Fulton County Schools Employee Reviews

Very good place to learn
Assistant Principal (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2016
I have learned so much about instruction in an inner city environment. Working here has also given me the chance to experience in, and engage in the charter process.
Math instructor
High School math instructor (Former Employee) –  East Point, GANovember 6, 2015
I taught pre-algebra to 9th-12th graders. I learned that students cannot be rushed into learning mathematics, just as I was not rushed. I also learned the importance of reflecting upon previously taught material before proceeding into new material.
Pros
small classes
Cons
dark, windowless, classrooms
Understaffed and underappreciated
Nutrition Worker (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GANovember 1, 2015
I worked 30 hours per week, understaffed and short of staff everyday. Red tape state so I documented everything. I was a regular Nutritionist, but done the work of a Production manager and some of my Manager's work. My job entitled me to work well with others, collect and count all money, cook and serve food daily for 1,000+ students and staff. But everyday I would find myself going above the call of duty. I performed my manager's job duties after one year of service with her. The environment I worked in was stressful, unorganized, and fast paced. Throughout it all I can say that I learned more than my other colleagues whom was there between 5-15 years prior to me. Because, I worked fast and completed every task that was handed my way I found myself doing other staff members work. Although, I would never like to work for this company again I can honestly say I learned the true meaning of teamwork. Because when you are doing majority of it all you realize if someone is doing 40 percent of it makes a difference. My co-workers were the best part of the day, although they couldn't complete as much work as I could they were there to encourage you you whenever you need it.
Pros
pleasant co-workers
Cons
Always Short of staff
Productive and fun
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 22, 2015
I enjoyed working with the students and fellow teachers alike, the rewards of educating the students were the best. The teachers were nice and helpful.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
I miss this position
Enjoy my experience with the students; teachers are very appreciative to substitutes
Substitute Teacher K-5 (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 12, 2015
The administrative staff is willing to assist in any way needed. It is important to know you have the support of the staff when working with the students.
Pros
Good support
Benefits
Productive and fun work place
SQL Server Developer /SSIS/SSRS Developer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 5, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. I enjoyed working with my colleagues and sharing the knowledge.i took up different varities projects in my stay with FCS
Fun and outgoing work enviornment
Assistant Food Service Worker Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 27, 2015
While this company was supportive of their employees they were way behind in the concept of work life balance especially considering most of their employees were single mothers trying to get back in the work force. And they offer little to no chance for advancement.
IT Support
Office 365 Deployment Administrator (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 4, 2015
ensuring that users were converted from office 2010 over to office 2013
ensuring that users properly knew how to use the O365 applications and were able to navigate through the application
Imaged machines that were outdated and ensuring that all data was properly moved
Very few negative experiences
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJuly 19, 2015
As a substitute teacher I was able to travel to many schools in the County and worked with others across all grade levels as well as administration. Fulton County staff really does care about its students. The students are the aspect of this particular position that could be challenging.
Pros
as a parent I was able to experience a day in the life of a teacher
Cons
daily available positions weren't guaranteed
A joyous place to work.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2015
The pay is okay, but it could be better, and they should offer health benefits, however they do give you retirement. The schedule is very flexible, as you pretty much choose your schedule, and the staff at every school I have worked for are very helpful.
Pros
flexibility, teaching experience
Cons
no healthcare
My most challenging endeavor
Mathematics Teacher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2015
Not having an education background, stepping into this classroom was by far my most challenging endeavor. I taught 5 classes with at least 30 students each.
Leadership, Management, Self -Starter, Outgoing and Persistent
Substitute Teacher/Front Office Assistance (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 13, 2015
Because I wear different hats on my varies jobs I will start with Substitute Teaching and Front Office. A typical day working in education for the front office environment would be making copies, sending faxes, emails and greeting parents and visitors. Working closely with Administration. The ability to manage a complex office environment fro effectiveness and efficiency As a teacher I would use strong verbal and written communication skills, and demonstrate safety and organizational skills. Work closely, cooperatively and amicably with all staff members. Monitor and ensure appropriate students behavior and adherence to procedures and policy's.
Pros
The pros for working in the school system is the holidays and summer breaks.
Cons
The cons are not having stability in working and finance.
Fun job with bad management (BUS DRIVING)
Transportation Representative (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, georgiaJune 9, 2015
A typical day at work always interesting because you never know what to expect; from the different traffic patterns, to your interaction with children. I ultimately learned how to multitask, while paying close attention to detail.

Management was a revolving door, which resulted in miscommunication, and no clarity on what the expectations and consequences were. My co-workers were all amazing people. It was so rewarding to work around people who loved doing the same thing you were doing. It made it easy to share and learn from the people around you.

The hardest part of the job worrying about whether management would support you if an issue were to arise. Some people in higher positions would often hide or avoid doing there job if it seemed like a tough situation.The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the children you see everyday, and having Christmas break off to spend time with family.
Pros
Summers off, Enjoying the children
Cons
management
First teaching position
Kindergarten Exceptional Needs Teacher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 30, 2015
A typical workday is 645-5pm. Most days I end up taking work home with me. I have learned a lot of valuable tools and knowledge from working at Fulton county.
I love making a positive impact in the lives of my students.
Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  East Point, GAMay 19, 2015
A typical day at work for me is very rewarding, watching my students learn and grow from day to day throughout the school year.
Steady work
Substitute Teacher (K-12) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 10, 2015
Busy, active day supporting student learning. I have learned to manage effectively a classroom with up to 25 students. Most of the teachers care about their students. The hardest part of the job is lack of parent involvement. The most enjoyable part of the job is when students' develop an understanding as to how important an education will benefit them.
Peaceful environment.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 23, 2015
Great place to work. Plenty if growth is available, especially since the institution is growing. The staff is great, and provides a safe environment to work in.
Looking for a fulfilling perminent position
Substitute Teacher/ Substitute Employee (Current Employee) –  Atlanta surrounding areasApril 21, 2015
A typical day at work consists of exciting learning strategies that are geared towards the students success. I come into classrooms to help keep the learning process active while the regular teacher is out. My duties normally include following lesson plans, reading stories, providing feedback, and assisting students with any questions that arouse while they are working. I always keep the classroom in order and normally dont have any discipline issues. I look forward to coming to work each and everyday as a substitute teacher.
Pros
Seeing the students succeed is very rewarding.
Cons
Some students give up without even trying.
i have 8+ Years in Java Development
Sr. Java/J2EE Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 8, 2015
8+ years of IT experience in analysis, design, development and deployment of Client/Server enterprise/web, production support, n-tier distributed applications using core Java/J2EE technologies.
Current Superintendent is focused on hiring very young and inexperienced Principals and Assistant Principals to save money and gain raises for himself
Assistant Principal (Former Employee) –  Elementary SchoolApril 3, 2015
There is no appreciation for dedicated, committed individuals with longevity in the system. Veterans show loyalty, the current management does not.
Individuals in leadership roles with high performing records are being non-renewed.