Functional Pathways Employee Reviews

Clerical work, assist therapist,transport patients
Rehab Technician (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 26, 2017
Nice environment for work with nice staff and Super wonderful director Rubi,fun environment, generous corporate, lovely company I do not regret having worked in that company
Got hired by them in June of 2016. Never given a shift
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 24, 2017
They have one facility that they staff in Denver. One. And they are constantly overstaffed. The therapists there barely get enough hours as it is, and jump to fill time when another therapist takes time off.

I was given a four day shift to cover for a vacationing therapist, and was called the night before the shift (less than 8 hours before start) to cancel my need.

I haven't heard from them again.
Pros
Cons
No work to be done.
ADLs in the morning.
COTA (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXJanuary 14, 2017
Great company to work for with great residents to work with. Busy all the time.
Great Team to work with; DOR is a great person to work with and carry a team of 12 people with ease.
Changing residents daily...rarely, saw the same resident through out their stay.
The joy in the resident's eyes when they get to go home in their prior level of function.
Pros
Free CEUs on Fpuniversity.
Cons
Must keep an hourly log on every resident just went into effect with effort to maintain.
Functional pathways does not care about its employees at all, they will take away hours/lay you off without any warning despite empty promises
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  MichiganDecember 27, 2016
Working for functional pathways was one of the worst experiences of my life. Upon hire I was promised 35-40 hours, which I quickly realized was a lie as my building started becoming lower on census. They did nothing to support their staff as the census lowered except make empty promises that it would get better and instead laid a bunch of people off without warning. Management was always rude and questioned everything you did regardless of their clinical expertise. The only benefit was the cute southern accents when you were lucky enough for a call to go through to HR
Pros
Mediocre compensation, may be ok for a new grad
Cons
High productivity, poor follow through from managment, no regard for hours
Great place to work when I was there.
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 27, 2016
It has been years since I worked for this company. It was a great experience when I was there. Great staff and plenty of available resources. I would consider working for them again.
Working less than expected hours due to over staffing. O
PTA (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHDecember 8, 2016
Have to go to other facilities to obtain more working hours. Have been averaging 25 -30 hrs/ week. Working at SNFs, Geriatrc PT.
Pros
Median pay scale
Cons
Not consistent full time hours at primary facility
Poor management and worse manager
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Attleboro nursing, LAnghorneOctober 4, 2016
Functional Pathways management is worse; they have very bad policies; even if you are sick you cannot take PTO; the manager has been reported for medicare fraud many times but is protected by the management. He has got 5 therapists fired in less than 9 months and 5 other therapists left the job because of his unfair practices and favoritism.
Their pay scale is the lowest and they advertise sign on bonus but wont pay you.
Caring staff and company
FT/PRN Wexford House (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNAugust 30, 2016
Worked with company in full time, part time, and PRN levels. I was always made to feel welcome and appreciated in every facility and be the company. Management is caring and knowing of their jobs. Would like to work full time again with them.
Pros
Company accessibility
Good company to work for.
Clinical Director (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, MAAugust 8, 2016
I was a good learning experience working for this company,. I learned a lot about how the Management System works as well as how to communicate efficiently with coworkers and employees. I also learned a lot about how to better myself as a manger.
Don't be fooled
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 8, 2016
This company will promise you all kinds of things to get you in the door - licensure reimbursement, possible management roles, certain hours and then renege or tell you to show them proof of who promised what. Don't be suckered into this job by false promises.
Pros
Great documentation software
Cons
Recruiting staff lies to get you in the door
Very Unprofessional
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 10, 2016
I worked for this company for a few months and was very unimpressed. This company has a very unprofessional management team. I've witnessed several incidents that resulted in wrongful termination and terrible job security for those that work hard. I would not recommend working for this company.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
Unprofessional/ weak management and HR team
stay away
Speech Pathologist (Current Employee) –  in the usaApril 5, 2016
This company is a joke. They don't care about their employees, their only concern is to make the contract happy, even going as far as hiding fraudulent behaviors of their contracts
Pros
Cons
too many to mention
The size of the company makes a huge difference
Therapist (Current Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 10, 2016
This mid-sized company is large enough to provide ample resources and opportunities for training, advancement, and competitive compensation for their therapists, yet small enough to truly feel like family, hold everyone to a high expectation, and foster a sense of teamwork, even with upper management.
I am unaware if other posters have worked with super-duper large RehabCompanies, which will remain unnamed, but when you do, you are literally treated like a robot that fills a therapist position who's sole purpose is to generate as much profit as possible, for the lowest wage possible. And I mean Low Wage. If you think FP was unrealistic in productivity expectations, poor in company culture, pays low wages, or doesn't treat their employees right, you're in for a shock when you experience some of the other very large, supposedly "top" rehab employers. So far, honestly, FP is one of the best companies I've had the pleasure to work for.
Pros
Not stingy on wages, training, compensation, They want highly trained, competent therapists--and want us to continue growing our skillset, They understand that they have to pay money to make money (happy, well-compensated, highly-trained therapists = more clinical programs, better outcomes)
Cons
Not company cons, but industry cons, such as too much time req to compose notes, using extensive verbage to satisfy ridiculous insurance co. requirements, which take away from the clinician-patient face to face experience.
Great Benefits and Values
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 7, 2016
Functional Pathways cares about their employees and strongly implements their values into the company culture. All co-workers are pleasant to work with and always offer to help with anything necessary. They are family owned and give back to their employees through The Cookie Jar Fund. I had a very pleasant experience working with them and would have stayed if I did not have to relocate!
Benefits of Functional Pathways
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 4, 2016
Functional Pathways offers many benefits that other companies do not. They have an online university for CEUs, licensure reimbursement, yearly symposium which brings the teams together, reward you for OT/PT/ST months, and many more fun activities to build team rapport.
Cons
pay rate is a little lower than average salary for COTA
Unrealistic Productivity
Therapist (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 14, 2016
87.5%productivity is unrealistic in a skilled nursing facility type of setting unless the resources such as many aides, speedy internet connections, adequate treatment space, speedy computer networks, efficient documentation programs without redundancy, and readily available patients occurs. It seems that management is inexperienced with rehab in this setting and only cares about the bottom line. Perhaps they can get rid of the pages and pages of administrative staff which have 0% productivity and then lower the productivity requirements to what is appropriate for this clinical setting. Functional Pathways states that this is "industry standard". If so, Who sets the standard? Large corporations that have taken over the industry and don't know a thing about rehab. This is a major issue. Licensed professionals should not tolerate this.
Pros
Great Patient Population
Cons
Management not knowledgeable about rehab in SNFs, micromanage professionals
Great place to work to help people
National Corporate Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 23, 2015
FP was a great experience and a place where you could change and touch lives with your position. A company that would do what they said they would do and always followed through with it.
great supportive staff
COTA/L PRN (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCOctober 21, 2015
Caring therapists, very knowledgeable. I would definitely reapply to work here. Long drive but well worth it. Hardest part of the job was leaving everyday, it really was a great place to work. Only Con, long drive, not enough linens for ADL's.
Pros
knowledgable staff
Cons
driving distance
Productivity is not a significant component of the Co., it is the only component.
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Hanover, Pa.October 6, 2015
If you enjoy being treated less than human, if you like treating your patients in the same manner to make that all important productivity number, than Functional Pathways is for you!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Productive work environment and co-workers
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sykesville, MDSeptember 11, 2015
A typical day at Functional Pathways is busy, timely, and organized. Patients must be treated in a timely manner. All therapists offer great guidance, and other staff is helpful. Management is easy to talk to and helpful in any way possible. The hardest part of my job is meeting productivity demands required by insurance companies. The most enjoyable part of my job is the patients, and witnessing improvement in their quality of life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Functional Pathways. Our community is ready to answer.