FULTON COUNTY Employee Reviews in United States

Control the things you can, and release the things you can not!
Educator (Current Employee) –  Fulton County, GAApril 19, 2016
Depending on the area of Fulton County, the kids will be wonderful, but need motivation to work. Not a lot of breaks in between school year, which can break teachers down. But, it has great salaries.
Pros
Summers off!
Cons
Not a lot of breaks
Excited and challenging job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2016
It is a learning experience. You get to meet new people and challenges daily. You get to rotate to different areas and learn.
Enjoyable
Project Manager/Procurement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 23, 2016
A very positive place
In Government the key is it's non profit. You are there to serve the TaxPayer. As a result everything should be done with the idea that maybe there is a better way to do something in order to save Tax Payers money. Because keep in mind you are one of those Tax Payers, where it is on a Local, State or Federal level your tax dollars are there.
It is possible to serve the citizens, which again you are one of and at the same time look for way to save tax dollars.
Pros
Downtown
Cons
Parking
Very Rewarding
Career Advisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 25, 2015
Great feeling helping people gain training and better employment. Too much politics and cliques took away from the joy of doing something so rewarding. Room for growth but mostly if you were well connected to higher management. The good definitely out weighs the bad. Had great colleagues that were a pleasure to work with
Good place to work, most people concerned about kids.
Juvenile Probation Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2015
Productive place to work , always something new going on.. The job is always moving at a fast pace. I had good Supervisors that showed me the ropes well, most people there are willing to help the new employees.
Pros
Good people to work around overall
Cons
I was on an internship so I was not receiving compensation
Productive, good place to work and gain knowledge
Clerk – Accusations Division (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2015
A typical day is carrying a case load. I enhanced my research skills. Management is understanding and will assist in any way they can. The caseload was voluminous; however, there was always assistance from the team. The team work and taking time to go to lunch as a team was most enjoyable.
Pros
seminars and educational courses
Cons
short breaks, good health insurance
Great supervisors,and co workers
Court Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2015
I loved working for Fulton County, I had great co workers and supervisors. Fulton County is on of the largest counties but due to their budget they are unable to hire help which caused work to get behind and it became overwhelming for the employees and customers.
Pros
great health insurance, 401a
Cons
not enough employees to complete the work in a timley manner
ok
District Attorney Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 27, 2014
it was an ok county to work for. I suppose they are all the same.
Interesting & Challenging
Assistant Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 27, 2014
If you are self-sufficient your work day can be enjoyable. Training is minimal, so you need to hit the ground running. There are pockets of people who are team players, will render assistance and can be invaluable during your tenure. Management is prone to favoritism and building fiefdoms. Once you find the departmental subject matter experts that are team oriented and can assist you with your work, the job becomes manageable and can be enjoyable. The best part is doing a great job regardless of the obstacles you may encounter, however, once you get to that point are probably assimilated into the environment. There are opportunities for advancement, but fulfillment appears to be politically oriented rather than based on knowledge, skills and abilities. Notwithstanding, there are many people who can, and do work successfully in this environment.
Pros
co-workers, cafeteria
Cons
egocentric personnel, bureaucratic environment
Great
customer service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2014
GREAT place to work with good benefits I wish I had the chance to work here full time
Great staff!
GA, Teacher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 10, 2014
The staff is great to work with, highly energetic and dedicated to improving the lives of children with an exceptional educational experience!
Was able to serve
Clerk of Superior Court (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 7, 2014
It was great to create a new division, sharpen my admin & managerial skills.
Upward mobility was a plus. I enjoyed training
Child Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2014
This job was Child Support Services - a state contractor. Job was interesting; I learned a lot.
Pros
we helped a lot of families
Cons
caseload way too large (1, 200) clients
Great place to meet people and learn about the judicial process.
Steward (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 16, 2014
I maintained the Fulton County Courthouse courtrooms, jury rooms and public areas. Interacted with judges and their staff.
Great opportunity to work with individauls in the community
Training Center Instructor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2014
a typical day at work includes greeting consumers as they arrive to the facility. On alternative weeks I am assigned to bus duty to help consumer enter and leave the facility in the mornings and afternoon. Consumers hang their coats up and use the restroom facilities. Instructors( my job tittle are required to monitor and assist consumers through this process. After everyone has arrived consumers are assigned a skill building task, or you assist them in a classroom activity and complete absentee information reports surrounding attendance. This lets Medicaid and Medicare now if the consumer attended the facility and can be billed for their services. Each worker is assigned to a specific area and classroom and work with certain consumers. My assignment is working with women ages 25-60. the hardest part of the job is managing behaviors and ensuring the consumer receives the services and attention they require. The ration is 10-1 person. The most enjoyable part of the job is that consumers are really appreciative of your time and care of them.
Pros
the consumers have been attendig the same faacility for years so they are familiar with instructors.
Cons
very hard to take breks, not enough staff to provide needed support.
Very professional, great place to work.
Water Quality Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GADecember 28, 2013
Managed 5 environmental technicians, providing them with direction on handling water samples from around the county. Also instruction in conducting various field analysis.
Pros
great hours
Cons
n/a
Overall the job was great for learning new skills and engaging with customers
Poll Worker/Temporary (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 9, 2013
Was very rewarding.
Learned new skills with the different systems in place to perform daily tasks.
My manager was very knowledgeable and professional.
Co-Workers was very helpful and attentive to my needs in performing the job in a timely and acturately which enhance my skills.
The hardest part of the job was leaving the new status to being a part of the team.
The most enjoyable part was learning new skills and engaging wih
my customers to assure complete satisfaction once every thing was
satisfactory with the customer and my customer knowing they could always contact me any questions or other help.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
some time not able to take a break, because my customers is my top priority, in making sure they are happy and they know i am wiling l go the extra miles for them.
allow advancements to all employees
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 27, 2013
This is about keeping everything clean, I learn how to operate a slow and speed buffer, strip and wax floors, clean carpet, set up and break down tables, and had a stick boss and hard working co-workers. The hard part was long hours, but we had fun on the job.
Pros
good hours
Cons
no benifits
Just thankful to be employed during this economy.
Procurement Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2013
A typical day consist of constant interaction with user departments. While working here I have learne to to listen more and be more focused in technical in specification writing. My manager tends to be a micromanager, she has to have input on every small detail. My co-worker are extremely team oriented and jump in the help when team projects require out attention. The hardest part of my job is not being able to negoiate with vendor, when there is a best and final offer. If allowed to do so, we would be able negotiate much better pricing, which would beneficial to the tax payers of the county. The most enjoyable part of my job is participating in vendor fair, it gives the opportunity to recruit new vendors.
Pros
fulton county pays for various job related trainings, certifications
Cons
no raise in two years, increase in cost of health insurance
Fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2013
I was also a student while I worked, management supported me as I worked towards my degree.

FULTON COUNTY Reviews by Location