Functional Pathways Employee Reviews

Functional pathways does not care about its employees at all, they will take away hours/lay you off without any warning despite empty promises
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  MichiganDecember 27, 2016
Working for functional pathways was one of the worst experiences of my life. Upon hire I was promised 35-40 hours, which I quickly realized was a lie as my building started becoming lower on census. They did nothing to support their staff as the census lowered except make empty promises that it would get better and instead laid a bunch of people off without warning. Management was always rude and questioned everything you did regardless of their clinical expertise. The only benefit was the cute southern accents when you were lucky enough for a call to go through to HR
Pros
Mediocre compensation, may be ok for a new grad
Cons
High productivity, poor follow through from managment, no regard for hours
Unrealistic expectations.
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 21, 2017
Functional Pathways has been a company that was willing to employ me and work towards giving fair compensation over the years to account for my medical conditions. They have recently changed expectations of services to the nursing home that contracts with them without sufficient staffing in place. After the last full time PT quit the extra amount of time/work expected of me to fulfill these services is beyond what a part time PT can do. The current full time OT is also expressed dissatisfaction with the present amount of work expected.
Pros
Free lunches, mostly positive staff
Cons
amount of non-billable work with high productivity expectations, poor communication
Poor management and worse manager
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Attleboro nursing, LAnghorneOctober 4, 2016
Functional Pathways management is worse; they have very bad policies; even if you are sick you cannot take PTO; the manager has been reported for medicare fraud many times but is protected by the management. He has got 5 therapists fired in less than 9 months and 5 other therapists left the job because of his unfair practices and favoritism.
Their pay scale is the lowest and they advertise sign on bonus but wont pay you.
Very Unprofessional
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 10, 2016
I worked for this company for a few months and was very unimpressed. This company has a very unprofessional management team. I've witnessed several incidents that resulted in wrongful termination and terrible job security for those that work hard. I would not recommend working for this company.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
Unprofessional/ weak management and HR team
Got hired by them in June of 2016. Never given a shift
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 24, 2017
They have one facility that they staff in Denver. One. And they are constantly overstaffed. The therapists there barely get enough hours as it is, and jump to fill time when another therapist takes time off.

I was given a four day shift to cover for a vacationing therapist, and was called the night before the shift (less than 8 hours before start) to cancel my need.

I haven't heard from them again.
Pros
Cons
No work to be done.
Working less than expected hours due to over staffing. O
PTA (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHDecember 8, 2016
Have to go to other facilities to obtain more working hours. Have been averaging 25 -30 hrs/ week. Working at SNFs, Geriatrc PT.
Pros
Median pay scale
Cons
Not consistent full time hours at primary facility
ADLs in the morning.
COTA (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXJanuary 14, 2017
Great company to work for with great residents to work with. Busy all the time.
Great Team to work with; DOR is a great person to work with and carry a team of 12 people with ease.
Changing residents daily...rarely, saw the same resident through out their stay.
The joy in the resident's eyes when they get to go home in their prior level of function.
Pros
Free CEUs on Fpuniversity.
Cons
Must keep an hourly log on every resident just went into effect with effort to maintain.
The size of the company makes a huge difference
Therapist (Current Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 10, 2016
This mid-sized company is large enough to provide ample resources and opportunities for training, advancement, and competitive compensation for their therapists, yet small enough to truly feel like family, hold everyone to a high expectation, and foster a sense of teamwork, even with upper management.
I am unaware if other posters have worked with super-duper large RehabCompanies, which will remain unnamed, but when you do, you are literally treated like a robot that fills a therapist position who's sole purpose is to generate as much profit as possible, for the lowest wage possible. And I mean Low Wage. If you think FP was unrealistic in productivity expectations, poor in company culture, pays low wages, or doesn't treat their employees right, you're in for a shock when you experience some of the other very large, supposedly "top" rehab employers. So far, honestly, FP is one of the best companies I've had the pleasure to work for.
Pros
Not stingy on wages, training, compensation, They want highly trained, competent therapists--and want us to continue growing our skillset, They understand that they have to pay money to make money (happy, well-compensated, highly-trained therapists = more clinical programs, better outcomes)
Cons
Not company cons, but industry cons, such as too much time req to compose notes, using extensive verbage to satisfy ridiculous insurance co. requirements, which take away from the clinician-patient face to face experience.
Benefits of Functional Pathways
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 4, 2016
Functional Pathways offers many benefits that other companies do not. They have an online university for CEUs, licensure reimbursement, yearly symposium which brings the teams together, reward you for OT/PT/ST months, and many more fun activities to build team rapport.
Cons
pay rate is a little lower than average salary for COTA
Caring staff and company
FT/PRN Wexford House (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNAugust 30, 2016
Worked with company in full time, part time, and PRN levels. I was always made to feel welcome and appreciated in every facility and be the company. Management is caring and knowing of their jobs. Would like to work full time again with them.
Pros
Company accessibility

Want to know more about Functional Pathways?

Ask a question
Clerical work, assist therapist,transport patients
Rehab Technician (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 26, 2017
Nice environment for work with nice staff and Super wonderful director Rubi,fun environment, generous corporate, lovely company I do not regret having worked in that company
Great place to work when I was there.
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 27, 2016
It has been years since I worked for this company. It was a great experience when I was there. Great staff and plenty of available resources. I would consider working for them again.
Treats employees horribly
Former employee (Former Employee) –  KentuckyAugust 28, 2015
This company does not care about employees at all. i worked there for six years until they lost a contract and I, along with dozens of other employees, got laid off. They cheated me out of hundreds of dollars in PTO. If you plan on working there, be VERY wary of how much time off you have accrued because they WILL steal it from you when you're forced to leave because THEY couldn't keep a contract. Also they do not give raises. In the time I was there, employees got a 3 percent pay cut. Do not work for this company, not even if you're desperate.
Don't be fooled
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 8, 2016
This company will promise you all kinds of things to get you in the door - licensure reimbursement, possible management roles, certain hours and then renege or tell you to show them proof of who promised what. Don't be suckered into this job by false promises.
Pros
Great documentation software
Cons
Recruiting staff lies to get you in the door
Good company to work for.
Clinical Director (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, MAAugust 8, 2016
I was a good learning experience working for this company,. I learned a lot about how the Management System works as well as how to communicate efficiently with coworkers and employees. I also learned a lot about how to better myself as a manger.
Positive atmosphere/Caring employers
HR (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 15, 2012
I work on the corporate end of Funtional Pathways and have worked for several different companies in the same position. I have to say this is the best experience I have had so far. I feel this company is one you can actually believe in and you can trust what they say. The management actually cares about their employees and they do their jobs well. It is such a positive atmosphere and I am thrilled to be working for Functional Pathways. The hardest part is simply adjusting as we grow. We are growing with leaps and bounds which is great, but you have to make sure you keep up. They make it easy for you to adjust and do your job well, which is very important.
Pros
caring employers/friendly coworkers/great benefits
Cons
communication between induvidual employees lacks at times
Review summary of current position as Clinical Manager and Doctor of Physical Therapy
Physical Therapist, Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 23, 2015
Attend daily clinical and PPS meetings, prepare all staffing and scheduling. Evaluate and treat patient's as a physical therapist. The most challenging part of my position is working for an outsourced therapy company with different objectives than the SNF in which I work. Working 50-60 hours a week on salary pay. Began position as hourly, but I feel as the company switched me to salary to save money.
Pros
Job flexibility
Cons
Unfair compensation
Company is Poorly Managed
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 13, 2014
Functional Pathways has very poor senior management. This makes it difficult for all of the employees especially those in the field providing patient care. Decision are made in a vacuum based on the latest leadership book the management has read systems are not well thought out. The senior management wants only "yes" people.

Everyone in the corporate office are friends of the owner. Which causes issues if you do not play their game. Allowing weak management to stay in place.

Financials are truly the only concern. Patient care is secondary.
Pros
It is a job
Cons
Poor pay and benefits. Poor senior management
Great therapists and caring people to work with @ Lancashire Hall Nursing & Rehab
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 12, 2014
Responsible for assisting the Clinical Manager, the therapists, and the patients in the physical, occupational, and speech disciplines. Must insure confidentiality of operations, with the long-range interests of the company and its patients. Duties include daily scheduling of therapists, procuring insurance updates, maintaining the therapy minutes and projections for patients, processing of therapy orders and obtaining doctor signatures on the orders, processing therapy reports, keeping multiple records (electronically and written), printing documents as required by Lancashire Hall and Functional Pathways, ordering of medical and office equipment, and filing of records. This person will also field phone calls as needed.
Pros
helping people (therapists & patients)
Cons
salary for the amount of responsibility involved
Family owned company with elite values and people
Regional Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 6, 2013
The president and owner of this company is amazing and has created an elite team with elite values and sets themselves apart in the industry. They are a leading provider of rehab and services. The training for sales was more of a shot gun approach with little balance of work and life. Having only been home 8 days out of 60, makes traveling my home away from home. Overall, a great company. Improving the quality of life for residents in skilled nursing facilities is very rewarding. The tradeshows and networking events are very educational and a lot of fun. I have grown in industry knowledge, Medicare awareness and changes, and advanced in my territory and contacts.
Benefits
Cons
Intense travel schedule with little training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Functional Pathways. Our community is ready to answer.