Fulton County Schools Employee Reviews

Very few negative experiences
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Roswell, GAJuly 19, 2015
Pros: as a parent I was able to experience a day in the life of a teacher
Cons: daily available positions weren't guaranteed
As a substitute teacher I was able to travel to many schools in the County and worked with others across all grade levels as well as administration. Fulton County staff really does care about its students. The students are the aspect of this particular position that could be challenging.
A joyous place to work.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2015
Pros: flexibility, teaching experience
Cons: no healthcare
The pay is okay, but it could be better, and they should offer health benefits, however they do give you retirement. The schedule is very flexible, as you pretty much choose your schedule, and the staff at every school I have worked for are very helpful.
My most challenging endeavor
Mathematics Teacher (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2015
Not having an education background, stepping into this classroom was by far my most challenging endeavor. I taught 5 classes with at least 30 students each.
Leadership, Management, Self -Starter, Outgoing and Persistent
Substitute Teacher/Front Office Assistance (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 13, 2015
Pros: The pros for working in the school system is the holidays and summer breaks.
Cons: The cons are not having stability in working and finance.
Because I wear different hats on my varies jobs I will start with Substitute Teaching and Front Office. A typical day working in education for the front office environment would be making copies, sending faxes, emails and greeting parents and visitors. Working closely with Administration. The ability to manage a complex office environment fro effectiveness and efficiency As a teacher I would use strong verbal and written communication skills, and demonstrate safety and organizational skills. Work closely, cooperatively and amicably with all staff members. Monitor and ensure appropriate students behavior and adherence to procedures and policy's.
Fun job with bad management (BUS DRIVING)
Transportation Representative (Current Employee), Alpharetta, georgiaJune 9, 2015
Pros: Summers off, Enjoying the children
Cons: management
A typical day at work always interesting because you never know what to expect; from the different traffic patterns, to your interaction with children. I ultimately learned how to multitask, while paying close attention to detail.

Management was a revolving door, which resulted in miscommunication, and no clarity on what the expectations and consequences were. My co-workers were all amazing – more... people. It was so rewarding to work around people who loved doing the same thing you were doing. It made it easy to share and learn from the people around you.

The hardest part of the job worrying about whether management would support you if an issue were to arise. Some people in higher positions would often hide or avoid doing there job if it seemed like a tough situation.The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the children you see everyday, and having Christmas break off to spend time with family. – less
First teaching position
Kindergarten Exceptional Needs Teacher (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 30, 2015
A typical workday is 645-5pm. Most days I end up taking work home with me. I have learned a lot of valuable tools and knowledge from working at Fulton county.
I love making a positive impact in the lives of my students.
Assistant Instructor (Current Employee), East Point, GAMay 19, 2015
A typical day at work for me is very rewarding, watching my students learn and grow from day to day throughout the school year.
Steady work
Substitute Teacher (K-12) (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 10, 2015
Busy, active day supporting student learning. I have learned to manage effectively a classroom with up to 25 students. Most of the teachers care about their students. The hardest part of the job is lack of parent involvement. The most enjoyable part of the job is when students' develop an understanding as to how important an education will benefit them.
Peaceful environment.
Teacher (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 23, 2015
Great place to work. Plenty if growth is available, especially since the institution is growing. The staff is great, and provides a safe environment to work in.
Looking for a fulfilling perminent position
Substitute Teacher/ Substitute Employee (Current Employee), Atlanta surrounding areasApril 21, 2015
Pros: Seeing the students succeed is very rewarding.
Cons: Some students give up without even trying.
A typical day at work consists of exciting learning strategies that are geared towards the students success. I come into classrooms to help keep the learning process active while the regular teacher is out. My duties normally include following lesson plans, reading stories, providing feedback, and assisting students with any questions that arouse while they are working. I always keep the classroom in order and normally dont have any discipline issues. I look forward to coming to work each and everyday as a substitute teacher.
i have 8+ Years in Java Development
Sr. Java/J2EE Consultant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 8, 2015
8+ years of IT experience in analysis, design, development and deployment of Client/Server enterprise/web, production support, n-tier distributed applications using core Java/J2EE technologies.
Current Superintendent is focused on hiring very young and inexperienced Principals and Assistant Principals to save money and gain raises for himself
Assistant Principal (Former Employee), Elementary SchoolApril 3, 2015
There is no appreciation for dedicated, committed individuals with longevity in the system. Veterans show loyalty, the current management does not.
Individuals in leadership roles with high performing records are being non-renewed.
It is not what it was when I came here.
School Technology Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2015
Pros: Lots of money being spent on facilities.
Cons: No raises or step increases in years for teachers.
In 1997, I happened to interview with an incredible principal for a brand new school that was being put together by this visionary leader. The next 4 years working for him were simply amazing. This combined with an incredible superintendent made the Fulton County Schools one of the premiere systems in the southeast. Unfortunately, through several changes in leadership and a power hungry school board, the school system seems to have lost its way. I have seen many of my best colleagues leave the profession or migrate to other systems.

The overall morale of the employees has to be at an all time low. I would be shocked if anyone could show me otherwise.
Okay Place
Transportation Supervisor (Current Employee), FairburnMarch 27, 2015
Management is great depending on your work location. Upper Management scared to address misconduct on some levels, yet hard on lower management.
A place where the teachers care about the achievement of their students
Instructional Coach - Mathematics (Current Employee), Fairburn, GAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: focus on increasing technology available to students
Cons: lack of support for teachers and instructional support staff
There was not a typical day at work. There were new things happening each day.

I learned that trust can make or break the relationship between teachers and teacher leaders.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the students that my work immediately impacted.
Fun, Exciting and Enjoyable place to work
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Roswell, GAMarch 1, 2015
Typically at the beginning of the day I read over the lesson plans. Once the bell rings I call the roll. I go over the lesson for the day. Then I get the kids started on their ten minute warm up. I walk the room to answer questions. The most enjoyable part of my day is when a child learns something new or a light bulb goes off when they discover a new technique or way to do a problem,
Enjoyed teaching Math
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Duncanville, TexasFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: summer vacations and spring break
Cons: disiplining students
I enjoyed teaching Math and collaboration with teammates.
I learned different ways of teaching to reach at risk students.
The hardest part od the job was disciplining the students.
The experience working with Special Needs was wonderful
Special Ed Paraprofessional (Current Employee), Roswell, GAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: the great training
Working with Fulton County I have received great training for my field. The most enjoyable was helping children to achieve some of there goals on there IEP.
It's not what I thought it was going to be.
Science Teacher, Physics and Physical Science (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAFebruary 19, 2015
Most of the day is spent helping students and going to meetings. The students are the best part, some actively want to learn while others don't care. The meetings were always a big part, they come first, not the students.
ideal for families with school age children
Food Service Worker/Cook (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: holidays weekends summers
Cons: bad management equals unhappy staff
Preparing meals and interacting with children was awesome . Overall climate in school environment with staff and those in authority was a lot to be desired. Turnover rate increased in school with low moral among staff.