Full Sail University

Full Sail University Employer Reviews

great culture
Financial Aid COE Assessment Specialist (Current Employee), Winter Park, FLAugust 13, 2014
fun workplace but salary is not that great
People are nice and express themselves openly. advancing there seems that its among a close circle of friends.
Great Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Winter ParkJuly 31, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: the pay
Office manager for 6 departments and assisted 2 Financial Aid Assoc. Directors
Great experiences with great people
Student Project "SR-25" (Former Employee), Winter Park, FloridaJuly 25, 2014
Pros: great people, nice work environment
A typical day was waking up hours before whenever I had to be at the school where I would learn how to further my skills in 3D and sometimes 2D art. The instructors were all nice and awesome and their personalities were more that of friends rather than bosses. My colleagues were fun to work with and always made the day go by fast. The hardest part of – more... the job was having to work around a 24-hour schedule which wasn't bad at all but the most enjoyable part of all was seeing how much I improved day by day. – less
Productive and fun workplace at Full-Sail
A&R Student Chair Member (Former Employee), Winter Park, FLJuly 16, 2014
Assisted in office duties (Business)
Scouted new brands, artists and music
Reviewed Demo submissions and cover shows
Attended shows and maintained booking databases
Acted as a liaison between the A&R and Record Label
Executed contracts and communicated between artist and clients
Formed positive relationships directly with artists, songwriters, and producers.
Fun place for creatives not for serious careers
Admissions Team Leader (Military) (Former Employee), Winter Park, FLJuly 9, 2014
Great education, great product. Management is a little sloppy and reactive.
Great environment for teaching and learning
Studio Artist/Game Art Program (Former Employee), Winter Park, FLJune 5, 2014
Working with students has been one of the more rewarding experiences in my life. To see them from beginner to an advance level is very exciting to me. Full Sail has given me the opportunity to become a better artist as well as show others techniques in the field.
It has been an exciting path.
Financial Aid
Financial Aid Student Advisor (Current Employee), Winter Park, FloridaMay 20, 2014
Pros: great univeristy to work for.
Cons: drive to work.
I stay in contact with 500 plus students during there 4 year program. I answer phone calls, email, mail from states all across the United States.
Pleasant work environment/Office culture
Call & Data Representative (Former Employee), Winter Park, FLMay 16, 2014
Working at Full Sail University's Career Development Department was one of the best jobs I have ever had. The management was helpful, understanding, and easy to work with. Helping graduates find work was rewarding for me.
Best job I ever had.
Associate Course Director (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 10, 2014
Pros: extreme experience in dealing with all walks of life.
Cons: none.
Graduated from the school and within a year, I was Associate Course Director. I had the coolest boss and teaching students from nearly every part of the world was challenging and rewarding.
Indifferent
Education Department - Scheduling Administrator (Former Employee), Winter Park, FLMay 1, 2014
Pros: great community, awesome people
Cons: horrible management
This is a friendly place overall. The staff is great and you'll make some good friends.

However, the management (or lack thereof) is appalling. The Scheduling Manager was absent at least one day per week. She was often tardy or left early.

Full Sail runs on twelve month-long terms (Full Sail does not follow the traditional Spring/Summer/Fall term – more... schedule; they run on 28-day terms). Scheduling at Full Sail runs on a 9-week basis: 8 weeks prior to the term, 1 week after the beginning of the term. After being employed at Full Sail for 7 full weeks, we had yet to be trained for even 3 of those 9 weeks. I escalated the issue to the Director of Support Resources and nothing was done about it.

Their processes are incredibly archaic; the Scheduling Manager only knows how to copy/cut and paste. I attempted to use advanced Excel functions to make the processes more streamlined and was ignored until the last day of my 8th week; where she terminated me, saying, "this doesn't seem to be working out." – less
Best Buy work life.
Online Document Specialist (Current Employee), Winter Park, FLApril 25, 2014
Pros: healthcare, college assistence.
Cons: no job security, very fast paced, no time with family
Meet awesome people, great job to have while going to school/college.
My college experience at Full Sail University
Unit Production Manager (Heroes Once Were) (Former Employee), Winter Park, FLApril 15, 2014
For the past two years, I have gotten a chance to experience the world of Film making at Full Sail University. For several film projects, I have enjoyed being positioned at the Unit Production Manager (UPM). My job is to make sure the crew has all of the necessary paperwork to be put into the wrap book before we start shooting; I'm also in charge of – more... budgeting the production and making sure we have the right amount of petty cash. Each project that I have worked on, I liked how I got to work with new people to create an incredible short movie. – less
Volunteer Positions
Camera Operator: Behind the Scenes Tour (Former Employee), Winter Park, FLApril 1, 2014
All positions worked with Full Sail were volunteer positions during my time there.
Excellent learning environment
College Student (Former Employee), Winter Park, FLMarch 20, 2014
Pros: working with the studio equipment
Cons: no on campus gym or cafeteria
The most enjoyable part of being a student at Full Sail was that I was able to meet passionate people.
Great culture can be a bit clicky
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 16, 2014
Wonderful culture the management is very young could use more experience problem solving
I had a really nice view from my desk
Customer Service / Admissions Control (Former Employee), Seminole, FLFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: easy going work environment
I truly enjoyed helping potential students to attend Full Sail. I spoke with people all day and my co-workers were great. You basically managed yourself and I learned very good communication skills. I have to say there really was no hard part as I really enjoyed my time there.
Financial Aid File Administrator (Former Employee), Winter Park, FLFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: rate of pay
Managers are reliable and helpful. Work is easy to complete
Low pay with poor benefit package
Education Records Specialist (Current Employee), Winter Park, FLJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: fun coworkers, huge company christmas party, christmas bonus is 4 days of extra pto to use during the holidays
Cons: low wages, expensive benefits packages, poor management, for profit school
Full Sail University offers very low wages with very costly benefits packages.
Good Environment and friendly co-workers
Receptionist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: hour long lunches, two 15 minute breaks
Cons: payrate, scheduling
It is a fun place to work and the co-workers are quite nice. The office Christmas party is pretty legendary. The only thing wrong was the pay rate as a Receptionist.
Wonderful learning experience
Digital Media Technician (Former Employee), Winter Park, FLDecember 10, 2013
Pros: good pay, traveling and lecturing
Cons: lab time could be boring, fullsail on tour setup very phsyical with long hours
Enjoyed my time as Lab Assistant and Digital Media Tech. Learned the reality behind the entertainment industry.

1 2 3

About Full Sail University

Over the past 30 years, Full Sail University has built a reputation as one of the premier art, music, and film schools in the – Read more