving to differ state. Missed Full Sail.
Pros
Free educational assistant
Sundays only job
Behind The Scenes Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMay 14, 2017
I only worked for Full Sail University during my time there as a student. I was a tour guide for the Behind The Scenes Tour, an event held one Sunday per month to showcase the school along with its programs, academics and facilities to the public and any prospect students interested in pursuing an education there.
Pros
Free lunches, enough breaks and chance of networking.
Excellent Company
Financial Aid (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMay 10, 2017
It is an amazing company to work for. It is the perfect place to build towards your career goals while working with the most friendly people. If you are working with students or behind the scenes you will be a happy camper.
Pros
Excellent company morale
Cons
Little room for growth

Want to know more about Full Sail University?

Ask a question
Great company culture
Financial Aid Student Advisor (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMay 9, 2017
Most enjoyable part of my role is helping students receive the funding they need and are eligible to receive in order to graduate and move on to their dream career.
Fun
Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMay 5, 2017
It is a fantastic place to work, the management is great and every body gets along with one another. I highly recommend working at Full Sail University.
I've consistently learned challenging new skills.
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLApril 27, 2017
Full Sail is a good company with diversity and job opportunities at all professional levels. There are many entry level positions offering opportunities for growth.
Pros
Great Christmas parties
Cons
Ever-changing enterprise software
Productive but fun work environment
Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLApril 18, 2017
Full Sail is a great place to work if you like art and media. I enjoy the people I work with. Day to day life is usually in a lobby or a call center based on your job title.
Pros
Free food always
Benefits
Fun Place to Work w/ Great Energy
Tier 1 Tech Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLApril 12, 2017
I honestly have had no issues working for Full Sail. Most of the people are incredibly friendly and want the best for their coworkers. You may have to start at the bottom but there's a lot of room for advancement, which can happen faster than most places -- I got promoted from reception to tech support within 8 or 9 months!
Love being a student, love even more working here!
Student Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLApril 11, 2017
Being a student tour guide at Full Sail University is absolutely amazing. It is a job where I get to know people from all around the world and show them my love for the school.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks, low payment
Productive, family oriented
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLApril 10, 2017
Family-oriented company. Lots of room for movement internally. Healthcare benefits available to Full Time employees. Paid time off available after six months of working.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Was a fun place to work in the beginning
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLApril 7, 2017
Fullsail used to be a fun place to work, they use to pay very well. They changed over the years to a high stress environment. if you didnt kiss managments butt you would have a target on your back. Eventually they let go of a bunch of staff in order to save money .
The culture is always fun because of the creative people
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLApril 3, 2017
I have had a very great time working in admissions as well as reception at Full Sail University. I can honestly say there are skills I have learned that I never thought would be so powerful. My communication skills have truly grown and it is in part because of my great supervisor who has coached me well. I really learned how it can be challenging to work with other personalities on a team but also so much fun.
Pros
Free candy
Cons
Unorganized and usually doing multiple jobs outside of the job description
Fun working environment that provides flexibility
Online Enrollment Sr. Guide (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMarch 23, 2017
The culture of Full Sail is great. In my time here I have advanced in my professionalism, training and management skills. The most enjoyable part of my day is having a wonderful team and helping students advance their education.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Full Sail University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2