Fulton County Schools Employee Reviews in United States

Custodian (Former Employee) –  Milton, GaMarch 30, 2016
They have very nice management team. Everyone works as a team. The staff at the school were always kind and great to be around
Fun and outgoing work enviornment
Assistant Food Service Worker Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 27, 2015
While this company was supportive of their employees they were way behind in the concept of work life balance especially considering most of their employees were single mothers trying to get back in the work force. And they offer little to no chance for advancement.
Social Studies Teacher.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 16, 2016
As a Social Teacher, I want to make a difference in the classroom making sure that the student learn in a joyful environment. I will also make sure that students' understand the subject. Economics, World and US History, US Government.
Pros
I am for free Lunches the students should have acaqute food so they can learn effectively.
Stressful, overly critical, and provide tons of resources
Early Interventionist Program Teacher (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAMarch 16, 2016
I have to report to duty at 7:10am. Then by 7:45am I have to begin my instructional duties by pushing into classrooms and providing instructional services for struggling, challenging students. Students are very disruptive and violent. I have to manage obstinate students while teaching them the content, and helping them to improve from being below two or three grade levels. Next, I help administer assessments called progress monitoring, through Diebels. Additionally, I read and analyze data, conduct collaborative meetings with peers in order to do lesson planning, and lastly participate in professional development training.

My coworkers and managerial staff are wonderful to work with. Everyone is very supportive and friendly in the school building. The working climate is laid back and has a sense of camaraderie. However, the hardest part of the working environment is dealing with a poverty-stricken, aggressive, and dysfunctional demographic of student body. The work load is difficult to manage. There are tons of testing, and the paper work that is required, in order to keep up with the demands of accountability is challenging. Moreover, I truly enjoy the breaks and long holidays we are afforded as Educators. It enables me to spend quality time with my children and family. I enjoy the security that my job brings in my life. Furthermore, due to the structure and the routines within my job it provides a great deal of stability.
Pros
very organize and thorough in the management of district
Cons
very punitive and poor benefit package
Interesting Place to Work
Law Enforcement Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 28, 2016
This was a new environment for me and I found it to be like a fish out of water. Although I was pleased with my working location I was very surprised at how the company operated as they did. I loved the work hours and being off during school breaks. This is a good place to work if you have a family because it works well with your kids schedules.
Pros
Working days
Cons
Procedures
Productive Workplace and strong chances of growth
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 25, 2016
Report to my bus on in time enough to do my pre- trip inspections. I would then go on to do my three tier route which includes (elementary, middle and high school) pick up. Next I would return my bus to its park location and then report a hour before school lets out.
Awesome workplace
Instructional Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2016
Fulton County Schools is a great and innovative school system to work for! I learned very effective teaching strategies. I was given the opportunity to be in a leadership position and I was provided with ongoing training and support.
Environment
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 28, 2016
Great, challenging, ongoing development offered, opportunity to move to permanent position possible, etc.
The hardest part of the job is abrupt schedule changes. Back up plans are encouraged.
It is not what it was when I came here.
School Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2015
In 1997, I happened to interview with an incredible principal for a brand new school that was being put together by this visionary leader. The next 4 years working for him were simply amazing. This combined with an incredible superintendent made the Fulton County Schools one of the premiere systems in the southeast. Unfortunately, through several changes in leadership and a power hungry school board, the school system seems to have lost its way. I have seen many of my best colleagues leave the profession or migrate to other systems.

The overall morale of the employees has to be at an all time low. I would be shocked if anyone could show me otherwise.
Pros
Lots of money being spent on facilities.
Cons
No raises or step increases in years for teachers.
Fulton county is organized
5th GRADE TEACHER (Former Employee) –  East Point, GAJune 14, 2016
Fulton county is the most organized district I have worked in. If the district paid more I feel it would retain more teachers.
Pros
organized as a district
Cons
salary
We are teamplayers
Clinic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fairburn,GA 30213April 11, 2016
Scholars are the reason we are employed
Scholars really look up to,us
Scholars really depend on us to be consistent
Scholars should be who we focus one every day
Open for constructive criticism
Teamplayer
Multitask
Self-starter
Fulton County Schools
Professional Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Banneker High SchoolJune 14, 2016
For the most part, my employment with FCS has been enjoyable although the benefits and salary are less than desirable.
Great organization that enforce safety as a priority
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 29, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I know that I have safely delivered children from school to home, I provide quality bus driving services utilizing a safety conscious work environment.
Great System
PARAPROFESSIONAL (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2016
Great school system to work for the kids and the teachers make all worth while. The best part is the chance to change lives.
Educator
Educator (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 10, 2016
IRR Educator. The work environment was nice. Newer school in North Fulton. The principal and vice principal were very friendly. Shared classroom with 2 other teachers - which was a blessing but was the only support I was given. Very little support for new teachers given the amount of data collection required.
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
Lots of paperwork
great place to work
Resource Officer/Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  East Point, GAFebruary 24, 2016
This was a good company to work for, enjoyed the students and my co workers. Very supportive work place, very friendly. Days where unpredictable but productive. The hardest part was dealing with the kids issues outside of school
Enjoy my experience with the students; teachers are very appreciative to substitutes
Substitute Teacher K-5 (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 12, 2015
The administrative staff is willing to assist in any way needed. It is important to know you have the support of the staff when working with the students.
Pros
Good support
Benefits
Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 4, 2016
Prepare, cook and serve food. Keep service area clean. Make sure food as at the right temp. It was an part-time position.
Productive and fun work place
SQL Server Developer /SSIS/SSRS Developer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 5, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. I enjoyed working with my colleagues and sharing the knowledge.i took up different varities projects in my stay with FCS
College Park Elementary
3rd Grade Teacher (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAMarch 2, 2016
This is a very new school.with a mix of newer and more seasoned administrators and teachers. This school is in the Achievement Zone for Fulton County.