Fulton County Schools Employee Reviews

Monitoring the school and parking lot
Campus Security Associate (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAJanuary 29, 2017
A typical day at work involves securing the school and monitoring the parking lot. I assist in the front office and monitor kids in ISS. Talk to disorderly kids, in an effort to get them on the right path.
Pros
Great benefits and hours
Cons
uncooperatove kids and parents
Must work any hours required (40+), management is not supportive, school culture is poor, employees have exceedingly low morale based on the way they
Certified School Psychologist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2016
The changing environment and educational reforms make education an undesirable field. There is no respect for advanced degrees. Work conditions are poor. Management/administration is not supportive. No room for growth. Threats and harassment are not uncommon.
Cons
See above
Nice place to work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 17, 2016
Job was a lot of fun when the Board of Education was in downtown Atlanta. Once they moved to North Fulton County, the commute time tripled to an hour in the morning and ninety minutes in the evening. If it rained, the commute would easily add another 30 minutes to the commute.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
No benefits as a consultant
A great place to work
Manager, Governance & Flexibility (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 1, 2017
Fulton County Schools is a wonderful place to work. There is great work/life balance and a commitment to do what's best for all students. There are many changes that are happening right now, but the district is headed in the right direction.
I love everything!
Paraprofessional Educator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 23, 2016
My job is great. I wish for alternative pathways to teach ECE . I would love for the county to provide a educational opportunity to get certified while working
Pros
Lots of love from parents, staff, and colleagues.
Cons
Advancements
Great time off
Supervisor/ Night Custodian - (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 14, 2016
I love to work at the school based on the time off and benefits, my job is super easy and I like my boss. I like the hours and the contractors that work here.
I enjoy working in the summer, and the principle is wonderful
Pros
Time off
Cons
Nothing really
Great Place to work!
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 8, 2017
I have a great time with the other bus drivers and staff! Great place to work. I would suggest it to anyone looking to start a career.
You need to love working with children and making a difference
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJanuary 26, 2017
The is a great place to work. This offers a challenge to be creative, patience and caring. You do have to deal with many different attitudes. There are different age groups to work with if you do not have the patience to work with kids with difficult attitudes.
Pros
It's a great sense of satisfaction when you can contribute to the growth of a child
Cons
It's can be very difficult dealing with unruly children and their parents
Its a great place to work
Professional Assistant III (Current Employee) –  East Point, GAOctober 1, 2016
The benefits and vacation days are great. Fulton County Schools are very flexible when it comes to taking days off of work. Even if you work in the administrative building you will still have the holidays off.
Fun workplace
Substitute Teacher/Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2016
Fulton County school district is a good place to work. Life work balance, good colleagues .Fair pay and good management. Always a new adventure being a teacher ,fun and exciting job and never a boring day at the office..
Fulton County Schools
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 11, 2016
Again I have nothing negative or positive to say it was a job it offered me a way to take care my family. This was a job I helped to educate students while the teacher was away.
Good system in which to work
Volunteer Counselor (Former Employee) –  Various area schools in South FultonOctober 31, 2016
Good place to work. Hours and atmosphere were good where I worked and volunteered. Counseling center very pleasant for both employees and students.
Pros
school hours
Fulton County Schools
Professional Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Banneker High SchoolJune 14, 2016
For the most part, my employment with FCS has been enjoyable although the benefits and salary are less than desirable.
Fulton county is organized
5th GRADE TEACHER (Former Employee) –  East Point, GAJune 14, 2016
Fulton county is the most organized district I have worked in. If the district paid more I feel it would retain more teachers.
Pros
organized as a district
Cons
salary
Great work.Life balance
Bookkeeper/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2016
Great place to work and grow. Awesome firm for families. Great place to grow in the education field. Being off on the holidays and weekends are priceless.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
It is not what it was when I came here.
School Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2015
In 1997, I happened to interview with an incredible principal for a brand new school that was being put together by this visionary leader. The next 4 years working for him were simply amazing. This combined with an incredible superintendent made the Fulton County Schools one of the premiere systems in the southeast. Unfortunately, through several changes in leadership and a power hungry school board, the school system seems to have lost its way. I have seen many of my best colleagues leave the profession or migrate to other systems.

The overall morale of the employees has to be at an all time low. I would be shocked if anyone could show me otherwise.
Pros
Lots of money being spent on facilities.
Cons
No raises or step increases in years for teachers.
Social Studies Teacher.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 16, 2016
As a Social Teacher, I want to make a difference in the classroom making sure that the student learn in a joyful environment. I will also make sure that students' understand the subject. Economics, World and US History, US Government.
Pros
I am for free Lunches the students should have acaqute food so they can learn effectively.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Milton, GaMarch 30, 2016
They have very nice management team. Everyone works as a team. The staff at the school were always kind and great to be around
Enjoyable experience working with my TAG students
Teacher of the Gifted (TAG) (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAAugust 29, 2013
I enjoyed working with my students, especially when we were involved in deep discussions and overcoming significant learning challenges. The management was not what I hoped for at first, but with new leadership things got much better. I felt appreciated for the work I did, but I did seek that kind of autonomy that I had enjoyed earlier in my teaching career. I like to do things the way I wish although I realize that my way may not always coincide with the wishes of the management. In those moments, of course, I found my work distasteful, but overall my experience was smooth with few problems. Without question, my students were the most enjoyable part of my job in the Fulton County Schools.
Pros
Good working conditions, excellent 8th grade TAG students
Cons
Not enough autonomy and independence.
Awesome workplace
Instructional Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2016
Fulton County Schools is a great and innovative school system to work for! I learned very effective teaching strategies. I was given the opportunity to be in a leadership position and I was provided with ongoing training and support.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fulton County Schools. Our community is ready to answer.