Furmanite Employee Reviews

Welding Inspector (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 18, 2017
I enjoyed working at Furmanite. My supervisor was an intelligent man who would rather teach than direct and I appreciated every bit of information he shared with me.
Friendly and safe, fast pace enviroment.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sulphur, LADecember 6, 2017
A typical day at work for me is, to come in and immediately go through my email and print out all that is needed of me to do. Then I start working on what is needed for me to, such as data entry, making phone calls, filing. I make sure that what is needed of me to do that day is done and complete at the end of my day. This is my first big girl job, so the whole experience with Furmanite has been a learning experience. Which I love, I love coming in everyday and learning something new. I want to grow where ever I go to work. Everyone here is nice and willing to take the time to help and teach you, so you have a better understanding of what you job entitles. The hardest part of the job, I guess for me is dealing with vendors or anyone on the phone that is just being super rude and being hard to handle. With that I learned how to handle those people and not get my feelings hurt. The most enjoyable part at Furmanite has been the experience, learning new things everyday, and the women I work with.
Pros
Flexible with family functions.
Cons
Lay-Off
Extremely well managed company,
Senior Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 13, 2017
Very competitive salaries. Management was demanding but fair. Flex hours that allow time to balance personal life and work. The best ideas always won regardless of title.
Pros
Very competitive salaries.
Cons
Cant think of any
Good solid job
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 31, 2017
This company has gone out of business and was bought out by Team, Inc. March 2016. While I was there, it was a good place to work and had some flexibility.
Industry not known
NDT Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 21, 2017
A good company to start working for. When I started working for them they where fairly new and didnt have alot of contracts and companies to work for to keep you busy all year.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No insurance
Good job environment
Jr. Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 21, 2016
It is a good job if you want to learn or to gain experience. There is barely any supervision because the management would change very frequently. Employees would experience very less job retention.
Pros
room to learn different aspects of accounting
Cons
less motivation, management
Good company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2016
very easy to for and very safe as well. this one of the safest company's I have ever worked for and would work for again if given the opportunity.
Pros
safty
Cons
duration of jobs
Good job that allowed me to work with limited supervision,
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 16, 2016
Furmanite purchased Crane Valve in 2012. Unfortunately they did not have a solid plan to run the business. During my time with Furmanite, they went through 3 managers.

The work atmosphere was good with good workmates. I had the pleasure of working with many of the major oil, chemical and utility companies in the Gulf Coast area and meeting many good customers.

The company was sold again in 2016.
A Great place to work, with good people
CFR/Chief Inspector for Phillips 66 (Current Employee) –  Sand Springs, OKMarch 19, 2016
The people are the most helpful of anywhere that I have ever worked and really care about the guys in the field. The benefits are great and vacation pay is earned off of hours in the field.
Billing/Payroll Secretary (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LADecember 8, 2015
I loved working for this company. It was good hours but also offered OT every month. It was a temporary job. Great jobs are hard to come by these days. I wish I could have stayed.
Pros
Great hours and OT if needed
Cons
Temporary job

Want to know more about Furmanite?

Ask a question
Good Company
LEAD WELDING INSPECTOR (Current Employee) –  Waynesburg, PAOctober 7, 2015
Pay could be better. Good Company to work for Take care of their employees. Short term projects. Chief Inspector hard to get along with at times
Loved working for this company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXAugust 13, 2015
This was a very awesome, fun job. I loved going to work and working with the other employees. It was a great experience and I would love to be rehired.
Fast paced industry with lots of travel.
Hot Tap / Line Stop Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 19, 2015
Lots of drive time to get to work sites. I had the opportunity to learn how to manage others on new plant construction and provide a service that is ever changing. Management is lacking communication with workers. The hardest part of this job is not being able to plan anything. It is a 24/7 service company, but the poor scheduling makes family live hard to plan. Good pay with decent benefits.
Great Company
Business Development Manager-Gulf Coast (Current Employee) –  Corpus ChristiMarch 21, 2015
Daily travel to meet with clients. Enjoyable work environment. Strong sales strategy for the future. Good compensation packages. Publically traded company.
Terrible corporate management and nearly nothing for work.
NDT Inspector (Current Employee) –  Hobart, INDecember 16, 2014
Typical day at work was to call into the shop and would be told not to bother because there was nothing to do. I didn't learn a whole lot that I didn't all ready know. The management changed monthly and most in which in the local office were overloaded with daily duties. There were only 5 coworkers out of 20 that have stayed during my duration of employment. Most in which were great technicians. Hardest part of the job is getting a call to work. Then when you do, the salesman never have enough info to fill out work orders and do your reports at the end of the job. The best part of this job was that my operations manager was the best I've ever had and the guarantee that I would be paid whether I worked or not.
Pros
Guarantee of pay without working.
Cons
Terible salesman and terrible corperate management.
AutoCad Drafter (Current Employee) –  Sweeny, TXDecember 13, 2013
Treated like professionals. Not watched over. Do my job and go home. Love it. If I have questions, just ask. Everyone is very helpful.
Productive company
Field Machinist (Current Employee) –  Hobart, INAugust 12, 2013
Overall great place to work. Room for advancment in position and they offer classes to gain more knowledge. long hours at some times
production
Field Technician/Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Laplace, LADecember 10, 2012
I loved working there but when the job was finished they laid me off close the office and company moved elsewhere I was not happy with what happened but i value what I learned from this company
Pros
working hours benefits
Cons
laid me off after 2.5 years