Functional Pathways Employee Reviews

Very Unprofessional
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 10, 2016
I worked for this company for a few months and was very unimpressed. This company has a very unprofessional management team. I've witnessed several incidents that resulted in wrongful termination and terrible job security for those that work hard. I would not recommend working for this company.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
Unprofessional/ weak management and HR team
Don't be fooled
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 8, 2016
This company will promise you all kinds of things to get you in the door - licensure reimbursement, possible management roles, certain hours and then renege or tell you to show them proof of who promised what. Don't be suckered into this job by false promises.
Pros
Great documentation software
Cons
Recruiting staff lies to get you in the door
Caring staff and company
FT/PRN Wexford House (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNAugust 30, 2016
Worked with company in full time, part time, and PRN levels. I was always made to feel welcome and appreciated in every facility and be the company. Management is caring and knowing of their jobs. Would like to work full time again with them.
Pros
Company accessibility
Good company to work for.
Clinical Director (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, MAAugust 8, 2016
I was a good learning experience working for this company,. I learned a lot about how the Management System works as well as how to communicate efficiently with coworkers and employees. I also learned a lot about how to better myself as a manger.
Great Benefits and Values
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 7, 2016
Functional Pathways cares about their employees and strongly implements their values into the company culture. All co-workers are pleasant to work with and always offer to help with anything necessary. They are family owned and give back to their employees through The Cookie Jar Fund. I had a very pleasant experience working with them and would have stayed if I did not have to relocate!
Benefits of Functional Pathways
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 4, 2016
Functional Pathways offers many benefits that other companies do not. They have an online university for CEUs, licensure reimbursement, yearly symposium which brings the teams together, reward you for OT/PT/ST months, and many more fun activities to build team rapport.
Cons
pay rate is a little lower than average salary for COTA
stay away
Speech Pathologist (Current Employee) –  in the usaApril 5, 2016
This company is a joke. They don't care about their employees, their only concern is to make the contract happy, even going as far as hiding fraudulent behaviors of their contracts
Pros
Cons
too many to mention
Unrealistic Productivity
Therapist (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 14, 2016
87.5%productivity is unrealistic in a skilled nursing facility type of setting unless the resources such as many aides, speedy internet connections, adequate treatment space, speedy computer networks, efficient documentation programs without redundancy, and readily available patients occurs. It seems that management is inexperienced with rehab in this setting and only cares about the bottom line. Perhaps they can get rid of the pages and pages of administrative staff which have 0% productivity and then lower the productivity requirements to what is appropriate for this clinical setting. Functional Pathways states that this is "industry standard". If so, Who sets the standard? Large corporations that have taken over the industry and don't know a thing about rehab. This is a major issue. Licensed professionals should not tolerate this.
Pros
Great Patient Population
Cons
Management not knowledgeable about rehab in SNFs, micromanage professionals
Productive work environment and co-workers
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sykesville, MDSeptember 11, 2015
A typical day at Functional Pathways is busy, timely, and organized. Patients must be treated in a timely manner. All therapists offer great guidance, and other staff is helpful. Management is easy to talk to and helpful in any way possible. The hardest part of my job is meeting productivity demands required by insurance companies. The most enjoyable part of my job is the patients, and witnessing improvement in their quality of life.
Great place to work to help people
National Corporate Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 23, 2015
FP was a great experience and a place where you could change and touch lives with your position. A company that would do what they said they would do and always followed through with it.

Want to know more about Functional Pathways?

Ask a question
Treats employees horribly
Former employee (Former Employee) –  KentuckyAugust 28, 2015
This company does not care about employees at all. i worked there for six years until they lost a contract and I, along with dozens of other employees, got laid off. They cheated me out of hundreds of dollars in PTO. If you plan on working there, be VERY wary of how much time off you have accrued because they WILL steal it from you when you're forced to leave because THEY couldn't keep a contract. Also they do not give raises. In the time I was there, employees got a 3 percent pay cut. Do not work for this company, not even if you're desperate.
great supportive staff
COTA/L PRN (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCOctober 21, 2015
Caring therapists, very knowledgeable. I would definitely reapply to work here. Long drive but well worth it. Hardest part of the job was leaving everyday, it really was a great place to work. Only Con, long drive, not enough linens for ADL's.
Pros
knowledgable staff
Cons
driving distance
Productivity is not a significant component of the Co., it is the only component.
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Hanover, Pa.October 6, 2015
If you enjoy being treated less than human, if you like treating your patients in the same manner to make that all important productivity number, than Functional Pathways is for you!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Review summary of current position as Clinical Manager and Doctor of Physical Therapy
Physical Therapist, Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 23, 2015
Attend daily clinical and PPS meetings, prepare all staffing and scheduling. Evaluate and treat patient's as a physical therapist. The most challenging part of my position is working for an outsourced therapy company with different objectives than the SNF in which I work. Working 50-60 hours a week on salary pay. Began position as hourly, but I feel as the company switched me to salary to save money.
Pros
Job flexibility
Cons
Unfair compensation
A great learning experience
Speech-Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHJune 15, 2015
I very much enjoyed working at the SNF for Functional Pathways. My caseload was down, and I had just bought a home so I needed 40 hours a week so I decided to leave. I had great nursing staff and fellow therapists to work with and I learned so much in this position. I would recommend it to another SLP.
Pros
Salary, benefits, facility staff
Cons
inconsistent hours
Good enviroment to work in
COTA (Current Employee) –  Nashville, GAAugust 31, 2015
The therapy department have an awesome team of therapist, They're always willing to assist in any way they can. The hardest part for me was learning the where the patients rooms were.
Great co-worker environment
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  OhioFebruary 3, 2015
Great co-workers who team up to provide quality care. Most enjoyable part of the jobs is the relationships built between staff and residents and using creative ways to adapt treatment specific to patient's needs and hobbies. Better communication between management staff and therapy staff would create a more efficient work environment.
Pros
great teamwork within therapy staff
Cons
not enough communication between case manager and therapy staff
Productivity!!!!
PTA (Former Employee) –  West Hills Health and Rehab/Knoxville, TNJanuary 22, 2015
FP provides contract services for SNF, in a round about way...your threatened "they are Cameras", manager says " watch what you say". Your on Production...how many minutes you can get and management pushes for...ultra high categories and seems pt's are kept on case load longer than need be?? No breaks...computers/tablets don't work for you to be efficient.
West Hills Facility....has some hard working CNAs and great Nurses but major turn over...why?
Cause if administrator doesn't like you, your asked not to return to facility even without warning and has absolutely nothing to do with your job performance. FP says they try to relocate you but West Hills administrator has already black listed you.
Hard to say grounded with stress of both FP and West Hills facility...but you stay cause you care for the patients!
FPs values...SERIOUSLY!?!?
Pros
great co workers
The size of the company makes a huge difference
Therapist (Current Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 10, 2016
This mid-sized company is large enough to provide ample resources and opportunities for training, advancement, and competitive compensation for their therapists, yet small enough to truly feel like family, hold everyone to a high expectation, and foster a sense of teamwork, even with upper management.
I am unaware if other posters have worked with super-duper large RehabCompanies, which will remain unnamed, but when you do, you are literally treated like a robot that fills a therapist position who's sole purpose is to generate as much profit as possible, for the lowest wage possible. And I mean Low Wage. If you think FP was unrealistic in productivity expectations, poor in company culture, pays low wages, or doesn't treat their employees right, you're in for a shock when you experience some of the other very large, supposedly "top" rehab employers. So far, honestly, FP is one of the best companies I've had the pleasure to work for.
Pros
Not stingy on wages, training, compensation, They want highly trained, competent therapists--and want us to continue growing our skillset, They understand that they have to pay money to make money (happy, well-compensated, highly-trained therapists = more clinical programs, better outcomes)
Cons
Not company cons, but industry cons, such as too much time req to compose notes, using extensive verbage to satisfy ridiculous insurance co. requirements, which take away from the clinician-patient face to face experience.
Nice company.
PTA PRN (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJuly 27, 2015
Good company. Both Bethea Baptist and Heritage Nursing Homes were well run with cheery, competent staff. Both places had good supervisory PTs.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Functional Pathways. Our community is ready to answer.