FULTON COUNTY Employee Reviews

Great work place
Firefighter/Advanced EMT (Current Employee) –  Fairburn, GAMarch 8, 2017
Fulton is a very great place to grow as person and also there is plenty room to advance. I have been here for 3 years and I love it here. Only want ro leave becaue I want to progress.
Working for Fulton County 911
Communications Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 29, 2016
If you prefer shift work and helping the public in need, this is a good place to work. Be prepared to stay over some shifts. Supervisors are understanding sometimes. I haven't worked there in a while but call outs are high as well as turn over.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Working double shifts
Productive Environment
Deputy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 2, 2016
High paced environment, coworkers and managers eager to assist new hires.

I have learned lots about the culture of the courts and their dedication to the community.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
N/a
Wireless Coordinator- working on cell phones all day
Wireless Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2016
I have been at my job to over 9 years and I have been throught several CEO and upper management. I am currently looking for a new job in the accunting field
Hard working individuals
Social Services Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 25, 2016
Hard working individuals that are very underpaid. Social Case Managers should make at least $45,000. Social Case Managers barely make enough to pay rent nor afford to pay for student loans.
Control the things you can, and release the things you can not!
Educator (Current Employee) –  Fulton County, GAApril 19, 2016
Depending on the area of Fulton County, the kids will be wonderful, but need motivation to work. Not a lot of breaks in between school year, which can break teachers down. But, it has great salaries.
Pros
Summers off!
Cons
Not a lot of breaks
Excited and challenging job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2016
It is a learning experience. You get to meet new people and challenges daily. You get to rotate to different areas and learn.
Enjoyable
Project Manager/Procurement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 23, 2016
A very positive place
In Government the key is it's non profit. You are there to serve the TaxPayer. As a result everything should be done with the idea that maybe there is a better way to do something in order to save Tax Payers money. Because keep in mind you are one of those Tax Payers, where it is on a Local, State or Federal level your tax dollars are there.
It is possible to serve the citizens, which again you are one of and at the same time look for way to save tax dollars.
Pros
Downtown
Cons
Parking
Very Rewarding
Career Advisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 25, 2015
Great feeling helping people gain training and better employment. Too much politics and cliques took away from the joy of doing something so rewarding. Room for growth but mostly if you were well connected to higher management. The good definitely out weighs the bad. Had great colleagues that were a pleasure to work with
Good place to work, most people concerned about kids.
Juvenile Probation Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2015
Productive place to work , always something new going on.. The job is always moving at a fast pace. I had good Supervisors that showed me the ropes well, most people there are willing to help the new employees.
Pros
Good people to work around overall
Cons
I was on an internship so I was not receiving compensation
Productive, good place to work and gain knowledge
Clerk – Accusations Division (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2015
A typical day is carrying a case load. I enhanced my research skills. Management is understanding and will assist in any way they can. The caseload was voluminous; however, there was always assistance from the team. The team work and taking time to go to lunch as a team was most enjoyable.
Pros
seminars and educational courses
Cons
short breaks, good health insurance
Great supervisors,and co workers
Court Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2015
I loved working for Fulton County, I had great co workers and supervisors. Fulton County is on of the largest counties but due to their budget they are unable to hire help which caused work to get behind and it became overwhelming for the employees and customers.
Pros
Great health insurance, 401A
Cons
Not enough employees to complete the work in a timley manner
ok
District Attorney Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 27, 2014
it was an ok county to work for. I suppose they are all the same.
Interesting & Challenging
Assistant Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 27, 2014
If you are self-sufficient your work day can be enjoyable. Training is minimal, so you need to hit the ground running. There are pockets of people who are team players, will render assistance and can be invaluable during your tenure. Management is prone to favoritism and building fiefdoms. Once you find the departmental subject matter experts that are team oriented and can assist you with your work, the job becomes manageable and can be enjoyable. The best part is doing a great job regardless of the obstacles you may encounter, however, once you get to that point are probably assimilated into the environment. There are opportunities for advancement, but fulfillment appears to be politically oriented rather than based on knowledge, skills and abilities. Notwithstanding, there are many people who can, and do work successfully in this environment.
Pros
Co-workers, cafeteria
Cons
Egocentric personnel, bureaucratic environment
Great
customer service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2014
GREAT place to work with good benefits I wish I had the chance to work here full time
Great staff!
GA, Teacher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 10, 2014
The staff is great to work with, highly energetic and dedicated to improving the lives of children with an exceptional educational experience!
Was able to serve
Clerk of Superior Court (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 7, 2014
It was great to create a new division, sharpen my admin & managerial skills.
Upward mobility was a plus. I enjoyed training
Child Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2014
This job was Child Support Services - a state contractor. Job was interesting; I learned a lot.
Pros
We helped a lot of families
Cons
Caseload way too large (1, 200) clients
Great place to meet people and learn about the judicial process.
Steward (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2014
I maintained the Fulton County Courthouse courtrooms, jury rooms and public areas. Interacted with judges and their staff.
Great opportunity to work with individauls in the community
Training Center Instructor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2014
a typical day at work includes greeting consumers as they arrive to the facility. On alternative weeks I am assigned to bus duty to help consumer enter and leave the facility in the mornings and afternoon. Consumers hang their coats up and use the restroom facilities. Instructors( my job tittle are required to monitor and assist consumers through this process. After everyone has arrived consumers are assigned a skill building task, or you assist them in a classroom activity and complete absentee information reports surrounding attendance. This lets Medicaid and Medicare now if the consumer attended the facility and can be billed for their services. Each worker is assigned to a specific area and classroom and work with certain consumers. My assignment is working with women ages 25-60. the hardest part of the job is managing behaviors and ensuring the consumer receives the services and attention they require. The ration is 10-1 person. The most enjoyable part of the job is that consumers are really appreciative of your time and care of them.
Pros
The consumers have been attendig the same faacility for years so they are familiar with instructors.
Cons
very hard to take breks, not enough staff to provide needed support.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FULTON COUNTY. Our community is ready to answer.

FULTON COUNTY Reviews by Location