Fulton County Schools

Fulton County Schools Employer Reviews

Fun job. Casual environment
Bookkeeper/Principal's Secretary (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: very close to home
Cons: was only a short term job
Lots of humor all day long made for a very productive and fun workday
taught special education
Instructional Support Teacher (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 12, 2015
I worked at Woodland High School in Eastpoint GA in 1986-87.
I worked at MD Collins High School in College Park GA from 1984-1986.
The best school system to work for
Data Entry Clerk/ Secretary (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 31, 2014
Its not APS, Clayton county, Henry or Cobb. Its Fulton county and it is wonderful...
Student Centered Middle School
English Teacher (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 2, 2014
Pros: summers off, long breaks
Cons: low pay, short lunches, long hours
Working as a teacher, you work for your students, as there is very little monetary gain in the profession. However, Teaching is very rewarding work. These rewards come at a hefty price. Often, I would work anywhere from 60-70 hours, arriving at school around 7 a.m and working until 6 p.m on-site and another 2-3 hours at home.

During the long days, you wear multiple hats, and as a result you gain and/or cultivate certain skills. In addition to the "teachery-skills," like grading, curriculum planning, lesson planning, behavior management, etc. you cultivate organization, account management, data collection and analysis, cross-curricular planning, presentation skills, and communication skills.

The best part of my job is being with my students and trouble-shooting a difficult passage or debating the cultural relevancy of an article. While the most difficult aspect is managing to plan and execute everything students need to be successful into a school day, when anything can happen.
Very difficult place to work.
HR - Professional Asst. III - Talent Division (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 31, 2014
Management is bias, atmosphere is extremely sterile, and co-workers are fearful of losing their jobs on a daily basis. A place where any day could be your last. I learned how not to treat employees, implement effective and efficient processes, and motivate staff through coaching and mentor activities.
productive and fun place to work with students and colleagues
Special Education Paraprofessional (Former Employee), College Park, GAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: helping students learn way to manage in everyday life
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work is working with my special needs students in classroom, PE and getting lunches for 10 students along with remembering their locker numbers. I have learned to multi task with a larger number of students and meeting their needs. My management and coworker were a pleasure to work with as becoming a family away from home. The hardest part of the job was not being able to meet one of my students needs because it was beyond my control. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the students were able to relax and enjoy themselves through music.
Healthy work environment with supportive coworkers and enthusiastic students.
Teacher (Former Employee), Sandy Springs, GAOctober 22, 2014
I loved the time I worked for Fulton County Schools at Riverwood High school. It was a great experience and I made life long friends and mentors.
Enjoyable working with children
Kindergarten Paraprofessional (Former Employee), College Park, GAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: in-service lunches
I spent my day working with a kindergarten class teaching them the alphabet and working on writing assignments. Occasionally we would do craft projects that we could learn from. For the most part I felt like a babysitter but the job became gratifying as the year came to a close. The children's progress became abundantly clear which made all the difference.
Productive and fun place to work.
Special Education School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: free computer for use and exercise macgines.
Cons: great health benefits.
It was a great pleasure working with Fulton Schools for all those years and i appreciate everything that was done to improve my skills and my growth in general as a person.
general upkeep
Custodian2 (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2014
maintain the evertday need of the office dusting moping and any general cleaning
Have to love children to work at Fulton Scools.
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Fairburn, GAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: career based for those who love working with children
Cons: the salary do not match what you have to go through.
Fulton County School System is a wonderful place to work. This is a very professional place to work.
i already gave a review for this county
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 28, 2014
I enjoy some aspects of it. it can be your typical job environment.
This job is great for a family orientated lifestyle.
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2014
Pros: pay
Ensuring the safe travels of the children and the comfortability of the parents.
Fulton County school system is a great place to work.
Guidance Counselor/ Teacher (Current Employee), North AtlantaJuly 19, 2014
Pros: fulton county schools is an excellent place to work and grow
Cons: check and balance in hiring process needs improvement.
As an educator of Fulton county schools, you are strongly encouraged to advance your education. Often the education comes to you in the form of required workshops, presenters being both internally and externally facilitators. Additionally, Faculty members are financially compensated for advance degrees.
I have grown tremendously in my field as an educator during my employment at Fulton County Schools. Three areas of growth that I cherish most are the opportunities to work with a diverse group of students and parents (diverse ethnicity, economic statues, as well as urban and suburban youths), exposure to many styles of teaching, and experiencing numerous effective strategies resulting in higher student achievement.
My employment at Fulton County has been good. I have experienced much and grown tremendously. I look forward to transitioning into other areas.
Fulton County school system is a great place to work. The population of students mirrors the U.S.A demographics/diverse ethnicity.
Stable, fun place to work
Risk Management/Data Clerk (Current Employee), College Park, GAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: work schedule same as school schedule
Cons: work through the summer break
Data entry of all student accidents throughout Fulton Co School. That includes Elementary, Middle and High Schools. I didn't realize that there are accidents/incidents with students on a daily basis. While most of them are minor, it can be a lot in depth questions and accountability. It is very interesting to see the different accidents/incidents being reported. I enjoy my working environment here at the Operations center along with my co workers.
Team oriented workplace, student interaction, duties- lunch, bus
Media Paraprofessional (Former Employee), Fairburn, GAJune 16, 2014
Pros: working hours, paid holidays and summers.
Cons: paid monthly
A typical day at work included morning car rider duty, or breakfast duty & Large/Small group instruction. What I learned was how to be a team player, multi-task and computer learning curve. The hardest part of the job was listening to disrespectful students converse between one another. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping students achieve.
Working at Fulton Schools was a very fast pace environment. Multitasking was one of my best skills used. Occassionally, I substituted for teachers.
Parent Liaison (Former Employee), Sandy Springs, GAMay 28, 2014
Pros: i helped them to obtain free lunch programes through the use of title i funds, if they could not afford lunces.
Cons: i had very short breaks to work with, often overseeing lunch room for classes.
The most exciting thing about the Parent Liaison position was that I had the opportunity to teach parents how to help their children become better students, by providing the resources like books, counseling classes, health and educational facilities which created a better way of life for their home and school environment.
The hardest part of the job was keeping the books up to date. The Title I book consisted of all the activities that I provided for the families and the ones that the school provided, like Science Workshops for the children. Every Workshop I conducted had to be recorded in the book because Title I would review the book quarterly to ensure that the services which they funded were being provided .
Every activity had to be recorded very timely.
The most enjoyable part of the job was facilitating, providing training, and refreshments for the parents and often the children who interacted with their parents during the meetings. I loved helping the parents and sometimes counseling them about their children.
A good place to start your educational career
Curriculum Support Teacher (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 13, 2014
I have enjoyed my time at Fulton County Schools. I was able to progress from a classroom teacher to a teacher leader. I loved the school that I was assigned to and learned a great deal about working with different types of parents, staff members and students.
Productive and Intelligent Children
Paraprofessional (Current Employee), East Point, GAApril 24, 2014
Learn something everyday, even when you are the teacher. Great Staff, and support system.
Great place to work...
Data Support Specialist- (School Administrator) (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2014
As Data Support Specialist I provided sound instructional leadership practices. My skill set purposely exploited and induced the use of formative and summative datasets to prioritized instruction and sound decision making for instructional/achievement gap closure. I’ve led professional learning communities, trained teachers on various curricula, instructional best practices, data analysis, and proper use of assessments. I’ve conducted formal and informal teacher evaluations, and organized multiple initiatives to assure student success, such as peer tutoring, afterschool and before school support, and goal setting. I have evaluated past program effectiveness, gave suggestions and implemented actionable steps and budget alignment