Fun, Helpful, and Inclusive - An Admissions Office like no other
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) – Greenville, SC – May 18, 2017
Typical Day at work:
1. Weekly meetings to discuss upcoming events, personal updates, as well as updates for professional initiatives
2. Maintaining a calendar through outlook is essential
3. Providing timely communication is also essential
4. Interacting with prospective students, families, and other campus guests.
5. Communicating with other members of the office. Helping co-workers when/ where it is necessary.
What I learned:
Furman truly takes care for its employees. They have an extensive operation that strives to promote diversity, higher education, undergraduate research, and student and alumni pride.
Senior staff members and your co-workers within your department always want newer employees to be comfortable and succeed. Never hesitate to ask questions!
Work ethic is strong across the boards. Everyone believes in working hard. However, taking the time to relax and have fun is critical to everyone's agenda as well.
Methodology of yielding students.
Traveling for 2 months of the admission season across the country and sometimes the world.
free lunches, free swag, inviting office, development of many skills
Saturday events, difficult to advance