Full Steam Staffing

Full Steam Staffing United States Employee Reviews

Steady work.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Chino, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: steady work.
Cons: most of warehouse is temporary employees
While working for 16 and a half month I worked on one assignment the entire time. Receiving to promotions and raises. I worked in quality control an order pulling. My last position was shipping/ receiving clerk. I operate double pallet jacks and sit down forklift.
Company is unorganized, displays poor leadership
Materials Handler Specialist (Current Employee), Suwannee, GAJanuary 25, 2015
Cons: short breaks, poor scheduling, poor leadership
This is geared more towards people who are only seeking something (strictly) temporary, this is definitely not something from temp to perm. The leadership is unaware of the needs of the employees and what it takes to run a smooth operation. There is an unclear division between the facility management and the onsite staffing agency. Extreme high rate of turn over. There is no system for proper training.
There is not much room for growth due to this company lacking basic essentials(proper job training, performance expectations, explanation of rules and regulations, poor leadership planning, poor morale, no present company culture) leadership is more interested in discipline and employment seperagtion than in training and growth.
impersonal and unfair
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Nazareth, PAOctober 12, 2014
I spent my time entering data into the computer to track what was received into the warehouse. I did not like working here, because the other staff were unhelpful and judgemental. They wanted everything done by a certain time, and were understanding that it was impossible when the stock persons brought the paperwork to me half hour before my shift was to end. also, if i asked a question, i got yelled at and a manager actually cursed at me. I went to talk to higher management and they were also unhelpful.
Office Assistant
Fresh Office Clerk (Former Employee), Stockton, CASeptember 29, 2014
I learn 3 different system. One System was 988 Receiving truck driver, entering data in the computer, Printing Orders, filing, answering call. Second System was 989, prepared the store for Trade Joe’s and processing Bill of Ladings. The third system is to take manifest out for the entire store.
Productive and Potential Growth
Data Entry (Former Employee), Ontario, CAAugust 19, 2014
Pros: bonuses for being on work every single day
Cons: lunches and breaks were violated
A typical day at work is very busy. I learned data entry and about logistics. Management there was poor. Co-workers were treated unfairly. The hardest part of my job was doing my job no matter what and not being appreciated for it. The most enjoyable part of the job was being there and putting my best into it.
Productive and fun place to work- fast pace
On-Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJune 17, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: a temp position
Reviewing attendance, payroll, and performance evaluations. Communication on completing orders for different depts. and daily meeting on productivity.
What I've learned is multitasking and time mgmt
Constant communication
Professional and fun to work with
Trying to do many tasks at the same time
The most enjoyable is communicating and helping employees with any concerns.
Full steam staffing
Fruit Picker (Former Employee), Merced, CAApril 9, 2014
I have work this job almost few months it was fun and everything I had to stay in line to pick out the dirt off the fruit and send the good one to the store after they were clean and box.
Hard work and commitment could one day lead to advancment
Freight Loader (Former Employee), Lacey, WAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: sizable break room, great pay
Cons: unorganized managment
Great company, when I started they were a brand new warehouse opening in the area so all the management was new, all the equipment was new, everything was new. The downside of new management is that nobody knew what they were doing, instead of fixing a good idea to make it more productive they just changed everything and tried something new, and that made it hard for the new people working to keep up and learn what they needed to to keep the company smooth and even flowing. A typical work day consisted of stress with falling behind and having late trucks because pallets weren't being prepared on time. I learned great multi tasking skills, team building exercises, I worked on a team of 6 or 7 people every day so my co workers were great, we were more like brothers if anything. The hardest part of the job was needing other people to do their job so that I could do mine which wasn't always easy when pallets didn't get built on time. The most enjoyable part was going home everyday with a steady paycheck and the knowledge that I'd done a good solid days work.
good
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee), Stockton, CAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: good
Cons: good
Assembling frames for Nissan and Dodge car products. Working on the spot weld machinery, meeting production standards, standing for long periods and working 10 hour shift or more as needed. Help assist with new training procedures with the new potential candidates, keeping work station clean daily
Fast friendly enviroment.
General Labor (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: get you employed immediatly
Cons: very speedy. not much talking or explaining. they choose were u work.
I enjoyed working for Full Steam Staffing, they landed me a job in one day. They are a superb employment agency. Im planning to return in the future so Full Steam can land me good job with hours that anyone can work with. Did i mention it was full time too? As a matter of fact they did land me a full time job. Hard labor but its worth it.
Overall Review
Staffing Supervisor/Recruiter/Payroll/Admin (Former Employee), Merced CA 95348January 22, 2014
Supervised the Merced branch had amazing co workers, wonderful environment.
Working Graveyard shift can be fun
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAJanuary 1, 2014
Working a forklift reach machine is another art to pratice every day, Safety is the main idea while operating that machine. Management can be confusing especially when they speak another language so you use something like sign-language and you quickly learn or get a translation. A distribution center means teamwork with whatever crew you work with. The hardest park can be getting others to be on "the team". The most enjoyable part is when we all finish the daily routine ahead of time.
Unprofessional, Uninterested in the worker
fork lift (Former Employee), StocktonNovember 16, 2013
Cons: everything from the time i walked in the door
The experience of getting in the door was a terrible one. From the get go they were unsympathetic and did not care how much I needed a job. They only accept applications 2 hours a day Monday thru Thursday NO EXCEPTIONS. Would take a 2.50 an hour cut in pay over last job. Have been looking for work for 3 months now-will keep looking. Thanks but no thanks!
Productive and good work place ethic
Production worker (Former Employee), Atwater, CANovember 7, 2013
Pros: friendly supervisor and co-workers
Cons: it was a seasonal job. i would have liked it to be a permanent job.
Through Full Steam Staffing I worked in a production company where a work day was an average of nine hours and would start around 6am. I worked in different areas of the company where I was working at depending on the work availability. Some work days I worked in the freezer department packaging frozen diced peaches and strawberries, or cleaning around the production area, or sealing in bags and packaging peach puree. While working with this company I learned how to operate the puree juice filler machine, and was learning how to drive a forklift. Management was productive and friendly. Each day I would call in for work they were kind and if there was no work available they would call if an opening came up. I got a long with my co-workers well. We didn't talk much while working but during break and lunch we spoke and I made some friends. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to operate the puree filler machine and being in charge of filling the bags and containers. Learning how to drive a forklift was good too but I did not operate the forklift as often as I would have liked.
Full Steam Staffing
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Watsonville, CAAugust 8, 2013
I was put to work in a factory that was well suited to my schedule.
Convenient Location
Office Coordinator/Recruiter (Former Employee), Passaic, NJJuly 6, 2013
Pros: learned something new
Cons: no organization
On the good side I learned to use Nova time Payroll System.

On the negative side; there is no team work or cooperation from the co-workers, lack of organization, no responsibility on contracts and agreements.

But every experience is good to grow and teach us something new for the next time.
Good place to start out
Product Handler (Former Employee), Merced, CAJune 14, 2013
Pros: no set schedules
Cons: no guaranteed work
The typical day working for full steam staffing is hard. Hard labor. a lot of sweating and back work. fast paced work with a lot of heavy lifting.
Very Productive and Enjoyable.
General Labor/Warehouse (Current Employee), Ontario, CAMay 14, 2013
Pros: extra overtime, excellent lunch room
Cons: management
A typical day at work we start off in the morning with a meeting with The company just them letting us know about whats going on and what not. After that we go to the Lead for our order sheet/order scan sticker, it depends because we do orders manually or through scan system. I am in the bread department so the main orders me & my co-workers pick is bread, on most days its really hard especially on holidays. My co-workers are really friendly that is what makes the job really enjoyable, of course i have my bad days but who doesn't?

I've Learned a lot through this job, things like working a scan system which i have never learned through previous jobs. i also learned how to improve in areas where i lack in, its just simple things.
Management could be better i always goto them with my problems and i never get a clear answer or a solution.
warehouse work, safe, productive, and dependent.
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Stockton, CAFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: expirience
Everyday was a good day working for Full Steam Staffing at Trader Joe's company warehouse. While at work I learned to operate the forklift , the electric pallet jack, and the clamp. My responsibilities where to safely, accuratly count, stack, product into flat bed trailers. Unloading trailers was also a task as well as maintaining a clean work site. My co-workers were all friendly and always on task. The hardest part of my job would be Mondays, nobody likes Mondays. My strong point in the job was being able to finish the job well done.
Fun
Sr. On-Site Manager (Current Employee), Stockton,CAFebruary 27, 2013
Took 95% of my time, i was very loyal but at the end, i was laid off. Very Sad, but i hold no regrets.

About Full Steam Staffing

Full Steam Staffing is a full-service staffing agency focused on providing clerical and light industrial staffing solutions to – Read more

Full Steam Staffing Salaries