Functional Pathways

Functional Pathways Employee Reviews

Very hard to work for a company out of state
Program Manager (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNMay 9, 2015
A great learning experience, management was inadequate and the regional manager had to large of a work load to attend to each facility
Great Team Experience!
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee), Summerville, SCMay 1, 2015
Pros: Team
Cons: Saying good-bye
I worked with a great team and learned all different kinds of personal TX. Hardest part of my job was saying good-bye to my patients.
Great experience
Phyical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), Louisville, OHApril 29, 2015
Implement therapy services under the direction of a PT. Friendly staff and great work environment. Flexible work schedule and good benefits.
a company that has no regards to how they treat their employees, their families, or people's lives in general
DOR (Former Employee), Knoxville TNApril 13, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: low pay, no raises, low PTO accrual, no employee support, afraid to deal with troubled employees
Functional pathways paints a good picture up front at time of hire. BUT after relocating myself and my spouse , leaving family and doctor's with a promise that we are a great company with values is a false statement.
Functional Pathways does not support their employees. They are more concerned with their facilities they are contracted for. I took a position of management, was told not by the company I worked for but instead by the company that contracted us what a wonderful job I was doing. We are so happy to have you here. Never received a negative statement at all. But because of an anonymous call by a trouble maker employee, ended up losing my job with no written reason. Never one write up, only positive feedback.
That is the first time in my 10+ yrs career to have ever been treated like this! Functional pathways does not support, back, or advance their employees. There is no pay increase. Their PTO accrual is lower than anywhere I have ever worked.
Functional pathways relocates trouble makers rather than dealing with the problem. Takes the word of these trouble makers over someone with great experience and great references from past employers and screws with people's lives. If it doesn't benefit Functional Pathways then it doesn't matter.
If you are looking for a company that supports their managers/employees, has room for salary growth, advancement within the company then this is NOT the company you want to work for.
Worst work environment and turnover of staff/managers
COTA/L (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCMarch 25, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: Horrible business model that is not therapist friendly in the least
Was hired to work here full time as a therapist that relocated to South Carolina - my first day on the job, the full time OT stated that there was NOT enough caseload to warrant bringing me into the facility in the first place and the regional manager was made aware of this by the OT. Then, regional manager stated to not worry about your productivity; subsequently, two weeks later complained that the facility productivity was too low. In a separate meeting weeks later, regional manager reports to therapy staff that "any mistakes that are being made at the middle management level are to be corrected by the therapy staff here". What a total insulting remark!
Rehab manager turnover is awful and rehab managers are hired with NO therapy background whatsoever (sort of explaining partially the turnover by all staff alike). Consequently, after only 5 months working, was layed off due to lack of caseload as was the case when arrived at my first day by the OT. The issues with inconsistent staffing continue to be an issue for 3 years now with a trend developed with the company business model of submitting new OT and COTA job alerts postings every spring and fall with advertisements via indeed.com and other hiring websites for this same facility.
Great co-worker environment
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee), OhioFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: great teamwork within therapy staff
Cons: not enough communication between case manager and therapy staff
Great co-workers who team up to provide quality care. Most enjoyable part of the jobs is the relationships built between staff and residents and using creative ways to adapt treatment specific to patient's needs and hobbies. Better communication between management staff and therapy staff would create a more efficient work environment.
Productivity!!!!
PTA (Former Employee), West Hills Health and Rehab/Knoxville, TNJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: great co workers
FP provides contract services for SNF, in a round about way...your threatened "they are Cameras", manager says " watch what you say". Your on Production...how many minutes you can get and management pushes for...ultra high categories and seems pt's are kept on case load longer than need be?? No breaks...computers/tablets don't work for you to be efficient.
West Hills Facility....has some hard working CNAs and great Nurses but major turn over...why?
Cause if administrator doesn't like you, your asked not to return to facility even without warning and has absolutely nothing to do with your job performance. FP says they try to relocate you but West Hills administrator has already black listed you.
Hard to say grounded with stress of both FP and West Hills facility...but you stay cause you care for the patients!
FPs values...SERIOUSLY!?!?
Great therapists and caring people to work with @ Lancashire Hall Nursing & Rehab
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Lancaster, PANovember 12, 2014
Pros: helping people (therapists & patients)
Cons: salary for the amount of responsibility involved
Responsible for assisting the Clinical Manager, the therapists, and the patients in the physical, occupational, and speech disciplines. Must insure confidentiality of operations, with the long-range interests of the company and its patients. Duties include daily scheduling of therapists, procuring insurance updates, maintaining the therapy minutes and projections for patients, processing of therapy orders and obtaining doctor signatures on the orders, processing therapy reports, keeping multiple records (electronically and written), printing documents as required by Lancashire Hall and Functional Pathways, ordering of medical and office equipment, and filing of records. This person will also field phone calls as needed.
Productive and fun place to work with a ping pong table.
Skilled Nursing Rehab Tech (Former Employee), Huntington, WVAugust 22, 2014
Good interaction with patients, relationship with hospital due to being a contract company.
It's a job
COTA (Current Employee), USAAugust 1, 2014
Pros: rewarding job
Cons: long drive, no pay raises, benefits are not great
Functional pathways has several values but fails to live up to most of them
Great Enviroment
Rehab Tech/ Administrative Assistent (Current Employee), Lagraanage, KYJuly 17, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: long travel time
The company as a whole is great! The drive in from Louisville is about 30 min.
Overall good working environment, good teamwork
Staff therapist (Current Employee), Kingsport, TNMay 29, 2014
Pros: enjoyable work environment, great team
Cons: reimbursement standards affecting climate of healthcare
Excellent manager who is fair in all circumstances. Coworkers are all like family, helping each other throughout the day to achieve outcomes for the department.
Therapist owned company
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee), Maryville, TNMay 18, 2014
Therapist owned and operated. Understand the challenges of healthcare today.
Productive and fun atmosphere.
PTA/PRN (Current Employee), Jackson, TNApril 10, 2014
Cons: no openings, not steady prn work. would like better salary.
SNF Med A and B pts. Love the work environment and the patients. There is plenty of room for the therapists to do their job as well as a variety of equipment provided. Management and co-workers very friendly and helpful. SLP as PD, OT, COTA, PT and 2 PTAs on staff. I was PRN filling in for PTA on medical leave. Hardest part of job was becoming adjusted to new environment as a recent grad.
Typical
Rehab Director/ COTA/L (Current Employee), Columbus, OhioMarch 29, 2014
Productivity demands are high (even for managers),pay is low, and benefits are not the best. Company moral is good and they are not micro managers for they understand the demands of the job.
Great Company!
Physical Therapist (Current Employee), PAJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: clinical, educational opportunities, family environment
Cons: all rehab companies are on a wage freeze
This is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. The focus on patient care and values helps set them apart from other rehab providers, and I have worked for many of them. I like the patient care environment and the support from the corporate office truly makes it a family environment.

They had a CEU symposium last year in Charlotte NC that was free for all employees who wanted to attend. It was awesome!

I also know the Regional who wrote the review on Jan 13th. She was Horrible. She constantly complained about the two previous companies she worked for (was fired from). It does not surprise me she is complaining about this one now that she got fired again. Good riddance!
Company is Poorly Managed
Regional Manager (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: it is a job
Cons: poor pay and benefits. poor senior management
Functional Pathways has very poor senior management. This makes it difficult for all of the employees especially those in the field providing patient care. Decision are made in a vacuum based on the latest leadership book the management has read systems are not well thought out. The senior management wants only "yes" people.

Everyone in the corporate office are friends of the owner. Which causes issues if you do not play their game. Allowing weak management to stay in place.

Financials are truly the only concern. Patient care is secondary.
Family owned company with elite values and people
Regional Sales Director (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNNovember 6, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: intense travel schedule with little training
The president and owner of this company is amazing and has created an elite team with elite values and sets themselves apart in the industry. They are a leading provider of rehab and services. The training for sales was more of a shot gun approach with little balance of work and life. Having only been home 8 days out of 60, makes traveling my home away from home. Overall, a great company. Improving the quality of life for residents in skilled nursing facilities is very rewarding. The tradeshows and networking events are very educational and a lot of fun. I have grown in industry knowledge, Medicare awareness and changes, and advanced in my territory and contacts.
Very busy environment working with elderly
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee), Hanover, PAJuly 24, 2013
Pros: rewarding and close to home.
Cons: many hours of working off the clock due to high productivity demands.
Providing skilled physical therapy to elderly population in skilled nursing facility setting. Enjoyable experiences working to improve functional mobility of the aging and injured. Small department with all great and friendly co-workers. A physically demanding position, but extremely rewarding.
Highly productivity oriented atmosphere
Speech-Language Pathologist (Current Employee), somewhere in the USJuly 12, 2013
Pros: having a tremendously rewarding job :) despite the company.
Cons: high turn over, no holiday differential, poor ceu and licensing reimbursement, all ceus earned off the clock, best choice of health benefits pretty middle of the road
No training or orientation provided. Relocation bonus was significantly reduced after I relocated nearly 1000 miles. You can work your butt off and will never be appreciated. Expectations get harder and harder to achieve over the years. With a pay cut, I now earn less than when I started a few years back. Lots of turn over causes you to have to work many holidays if you stay on, and you work for straight time on holidays. No paid lunch or breaks.

1 2 3