Fulton County Schools

Fulton County Schools Employer Reviews

Very difficult place to work.
HR - Professional Asst. III - Talent Division (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 31, 2014
Management is bias, atmosphere is extremely sterile, and co-workers are fearful of losing their jobs on a daily basis. A place where any day could be your last. I learned how not to treat employees, implement effective and efficient processes, and motivate staff through coaching and mentor activities.
productive and fun place to work with students and colleagues
Special Education Paraprofessional (Former Employee), College Park, GAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: helping students learn way to manage in everyday life
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work is working with my special needs students in classroom, PE and getting lunches for 10 students along with remembering their locker numbers. I have learned to multi task with a larger number of students and meeting their needs. My management and coworker were a pleasure to work with as becoming a family away from home. The hardest – more... part of the job was not being able to meet one of my students needs because it was beyond my control. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the students were able to relax and enjoy themselves through music. – less
Healthy work environment with supportive coworkers and enthusiastic students.
Teacher (Former Employee), Sandy Springs, GAOctober 22, 2014
I loved the time I worked for Fulton County Schools at Riverwood High school. It was a great experience and I made life long friends and mentors.
Enjoyable working with children
Kindergarten Paraprofessional (Former Employee), College Park, GAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: in-service lunches
I spent my day working with a kindergarten class teaching them the alphabet and working on writing assignments. Occasionally we would do craft projects that we could learn from. For the most part I felt like a babysitter but the job became gratifying as the year came to a close. The children's progress became abundantly clear which made all the difference.
Productive and fun place to work.
Special Education School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: free computer for use and exercise macgines.
Cons: great health benefits.
It was a great pleasure working with Fulton Schools for all those years and i appreciate everything that was done to improve my skills and my growth in general as a person.
general upkeep
Custodian2 (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2014
maintain the evertday need of the office dusting moping and any general cleaning
Have to love children to work at Fulton Scools.
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Fairburn, GAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: career based for those who love working with children
Cons: the salary do not match what you have to go through.
Fulton County School System is a wonderful place to work. This is a very professional place to work.
i already gave a review for this county
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2014
I enjoy some aspects of it. it can be your typical job environment.
This job is great for a family orientated lifestyle.
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2014
Pros: pay
Ensuring the safe travels of the children and the comfortability of the parents.
Fulton County school system is a great place to work.
Guidance Counselor/ Teacher (Current Employee), North AtlantaJuly 19, 2014
Pros: fulton county schools is an excellent place to work and grow
Cons: check and balance in hiring process needs improvement.
As an educator of Fulton county schools, you are strongly encouraged to advance your education. Often the education comes to you in the form of required workshops, presenters being both internally and externally facilitators. Additionally, Faculty members are financially compensated for advance degrees.
I have grown tremendously in my field as an educator – more... during my employment at Fulton County Schools. Three areas of growth that I cherish most are the opportunities to work with a diverse group of students and parents (diverse ethnicity, economic statues, as well as urban and suburban youths), exposure to many styles of teaching, and experiencing numerous effective strategies resulting in higher student achievement.
My employment at Fulton County has been good. I have experienced much and grown tremendously. I look forward to transitioning into other areas.
Fulton County school system is a great place to work. The population of students mirrors the U.S.A demographics/diverse ethnicity. – less
Stable, fun place to work
Risk Management/Data Clerk (Current Employee), College Park, GAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: work schedule same as school schedule
Cons: work through the summer break
Data entry of all student accidents throughout Fulton Co School. That includes Elementary, Middle and High Schools. I didn't realize that there are accidents/incidents with students on a daily basis. While most of them are minor, it can be a lot in depth questions and accountability. It is very interesting to see the different accidents/incidents being – more... reported. I enjoy my working environment here at the Operations center along with my co workers. – less
Team oriented workplace, student interaction, duties- lunch, bus
Media Paraprofessional (Former Employee), Fairburn, GAJune 16, 2014
Pros: working hours, paid holidays and summers.
Cons: paid monthly
A typical day at work included morning car rider duty, or breakfast duty & Large/Small group instruction. What I learned was how to be a team player, multi-task and computer learning curve. The hardest part of the job was listening to disrespectful students converse between one another. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping students achieve.
Working at Fulton Schools was a very fast pace environment. Multitasking was one of my best skills used. Occassionally, I substituted for teachers.
Parent Liaison (Former Employee), Sandy Springs, GAMay 28, 2014
Pros: i helped them to obtain free lunch programes through the use of title i funds, if they could not afford lunces.
Cons: i had very short breaks to work with, often overseeing lunch room for classes.
The most exciting thing about the Parent Liaison position was that I had the opportunity to teach parents how to help their children become better students, by providing the resources like books, counseling classes, health and educational facilities which created a better way of life for their home and school environment.
The hardest part of the job – more... was keeping the books up to date. The Title I book consisted of all the activities that I provided for the families and the ones that the school provided, like Science Workshops for the children. Every Workshop I conducted had to be recorded in the book because Title I would review the book quarterly to ensure that the services which they funded were being provided .
Every activity had to be recorded very timely.
The most enjoyable part of the job was facilitating, providing training, and refreshments for the parents and often the children who interacted with their parents during the meetings. I loved helping the parents and sometimes counseling them about their children. – less
A good place to start your educational career
Curriculum Support Teacher (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 13, 2014
I have enjoyed my time at Fulton County Schools. I was able to progress from a classroom teacher to a teacher leader. I loved the school that I was assigned to and learned a great deal about working with different types of parents, staff members and students.
Productive and Intelligent Children
Paraprofessional (Current Employee), East Point, GAApril 24, 2014
Learn something everyday, even when you are the teacher. Great Staff, and support system.
Great place to work...
Data Support Specialist- (School Administrator) (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2014
As Data Support Specialist I provided sound instructional leadership practices. My skill set purposely exploited and induced the use of formative and summative datasets to prioritized instruction and sound decision making for instructional/achievement gap closure. I’ve led professional learning communities, trained teachers on various curricula, instructional – more... best practices, data analysis, and proper use of assessments. I’ve conducted formal and informal teacher evaluations, and organized multiple initiatives to assure student success, such as peer tutoring, afterschool and before school support, and goal setting. I have evaluated past program effectiveness, gave suggestions and implemented actionable steps and budget alignment – less
It was once agreat plact to work.
Elementary Teacher (Former Employee), College Park, GAMarch 11, 2014
I use to enjoy going to work. There was a atmosphere of family and children came first. There was caring as an integral part of the school fabric. The district has changed.
Fun,exciting job
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 3, 2014
I loved to see the children faces every morning. Great boss. Independent work
A fun environment, collaborated with other teachers
Pre-K Teacher (Former Employee), College Park, GADecember 13, 2013
Pros: healthcare, retirement plan, making a difference in a child's life
Cons: often skip lunches because there was not enough staff to cover the time out of the room
I enjoyed working for Fulton County Schools but I was getting tired of teaching in the public sector. My day consisted of breakfast for students, circle time, center time rotation, table activity observation and data collection for each student, potty training, sensory breaks, lunch, nap time, story time and group reading, snack time and computer time. – more... Over time, I have learned far more from my students than they have learned from me. My immediate co-worker was very creative and skilled in special needs special needs students. We learned from each other, shared curriculum and theme ideas and was a great sounding board for me. The hardest part of my job is creating and maintaining individualized educational plans on each student culminating with a meeting with parents, specialized personnel and administrative support. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the smile upon a child's face after they have finally made an accomplishment in an area of learning that was difficult for them. – less
fun to work
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GeorgiaNovember 6, 2013
Pros: smiling faces from the kids and staff
Cons: short hours part time work
a typical day at work is enjoyable
what I learned is kids are a joy to work with
management is good
my co-workers understand the importance of their jobs
the hardest part of the job not working a full 40 hour week
the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing that kids arrive at school safely and back home safely.