Fulton County Schools Employee Reviews

I loved myjob with Fulton CountySchools, unfortunately, the funding for my position was not there for this school year.
Professional Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 31, 2017
Fulton County Schools encourages employees to continue their education and provides regular opportunities to improve current skills and develop new skills. Training and time off to attend the training sessions are paid for by FCS, as well. They offer Office Management Certificate courses, which I took as often as I was able, and learned a great deal that was of direct benefit to the work I was doing. Working a school day & school year schedule was wonderful for me, as a parent. I hope that another wonderful job with FCS opens up for me soon!
Pros
Paid vacations, paid sick days, paid employee training, neighborhood commute, 180 day work year, but paid year round.
Cons
Short lunch breaks, peer employee bullying permitted & tolerated which I found shameful in a school setting.
productive
Intellectual Disability and Autism Teacher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 24, 2017
I enjoyed working for Fulton County but want career advancement. The days were about 8 hours. The hardest part of the job was the behavior with students and the lack of parental support. I enjoyed teaching the students an attending professional learning.
benefits
Cons
advancement
Wonderful School System in Which to Work
Assistant Principal (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 19, 2017
I worked for Fulton County Schools for 30 years and I enjoyed each and every year there. I was able to advance and to become an integral part of the educational community.
Pros
Benefits; Career Opportunities; Dedication to Students
Producitve and fun
AWS Devops Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 12, 2017
It was nice working at Fulton Schools. The job environment was pretty good. Colleagues are very friendly and the management was also good enough to create a positive environment all around.
It was a good job and I had a great supervisor
School Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 8, 2017
I would work again at Fulton county if I had the opportunity. My supervisor was extremely easy to work for and interact with. My co-workers where genuinely great people.
Working with children is nice/fun.
Instructional Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAOctober 1, 2017
I enjoy working here but got into this after becoming a mom and needing work hours that worked with my child's school hours. Now that she is older I want to go back to my career, which was my intent to do so in the beginning.
Pros
Summers and holidays off
Cons
Little pay
Very friendly and helpful co-workers
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 24, 2017
Welcoming environment for students, parents and community leaders. Fulton also offers opportunities for parents and community leaders to volunteer. Since I worked as a substitute and I was certified to teach in Georgia. I was offered long term substitute positions for $150.00 a day. Which gave me the opportunity to stay with a group of students for six weeks or more and develop a work relationship with the students, co-workers and parents.
Pros
Positive friendly and welcoming environment
Cons
Working with a variety of different grade levels each day.
Great Company
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 13, 2017
This was a great company, I quickly moved to a supervisor position shortly after being hired. The benefits were awesome, management was amazing and I learned a lot here
School Bus Driving
Part-Time Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30339September 9, 2017
If you enjoy going to different sporting events, and get paid for doing so, then this could be the job for you.
Field trips are always needing to be covered, and it allows part time drivers to make some extra money.
Dedicated staff who has support of administration.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 7, 2017
Worked with children from all over the world when I became talented and gifted teacher. Learned extensively about other cultures as well as meeting and working closely with parents to ensure a well rounded education.
Pros
Working with children and providing them with an education to conquer the world!
Cons
It was difficult at times to meet all the needs of children with 30 in a classroom.
Interesting county with 2 parts divided by the city of Atlanta
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 3, 2017
I have never worked there or been inside a school.
Teachers who work there always seem satisfied. I had several when I worked at Block. Sometimes they did not like being moved or that they decreased hours in some subjects
Pros
many different types of schools and areas
Cons
divided in 2 parts that are very different
Fast pace exciting
Food Nutritionist (Current Employee) –  East Point, GASeptember 3, 2017
Fulton county schools is a great job if you're a permanent employee.. Because you do get benefits and paid days and vacation days which can carry over from year to year.. But I'm a temporary employee because a temporary agency took over the food Nutrition program.. we only work 4 to 7.5 hrs a day depending on your supervisor and I been here 1yr and had 3 supervisors.. I'm definitely looking for stability..
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Temp agency so no benefits
Service Desk
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 1, 2017
The combination of ITIL and state employees is really difficult right now. ITIL is about wearing many hats and Fulton County has many old habits. Management promotes from with their circle and the subordinates suffer because they don't promote based on talent. With ITIL taking the IT world by storm, the culture has changed for the worse because Fulton County didn't get the concept of adopting the process that work even if it from different models. Plenty of people with little to no real IT background but just changed over from different departments. The best thing about this job is get plenty of holidays and the state benefits.
Pros
Free Time, State employee, good pay
Cons
No advancement, no forward thinkers, poor leadership
Co-workers are very helpful
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 1, 2017
Paraprofessional should get paid a lot more, For Fulton County Schools to be one of the largest school district. the parapro's are paid less then other counties throughout Georgia. The pay is so low it makes it very hard to afford the health insurance that Fulton County School has offer.
Pros
good staff member to work with
Cons
very low pay
Fulton Schools
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 31, 2017
Fulton county Schools was a great place to work. I had an amazing supervisor who went over and beyond the call of duty. The children and parents I worked with were amazing and the staff really cared about their jobs.
Stressful place to work
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fulton County SchoolsAugust 24, 2017
Wouldn't recommend FCS to anyone that really enjoys teaching, especially in the "Southern" part of the county. Experienced educators are treated as if they lack intelligence while inexperienced leaders are hired and promoted. The policies seem to hold teachers hostage and take basic employee rights away. This makes it extremely stressful and difficult get the job done effectively. To much time is spent focusing on "the newest initiative" and not on what actually works for student achievement. Many of the staff members in the HR department don't seem to care about employee relations. Worked for company for 5 years and disappointed with the amount of division between North and South county. Frustrating place to work.
Pros
Nice salary
Cons
Micromanaging Leaders, Lack of consistancy with programs
Enjoyed my experience their
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fulton County, GAAugust 23, 2017
Really enjoyed my experience working in that environment. the staff was very helpful and knowlegable. very cooperative pleasant and easily approachable.
Cons
not enough staff at times to cover ratio
Workplace Culture
Dean's List Student (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 21, 2017
I learned many things about education and some of the issues that children in the inner city are faced with. It was a great experience. There are many challenges that students in these environments have to overcome.
Good schudule for a family oriented person.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Fairburn, GAAugust 20, 2017
They need to just be honest about the pay, instead of allowing people to think they will get paid what they were promise, when people look online.
I was told I had to work a certain amount of hours before getting what I saw on the web site.
Pros
Weekends off, benefits
Cons
More money
n/a
Library Assistant/ Special Education Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAAugust 16, 2017
The Fulton County School system is fairly good. My brother went to a Fulton County public school for his elementary school years and he enjoyed them.
I started in the Fall of 2014 at his elementary school and enjoyed my first year. My second year however was very hard. I was placed in a position that I was not prepared for and was notified of this position three days before the school year started. Because of this, I lost my job three months later. I worked with special education students and ran back and forth from kindergarten to first grade classes every day. I had many jobs each day and was not prepared because the principal did not notify me of my new position until three days before the school year started.
The health care insurance is also confusing and frustrating.
I would not work for them again because of my experience. I've heard a lot of complaints from other teachers as well.