Fulton County DFCS Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Management needs to appreciate employees
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2017
The job itself is great if you love helping others. However, the expectations are unrealistic. Poor management. Enjoyed helping others. Needs change. Caseloads were ridiculous & unrealistic at times. There needs to be some type of morale to let the employees know that their hard work & dedication is appreciated.
Pros
Helping Others
Child Welfare
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAJanuary 2, 2017
Fulton Co. DFCS is an agency that is committed to helping the families to succeed (foster care). Working in the foster care department is very emotional because it deals with the children. There is not a balance between life and job work because the job is not a 9-5 job. There are not many opportunities for advancement. You are placed where there is the greatest need; foster care/placement.
Working in my own space
Medicaid Eligibility Specialist Intake/Ongoing (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 8, 2014
My typical day was meeting different people and serving them with what I was able to do to meet that need. I learned that no matter what your past history, you can get a second chance. The management were previous case managers,so they understood the job and could relate to the different issues that were faced as being a case manager. I enjoyed working with the veteran workers because they taught us a lot on how to handle difficult issues and situations. The hardest part of my job was visiting with clients in the facilities or homes where there was limited necessities and hearing a client having to make a choice on rather to buy food or get prescriptions.
I just enjoy working with people.
Pros
Company functions
Cons
high turnover rate
great start for a college grad
Social Services Abuse and Neglect Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 10, 2014
This is a good place to start for a college graduate to gaincase management experience.
Na
Economic Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2014
It use t be a great agency to work for, not so much now due to changing management and different agendas
Place of Peace and Productivity
MES/Medicaid Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norcross, Ga.November 13, 2013
Great place to work, but the pay is very low for what we do. But the joy of helping the children and parents that need and pretty much rely on this program, is priceless.
Excellent Organization that provide assistance to needy families
Family Independence Case Manager I I (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAOctober 18, 2013
Provide outstanding customer service to families in need. Friendly co-workers and supervisor that share the same mission of the agency. My most enjoyable part of the job was helping families become self-sufficient.
Provide clerical support for Employment Services Section county TANF staff
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 9, 2012
On a typical day provide support to TANF staff providing benefits to Fulton County residences apply for TANF, Food Stamps and Medicaid benefits. In a fast pace work environment, adapting and adjusting to a hectic work atmopshere which involved screening customer for eligibility for benefits, independently working the front desk and office answering question regards customers benefits and eligibility and directing customer to proper resources, data entry of customer application for eligibility for benefits. For the most part the jotb was not difficult, it was adapting to the various customers and the constant flowing of high volume of customers coming into the office on a daily. For me ensuring the our customer received the best customer service to make sure that the families in Fulton County received the benefits they were eligible for.
Pros
no weekends, vacation time, lunch break, working independently
Cons
sometimes hectic work environment because of high volume of customers and short staff
Great Entry-Level Job
Medicaid Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 8, 2012
Great job to obtain when just graduating from college. Benefits are OK for what they are. You get most holidays off. Job comes with a flexible schedule.
Nice and quite environment to work in.
Clerical Assistance (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 25, 2012
filing papers for the case workers
learned how to organized a case record, and to put them in alphabetical order.
overall the work is ok.