Full Sail University

Full Sail University Employee Reviews in United States

This was a great learning experience with a fun and engaging environment.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 27, 2016
To start off with, this was an internship so there was no payment, just additional learning. Basically the work day would be coming in for a meeting once a week. Though you had the option to visit the teacher's classes during the week so you can learn more. You were also able to get more critiques during this time.
Review
Online Financial Aid Student Advisor (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMay 26, 2016
Not enough pay, if you are not a favorite here, you will not get anywhere. They have good benefits and paid holidays, and the gift days are a nice bonus during Christmas and New Years. Otherwise, they do no take concerns seriously. Pay is not good enough for the work load.
Private University
Full Time Student (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 15, 2016
Great School teachers are awesome and will work with you hand in hand until you understand exactly what is going on. Labs are very knowledgable to students no slack is given.
Best Place I ever worked
Online Admissions Guide (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMay 9, 2016
Full Sail has a wonderful culture. You adopt a work family that is there to help support you through everything. A wonderful, fun and amazing environment.
They do a great job of hiring amazing people. I love the people I work with.
Online Enrollment Guide (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMay 3, 2016
A typical day at work involves a lot of time on the phone speaking with our online students helping them secure funding and assisting with the enrollment process.

I have learned a ton during my time there. I've had to pleasure to serve in several roles within the last five years.

Our Team Leaders are compassionate, fun and serve as more than just mentors.

All of my co-workers are simply amazing. We have a lot of laughs.

The hardest part of my job is how many hours I have to put in and managing the work load, which is simply too much. My department is currently understaffed.

The most enjoyable part of my job is serving our students and being surrounded by such amazing colleagues.
Pros
Management encourages movement and promotions within the company.
Typical day at work
Student (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLApril 29, 2016
Basically typical day at work for me would be working on whatever had to and showing what has to be showed to get the task done.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Fun Culture
Inbound Support (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLApril 4, 2016
Inbound calls and constantly helping out with other departments with small tasks i.e. outbound projects. Fun culture depending on the department you go into.
Enjoyable
Enrollment Guide (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 31, 2016
Stayed with company for 7 years plus. Worked in financial aid. President is friendly. Descent health package. Offers 401K. Family oriented company. Pretty flexible schedule. Offers free week vacation during winter break, in lieu of Christmas bonus.
Recommended.
Love This place
Dub Stage Intern/Student Event Crew Memebr (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLMarch 10, 2016
This has been an amazing ride hear at Full Sail University the entire staff and people who surround it are all amazing. I am glad I was a part of this organization.
Coordination Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 29, 2016
Full Sail University is just how they portrey themselves to be. I was both a student and an employee. The work environment is fast paste and fun, there are great people where-ever you turn
fun learning oriented.
Intern in Character Animation (Former Employee) –  winterpark FlFebruary 19, 2016
i had great instructors and mentors. the working environment is very learning oriented but not overwhelming. the staff was very helpful and respectful at all times.
Beautiful Environment
Course Director (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLFebruary 17, 2016
Full Sail is a wonderful place to work and learn while you teach. Never stop learning and growing is what they stand for. I like the environment very much.
Work-study Library Clerk
Library Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJanuary 29, 2016
I was given the privilege of doing my homework during job downtime. This was a good job overall; great people and great culture.
Great team
Co - Designer (Former Employee) –  OnlineJanuary 21, 2016
Class project in School, with a team of five people over the course of 4 months. The team planned and created a small simple game using the knowledge that we had learned during while attending College.
Highly energetic surroundings
Student Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJanuary 20, 2016
Although the staff was energetic and knowledge, the opportunity for advancement is limited. The school runs 24 hours a day, so the shifts are extremely long, and the breaks are very limited.
Good for being able to gain money and do work for the school
Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJanuary 11, 2016
The position was good because I was able to do class work while I had a lab open. I was able to help other people if they needed a critique or help on a project.
Less Than Meets the Eye
Studio Artist (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLDecember 18, 2015
This company is a travesty. The upper management doesn't seem to know how to make decisions that don't affect the employee base negatively. They also don't seem to have education s their highest priority. Promotions are few and far between, even when many people leave, their roles are not re-filled. Management doesn't seem to care about personal convictions and working with individuals when difficult times come. They charge a high price to students and this does not translate to a well oiled employee base. Bad managers flourish here and prey on their subordinates with no hope of support or repercussion. Fear of being let go is constant.
Amazing University
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLOctober 24, 2015
it is a Fun work environment. I worked for the Graduation Department Laison. Everyone is friendly and when it comes to working everybody is very concentrated on what they have to do.
Fun at first. Stressful later
Lab Specialist - Game Development Graphics Courses (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLOctober 15, 2015
Full Sail is a college that has it's heart in the right place, but it's priorities somewhere else. The main focus of my work was to assist student during the lab time after each lecture.
Productive, Exciting, Innovative
TOUR GUIDE (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLOctober 15, 2015
It is a great environment for students to learn the proper skills they need in order to excel in the entertainment industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Full Sail University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2