Fundamental

Fundamental Employee Reviews

Work hard for what ?!? Management follow the rules/policies whenever they want too!!!!
Nurse (Former Employee), Greenville, scMay 5, 2015
Pros: Weekly pay!!!
Cons: Short staff, attitudes....etc.
No teamwork!!!! If you are not part of the group watch your back!!!! Nurses tell on each other!!!! Current DON is not fair!!!! Many bad attitudes from residents family members to management. Be careful!!!!
Fundamental was a great place to work.
Director of Nursing (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXApril 29, 2015
My day started making rounds and checking on the facility and the residents and it would end the same way. I learned that you can have a great building but you have to work hard and keep a good team to keep happy resident and families.
Great company for advancment
Business Office Manager (Former Employee), Lee's Summit, MOApril 4, 2015
Fundamental has a strong leadership team dedicated to it's employees. The management team is consistently training and developing a culture of outstanding customer service.
Poor Management/communication
nurse (Current Employee), Upstate SC (Inman)February 13, 2015
Pros: residents are caring & makes the day worth it
Cons: too many to list
If you value your certification or license, think twice before applying. Very difficult to complete task required. Poor communication. Unlimited and unrealistic expectations. One sided management team. No equal fairness. Attitudes in many departments.
DON is over abrasive. Poor teamwork from nursing management area.
I only stay to earn money. But go home daily disappointed.
They don't have benefits, nor is the pay competitive. It's minimum wage
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Iowa parkNovember 19, 2014
Cons: everyone acts like you're beneath them because you're housekeeping, and they don't pay their bills so nothing works properly.
They don't have benefits for housekeeping, nor is the pay competitive. It's minimum wage. I applied for this job because of a job ad like this one and was very disappointed when I got the job, so I stayed long enough to find another one.
LVN
Nurse (Former Employee), BeltonOctober 27, 2014
Pros: the patients only.
Management does not care about who you are as an individual. You are not part of the team even though they say you are. No chances for raises or advancement. You must be part of their click to be considered part of their team. They don't care about who you are as an individual or if your input matters. I would run from this job if I would of known what I was getting myself into. I loved the patients and a few of the staff I worked with, but the management does not care about you. If you are looking for a job where they care, look somewhere else. I would of if I would known. I know now and I am running as fast as I can.
DO NOT WORK HERE
cna (Former Employee), monett, moOctober 6, 2014
Pros: none.
Cons: hardly any breaks, not enought staff ever! do to "low resident count"
this company is a bad company to work for! they under staff, underpay and lie! if you want to feel good about the job you do DO NOT work for them!! i worked for them when they bought out benchmark and it was the worst thing ever! they are not a company id be proud to say i work for. and they treat there residents very badly!!!
No move for "true" advancement
Data Entry (Former Employee), Henderson, NVAugust 8, 2014
Pros: family type atmosphere
Cons: no true advancement
I worked for this company for over eight years. Got a college degree and was led to believe I would be considered for an Administrator in Trainer position. While I did move into different positions over the years, my ultimate goal was to be an Administrator and I was extremely upset that the interview wasn't a true interview. The regional manager didn't even know what I did for the company, though we had exchanged e-mails for a few years about my degree and my goals within the company. I would have liked to have been better prepared for the interview rather than called into the Administrator's office two minutes beforehand. Wish they would have respected me more.
stay away from anything by fundamental
cna (Former Employee), Spartanburg scAugust 5, 2014
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: short staffed all the time
Very stressful place to work and I worked at two different locations..they get the worse clients most are total care..a raise is unheard there...
out the door
lpn (Former Employee), ballwin, moJuly 18, 2014
Do not work for this company. I got one write up and they sent me out the door. They are unfair to their employees. The coworkers at Ballwin rehab are rude and treat you like you don't know what you are doing. You also have to work alot of overtime because they are always short and not able to keep help.
A horrid company
Lpn (Former Employee), N Las Vegas,Harmon hospital, Vegas valley rehabMay 20, 2014
Pros: always overtime
Cons: under staffed low pay bad management and hr
Do not work for FUNDAMENTALS! The company treats employees like 2nd class citizens. The management changes so quickly. After working for the company over 5 years they had gone through over 10 director of nursing I KIDD u not! As an LPN u will not advance in the company. No raises no matter how great your yearly reviews are. Insurance is so expensive through the company 90% of the floor staff goes without. Such a shame. Proper functioning equipment is rarely available. Staff is threatened by patients or patient visitors.
Great Progressive Conpany
Administrator (Current Employee), NevadaMay 17, 2014
This is an excellent company to work for, especially if you are a young driven executive. Upper management is completely accessible and understands the benefits and pitfalls of every position.
Lovely Experience
Administrator (Former Employee), TexasMay 9, 2014
Lovely experience, good teams, good leadership. Wish there was more opportunity.
Former Employee-CNA
CNA (Former Employee), Harrisonville, MOApril 3, 2014
Pros: some friendly employees
Cons: everything is bad....
Dirty work environment. Always understaffed. Very heavy care residents. Horribly low pay. Rude Administator/Management. No employee appreciation. Unreasonable demands. Nasty food. Lazy housekeeping/laundry.
Over all, bad place to work.
Don't do it.
Lvn (Former Employee), Lubbock, txMarch 20, 2014
Pros: it was a paycheck
Cons: too many too list
Too many pts with trachs, and peg tubes, and wound care. Not enough help. No respiratory therapist to help with the trachs. I was always scared I'd lose my license. The administration and the DON are ridiculous and don't know what they are doing. They get the worst pts here that no one else will accept obviously. If you value your license and your sanity don't go here. You spend forever charting. And the place is nasty.
Worst job I ever had
lvn (Former Employee), TexasFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: mostly good coworkers if they stayed
Cons: no breaks, overworked and understated, not enough pay
First of all this company could care less about the "peons" who support the building, the are more concerned about taking care of management and cutting costs. I don't know how many times I went to do wound care, trach care, or even give a g-tube feeding only to find out we had no supplies. Expected you to clock out and finished your work unpaid to keep from paying overtime. If you value your license, sanity, and actually care about your patients, stay far away from this company.
NOOOOOOO!!!
Nurse (Former Employee), st louisJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: everything else unless you are on the corporate level
This is a top heavy company who invests in flying corp vps around the country to throw there weight around on the employees who actually do some work to keep this company afloat, they DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT SUPPORT THERE EMPLOYEES!!!!! Please dont waste your time!!!!I should have read up on this "company".........If you hear about this company acquiring your facility......RUN!!!!
Good Work Life Balance - Flexible hours, pleasant work environment, free membership to gym
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Sparks, MDDecember 23, 2013
Pros: free access to gym and programs associated with the gym
Cons: no wage increase in 3 years
Work would begin at 7:30 where I would report to my cube and begin my daily duties. I would take an hour lunch around 11:30 and return at 12:30. Often times I would walk around the beautiful lanscaped property which included a pond and benches. There was also a nice cafe to eat lunch and tables outside to eat if preferred. After lunch I would continue to work at my cubical until the end of the work day at 4:30.

I had a wonderful supervisor and co-workers who would be willing to assist me with anything that I needed help with or problems that I may not be able to resolve without help. The people – more... were freindly and pleasant to work with and I created several friendships while working there.

Managment was very helpful and was very clear about expectations. Managment was always quick to assist and not very critical.

The hardest part of my job was learning cost reports but that was not very difficult as the remibursement department and my supervisor would assist in areas that were not as easy for accountants to understand.

I learned a lot about how the healthcare industry for nursing home facilities work and of course the accounting aspects of the industry. I learned to work independently yet know when to ask for assistance without taking too long to try and resolve issues and be able to make decisions without having to ask management unless necessary.

I really enjoyed the pleasant work atmosphere.and the people who I worked with.

In three years the company was not able to financially give raises across the board and there is not much room for advancement or growth potential. – less
Crazy environment
lpn (Current Employee), saint louis, moDecember 7, 2013
Pros: a check
Cons: everything
This company doesn't care about patients just census and money. You don't have enough help, everyone wants to be management but have no clue on how to manage. The supplies are inadequate. They get the worst off patients that they can't care for. .DON'T DO IT!!!!
N/A
Human Resource Assistant (Current Employee), Sparks, MDDecember 1, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Fun. The office is well designed and the leadership is focused on business objectives.

Fundamental Salaries