Functional Pathways Employee Reviews

Friendly place to work
Rehabilitation Technician/ Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 11, 2017
The staff was amazing. I learned a lot from everyone. Always willing to help out others. Management changed and most of the staff left. But overall I would work for the company again.
I am only PRN
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAJune 20, 2017
I work PRN in the facility that I am associated with so I really cannot answer all of the questions above with much accuracy. But what I hear from my co-workers is mixed.
great staff and patients
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 30, 2017
provoding rehabilitation to geriatric population resulting in dramatic change and their lives. Building relationships with staff and acquiring continuous edu credits
Pros
great staff
Cons
company unable to fill beds
Good company
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 26, 2017
I enjoy working for FP, they are a growing company with a focus on developing their managers and staff. Focused on using technology to improve services.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
The almighty dollar drives the motives of this company
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  PAMarch 27, 2017
This company expects too much from their employees. They pay less than the competition. It is hard to have a regional who is an assistant how can I honestly take direction from someone who has lower credentials than my DPT!

They bring in new graduates so they can pay less and brain wash them on how they want it done. many assistants are program managers and regional managers to save costs.

The person who said they were made salaried to save money is so true.
Pros
Love my facility
Cons
My regional thinks she is all that, everyone at corporate gets better benefits.
Unrealistic expectations.
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 21, 2017
Functional Pathways has been a company that was willing to employ me and work towards giving fair compensation over the years to account for my medical conditions. They have recently changed expectations of services to the nursing home that contracts with them without sufficient staffing in place. After the last full time PT quit the extra amount of time/work expected of me to fulfill these services is beyond what a part time PT can do. The current full time OT is also expressed dissatisfaction with the present amount of work expected.
Pros
Free lunches, mostly positive staff
Cons
amount of non-billable work with high productivity expectations, poor communication
Clerical work, assist therapist,transport patients
Rehab Technician (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 26, 2017
Nice environment for work with nice staff and Super wonderful director Rubi,fun environment, generous corporate, lovely company I do not regret having worked in that company
Got hired by them in June of 2016. Never given a shift
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 24, 2017
They have one facility that they staff in Denver. One. And they are constantly overstaffed. The therapists there barely get enough hours as it is, and jump to fill time when another therapist takes time off.

I was given a four day shift to cover for a vacationing therapist, and was called the night before the shift (less than 8 hours before start) to cancel my need.

I haven't heard from them again.
Pros
Cons
No work to be done.
ADLs in the morning.
COTA (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXJanuary 14, 2017
Great company to work for with great residents to work with. Busy all the time.
Great Team to work with; DOR is a great person to work with and carry a team of 12 people with ease.
Changing residents daily...rarely, saw the same resident through out their stay.
The joy in the resident's eyes when they get to go home in their prior level of function.
Pros
Free CEUs on Fpuniversity.
Cons
Must keep an hourly log on every resident just went into effect with effort to maintain.
Functional pathways does not care about its employees at all, they will take away hours/lay you off without any warning despite empty promises
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  MichiganDecember 27, 2016
Working for functional pathways was one of the worst experiences of my life. Upon hire I was promised 35-40 hours, which I quickly realized was a lie as my building started becoming lower on census. They did nothing to support their staff as the census lowered except make empty promises that it would get better and instead laid a bunch of people off without warning. Management was always rude and questioned everything you did regardless of their clinical expertise. The only benefit was the cute southern accents when you were lucky enough for a call to go through to HR
Pros
Mediocre compensation, may be ok for a new grad
Cons
High productivity, poor follow through from managment, no regard for hours
Great place to work when I was there.
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 27, 2016
It has been years since I worked for this company. It was a great experience when I was there. Great staff and plenty of available resources. I would consider working for them again.
Working less than expected hours due to over staffing. O
PTA (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHDecember 8, 2016
Have to go to other facilities to obtain more working hours. Have been averaging 25 -30 hrs/ week. Working at SNFs, Geriatrc PT.
Pros
Median pay scale
Cons
Not consistent full time hours at primary facility
Poor management and worse manager
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Attleboro nursing, LAnghorneOctober 4, 2016
Functional Pathways management is worse; they have very bad policies; even if you are sick you cannot take PTO; the manager has been reported for medicare fraud many times but is protected by the management. He has got 5 therapists fired in less than 9 months and 5 other therapists left the job because of his unfair practices and favoritism.
Their pay scale is the lowest and they advertise sign on bonus but wont pay you.
Caring staff and company
FT/PRN Wexford House (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNAugust 30, 2016
Worked with company in full time, part time, and PRN levels. I was always made to feel welcome and appreciated in every facility and be the company. Management is caring and knowing of their jobs. Would like to work full time again with them.
Pros
Company accessibility
Don't be fooled
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 8, 2016
This company will promise you all kinds of things to get you in the door - licensure reimbursement, possible management roles, certain hours and then renege or tell you to show them proof of who promised what. Don't be suckered into this job by false promises.
Pros
Great documentation software
Cons
Recruiting staff lies to get you in the door
Very Unprofessional
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 10, 2016
I worked for this company for a few months and was very unimpressed. This company has a very unprofessional management team. I've witnessed several incidents that resulted in wrongful termination and terrible job security for those that work hard. I would not recommend working for this company.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
Unprofessional/ weak management and HR team
stay away
Speech Pathologist (Current Employee) –  in the usaApril 5, 2016
This company is a joke. They don't care about their employees, their only concern is to make the contract happy, even going as far as hiding fraudulent behaviors of their contracts
Pros
Cons
too many to mention
The size of the company makes a huge difference
Therapist (Current Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 10, 2016
This mid-sized company is large enough to provide ample resources and opportunities for training, advancement, and competitive compensation for their therapists, yet small enough to truly feel like family, hold everyone to a high expectation, and foster a sense of teamwork, even with upper management.
I am unaware if other posters have worked with super-duper large RehabCompanies, which will remain unnamed, but when you do, you are literally treated like a robot that fills a therapist position who's sole purpose is to generate as much profit as possible, for the lowest wage possible. And I mean Low Wage. If you think FP was unrealistic in productivity expectations, poor in company culture, pays low wages, or doesn't treat their employees right, you're in for a shock when you experience some of the other very large, supposedly "top" rehab employers. So far, honestly, FP is one of the best companies I've had the pleasure to work for.
Pros
Not stingy on wages, training, compensation, They want highly trained, competent therapists--and want us to continue growing our skillset, They understand that they have to pay money to make money (happy, well-compensated, highly-trained therapists = more clinical programs, better outcomes)
Cons
Not company cons, but industry cons, such as too much time req to compose notes, using extensive verbage to satisfy ridiculous insurance co. requirements, which take away from the clinician-patient face to face experience.
Great Benefits and Values
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 7, 2016
Functional Pathways cares about their employees and strongly implements their values into the company culture. All co-workers are pleasant to work with and always offer to help with anything necessary. They are family owned and give back to their employees through The Cookie Jar Fund. I had a very pleasant experience working with them and would have stayed if I did not have to relocate!
Benefits of Functional Pathways
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 4, 2016
Functional Pathways offers many benefits that other companies do not. They have an online university for CEUs, licensure reimbursement, yearly symposium which brings the teams together, reward you for OT/PT/ST months, and many more fun activities to build team rapport.
Cons
pay rate is a little lower than average salary for COTA

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Functional Pathways. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval