Fulton County Schools

Fulton County Schools Employer Reviews

Fulton County school system is a great place to work.
Guidance Counselor/ Teacher (Current Employee), North AtlantaJuly 19, 2014
Pros: fulton county schools is an excellent place to work and grow
Cons: check and balance in hiring process needs improvement.
As an educator of Fulton county schools, you are strongly encouraged to advance your education. Often the education comes to you in the form of required workshops, presenters being both internally and externally facilitators. Additionally, Faculty members are financially compensated for advance degrees.
I have grown tremendously in my field as an educator – more... during my employment at Fulton County Schools. Three areas of growth that I cherish most are the opportunities to work with a diverse group of students and parents (diverse ethnicity, economic statues, as well as urban and suburban youths), exposure to many styles of teaching, and experiencing numerous effective strategies resulting in higher student achievement.
My employment at Fulton County has been good. I have experienced much and grown tremendously. I look forward to transitioning into other areas.
Fulton County school system is a great place to work. The population of students mirrors the U.S.A demographics/diverse ethnicity. – less
Stable, fun place to work
Risk Management/Data Clerk (Current Employee), College Park, GAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: work schedule same as school schedule
Cons: work through the summer break
Data entry of all student accidents throughout Fulton Co School. That includes Elementary, Middle and High Schools. I didn't realize that there are accidents/incidents with students on a daily basis. While most of them are minor, it can be a lot in depth questions and accountability. It is very interesting to see the different accidents/incidents being – more... reported. I enjoy my working environment here at the Operations center along with my co workers. – less
Team oriented workplace, student interaction, duties- lunch, bus
Media Paraprofessional (Former Employee), Fairburn, GAJune 16, 2014
Pros: working hours, paid holidays and summers.
Cons: paid monthly
A typical day at work included morning car rider duty, or breakfast duty & Large/Small group instruction. What I learned was how to be a team player, multi-task and computer learning curve. The hardest part of the job was listening to disrespectful students converse between one another. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping students achieve.
Working at Fulton Schools was a very fast pace environment. Multitasking was one of my best skills used. Occassionally, I substituted for teachers.
Parent Liaison (Former Employee), Sandy Springs, GAMay 28, 2014
Pros: i helped them to obtain free lunch programes through the use of title i funds, if they could not afford lunces.
Cons: i had very short breaks to work with, often overseeing lunch room for classes.
The most exciting thing about the Parent Liaison position was that I had the opportunity to teach parents how to help their children become better students, by providing the resources like books, counseling classes, health and educational facilities which created a better way of life for their home and school environment.
The hardest part of the job – more... was keeping the books up to date. The Title I book consisted of all the activities that I provided for the families and the ones that the school provided, like Science Workshops for the children. Every Workshop I conducted had to be recorded in the book because Title I would review the book quarterly to ensure that the services which they funded were being provided .
Every activity had to be recorded very timely.
The most enjoyable part of the job was facilitating, providing training, and refreshments for the parents and often the children who interacted with their parents during the meetings. I loved helping the parents and sometimes counseling them about their children. – less
A good place to start your educational career
Curriculum Support Teacher (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 13, 2014
I have enjoyed my time at Fulton County Schools. I was able to progress from a classroom teacher to a teacher leader. I loved the school that I was assigned to and learned a great deal about working with different types of parents, staff members and students.
Productive and Intelligent Children
Paraprofessional (Current Employee), East Point, GAApril 24, 2014
Learn something everyday, even when you are the teacher. Great Staff, and support system.
Great place to work...
Data Support Specialist- (School Administrator) (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2014
As Data Support Specialist I provided sound instructional leadership practices. My skill set purposely exploited and induced the use of formative and summative datasets to prioritized instruction and sound decision making for instructional/achievement gap closure. I’ve led professional learning communities, trained teachers on various curricula, instructional – more... best practices, data analysis, and proper use of assessments. I’ve conducted formal and informal teacher evaluations, and organized multiple initiatives to assure student success, such as peer tutoring, afterschool and before school support, and goal setting. I have evaluated past program effectiveness, gave suggestions and implemented actionable steps and budget alignment – less
It was once agreat plact to work.
Elementary Teacher (Former Employee), College Park, GAMarch 11, 2014
I use to enjoy going to work. There was a atmosphere of family and children came first. There was caring as an integral part of the school fabric. The district has changed.
Fun,exciting job
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 3, 2014
I loved to see the children faces every morning. Great boss. Independent work
A fun environment, collaborated with other teachers
Pre-K Teacher (Former Employee), College Park, GADecember 13, 2013
Pros: healthcare, retirement plan, making a difference in a child's life
Cons: often skip lunches because there was not enough staff to cover the time out of the room
I enjoyed working for Fulton County Schools but I was getting tired of teaching in the public sector. My day consisted of breakfast for students, circle time, center time rotation, table activity observation and data collection for each student, potty training, sensory breaks, lunch, nap time, story time and group reading, snack time and computer time. – more... Over time, I have learned far more from my students than they have learned from me. My immediate co-worker was very creative and skilled in special needs special needs students. We learned from each other, shared curriculum and theme ideas and was a great sounding board for me. The hardest part of my job is creating and maintaining individualized educational plans on each student culminating with a meeting with parents, specialized personnel and administrative support. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the smile upon a child's face after they have finally made an accomplishment in an area of learning that was difficult for them. – less
fun to work
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GeorgiaNovember 6, 2013
Pros: smiling faces from the kids and staff
Cons: short hours part time work
a typical day at work is enjoyable
what I learned is kids are a joy to work with
management is good
my co-workers understand the importance of their jobs
the hardest part of the job not working a full 40 hour week
the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing that kids arrive at school safely and back home safely.
Lengthy Job security
Facilities HVAC & Refrigeration Technician III (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 15, 2013
Attentively listen to customers complaints, and provide solutions to technical dilemmas on various school properties. Performed skilled work in the installation, maintenance, and repairs of freezers, refrigerators, air-conditioners, water & air source heat pumps, heaters, boilers and associated DC controls; electrical and HVAC plumbing related work – more... required to operate the mechanical systems. – less
Too much
5th Grade Teacher (Current Employee), Elementary schoolsOctober 2, 2013
Work not enough support or resources.There is not much more to say. It is the environment. The students and parents do not want much for themselves and that carries over into the classroom.
Enjoyable experience working with my TAG students
Teacher of the Gifted (TAG) (Former Employee), Sandy Springs, GAAugust 29, 2013
Pros: good working conditions, excellent 8th grade tag students
Cons: not enough autonomy and independence.
I enjoyed working with my students, especially when we were involved in deep discussions and overcoming significant learning challenges. The management was not what I hoped for at first, but with new leadership things got much better. I felt appreciated for the work I did, but I did seek that kind of autonomy that I had enjoyed earlier in my teaching – more... career. I like to do things the way I wish although I realize that my way may not always coincide with the wishes of the management. In those moments, of course, I found my work distasteful, but overall my experience was smooth with few problems. Without question, my students were the most enjoyable part of my job in the Fulton County Schools. – less
Great learning experience
Principal - Hopewell Middle School (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 25, 2013
I received my start in educational leadership from the Fulton County School System. I learned and grew immensely as a professional.
love my job
Heath and Physical Education Educator (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAMay 24, 2013
Pros: working with kids
Cons: short plannig time
My day as a Physical Education teacher was the best. It tells you a lot when the kids stop you in the hallway and give you hugs and tell you they cant wait for class, or ask you what we are doing next class.
The school was great but the HR department is a bureaucracy
Physical Education Teacher (Former Employee), roswell GAMay 13, 2013
I loved working for the schools I was at. I did not like the way the HR department runs the county.
Recent changes in administration required a reassessment of job
Teacher (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 29, 2013
Pros: good training, good attendance system, grading system, iipad, computer pc, activeboard
Cons: salary decline, administration not supporting staff regarding various issues
I was excited to greet my students each day. I had a great relationship with the students. They wanted to be in my classes. I became more accomplished with the Activboard and Internet training. A behavior management plan was initiated. Management was not always supportive of the staff - it varied - several people were unhappy with that. Co-workers were – more... mostly professional although there was quite a bit of favoritism among the staff which was very obvious. The hardest part of the job was balancing the poor behavior exhibited by some students with no support from the administration. They were aware of the issues and chose not to deal with them with tough love. I enjoyed mostly having the students in class each day - teaching the lessons - using teachable moments - finding new ways to enlighten them using humor and fun techniques.
I always found new ways to engage them in interesting discussions and group centered work. In this way, they were often teaching themselves and each other. We were bonding and some even wanted nicknames for themselves. They had grown quite a bit by the end of the year in academics and getting to know each other.
We had class meetings and a president in our class who conducted them. This worked out very well for minor issues - in how to get along, no bullying, and working with each other to see the other person's point of view. – less
Great experience with the students
K-12 Music Teacher (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 4, 2013
Pros: summer breaks
Cons: student behavior and discipline actions.
A typical day consists of teaching the fundamental of playing musical instruments and reading notation.
Structured environment. Well organized.
Elementary Teacher (Current Employee), College ParkOctober 29, 2012
Pros: no surprises
Employees are well informed and there is an established culture of data driven continuous improvement.