Functional Pathways

Functional Pathways Employee Reviews

Great Benefits and Values
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 7, 2016
Functional Pathways cares about their employees and strongly implements their values into the company culture. All co-workers are pleasant to work with and always offer to help with anything necessary. They are family owned and give back to their employees through The Cookie Jar Fund. I had a very pleasant experience working with them and would have stayed if I did not have to relocate!
Benefits of Functional Pathways
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 4, 2016
Functional Pathways offers many benefits that other companies do not. They have an online university for CEUs, licensure reimbursement, yearly symposium which brings the teams together, reward you for OT/PT/ST months, and many more fun activities to build team rapport.
Cons
pay rate is a little lower than average salary for COTA
Unrealistic Productivity
Therapist (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 14, 2016
87.5%productivity is unrealistic in a skilled nursing facility type of setting unless the resources such as many aides, speedy internet connections, adequate treatment space, speedy computer networks, efficient documentation programs without redundancy, and readily available patients occurs. It seems that management is inexperienced with rehab in this setting and only cares about the bottom line. Perhaps they can get rid of the pages and pages of administrative staff which have 0% productivity and then lower the productivity requirements to what is appropriate for this clinical setting. Functional Pathways states that this is "industry standard". If so, Who sets the standard? Large corporations that have taken over the industry and don't know a thing about rehab. This is a major issue. Licensed professionals should not tolerate this.
Pros
Great Patient Population
Cons
Management not knowledgeable about rehab in SNFs, micromanage professionals
Great place to work to help people
National Corporate Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 23, 2015
FP was a great experience and a place where you could change and touch lives with your position. A company that would do what they said they would do and always followed through with it.
great supportive staff
COTA/L PRN (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCOctober 21, 2015
Caring therapists, very knowledgeable. I would definitely reapply to work here. Long drive but well worth it. Hardest part of the job was leaving everyday, it really was a great place to work. Only Con, long drive, not enough linens for ADL's.
Pros
knowledgable staff
Cons
driving distance
Productivity is not a significant component of the Co., it is the only component.
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Hanover, Pa.October 6, 2015
If you enjoy being treated less than human, if you like treating your patients in the same manner to make that all important productivity number, than Functional Pathways is for you!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Productive work environment and co-workers
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sykesville, MDSeptember 11, 2015
A typical day at Functional Pathways is busy, timely, and organized. Patients must be treated in a timely manner. All therapists offer great guidance, and other staff is helpful. Management is easy to talk to and helpful in any way possible. The hardest part of my job is meeting productivity demands required by insurance companies. The most enjoyable part of my job is the patients, and witnessing improvement in their quality of life.
Good enviroment to work in
COTA (Current Employee) –  Nashville, GAAugust 31, 2015
The therapy department have an awesome team of therapist, They're always willing to assist in any way they can. The hardest part for me was learning the where the patients rooms were.
Treats employees horribly
Former employee (Former Employee) –  KentuckyAugust 28, 2015
This company does not care about employees at all. i worked there for six years until they lost a contract and I, along with dozens of other employees, got laid off. They cheated me out of hundreds of dollars in PTO. If you plan on working there, be VERY wary of how much time off you have accrued because they WILL steal it from you when you're forced to leave because THEY couldn't keep a contract. Also they do not give raises. In the time I was there, employees got a 3 percent pay cut. Do not work for this company, not even if you're desperate.
Nice company.
PTA PRN (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJuly 27, 2015
Good company. Both Bethea Baptist and Heritage Nursing Homes were well run with cheery, competent staff. Both places had good supervisory PTs.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Review summary of current position as Clinical Manager and Doctor of Physical Therapy
Physical Therapist, Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 23, 2015
Attend daily clinical and PPS meetings, prepare all staffing and scheduling. Evaluate and treat patient's as a physical therapist. The most challenging part of my position is working for an outsourced therapy company with different objectives than the SNF in which I work. Working 50-60 hours a week on salary pay. Began position as hourly, but I feel as the company switched me to salary to save money.
Pros
Job flexibility
Cons
Unfair compensation
A great learning experience
Speech-Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHJune 15, 2015
I very much enjoyed working at the SNF for Functional Pathways. My caseload was down, and I had just bought a home so I needed 40 hours a week so I decided to leave. I had great nursing staff and fellow therapists to work with and I learned so much in this position. I would recommend it to another SLP.
Pros
Salary, benefits, facility staff
Cons
inconsistent hours
Best Supervisor I ever had
Rehab Therapy Office Assistant/Tech (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJune 3, 2015
The job was a joy. Enjoyed going to work everyday. Had the best supervisor ever. The co-workers were great. Miss working with my past supervisor.
Very hard to work for a company out of state
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 9, 2015
A great learning experience, management was inadequate and the regional manager had to large of a work load to attend to each facility
Great Team Experience!
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCMay 1, 2015
I worked with a great team and learned all different kinds of personal TX. Hardest part of my job was saying good-bye to my patients.
Pros
Team
Cons
Saying good-bye
Great experience
Phyical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, OHApril 29, 2015
Implement therapy services under the direction of a PT. Friendly staff and great work environment. Flexible work schedule and good benefits.
a company that has no regards to how they treat their employees, their families, or people's lives in general
DOR (Former Employee) –  Knoxville TNApril 13, 2015
Functional pathways paints a good picture up front at time of hire. BUT after relocating myself and my spouse , leaving family and doctor's with a promise that we are a great company with values is a false statement.
Functional Pathways does not support their employees. They are more concerned with their facilities they are contracted for. I took a position of management, was told not by the company I worked for but instead by the company that contracted us what a wonderful job I was doing. We are so happy to have you here. Never received a negative statement at all. But because of an anonymous call by a trouble maker employee, ended up losing my job with no written reason. Never one write up, only positive feedback.
That is the first time in my 10+ yrs career to have ever been treated like this! Functional pathways does not support, back, or advance their employees. There is no pay increase. Their PTO accrual is lower than anywhere I have ever worked.
Functional pathways relocates trouble makers rather than dealing with the problem. Takes the word of these trouble makers over someone with great experience and great references from past employers and screws with people's lives. If it doesn't benefit Functional Pathways then it doesn't matter.
If you are looking for a company that supports their managers/employees, has room for salary growth, advancement within the company then this is NOT the company you want to work for.
Pros
Cons
low pay, no raises, low PTO accrual, no employee support, afraid to deal with troubled employees
Worst work environment and turnover of staff/managers
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMarch 25, 2015
Was hired to work here full time as a therapist that relocated to South Carolina - my first day on the job, the full time OT stated that there was NOT enough caseload to warrant bringing me into the facility in the first place and the regional manager was made aware of this by the OT. Then, regional manager stated to not worry about your productivity; subsequently, two weeks later complained that the facility productivity was too low. In a separate meeting weeks later, regional manager reports to therapy staff that "any mistakes that are being made at the middle management level are to be corrected by the therapy staff here". What a total insulting remark!
Rehab manager turnover is awful and rehab managers are hired with NO therapy background whatsoever (sort of explaining partially the turnover by all staff alike). Consequently, after only 5 months working, was layed off due to lack of caseload as was the case when arrived at my first day by the OT. The issues with inconsistent staffing continue to be an issue for 3 years now with a trend developed with the company business model of submitting new OT and COTA job alerts postings every spring and fall with advertisements via indeed.com and other hiring websites for this same facility.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Horrible business model that is not therapist friendly in the least
Great co-worker environment
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  OhioFebruary 3, 2015
Great co-workers who team up to provide quality care. Most enjoyable part of the jobs is the relationships built between staff and residents and using creative ways to adapt treatment specific to patient's needs and hobbies. Better communication between management staff and therapy staff would create a more efficient work environment.
Pros
great teamwork within therapy staff
Cons
not enough communication between case manager and therapy staff
Productivity!!!!
PTA (Former Employee) –  West Hills Health and Rehab/Knoxville, TNJanuary 22, 2015
FP provides contract services for SNF, in a round about way...your threatened "they are Cameras", manager says " watch what you say". Your on Production...how many minutes you can get and management pushes for...ultra high categories and seems pt's are kept on case load longer than need be?? No breaks...computers/tablets don't work for you to be efficient.
West Hills Facility....has some hard working CNAs and great Nurses but major turn over...why?
Cause if administrator doesn't like you, your asked not to return to facility even without warning and has absolutely nothing to do with your job performance. FP says they try to relocate you but West Hills administrator has already black listed you.
Hard to say grounded with stress of both FP and West Hills facility...but you stay cause you care for the patients!
FPs values...SERIOUSLY!?!?
Pros
great co workers