Fundamental Employee Reviews

Worse place I've ever worked
LPN (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJune 21, 2017
* DON/management - self serving, ill informed, money hungry, two
faced. They hide mistakes, change
charting, and don't answer their phones.
* Always short staffed ( No RN in the building at night, Management
rarely works a cart to help staff, they help spread gossip, they
promise two nurses on rehab but really one nurse attempts to care
for 30-34 patients alone with 1 CNA, The job is stressful and
unsafe.)
* Not enough Supplies
* No food,snacks, or nourishment for patients
* No organization
* No consequences for poor care or med errors.
* Little if any staff development
* Short and incomplete orientation
* Poor breakdown of paychecks/stubs hard to read and verify
* Night shift has little to no resources or access to management
* All staff is passive and refuse to assume responsibility.
but...The pay rate is awesome!
Pros
The pay rate is awesome!
Cons
just about everything but the pay is horrid
Horrible!!!!! Extremely horrible!!!
LVN (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 21, 2017
As a part of administrative staff and a nurse this place is horrible. No improvements can be made because nobody wants to work towards improvement. Staff nurses are lazy and entitled. But this appears to be the trend because administration is lazy and entitled also. Floor nurses and cna's are overworked and certainly underpaid.....and it shows. Administration is comprised of bullies. They bully the staff and the residents as well. The ADON has been accused on several occasions of abuse but this is accepted. This is not a place that is at all interested in providing excellent care to residents and families. Heads in the beds.....that's it. Severely and critically understaffed at all times. Has no regard for resident safety or the safety of their staff. Floor staff will at times work 17-18 hour days several nights in a row. They are exhausted and management doesn't care as long as it does not affect their day in any way. If you decide to work for this company.....God bless you. You will need it.
Just another money maker
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 7, 2017
Current employee of 6mo and I'm already burnt out. Have been a nurse for 10 years and was decieved by how nice the facility was. No help, excessive charting, rarely any supplies, and no training. Do not work for this corporation regardless of how nice the place is or how NEW it is.
Pros
Cons
No lunch break, supplies, staff, etc.
Stressful and exhausting
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXMay 16, 2017
Managers were rude and it became a stressful and toxic environment. They expected you to do more than you could during the day and were upset if you couldn't get it all done.
Pros
The residents & a handful of workers
Cons
Everything else
Rewarding job, great team
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, SCMarch 9, 2017
No healthcare employer is perfect, but the staff works together here and keeps the patients best at the front. Stable company with ok benefits. Overall a fun place to work. Most of the bad reviews are not from the Lancaster location as the company is nationwide.
Pros
Stable place to work. good team
Cons
Healthcare can be stressfull
No job security
Administrator (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaFebruary 23, 2017
Dont plan on a long term career as an administrator with this company. They have a high turnover for administrators. They have a hotline that staff use and take advantage of making lies on the Administrator to get rid of them. They are not supportive of the Administrator. Money focus more important then quality.
Pros
Clinical programs
Cons
No sense of job security
Not the best place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 23, 2017
Loved most of my coworkers management was terrible they couldn't careless about the over worked and under paid employees the only thing management cared about was filling up the beds some of nurses and cna's did generally care about the residents but for the others it was just about the money which makes for a bad work environment the company is not ran on principles it's ran on personality also the turn over rate is at an all time high my suggestion this is a place to gain experience not to retire from
Pros
Residents
Cons
Too much to write
The company love drama
Activity Director (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 16, 2017
If you desperately in need for a job can't get hired anywhere then this job still would not be for you it has been sold 3 times they can't pay the bills of the company or just won't your job is in jeopardy. If you get a 1 percent raise that's all it will be if that since they have a new owner. If you a department head you get other people trying to run your job instead of thier own they can't even keep an administrator that's how bad this place is . If state come in the building your expecting to lie on your paper work to save corporate behind putting your license on the line. To much back biting and administrators in on it. To many sticky fingers I've had things bought for the residents stolen nothing done. Do not waist your time going here.
Pros
Cons
Residents
Professional and Polite work place willing to work with you
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  New Hope, PAJanuary 16, 2017
Fundamental allows me the flexibility and the structure that works for my lifestyle. They are professional and give a sense of pride to work for.
The worst
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 5, 2017
Do not walk from here.....RUN. Absolutely the worst NH I've ever worked in. The poor residents are wonderful and are stuck with this awful company. They are neglected and don't get the care they deserve. Management is terrible.....there are so many "managers". New administration was supposed to be great but nothing changed. Nurses are rude and will throw you under the bus. ALWAYS understaffed. You will see "managers" you've never even heard of or met before working on the hall once DHEC walks through the door. They will tell you to lie and hide things from DHEC, such as aerosol sprays and powders. Equipment is awful and poorly managed.

Obviously you're going to have issues everywhere you work, but this place has some terrible, terrible management. RUN from here.
Pros
Honestly? None. Benefits weren't horrible. There's always OT!
Cons
Everything you can think of when you think of "bad NH"
Former employee
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 4, 2017
The worst place to work. I do not recommend it at all. They click up and the office department heads are crooked. They retaliated if you speak your concerns to the correct people. It was a blessing to leave this place.
Pros
Cons
Everything, Breaks, over worked and under paid. Never any staff to work, and no call no shows, because they are tired of the way this place is ran.
Horrible place to work
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 17, 2016
I took a job here after I was a new grad, and it almost changed my mind about wanting to be a nurse in the first place. I stayed for a couple of years, thinking decent management may eventually straighten the place out. It never did. Overworked, underappreciated, absurd patient-nurse ratios, unclean, no supplies, poor management, that always put patient care LAST. I lived in fear of losing my license the entire time I worked there. They overstaffed when State was coming to "look good" and ran skeleton crews the rest of the time. POOR EXCUSE for a "caring facility."
Pros
High nurse-patient ratios taught me valuable time mgmt skills.
Cons
It almost burnt me out from nursing all together
not so good
Daycare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grandview Heights, OHDecember 12, 2016
not to good. not good. if you are different culture you wont be there long. they just stayed in there groups. and thirs is alot of drama with the teachers
New hospital
Maintenance Technician-I (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 8, 2016
I enjoyed the job and the busy environment but it was lacking in leadership. Multiple times there has been changes in management causing confusion and a break down in communication.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
No structure or stability
Constant cover up and hiding poor nursing practices
Department Head (Current Employee) –  Denison, TXOctober 28, 2016
Poor management, understaffed, constant turnover, weekends are horrible for residents care, no true concern for residents, corporate focuses only on filling beds, no team work, management cliques, poor morale, neglect and cover up is focus of nursing. Concerns are not addressed, just covered up with paperwork. State is in the building routinely from complaints.
Love working here
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hutto, TXOctober 5, 2016
Sometimes short staff but the nurses help out.. I haven't really worked at a nursing home where the nurses help out... And the staffing coordinator works with u.. And the coworkers are great well at least the ones i work with... And the resident's are great... I love this place..
Pros
Good pay and great nurses
Stressful
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaOctober 3, 2016
I worked here for 3 yrs and it was very stressful. U work from the time u get there. Until I leave with. Little to no help. Great residents that get neglected because of management not staffing properly etc. The nurses and cnas are quite rude and very childish. Your pay check wouldn't even be $600 every 2 weeks unless u get OT but you'll be so burnt out u can't do ot.
Pros
none really
Cons
Short Breaks, No Help, Under staffed. daily.
They will attempt to get you to use your license
LVN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Iowa Park, TXSeptember 22, 2016
I was turned into the BON & had to fight to keep my license because the management refused to take responsibility for the lack of training, being understaffed is a understatement. I don't know how this place is still open. Night shift sleeps in empty rooms. Patients aren't taken care of properly!!
Pros
NoNe
Cons
Too many to lost, but if you want to Jeep your license.. RuN!!
No compassion for seniors
Admissions (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 15, 2016
I asked upper mgmt why they consider Fundamental a good company to work for because I was having a hard time seeing it. I was told because "we have a good legal department." No heart whatsoever, no empathy, no compassion. Not really sure how there upper mgmt sleeps at night.
Really.....what a thing to say! No...because we believe seniors deserve to have the best quality of life we can offer within the means given to us that are totally out of our control. For example..,,a budget that is only interested in repaying or attracting investors first and foremost. This is an industry problem by the way and will not change until the public lobby's for change!
Edgewood Rehab in Mesquite
LVN (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXAugust 31, 2016
You should avoid working here if you value your license. Always have staffing issues, management says one thing and does something else.
Pros
None whatsoever
Cons
Everything about this place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fundamental. Our community is ready to answer.

2.1