Full Spectrum Laser Employee Reviews

Awesome opportunity, great experience
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 13, 2017
Working at Full Spectrum has been a great experience for me. I love the hours and that it is such a short commute from my house. On a typical day I get to speak with many different people in many different industries so every day is different. I will say that the sales job is for self-starters, you have to be motivated to achieve consistent results. I would recommend this company because I think that the products are awesome and working with lasers is FUN! Plus the commission potential is very realistic which is not the case with a lot of sales jobs, especially in Las Vegas.
Pros
Good work/life balance, health benefits, paid vacation, discounts on equipment, pot lucks
Cons
Can't work remote, no covered parking, rapid growth sometimes long term projects get put on back burner for more important immediate tasks
A great opportunity in any department at many levels
HR Manager/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 12, 2017
This company is growing, if you expect someone to bring you your coffee, this is not the right place for you.

If you want to be part of the growth, work hard and be a part of a productive team, yes we will celebrate the success every step of the way.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
Covered parking would be great
Great Place To Work
Temporary Graphic Design Intern (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 12, 2017
I loved working here! The experience was unlike any other I have received as an employee. They want you to always be creative and moving forward. They listen to you as an employee and really want to know what your suggestions and ideas are. Being around this technology as well is also a great thing. I really enjoy it.
Pros
-Everyone is happy to be here, The hustle and bustle from everyone is great, Work enviroment is positive almost always, always have water coffee etc
Cons
None I can think of
a company wanting to improve
Lead Material Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 12, 2017
They are always trying to improve. Lots of freedom given in the workplace. Little to no company culture at this point. Hardest part is being heard among management. Management needs to work harder for their employees and give the ideas of subordinates a fair chance.
Pros
Freedom to work as you please. Interesting work. Always trying to improve. Free stuff, use of facilities, etc...
Cons
Tough to get your ideas seriously considered by management sometimes.
Fun job, bad experience
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 23, 2016
The technology part of this company is fascinating. The The management for the company is not sophisticated. However the company's management is improving. There are things need to be improved about management and worker satisfaction about their job. Many workers work in the company has no feeling of job security.
beware 5 star reviews are fake
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 3, 2016
Bias (internally generated) positive reviews, so beware.

Co. is having a morale problem and turnover is rampant. There is no investment in equipment and the benefits are lame. Disconnect between management and employees.
Unprofessional Management
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 22, 2016
The people that are placed in management positions have no idea what they are doing. They are disrespectful and unprofessional. Yes, you get free soda and Ramen noodles and they will order pizza about once a month for the employees, however it does not make up for the way employees are treated here. This job is a great resume filler, yes, but that is it. Promotions are not awarded often. Raises are not common either. I never even received a 90-day review after having asked for it twice. I was there for over 8 months. There are no company sponsored ski trips or outings. And the "world class" PhD experts are some of the hardest people I have ever had to work with. You will not get a say or an opinion in anything you do. You will be made to feel like a complete idiot if you have an idea about something. The company does whatever they can to pinch pennies which includes selling refurbished items to customers as new product. If you are lucky enough to get a desk you will be thrown into a small room with as many people and desks crammed into it as possible. Supplies are nearly impossible to obtain, I had to bring my own from home and occasionally buy my own as well. Upper management lacks basic communication skills among each other, because if this it takes much longer than it should to complete projects and tasks, and usually if its not done it will fall back on you somehow anyway.
Lots of room to move up the ladder
Technical Sales (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 22, 2015
Best thing about the company is that it provides for large amounts of internal advancement. Started out min wage in assembly and moved up to be in technical sales making great money. I worked 3 other jobs during my career and I was never allowed to different positions because I didn't have a college career. At this company, they judged me only on what I did.

Good opportunity to work with passionate staff that care about the products as well as interact with customers that tell us how the products I sold them has allowed them quit their day job and run their own business changing their life.

Paid holidays, good health/dental, 401k benefits and no pressure to work overtime.
Pros
raises
Cons
far from my house
Laser Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  Las VegasJuly 22, 2015
Nice air conditioned assembly counters - beats working in unconditioned warehouse.

Free soda/snacks everyday and pizza on Fridays.

Received multiple promotions for higher pay over time. Stable job, worked here for 5 years.
Pros
stable, good benefits
Cons
An excellent place to develop and work
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 22, 2015
I started out as a fresh undergrad knowing nothing as an intern at FSL and ended up as a lead engineer. Company is full of world class PhD experts that know what they are doing and train you to do something useful to help grow as an engineer. Company treats employees well with company sponsored ski trips and outings. Starting salary was low but advancement was provided and I made a very competitive salary quickly after I started doing useful work.
Pros
free drinks
Unprofessional
Creative Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 4, 2014
Unfair compensation and disrespectful work environment.

Bad business ethics, with poor customer service. Utter disregard from the CEO and wife for anyone's well-being or labor law.