Functional Pathways Employee Reviews

stay away
Speech Pathologist (Current Employee) –  in the usaApril 5, 2016
This company is a joke. They don't care about their employees, their only concern is to make the contract happy, even going as far as hiding fraudulent behaviors of their contracts
Pros
Cons
too many to mention
Productive work environment and co-workers
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sykesville, MDSeptember 11, 2015
A typical day at Functional Pathways is busy, timely, and organized. Patients must be treated in a timely manner. All therapists offer great guidance, and other staff is helpful. Management is easy to talk to and helpful in any way possible. The hardest part of my job is meeting productivity demands required by insurance companies. The most enjoyable part of my job is the patients, and witnessing improvement in their quality of life.
a company that has no regards to how they treat their employees, their families, or people's lives in general
DOR (Former Employee) –  Knoxville TNApril 13, 2015
Functional pathways paints a good picture up front at time of hire. BUT after relocating myself and my spouse , leaving family and doctor's with a promise that we are a great company with values is a false statement.
Functional Pathways does not support their employees. They are more concerned with their facilities they are contracted for. I took a position of management, was told not by the company I worked for but instead by the company that contracted us what a wonderful job I was doing. We are so happy to have you here. Never received a negative statement at all. But because of an anonymous call by a trouble maker employee, ended up losing my job with no written reason. Never one write up, only positive feedback.
That is the first time in my 10+ yrs career to have ever been treated like this! Functional pathways does not support, back, or advance their employees. There is no pay increase. Their PTO accrual is lower than anywhere I have ever worked.
Functional pathways relocates trouble makers rather than dealing with the problem. Takes the word of these trouble makers over someone with great experience and great references from past employers and screws with people's lives. If it doesn't benefit Functional Pathways then it doesn't matter.
If you are looking for a company that supports their managers/employees, has room for salary growth, advancement within the company then this is NOT the company you want to work for.
Pros
Cons
low pay, no raises, low PTO accrual, no employee support, afraid to deal with troubled employees
Productivity!!!!
PTA (Former Employee) –  West Hills Health and Rehab/Knoxville, TNJanuary 22, 2015
FP provides contract services for SNF, in a round about way...your threatened "they are Cameras", manager says " watch what you say". Your on Production...how many minutes you can get and management pushes for...ultra high categories and seems pt's are kept on case load longer than need be?? No breaks...computers/tablets don't work for you to be efficient.
West Hills Facility....has some hard working CNAs and great Nurses but major turn over...why?
Cause if administrator doesn't like you, your asked not to return to facility even without warning and has absolutely nothing to do with your job performance. FP says they try to relocate you but West Hills administrator has already black listed you.
Hard to say grounded with stress of both FP and West Hills facility...but you stay cause you care for the patients!
FPs values...SERIOUSLY!?!?
Pros
Great Co workers
Review summary of current position as Clinical Manager and Doctor of Physical Therapy
Physical Therapist, Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 23, 2015
Attend daily clinical and PPS meetings, prepare all staffing and scheduling. Evaluate and treat patient's as a physical therapist. The most challenging part of my position is working for an outsourced therapy company with different objectives than the SNF in which I work. Working 50-60 hours a week on salary pay. Began position as hourly, but I feel as the company switched me to salary to save money.
Pros
Job flexibility
Cons
Unfair compensation
Great therapists and caring people to work with @ Lancashire Hall Nursing & Rehab
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 12, 2014
Responsible for assisting the Clinical Manager, the therapists, and the patients in the physical, occupational, and speech disciplines. Must insure confidentiality of operations, with the long-range interests of the company and its patients. Duties include daily scheduling of therapists, procuring insurance updates, maintaining the therapy minutes and projections for patients, processing of therapy orders and obtaining doctor signatures on the orders, processing therapy reports, keeping multiple records (electronically and written), printing documents as required by Lancashire Hall and Functional Pathways, ordering of medical and office equipment, and filing of records. This person will also field phone calls as needed.
Pros
helping people (therapists & patients)
Cons
salary for the amount of responsibility involved
Family owned company with elite values and people
Regional Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 6, 2013
The president and owner of this company is amazing and has created an elite team with elite values and sets themselves apart in the industry. They are a leading provider of rehab and services. The training for sales was more of a shot gun approach with little balance of work and life. Having only been home 8 days out of 60, makes traveling my home away from home. Overall, a great company. Improving the quality of life for residents in skilled nursing facilities is very rewarding. The tradeshows and networking events are very educational and a lot of fun. I have grown in industry knowledge, Medicare awareness and changes, and advanced in my territory and contacts.
Benefits
Cons
Intense travel schedule with little training
Great Company!
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  PAJanuary 30, 2014
This is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. The focus on patient care and values helps set them apart from other rehab providers, and I have worked for many of them. I like the patient care environment and the support from the corporate office truly makes it a family environment.

They had a CEU symposium last year in Charlotte NC that was free for all employees who wanted to attend. It was awesome!

I also know the Regional who wrote the review on Jan 13th. She was Horrible. She constantly complained about the two previous companies she worked for (was fired from). It does not surprise me she is complaining about this one now that she got fired again. Good riddance!
Pros
Clinical, educational opportunities, Family environment
Cons
All rehab companies are on a wage freeze
Highly productivity oriented atmosphere
Speech-Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  somewhere in the USJuly 12, 2013
No training or orientation provided. Relocation bonus was significantly reduced after I relocated nearly 1000 miles. You can work your butt off and will never be appreciated. Expectations get harder and harder to achieve over the years. With a pay cut, I now earn less than when I started a few years back. Lots of turn over causes you to have to work many holidays if you stay on, and you work for straight time on holidays. No paid lunch or breaks.

Pros
Having a tremendously rewarding job :) despite the company.
Cons
High turn over, no holiday differential, poor CEU and licensing reimbursement, all ceus earned off the clock, best choice of health benefits pretty middle of the road
The provided excellant opportunities for continued education and provided a varity of opportunites for advancement.
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNSeptember 15, 2012
I worked in two differant buildings, splitting my time based on the needs of the building. I learned that you have to be creative in order to reach the various needs of the folks who live there and that I work for them and that this is their home. The management was there for you and always ready to help- problem soolve and encourage you. The co-workers helped each other and I enjoyed making their lives meaningful and productive.
Pros
lots of opportunties to learn.
Cons
some people were at times difficult to work with.
Innovative, Supportive & Ethical Company
Staff (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 15, 2012
The corporate staff and management teams are so helpful and really care about employees and patients. They really incorporate company values and are passionate about what they do. They donate to various charities and help employees during times of need. They also provide thorough training to new therapy managers and also to seasoned managers, as self improvement and commitment to follow through is very important to the company. I am very proud to be an employee and have been for over 3 years now.
Pros
support system is fantastic, they don't micromanage employees, they instill and have confidence in their employees
Family oriented company with strong values
Director of Compliance (Current Employee) –  Akron, OhioNovember 15, 2012
Functional Pathways is the best national provider of physical, occupational, and speech therapy services I have ever worked for in my 25 years! There is no other company like Functional Pathways. And I plan to stay until they kick me out!!
Functional Pathways invests in people. The culture is like no other--we take responsibility for ourselves, our patients, and each other. Employees are not "just a number" and our owner even knows your name! We value long-lasting sincere relationships with our customers, patients, and each other. We are constantly helping each other to improve and are committed to do everything we can to provide excellent rehabilitation care to our patients.The passion about care giving flows from the top and it is contagious and can be witnessed in the field by the way we care for our patients and customers. Functional Pathways is truly a customer oriented company. We have external customers- our patients, family members, and facility members. We also have internal customers- Functional Pathways employees. We put the needs of our customers first.
The executive management team doesn't dictate how we should treat patients. The freedom of individualized care planning and treatment execution is in the hands of the therapist, not in the hands of corporate telling us how to treat patients.
We have innovative clinical programs that are actually trained and utilized in the field. Any rehab provider can have clinical programs and market clinical programs but if you aren't doing it in the field, then they are worthless. But we ARE doing them in field!!
Functional Pathways
  more... is truly an elite provider of therapy services in the nation. I am proud to work for such a fine company whose values are in line with mine.  less
Pros
career advancement, supports employee individuality, family oriented
Support for New Employees
CM (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 18, 2013
As a new employee with FP (less than a year), I am amazed at the amount of time, energy and training that they spend on bringing new employees "up to speed." How many new managers get face to face training with the CEO himself? They have a Mentor program for new managers to assist with navigating and transistioning the new managers in thier new company or facility. This has been a tremendous help! I am so glad I decided to come on board with FP - they've invested in me and I will do my best to return that investment.
Pros
excellent support system!
Great co-worker environment
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  OhioFebruary 3, 2015
Great co-workers who team up to provide quality care. Most enjoyable part of the jobs is the relationships built between staff and residents and using creative ways to adapt treatment specific to patient's needs and hobbies. Better communication between management staff and therapy staff would create a more efficient work environment.
Pros
Great teamwork within therapy staff
Cons
Not enough communication between case manager and therapy staff
A great learning experience
Speech-Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHJune 15, 2015
I very much enjoyed working at the SNF for Functional Pathways. My caseload was down, and I had just bought a home so I needed 40 hours a week so I decided to leave. I had great nursing staff and fellow therapists to work with and I learned so much in this position. I would recommend it to another SLP.
Pros
Salary, benefits, facility staff
Cons
inconsistent hours
It's a job
COTA (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 1, 2014
Functional pathways has several values but fails to live up to most of them
Pros
Rewarding job
Cons
Long drive, no pay raises, benefits are not great
Positive and Encouraging Work Environment
Director of Creative Development (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 12, 2013
Professional relationships with my co-workers are great. Everyone is passionate at what they do. Everyone is responsible and committed for his or her projects and the success of the company. Self-improvement is highly encouraged. Management has a clear, innovative outlook for the company. This is one of the best team environments I've ever been a part of.
Pros
lots of flexibility, great environment!
A great Rehab team with good communication skills.
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHMay 2, 2013
A typical day starts with reviewing charts and the patient's current status in therapy, communicating with other therapist about any concerns with patient's response to treatment and implementing exercises and activities as needed to increase independence.
Management is flexible and everyone works well together and efficiently.
Pros
Great team
Cons
N/A
Worst work environment and turnover of staff/managers
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMarch 25, 2015
Was hired to work here full time as a therapist that relocated to South Carolina - my first day on the job, the full time OT stated that there was NOT enough caseload to warrant bringing me into the facility in the first place and the regional manager was made aware of this by the OT. Then, regional manager stated to not worry about your productivity; subsequently, two weeks later complained that the facility productivity was too low. In a separate meeting weeks later, regional manager reports to therapy staff that "any mistakes that are being made at the middle management level are to be corrected by the therapy staff here". What a total insulting remark!
Rehab manager turnover is awful and rehab managers are hired with NO therapy background whatsoever (sort of explaining partially the turnover by all staff alike). Consequently, after only 5 months working, was layed off due to lack of caseload as was the case when arrived at my first day by the OT. The issues with inconsistent staffing continue to be an issue for 3 years now with a trend developed with the company business model of submitting new OT and COTA job alerts postings every spring and fall with advertisements via indeed.com and other hiring websites for this same facility.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Horrible business model that is not therapist friendly in the least
Great place to work to help people
National Corporate Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 23, 2015
FP was a great experience and a place where you could change and touch lives with your position. A company that would do what they said they would do and always followed through with it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Functional Pathways. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval