Functional Pathways Employee Reviews

Family oriented company with strong values
Director of Compliance (Current Employee) –  Akron, OhioNovember 15, 2012
Functional Pathways is the best national provider of physical, occupational, and speech therapy services I have ever worked for in my 25 years! There is no other company like Functional Pathways. And I plan to stay until they kick me out!!
Functional Pathways invests in people. The culture is like no other--we take responsibility for ourselves, our patients, and each other. Employees are not "just a number" and our owner even knows your name! We value long-lasting sincere relationships with our customers, patients, and each other. We are constantly helping each other to improve and are committed to do everything we can to provide excellent rehabilitation care to our patients.The passion about care giving flows from the top and it is contagious and can be witnessed in the field by the way we care for our patients and customers. Functional Pathways is truly a customer oriented company. We have external customers- our patients, family members, and facility members. We also have internal customers- Functional Pathways employees. We put the needs of our customers first.
The executive management team doesn't dictate how we should treat patients. The freedom of individualized care planning and treatment execution is in the hands of the therapist, not in the hands of corporate telling us how to treat patients.
We have innovative clinical programs that are actually trained and utilized in the field. Any rehab provider can have clinical programs and market clinical programs but if you aren't doing it in the field, then they are worthless. But we ARE doing them in field!!
Functional Pathways
  more... is truly an elite provider of therapy services in the nation. I am proud to work for such a fine company whose values are in line with mine.  less
Pros
career advancement, supports employee individuality, family oriented
a company that has no regards to how they treat their employees, their families, or people's lives in general
DOR (Former Employee) –  Knoxville TNApril 13, 2015
Functional pathways paints a good picture up front at time of hire. BUT after relocating myself and my spouse , leaving family and doctor's with a promise that we are a great company with values is a false statement.
Functional Pathways does not support their employees. They are more concerned with their facilities they are contracted for. I took a position of management, was told not by the company I worked for but instead by the company that contracted us what a wonderful job I was doing. We are so happy to have you here. Never received a negative statement at all. But because of an anonymous call by a trouble maker employee, ended up losing my job with no written reason. Never one write up, only positive feedback.
That is the first time in my 10+ yrs career to have ever been treated like this! Functional pathways does not support, back, or advance their employees. There is no pay increase. Their PTO accrual is lower than anywhere I have ever worked.
Functional pathways relocates trouble makers rather than dealing with the problem. Takes the word of these trouble makers over someone with great experience and great references from past employers and screws with people's lives. If it doesn't benefit Functional Pathways then it doesn't matter.
If you are looking for a company that supports their managers/employees, has room for salary growth, advancement within the company then this is NOT the company you want to work for.
Pros
Cons
low pay, no raises, low PTO accrual, no employee support, afraid to deal with troubled employees
Worst work environment and turnover of staff/managers
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMarch 25, 2015
Was hired to work here full time as a therapist that relocated to South Carolina - my first day on the job, the full time OT stated that there was NOT enough caseload to warrant bringing me into the facility in the first place and the regional manager was made aware of this by the OT. Then, regional manager stated to not worry about your productivity; subsequently, two weeks later complained that the facility productivity was too low. In a separate meeting weeks later, regional manager reports to therapy staff that "any mistakes that are being made at the middle management level are to be corrected by the therapy staff here". What a total insulting remark!
Rehab manager turnover is awful and rehab managers are hired with NO therapy background whatsoever (sort of explaining partially the turnover by all staff alike). Consequently, after only 5 months working, was layed off due to lack of caseload as was the case when arrived at my first day by the OT. The issues with inconsistent staffing continue to be an issue for 3 years now with a trend developed with the company business model of submitting new OT and COTA job alerts postings every spring and fall with advertisements via indeed.com and other hiring websites for this same facility.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Horrible business model that is not therapist friendly in the least
Productivity!!!!
PTA (Former Employee) –  West Hills Health and Rehab/Knoxville, TNJanuary 22, 2015
FP provides contract services for SNF, in a round about way...your threatened "they are Cameras", manager says " watch what you say". Your on Production...how many minutes you can get and management pushes for...ultra high categories and seems pt's are kept on case load longer than need be?? No breaks...computers/tablets don't work for you to be efficient.
West Hills Facility....has some hard working CNAs and great Nurses but major turn over...why?
Cause if administrator doesn't like you, your asked not to return to facility even without warning and has absolutely nothing to do with your job performance. FP says they try to relocate you but West Hills administrator has already black listed you.
Hard to say grounded with stress of both FP and West Hills facility...but you stay cause you care for the patients!
FPs values...SERIOUSLY!?!?
Pros
great co workers
Unrealistic Productivity
Therapist (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 14, 2016
87.5%productivity is unrealistic in a skilled nursing facility type of setting unless the resources such as many aides, speedy internet connections, adequate treatment space, speedy computer networks, efficient documentation programs without redundancy, and readily available patients occurs. It seems that management is inexperienced with rehab in this setting and only cares about the bottom line. Perhaps they can get rid of the pages and pages of administrative staff which have 0% productivity and then lower the productivity requirements to what is appropriate for this clinical setting. Functional Pathways states that this is "industry standard". If so, Who sets the standard? Large corporations that have taken over the industry and don't know a thing about rehab. This is a major issue. Licensed professionals should not tolerate this.
Pros
Great Patient Population
Cons
Management not knowledgeable about rehab in SNFs, micromanage professionals
Highly productivity oriented atmosphere
Speech-Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  somewhere in the USJuly 12, 2013
No training or orientation provided. Relocation bonus was significantly reduced after I relocated nearly 1000 miles. You can work your butt off and will never be appreciated. Expectations get harder and harder to achieve over the years. With a pay cut, I now earn less than when I started a few years back. Lots of turn over causes you to have to work many holidays if you stay on, and you work for straight time on holidays. No paid lunch or breaks.
Pros
having a tremendously rewarding job :) despite the company.
Cons
high turn over, no holiday differential, poor ceu and licensing reimbursement, all ceus earned off the clock, best choice of health benefits pretty middle of the road
Positive atmosphere/Caring employers
HR (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 15, 2012
I work on the corporate end of Funtional Pathways and have worked for several different companies in the same position. I have to say this is the best experience I have had so far. I feel this company is one you can actually believe in and you can trust what they say. The management actually cares about their employees and they do their jobs well. It is such a positive atmosphere and I am thrilled to be working for Functional Pathways. The hardest part is simply adjusting as we grow. We are growing with leaps and bounds which is great, but you have to make sure you keep up. They make it easy for you to adjust and do your job well, which is very important.
Pros
caring employers/friendly coworkers/great benefits
Cons
communication between induvidual employees lacks at times
Great Company!
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  PAJanuary 30, 2014
This is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. The focus on patient care and values helps set them apart from other rehab providers, and I have worked for many of them. I like the patient care environment and the support from the corporate office truly makes it a family environment.

They had a CEU symposium last year in Charlotte NC that was free for all employees who wanted to attend. It was awesome!

I also know the Regional who wrote the review on Jan 13th. She was Horrible. She constantly complained about the two previous companies she worked for (was fired from). It does not surprise me she is complaining about this one now that she got fired again. Good riddance!
Pros
clinical, educational opportunities, family environment
Cons
all rehab companies are on a wage freeze
Family owned company with elite values and people
Regional Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 6, 2013
The president and owner of this company is amazing and has created an elite team with elite values and sets themselves apart in the industry. They are a leading provider of rehab and services. The training for sales was more of a shot gun approach with little balance of work and life. Having only been home 8 days out of 60, makes traveling my home away from home. Overall, a great company. Improving the quality of life for residents in skilled nursing facilities is very rewarding. The tradeshows and networking events are very educational and a lot of fun. I have grown in industry knowledge, Medicare awareness and changes, and advanced in my territory and contacts.
benefits
Cons
intense travel schedule with little training
Great therapists and caring people to work with @ Lancashire Hall Nursing & Rehab
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 12, 2014
Responsible for assisting the Clinical Manager, the therapists, and the patients in the physical, occupational, and speech disciplines. Must insure confidentiality of operations, with the long-range interests of the company and its patients. Duties include daily scheduling of therapists, procuring insurance updates, maintaining the therapy minutes and projections for patients, processing of therapy orders and obtaining doctor signatures on the orders, processing therapy reports, keeping multiple records (electronically and written), printing documents as required by Lancashire Hall and Functional Pathways, ordering of medical and office equipment, and filing of records. This person will also field phone calls as needed.
Pros
helping people (therapists & patients)
Cons
salary for the amount of responsibility involved

Want to know more about Functional Pathways?

Ask a question
High productivity with no pay raises and lack of patient care!!!
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 18, 2013
People Do not work for functional Pathways!!!!

* NO PAY RAISES While your Management gets year end bonus Through you painstaking hard work!!!!!!

*No rewards or appraisals for Your Hard work

*Functional Pathways is only concerned about making a profit and they do not care how they get it.

*You are expendable to this coming they do not care about Employee satisfaction.

Patient Care is not what they care about, don't let this company fool you. I worked for this company many yrs and never heard of anybody getting a raise that is a slap in all that work for this company that is not management.

Thank God I quit this miserable miserable money making company!!

This company does not care about Patient CARE PERIOD!!!
Pros
close to home
Cons
no raises, company stresses productivity instead of patient care, management gets year end bonus from your hard work, nonmanagement gets nothing for your hardwork

Comment – December 23, 2013

Your right about this company...they are only out for profits not patient care....they don't give raises is absolutely true. Why work harder if there are no rewards, incentives or pay raises. If u see on these reviews good reviews are coming from either corporate or management. They are the ones getting bonuses/incentives while the hard working therapist and other healthcare staff get nothing for there hard labor. This company is a complete sham and does not care about their employees unless it's management. I agree with this therapist from Tennessee ....they are 100% right. Don't work for this company if u want a raise they will low ball u ever chance they get!!!

Comment – March 3, 2014

This company is poorly run. Productivity first...as u can see it's the managers that love their jobs it's not the regular staff. Managers get bonus if productivity is ultra high rug and no pay raises for the non-managers. This company gas plenty of money to give adequate pay raises especially to keep up with inflation. This company is money first not patient care!!! Avoid working for this company at all costs. I worked for this company over two years. Got no pay raise or even a simple thank you for your hard work. This place is terrible and so are the managers. We don't have enough equipment to do our job but the managers get bonuses!!! Come on thats not showing u care about your employees or patients.

Comment – April 12, 2014

The most unethical company in existence ...every patient is ultra high RUG even if not appropriate ....I will turn this company into state for sure

This company gets it!
VPO (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 12, 2013
I currently work for this amazing company that makes decisions based on our values of Commitment, Relationships, Innovation, Passion, Self-improvement, and Responsibility . It's amazing how sticking to strong values leads to stability. Living by the core values creates a positive, encouraging, environment where we all take care of each other. It's a pleasure to be around people who live these values every day. Functional Pathways even has its own Cookie Jar fund that helps employees in need. I am extremely proud to be part of this team.
Pros
value based company. stability in an ever changing industry.
Treats employees horribly
Former employee (Former Employee) –  KentuckyAugust 28, 2015
This company does not care about employees at all. i worked there for six years until they lost a contract and I, along with dozens of other employees, got laid off. They cheated me out of hundreds of dollars in PTO. If you plan on working there, be VERY wary of how much time off you have accrued because they WILL steal it from you when you're forced to leave because THEY couldn't keep a contract. Also they do not give raises. In the time I was there, employees got a 3 percent pay cut. Do not work for this company, not even if you're desperate.
Company is Poorly Managed
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 13, 2014
Functional Pathways has very poor senior management. This makes it difficult for all of the employees especially those in the field providing patient care. Decision are made in a vacuum based on the latest leadership book the management has read systems are not well thought out. The senior management wants only "yes" people.

Everyone in the corporate office are friends of the owner. Which causes issues if you do not play their game. Allowing weak management to stay in place.

Financials are truly the only concern. Patient care is secondary.
Pros
it is a job
Cons
poor pay and benefits. poor senior management
The provided excellant opportunities for continued education and provided a varity of opportunites for advancement.
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNSeptember 15, 2012
I worked in two differant buildings, splitting my time based on the needs of the building. I learned that you have to be creative in order to reach the various needs of the folks who live there and that I work for them and that this is their home. The management was there for you and always ready to help- problem soolve and encourage you. The co-workers helped each other and I enjoyed making their lives meaningful and productive.
Pros
lots of opportunties to learn.
Cons
some people were at times difficult to work with.
An Excellent Company!
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 13, 2013
FP is filled with talented, caring and dedicated people. I have worked with this company for several years. Professional and personal growth is a central focus for the entire company. The support given to all team members is one thing that stands out in this company. The health care field is forever changing, and FP does an amazing job staying abreast of new regulations. Quality patient care is at the core of everything that is done at FP. From recruiting, sales, marketing and leadership to computer software, quality care comes first. It is a joy and honor to be part of the team!
Innovative, Supportive & Ethical Company
Staff (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 15, 2012
The corporate staff and management teams are so helpful and really care about employees and patients. They really incorporate company values and are passionate about what they do. They donate to various charities and help employees during times of need. They also provide thorough training to new therapy managers and also to seasoned managers, as self improvement and commitment to follow through is very important to the company. I am very proud to be an employee and have been for over 3 years now.
Pros
support system is fantastic, they don't micromanage employees, they instill and have confidence in their employees
Support for New Employees
CM (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 18, 2013
As a new employee with FP (less than a year), I am amazed at the amount of time, energy and training that they spend on bringing new employees "up to speed." How many new managers get face to face training with the CEO himself? They have a Mentor program for new managers to assist with navigating and transistioning the new managers in thier new company or facility. This has been a tremendous help! I am so glad I decided to come on board with FP - they've invested in me and I will do my best to return that investment.
Pros
excellent support system!
Productive and fun atmosphere.
PTA/PRN (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNApril 10, 2014
SNF Med A and B pts. Love the work environment and the patients. There is plenty of room for the therapists to do their job as well as a variety of equipment provided. Management and co-workers very friendly and helpful. SLP as PD, OT, COTA, PT and 2 PTAs on staff. I was PRN filling in for PTA on medical leave. Hardest part of job was becoming adjusted to new environment as a recent grad.
Cons
no openings, not steady prn work. would like better salary.
Review summary of current position as Clinical Manager and Doctor of Physical Therapy
Physical Therapist, Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 23, 2015
Attend daily clinical and PPS meetings, prepare all staffing and scheduling. Evaluate and treat patient's as a physical therapist. The most challenging part of my position is working for an outsourced therapy company with different objectives than the SNF in which I work. Working 50-60 hours a week on salary pay. Began position as hourly, but I feel as the company switched me to salary to save money.
Pros
Job flexibility
Cons
Unfair compensation