Fundamental Employee Reviews

The company love drama
Activity Director (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 16, 2017
If you desperately in need for a job can't get hired anywhere then this job still would not be for you it has been sold 3 times they can't pay the bills of the company or just won't your job is in jeopardy. If you get a 1 percent raise that's all it will be if that since they have a new owner. If you a department head you get other people trying to run your job instead of thier own they can't even keep an administrator that's how bad this place is . If state come in the building your expecting to lie on your paper work to save corporate behind putting your license on the line. To much back biting and administrators in on it. To many sticky fingers I've had things bought for the residents stolen nothing done. Do not waist your time going here.
Pros
Cons
Residents
The worst
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 5, 2017
Do not walk from here.....RUN. Absolutely the worst NH I've ever worked in. The poor residents are wonderful and are stuck with this awful company. They are neglected and don't get the care they deserve. Management is terrible.....there are so many "managers". New administration was supposed to be great but nothing changed. Nurses are rude and will throw you under the bus. ALWAYS understaffed. You will see "managers" you've never even heard of or met before working on the hall once DHEC walks through the door. They will tell you to lie and hide things from DHEC, such as aerosol sprays and powders. Equipment is awful and poorly managed.

Obviously you're going to have issues everywhere you work, but this place has some terrible, terrible management. RUN from here.
Pros
Honestly? None. Benefits weren't horrible. There's always OT!
Cons
Everything you can think of when you think of "bad NH"
Rewarding job, great team
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCMarch 9, 2017
No healthcare employer is perfect, but the staff works together here and keeps the patients best at the front. Stable company with ok benefits. Overall a fun place to work. Most of the bad reviews are not from the Lancaster location as the company is nationwide.
Pros
Stable place to work. good team
Cons
Healthcare can be stressfull
When co. took over, quality patient care went down.
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lancaster SCJune 22, 2016
As a nurse I always take pride in what I do and where I work. I wouldn't work for a place that I
wouldn't want my own loved ones to go to. This is that place! Quality of Care is poor just out to make a profit which is what business is and fine, but when it's at the expense of good quality, nursing care and quality supplies and that's if you even have them .Mandatory on call, several weeks out of year for each nurse. Mandatory 16 hr shifts has become a norm for cnas also . poor retention of nursing staff, DON constantly asks staff to work overtime if you don't, watch out, it's greatly frowned upon.. Definitely not a good work/life balance. Some coworkers friendly others rude, Nursing staff exhausted Poor communication between depts. Yet every one knows everybodies personal business, no hippa laws for staff. Very clicky administration with unprofessional qualities.
Would NOT recommend working for this company! Would NOT recommend it's services to any family or friends!
Pros
Always plenty of overtime
Cons
So many, low pay, no raises, building is dirty to name a few
Would not recommend
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SCAugust 13, 2016
Worked here several years. Always short staffed. Never get raises. New people off the street walk in making making more money than the ones that have been loyal for years. Administration dont care about the staff or staffing.
Pros
Nine
Horrible place to work
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 17, 2016
I took a job here after I was a new grad, and it almost changed my mind about wanting to be a nurse in the first place. I stayed for a couple of years, thinking decent management may eventually straighten the place out. It never did. Overworked, underappreciated, absurd patient-nurse ratios, unclean, no supplies, poor management, that always put patient care LAST. I lived in fear of losing my license the entire time I worked there. They overstaffed when State was coming to "look good" and ran skeleton crews the rest of the time. POOR EXCUSE for a "caring facility."
Pros
High nurse-patient ratios taught me valuable time mgmt skills.
Cons
It almost burnt me out from nursing all together
Not the best place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 23, 2017
Loved most of my coworkers management was terrible they couldn't careless about the over worked and under paid employees the only thing management cared about was filling up the beds some of nurses and cna's did generally care about the residents but for the others it was just about the money which makes for a bad work environment the company is not ran on principles it's ran on personality also the turn over rate is at an all time high my suggestion this is a place to gain experience not to retire from
Pros
Residents
Cons
Too much to write
Terrible place to work
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 12, 2016
This is one worst places to work no breaks no help short staff every shift every day management treats staff like they don't matter
Pay sucks benefits aren't worth the money you pay
Run fast and far from this company
Pros
None not even friendly coworkers
Cons
Thier motto is not even worth the breath to say
Not worth it
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 11, 2016
This company could care less about their patients let alone the staff. Filling beds is the only focus yet there is never the supplies needed to care for the patients and the supplies you do have are the worst available. The pay is the lowest in the area and you always work short staffed because people are always quitting. Poor management makes working there impossible. The medical insurance is very expensive and covers NOTHING!! No raises even if your yearly review is complete with a hold rating. I don't recommend this company to anyone!!
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Constant cover up and hiding poor nursing practices
Department Head (Current Employee) –  Denison, TXOctober 28, 2016
Poor management, understaffed, constant turnover, weekends are horrible for residents care, no true concern for residents, corporate focuses only on filling beds, no team work, management cliques, poor morale, neglect and cover up is focus of nursing. Concerns are not addressed, just covered up with paperwork. State is in the building routinely from complaints.
Former employee
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 4, 2017
The worst place to work. I do not recommend it at all. They click up and the office department heads are crooked. They retaliated if you speak your concerns to the correct people. It was a blessing to leave this place.
Pros
Cons
Everything, Breaks, over worked and under paid. Never any staff to work, and no call no shows, because they are tired of the way this place is ran.
No compassion for seniors
Admissions (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 15, 2016
I asked upper mgmt why they consider Fundamental a good company to work for because I was having a hard time seeing it. I was told because "we have a good legal department." No heart whatsoever, no empathy, no compassion. Not really sure how there upper mgmt sleeps at night.
Really.....what a thing to say! No...because we believe seniors deserve to have the best quality of life we can offer within the means given to us that are totally out of our control. For example..,,a budget that is only interested in repaying or attracting investors first and foremost. This is an industry problem by the way and will not change until the public lobby's for change!
Stressful
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaOctober 3, 2016
I worked here for 3 yrs and it was very stressful. U work from the time u get there. Until I leave with. Little to no help. Great residents that get neglected because of management not staffing properly etc. The nurses and cnas are quite rude and very childish. Your pay check wouldn't even be $600 every 2 weeks unless u get OT but you'll be so burnt out u can't do ot.
Pros
none really
Cons
Short Breaks, No Help, Under staffed. daily.
not so good
Daycare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grandview Heights, OHDecember 12, 2016
not to good. not good. if you are different culture you wont be there long. they just stayed in there groups. and thirs is alot of drama with the teachers
They will attempt to get you to use your license
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Iowa Park, TXSeptember 22, 2016
I was turned into the BON & had to fight to keep my license because the management refused to take responsibility for the lack of training, being understaffed is a understatement. I don't know how this place is still open. Night shift sleeps in empty rooms. Patients aren't taken care of properly!!
Pros
NoNe
Cons
Too many to lost, but if you want to Jeep your license.. RuN!!
Stay away
RN (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 12, 2016
The current Administrator is a wicked person who is bringing all of her family and friends in to work while firing everyone else! HR lady lies very bad and your check is never right! Short staff everyday! No raises! No respect! That is the worse job I have ever worked at! STAY AWAY!
Pros
Weekly pay
New hospital
Maintenance Technician-I (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 8, 2016
I enjoyed the job and the busy environment but it was lacking in leadership. Multiple times there has been changes in management causing confusion and a break down in communication.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
No structure or stability
Professional and Polite work place willing to work with you
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  New Hope, PAJanuary 16, 2017
Fundamental allows me the flexibility and the structure that works for my lifestyle. They are professional and give a sense of pride to work for.
Horrible place(former employee)
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJuly 29, 2016
Over worked employees, horrible management that really don't address problems correctly. Careless, wreckless and neglect to the residents. Discriminate against employess. Would not recommend to let your family go there. Patients that leave in worse condition than they came in with and wrongful neglect. The administrator won't correct problems unless it is to do with the garden. Very disturbing place to work at.
Never again
Cook (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOMay 24, 2016
The place is all about bad management need to be fired a traveling don don't know what she doing floor managers don't know what there doing and trying to flirt with anybody. Downstairs always smell like dodo, and the administrator (the 4th one) is a cross dresser so to all that apply for this job don't do it. You have been warned
Pros
Its a few nurses and cnas that do take care of the residents
Cons
Admin, don, some of the nurings staff full of #$%&

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fundamental. Our community is ready to answer.

2.1