Functional Pathways

Functional Pathways Employee Reviews

Amazing Staff
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 8, 2013
Pros: computer based documentation
Cons: unreasonable productivity expectations
A great staff to work with. Company expected average productivity percentages but did not account for NPC time.
A great Rehab team with good communication skills.
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee), Middletown, OHMay 2, 2013
Pros: great team
Cons: n/a
A typical day starts with reviewing charts and the patient's current status in therapy, communicating with other therapist about any concerns with patient's response to treatment and implementing exercises and activities as needed to increase independence.
Management is flexible and everyone works well together and efficiently.
Productivity-First and always
Physical Therapist (Former Employee), Roxboro, NCApril 24, 2013
Management: micromanagement. Poor problem solvers. "My way or the highway" attitude.
85% productivity minimum.
No raises.
SLP and OT gets priority. Low respect/appreciation for PT.
FP considered Family!
RM (Current Employee), TennesseeMarch 27, 2013
Pros: excellent company values; continuing ed; family oriented;
I have worked for this wonderful company for 12 years. I can truly say that "I love my job". This company is passionate about their values and living them everyday while providing excellent patient care. This company has been a big part of my life, and has taken care of me and my famly. I recently faced some health issues and my FP family has been very supportive and encouraging during this trying time. I cannot picture myself working anywhere else!
Support for New Employees
CM (Current Employee), FloridaMarch 18, 2013
Pros: excellent support system!
As a new employee with FP (less than a year), I am amazed at the amount of time, energy and training that they spend on bringing new employees "up to speed." How many new managers get face to face training with the CEO himself? They have a Mentor program for new managers to assist with navigating and transistioning the new managers in thier new company or facility. This has been a tremendous help! I am so glad I decided to come on board with FP - they've invested in me and I will do my best to return that investment.
Fantastic Company!
Corporate Office (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNMarch 15, 2013
I have worked for Functional Pathways for over 6 years and can't see myself anywhere else! We stand strong on our values and have a very supportive team both professionally and personally. I'm proud to be a part of the FP family!
An Excellent Company!
Regional Manager (Current Employee), VirginiaMarch 13, 2013
FP is filled with talented, caring and dedicated people. I have worked with this company for several years. Professional and personal growth is a central focus for the entire company. The support given to all team members is one thing that stands out in this company. The health care field is forever changing, and FP does an amazing job staying abreast of new regulations. Quality patient care is at the core of everything that is done at FP. From recruiting, sales, marketing and leadership to computer software, quality care comes first. It is a joy and honor to be part of the team!
Positive and supportive company to work for!
Regional Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OhMarch 13, 2013
Functional Pathways provides the support necessary to do a great job. The values of the company are excellent and make you proud to be apart of this company.
This company gets it!
VPO (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNMarch 12, 2013
Pros: value based company. stability in an ever changing industry.
I currently work for this amazing company that makes decisions based on our values of Commitment, Relationships, Innovation, Passion, Self-improvement, and Responsibility . It's amazing how sticking to strong values leads to stability. Living by the core values creates a positive, encouraging, environment where we all take care of each other. It's a pleasure to be around people who live these values every day. Functional Pathways even has its own Cookie Jar fund that helps employees in need. I am extremely proud to be part of this team.
Positive and Encouraging Work Environment
Director of Creative Development (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNMarch 12, 2013
Pros: lots of flexibility, great environment!
Professional relationships with my co-workers are great. Everyone is passionate at what they do. Everyone is responsible and committed for his or her projects and the success of the company. Self-improvement is highly encouraged. Management has a clear, innovative outlook for the company. This is one of the best team environments I've ever been a part of.
values
manager (Current Employee), scMarch 12, 2013
Pros: values
This company believes in self improvement and promoting from within when possible. The culture is one of constant learning and commitment. They have 6 core values that they not only promote but live by and this means a lot being a therapist.
wonderful and pleasant company and staff
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, Licensed (Former Employee), Canton, GAFebruary 27, 2013
Typical day at work included treating patients, interacting with various therapy staff, other co-workers, and patients' family members/caregivers. The therapy staff worked well as a team and other co-workers in the building were very willing to help when needed. Being in geriatrics, the hardest part is when a current patient or past patient passes away. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the patients improve, regain strength, and return home.
Great co-workers and guaranteed job
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJanuary 16, 2013
Co-workers are all great and hard working individuals. The company does not provide any incentive to stay or even any kudos for great work.
There is so much room to grow at Functional Pathways.
Rehab Technician (Former Employee), Davenport, FLNovember 30, 2012
Pros: the conpany had the best holiday parties.
A productive workplace, I learned alot working at functional pathways. I was always confortable to go to work join my co-workers to get the job done. As a Rehab Technician i was able to provide high quality, passionate healthcare to families
Family oriented company with strong values
Director of Compliance (Current Employee), Akron, OhioNovember 15, 2012
Pros: career advancement, supports employee individuality, family oriented
Functional Pathways is the best national provider of physical, occupational, and speech therapy services I have ever worked for in my 25 years! There is no other company like Functional Pathways. And I plan to stay until they kick me out!!
Functional Pathways invests in people. The culture is like no other--we take responsibility for ourselves, our patients, and each other. Employees are not "just a number" and our owner even knows your name! We value long-lasting sincere relationships with our customers, patients, and each other. We are constantly helping each other to improve and are committed to do everything we can to provide excellent rehabilitation care to our patients.The passion about care giving flows from the top and it is contagious and can be witnessed in the field by the way we care for our patients and customers. Functional Pathways is truly a customer oriented company. We have external customers- our patients, family members, and facility members. We also have internal customers- Functional Pathways employees. We put the needs of our customers first.
The executive management team doesn't dictate how we should treat patients. The freedom of individualized care planning and treatment execution is in the hands of the therapist, not in the hands of corporate telling us how to treat patients.
We have innovative clinical programs that are actually trained and utilized in the field. Any rehab provider can have clinical programs and market clinical programs but if you aren't doing it in the field, then they are worthless. But we ARE doing them in field!!
Functional Pathways is truly an elite provider of therapy services in the nation. I am proud to work for such a fine company whose values are in line with mine.
Best therapy company I ever worked for
Regional Sales Director (Current Employee), Columbus OhioNovember 15, 2012
Pros: flexible
I have worked for functional pathways for over 4 years. The organization is very supportive of employees professionally and personally. A family oriented company. Their values match my own which is very important to me.
Innovative, Supportive & Ethical Company
Staff (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNNovember 15, 2012
Pros: support system is fantastic, they don't micromanage employees, they instill and have confidence in their employees
The corporate staff and management teams are so helpful and really care about employees and patients. They really incorporate company values and are passionate about what they do. They donate to various charities and help employees during times of need. They also provide thorough training to new therapy managers and also to seasoned managers, as self improvement and commitment to follow through is very important to the company. I am very proud to be an employee and have been for over 3 years now.
Positive atmosphere/Caring employers
HR (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNNovember 15, 2012
Pros: caring employers/friendly coworkers/great benefits
Cons: communication between induvidual employees lacks at times
I work on the corporate end of Funtional Pathways and have worked for several different companies in the same position. I have to say this is the best experience I have had so far. I feel this company is one you can actually believe in and you can trust what they say. The management actually cares about their employees and they do their jobs well. It is such a positive atmosphere and I am thrilled to be working for Functional Pathways. The hardest part is simply adjusting as we grow. We are growing with leaps and bounds which is great, but you have to make sure you keep up. They make it easy for you to adjust and do your job well, which is very important.
The provided excellant opportunities for continued education and provided a varity of opportunites for advancement.
COTA/L (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNSeptember 15, 2012
Pros: lots of opportunties to learn.
Cons: some people were at times difficult to work with.
I worked in two differant buildings, splitting my time based on the needs of the building. I learned that you have to be creative in order to reach the various needs of the folks who live there and that I work for them and that this is their home. The management was there for you and always ready to help- problem soolve and encourage you. The co-workers helped each other and I enjoyed making their lives meaningful and productive.
Professional/easy/repectful.
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST (Former Employee), Indiana PAJuly 27, 2012
Pros: kind environment.
Cons: they will not increase pay, lot of chit chat to divert from pay increase.
Managed well.

Great rehab patients.

Great staff.

Functional pathways is a contracted rehab company in a SNF ownes/managed separately, and the relationship is great.

Secure contract.