Compliance Analyst, Compliance Department
This position will primarily be responsible for ensuring the firm’s Compliance with Code of Ethics and Personal Trading. It will require the ability to perform Audits and complete Special Projects within the Compliance Department. Serves as the Compliance ERISA point of contact and backup for advertising and RFP review. Position will be responsible for independent ongoing education in Compliance.
Fund Evaluation Group, LLC (FEG) is a recognized leader in the field of institutional investment consulting. FEG was founded in 1988 to provide independent investment advice to institutional investors. Today, the firm advises on over $30 billion in client assets. The firm is 100% employee owned with all partners active in the business and is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio.
FEG markets through two distribution channels:
Institutions – Endowments, public and private foundations, pension plans, healthcare institutions and not-for-profit entities. Within the institutional channel, FEG primarily markets traditional consulting services (FEG Consulting) and discretionary portfolio management services (FEG Managed Portfolios).
Financial Intermediaries – Independent RIAs, wealth managers, family offices, banks, broker dealers and insurance companies. Within the financial intermediary channel, FEG markets hedge fund of funds and Managed Portfolios.
FEG manages two hedge fund-of-funds. The two FEG hedge fund-of-funds were created to provide investors with access to best of class institutional hedge fund managers at a low minimum investment and cost. The funds leverage FEG’s hedge fund experience advising on alternative investments for endowments and other institutional clients. FEG offers similar solutions to clients for private capital.
- Maintain firm’s reporting system for Code of Ethics and Pay to Play reporting.
- Serve as backup for Advertising and RFP Review.
- Auditing and special projects as assigned by the CCO, including private fund compliance.
- ERISA Compliance contact and regulatory filings
- Assist the CCO in completing annual review and risk assessments for the organization.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree Required/Advance Degree Preferred (or working towards)
- 5 years + of progressive compliance experience preferably with the Investment Adviser’s Act of 1940 and Investment Company Act of 1940.
- Auditing and Testing experience a plus.
- Operations experience a plus.
- Understanding of Private Fund structures.
- Understand of Fund-of-Fund structures.
- Excellent Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong presentational skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written skills-writes and speaks clearly and persuasively
- Ability to understand regulatory rules and update compliance program accordingly
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Dependability-responds to and follow managements direction and completes assigned tasks in a timely manner; takes responsibility for own actions
- Detail oriented
- Strong project management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong teamwork skills
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to new ideas and gives and welcomes feedback
- Possess initiative
Cincinnati Office – Firm Headquarters
Competitive compensation and bonus opportunities commensurate with qualifications and performance
Position: Compliance Analyst
Type: Full Time/Exempt
Manages Others: No
Reports To: Chief Compliance Officer
Fund Evaluation Group, LLC
201 E. Fifth Street, Suite 1600
Cincinnati, OH 45202
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to high standards, both in our investment approach and in the manner we conduct our own business.