Fuller Theological Seminary Employee Reviews

Fuller Seminary Office of Admissions
Admissions Liaison (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 26, 2016
Working in the office of Admissions at Fuller Seminary has been very rewarding. Working here has equipped me with the skills to be able to thrive in any working environment. Though I have only been in this position for a few months, the goals I have achieved and the lessons I have learned have impacted my professional development tremendously.
Cons
It's a Work-Study position, so my hours are limited.
Team supportive enviornment
International Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 9, 2016
Work 10/hours a week.
I have learned that serving theological students help me grow personal interpersonal gift to create safe space for those who are in need.
The enjoyable part of job was chaplain members are all different ethnicities so that we learn each other's cultures and uniqueness.
Pros
strong team under supervison
Cons
difficult to reach other seminary students.
Supportive and flexible work environment
Event Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 17, 2015
I enjoyed collaborating with coworkers. Creative and diverse tasks. Each day brought new challenges and opportunities to be resourceful and problem solve.
Benefits
Cons
No job security
Excellent Job Culture, Great Holiday Benefits
Project Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 17, 2015
I have worked at Fuller for 4 years and running. I love my coworkers and my bosses. They are incredible and inspiring. This is part of the reason why it is difficult to leave.

Unfortunately, I am over qualified for the jobs that I am asked to do. The pay is commensurate to what is expected, and the holidays (at least 12+ paid holidays) are unbeatable (We've had paid Fridays off during the summer for the past two years).

The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know the students and faculty and interacting with them on a daily basis. This is also the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Great holiday pay, superb management, good support
Cons
no room for advancement
Largest evangelical seminary in the world
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 20, 2014
Fuller is, a the title suggests, the largest evangelical Christian seminary in the world. Now, given, that doesn't necessarily say much, when the field is as small as it is for graduate and post-graduate level theological education, but it is something. The seminary tries to encourage all of their employees, even a simple part-time, work-study library assistant like me, to do things to become, and/or stay healthy in all areas of life. The library is a relaxed place to work, and my direct manager is one of the better ones I have had the pleasure to work with. My co-workers are friendly and help each other when necessary/ possible, so the environment is pleasant.

The hardest part is the monotony factor, because it is literally doing the same thing day after day.

The best part of the job is the scheduling flexibility, since I am also a masters' student at Fuller.
Great co-worker environment
Coordinator for Crosscultural Placement (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 4, 2013
Although this is a great institution with a great culture, the opportunities for advancement are not tangible nor available.
Fun place to work while studying there as well.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 24, 2012
Depends on the job you have, but I interacted with students on a daily basis and really enjoyed it.