Functional Pathways Employee Reviews in United States

The size of the company makes a huge difference
Therapist (Current Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 10, 2016
This mid-sized company is large enough to provide ample resources and opportunities for training, advancement, and competitive compensation for their therapists, yet small enough to truly feel like family, hold everyone to a high expectation, and foster a sense of teamwork, even with upper management.
I am unaware if other posters have worked with super-duper large RehabCompanies, which will remain unnamed, but when you do, you are literally treated like a robot that fills a therapist position who's sole purpose is to generate as much profit as possible, for the lowest wage possible. And I mean Low Wage. If you think FP was unrealistic in productivity expectations, poor in company culture, pays low wages, or doesn't treat their employees right, you're in for a shock when you experience some of the other very large, supposedly "top" rehab employers. So far, honestly, FP is one of the best companies I've had the pleasure to work for.
Pros
Not stingy on wages, training, compensation, They want highly trained, competent therapists--and want us to continue growing our skillset, They understand that they have to pay money to make money (happy, well-compensated, highly-trained therapists = more clinical programs, better outcomes)
Cons
Not company cons, but industry cons, such as too much time req to compose notes, using extensive verbage to satisfy ridiculous insurance co. requirements, which take away from the clinician-patient face to face experience.
Benefits of Functional Pathways
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 4, 2016
Functional Pathways offers many benefits that other companies do not. They have an online university for CEUs, licensure reimbursement, yearly symposium which brings the teams together, reward you for OT/PT/ST months, and many more fun activities to build team rapport.
Cons
pay rate is a little lower than average salary for COTA
Treats employees horribly
Former employee (Former Employee) –  KentuckyAugust 28, 2015
This company does not care about employees at all. i worked there for six years until they lost a contract and I, along with dozens of other employees, got laid off. They cheated me out of hundreds of dollars in PTO. If you plan on working there, be VERY wary of how much time off you have accrued because they WILL steal it from you when you're forced to leave because THEY couldn't keep a contract. Also they do not give raises. In the time I was there, employees got a 3 percent pay cut. Do not work for this company, not even if you're desperate.
Unrealistic Productivity
Therapist (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 14, 2016
87.5%productivity is unrealistic in a skilled nursing facility type of setting unless the resources such as many aides, speedy internet connections, adequate treatment space, speedy computer networks, efficient documentation programs without redundancy, and readily available patients occurs. It seems that management is inexperienced with rehab in this setting and only cares about the bottom line. Perhaps they can get rid of the pages and pages of administrative staff which have 0% productivity and then lower the productivity requirements to what is appropriate for this clinical setting. Functional Pathways states that this is "industry standard". If so, Who sets the standard? Large corporations that have taken over the industry and don't know a thing about rehab. This is a major issue. Licensed professionals should not tolerate this.
Pros
Great Patient Population
Cons
Management not knowledgeable about rehab in SNFs, micromanage professionals
Review summary of current position as Clinical Manager and Doctor of Physical Therapy
Physical Therapist, Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 23, 2015
Attend daily clinical and PPS meetings, prepare all staffing and scheduling. Evaluate and treat patient's as a physical therapist. The most challenging part of my position is working for an outsourced therapy company with different objectives than the SNF in which I work. Working 50-60 hours a week on salary pay. Began position as hourly, but I feel as the company switched me to salary to save money.
Pros
Job flexibility
Cons
Unfair compensation
Very Unprofessional
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 10, 2016
I worked for this company for a few months and was very unimpressed. This company has a very unprofessional management team. I've witnessed several incidents that resulted in wrongful termination and terrible job security for those that work hard. I would not recommend working for this company.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
Unprofessional/ weak management and HR team
Great Benefits and Values
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 7, 2016
Functional Pathways cares about their employees and strongly implements their values into the company culture. All co-workers are pleasant to work with and always offer to help with anything necessary. They are family owned and give back to their employees through The Cookie Jar Fund. I had a very pleasant experience working with them and would have stayed if I did not have to relocate!
A great learning experience
Speech-Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHJune 15, 2015
I very much enjoyed working at the SNF for Functional Pathways. My caseload was down, and I had just bought a home so I needed 40 hours a week so I decided to leave. I had great nursing staff and fellow therapists to work with and I learned so much in this position. I would recommend it to another SLP.
Pros
Salary, benefits, facility staff
Cons
inconsistent hours
stay away
Speech Pathologist (Current Employee) –  in the usaApril 5, 2016
This company is a joke. They don't care about their employees, their only concern is to make the contract happy, even going as far as hiding fraudulent behaviors of their contracts
Pros
Cons
too many to mention
High productivity with no pay raises and lack of patient care!!!
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 18, 2013
People Do not work for functional Pathways!!!!

* NO PAY RAISES While your Management gets year end bonus Through you painstaking hard work!!!!!!

*No rewards or appraisals for Your Hard work

*Functional Pathways is only concerned about making a profit and they do not care how they get it.

*You are expendable to this coming they do not care about Employee satisfaction.

Patient Care is not what they care about, don't let this company fool you. I worked for this company many yrs and never heard of anybody getting a raise that is a slap in all that work for this company that is not management.

Thank God I quit this miserable miserable money making company!!

This company does not care about Patient CARE PERIOD!!!
Pros
Close to home
Cons
NO RAISES, company stresses Productivity instead of Patient care, Management gets year end bonus from your hard work, nonmanagement gets nothing for your hardwork

Comment – December 31, 1969

Your right about this company...they are only out for profits not patient care....they don't give raises is absolutely true. Why work harder if there are no rewards, incentives or pay raises. If u see on these reviews good reviews are coming from either corporate or management. They are the ones getting bonuses/incentives while the hard working therapist and other healthcare staff get nothing for there hard labor. This company is a complete sham and does not care about their employees unless it's management. I agree with this therapist from Tennessee ....they are 100% right. Don't work for this company if u want a raise they will low ball u ever chance they get!!!

Comment – December 31, 1969

This company is poorly run. Productivity first...as u can see it's the managers that love their jobs it's not the regular staff. Managers get bonus if productivity is ultra high rug and no pay raises for the non-managers. This company gas plenty of money to give adequate pay raises especially to keep up with inflation. This company is money first not patient care!!! Avoid working for this company at all costs. I worked for this company over two years. Got no pay raise or even a simple thank you for your hard work. This place is terrible and so are the managers. We don't have enough equipment to do our job but the managers get bonuses!!! Come on thats not showing u care about your employees or patients.

Comment – December 31, 1969

The most unethical company in existence ...every patient is ultra high RUG even if not appropriate ....I will turn this company into state for sure

Great therapists and caring people to work with @ Lancashire Hall Nursing & Rehab
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 12, 2014
Responsible for assisting the Clinical Manager, the therapists, and the patients in the physical, occupational, and speech disciplines. Must insure confidentiality of operations, with the long-range interests of the company and its patients. Duties include daily scheduling of therapists, procuring insurance updates, maintaining the therapy minutes and projections for patients, processing of therapy orders and obtaining doctor signatures on the orders, processing therapy reports, keeping multiple records (electronically and written), printing documents as required by Lancashire Hall and Functional Pathways, ordering of medical and office equipment, and filing of records. This person will also field phone calls as needed.
Pros
helping people (therapists & patients)
Cons
salary for the amount of responsibility involved
Positive atmosphere/Caring employers
HR (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 15, 2012
I work on the corporate end of Funtional Pathways and have worked for several different companies in the same position. I have to say this is the best experience I have had so far. I feel this company is one you can actually believe in and you can trust what they say. The management actually cares about their employees and they do their jobs well. It is such a positive atmosphere and I am thrilled to be working for Functional Pathways. The hardest part is simply adjusting as we grow. We are growing with leaps and bounds which is great, but you have to make sure you keep up. They make it easy for you to adjust and do your job well, which is very important.
Pros
caring employers/friendly coworkers/great benefits
Cons
communication between induvidual employees lacks at times
Company is Poorly Managed
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 13, 2014
Functional Pathways has very poor senior management. This makes it difficult for all of the employees especially those in the field providing patient care. Decision are made in a vacuum based on the latest leadership book the management has read systems are not well thought out. The senior management wants only "yes" people.

Everyone in the corporate office are friends of the owner. Which causes issues if you do not play their game. Allowing weak management to stay in place.

Financials are truly the only concern. Patient care is secondary.
Pros
it is a job
Cons
poor pay and benefits. poor senior management
Family owned company with elite values and people
Regional Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 6, 2013
The president and owner of this company is amazing and has created an elite team with elite values and sets themselves apart in the industry. They are a leading provider of rehab and services. The training for sales was more of a shot gun approach with little balance of work and life. Having only been home 8 days out of 60, makes traveling my home away from home. Overall, a great company. Improving the quality of life for residents in skilled nursing facilities is very rewarding. The tradeshows and networking events are very educational and a lot of fun. I have grown in industry knowledge, Medicare awareness and changes, and advanced in my territory and contacts.
benefits
Cons
intense travel schedule with little training
a company that has no regards to how they treat their employees, their families, or people's lives in general
DOR (Former Employee) –  Knoxville TNApril 13, 2015
Functional pathways paints a good picture up front at time of hire. BUT after relocating myself and my spouse , leaving family and doctor's with a promise that we are a great company with values is a false statement.
Functional Pathways does not support their employees. They are more concerned with their facilities they are contracted for. I took a position of management, was told not by the company I worked for but instead by the company that contracted us what a wonderful job I was doing. We are so happy to have you here. Never received a negative statement at all. But because of an anonymous call by a trouble maker employee, ended up losing my job with no written reason. Never one write up, only positive feedback.
That is the first time in my 10+ yrs career to have ever been treated like this! Functional pathways does not support, back, or advance their employees. There is no pay increase. Their PTO accrual is lower than anywhere I have ever worked.
Functional pathways relocates trouble makers rather than dealing with the problem. Takes the word of these trouble makers over someone with great experience and great references from past employers and screws with people's lives. If it doesn't benefit Functional Pathways then it doesn't matter.
If you are looking for a company that supports their managers/employees, has room for salary growth, advancement within the company then this is NOT the company you want to work for.
Pros
Cons
low pay, no raises, low PTO accrual, no employee support, afraid to deal with troubled employees
Great experience
Phyical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, OHApril 29, 2015
Implement therapy services under the direction of a PT. Friendly staff and great work environment. Flexible work schedule and good benefits.
Productive work environment and co-workers
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sykesville, MDSeptember 11, 2015
A typical day at Functional Pathways is busy, timely, and organized. Patients must be treated in a timely manner. All therapists offer great guidance, and other staff is helpful. Management is easy to talk to and helpful in any way possible. The hardest part of my job is meeting productivity demands required by insurance companies. The most enjoyable part of my job is the patients, and witnessing improvement in their quality of life.
Productive and fun atmosphere.
PTA/PRN (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNApril 10, 2014
SNF Med A and B pts. Love the work environment and the patients. There is plenty of room for the therapists to do their job as well as a variety of equipment provided. Management and co-workers very friendly and helpful. SLP as PD, OT, COTA, PT and 2 PTAs on staff. I was PRN filling in for PTA on medical leave. Hardest part of job was becoming adjusted to new environment as a recent grad.
Cons
no openings, not steady prn work. would like better salary.
Great place to work to help people
National Corporate Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 23, 2015
FP was a great experience and a place where you could change and touch lives with your position. A company that would do what they said they would do and always followed through with it.
great supportive staff
COTA/L PRN (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCOctober 21, 2015
Caring therapists, very knowledgeable. I would definitely reapply to work here. Long drive but well worth it. Hardest part of the job was leaving everyday, it really was a great place to work. Only Con, long drive, not enough linens for ADL's.
Pros
knowledgable staff
Cons
driving distance