Furman University Employee Reviews in United States

Great
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 27, 2016
Work was easy very laid back events are fun to work people are friendly no weekend and perfect schedule 5am to 1:30pm perfect!
Pros
hours and no weekends
Cons
pay could be better
Rewarding work environment with great work/life balance!
Registered Nurse - PRN (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 21, 2016
I have the best supervisor that I have ever worked for and thoroughly enjoy working with the college students there! There is a lot of autonomy and self-direction with strong documentation skills required. This position has helped me grow and has further strengthened my assessment, critical thinking, and documentation skills. I am blessed to be part of such a wonderful work family!
Pros
flexibility, beautiful campus
Cons
lack of opportunity for full-time work and benefits
Strength and Conditioning Intern
Strength and Conditioning Intern (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 2, 2016
• Observed the specialized role of a strength and conditioning coach and their everyday routine
• Coordinated with various sport coaches (Basketball, Football, and Softball) to build plans to reach goals
• Learn training techniques that will best suit your coaching style and allotted time
• Studied the impact nutrition has on the body and its importance to the role of athletic performance
• Consulted with various types of athletes (Football and Basketball)
Focused, mission-oriented university dedicated to excellence
Special Asst. to the President-Communications (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 8, 2016
Fast-paced and collegial, innovative and ambitious, Furman is a top-tier university with a commitment to civic engagement that goes far beyond checking-off-the-box service and into true collaboration with the broader community as a learning laboratory.
Councelor/Teaching Staff
Counselor/Instructor Bridges to a Brighter Future (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 26, 2015
To care for the student's needs and encourage to meet their expectations. The job was long hours and very few hours of sleep. It required strategic lesson planning any daily meetings to stay consistent with our regulations, expectations, and daily assessments.
Furman is a pretty good place
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 26, 2015
I enjoyed it there. Everyone is very friendly, just too slow for me at the time. I worked for the Police Department, and the Chief is awesome, and everyone there is extremely helpful. I really enjoyed the people and the atmosphere.
Great workplace and helped me to learn a lot about the art world
Assistant to the Art Director (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 20, 2015
I learned how to assist the art director in everyday office needs and worked with many incredible people who I loved working with. I loved learning about how to run an office on a daily basis.
Head Golf Professional (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 16, 2015
Rewarding work environment with great benefits. Typical workday is 8-12 hours. Skills I learned on the job was dealing with the general public as well as improving my customer service skills. University management has an open door policy and encourage the staff to make decisions on their own. Co-workers have the same work ethic and are reliable. The hardest part of the job is the time away from the family. I really enjoy interacting with the customers.
Pros
work place, multi-tasking, customers
Cons
hours away from family
Assistant Football Coach
Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 16, 2015
Scouted opponents, created tendencies, recruiting, evaluating, coached, involved with the operational side of a program as well.
Pros
work atmosphere
Cons
time away from family
Marketing and Public Relations (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 21, 2015
Enjoyable atmosphere

Work place challenging but rewarding.
Fun and upbeat, but no opportunites for advancement
Furman Library Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 3, 2014
I worked as a student employee, and I loved my job from day one. The staff was wonderful and my employers were fun, engaging, and genuinely showed an interest in me and my well-being. Hours aren't great due to the large number of staff though, and the pay raise system doesn't reward you much at all for continued employment.
Pros
great employers, fun staff
Cons
small raises, not many hours
Fantastic leadership and growth opportunity
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 26, 2014
Serving as an RA during college is a wonderful way to grow leadership, conflict management, communication, and organization skills. My experience at Furman didn't disappoint.
Undergraduate Experience with High Value
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 13, 2014
Furman is my undergraduate institution, so it is well known to me. I worked in a laboratory doing research with a professor of biology, and considering the size of the school our research was very significant. It was a great experience and included a publication in the journal "Gene," and a presentation at the Society for Neuroscience annual conference in San Diego, CA.
terrible
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 24, 2014
under paid and over worked wound not recommend this occupation to anyone
Pros
nothing
It was an interesting, and mentally stimulating environment that taught me a lot.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 11, 2014
A growing place with a conducive learning environment
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 6, 2014
-assist with professors
-gained artistic skills ranging from photography to 3-D art
-Orderly and encouraging
get into games for free
directing traffic (Former Employee) –  Travelers Rest, SCAugust 10, 2013
i could get into games during game time had lots of free time i learned how to safley park cars. management was out there working with the employees. the hardest part was getting to a restroom. the most enjoyable was working with cool people
Pros
no lunch
Cons
no restrooms near by
Good company
Computer Science Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 4, 2013
Good management. Very understanding when needing to change shifts for computer lab work. Co-workers good as well.
Good Place to Work
Teaching Fellow (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 29, 2012
Great professional experience to gain as an undergraduate student.
Fun job for college student
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville SCMay 22, 2012
RA’s live on a hall with about 30 other college aged women and enforce university rules. Helping solve any hall issues by being the liaison between the students and the University Housing staff, working in the office, and checking students out at the end of the year were some other duties.

4.6