Furmanite Employee Reviews

Terrible corporate management and nearly nothing for work.
NDT Inspector (Current Employee) –  Hobart, INDecember 16, 2014
Typical day at work was to call into the shop and would be told not to bother because there was nothing to do. I didn't learn a whole lot that I didn't all ready know. The management changed monthly and most in which in the local office were overloaded with daily duties. There were only 5 coworkers out of 20 that have stayed during my duration of employment. Most in which were great technicians. Hardest part of the job is getting a call to work. Then when you do, the salesman never have enough info to fill out work orders and do your reports at the end of the job. The best part of this job was that my operations manager was the best I've ever had and the guarantee that I would be paid whether I worked or not.
Pros
guarantee of pay without working.
Cons
terible salesman and terrible corperate management.
Fast paced industry with lots of travel.
Hot Tap / Line Stop Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 19, 2015
Lots of drive time to get to work sites. I had the opportunity to learn how to manage others on new plant construction and provide a service that is ever changing. Management is lacking communication with workers. The hardest part of this job is not being able to plan anything. It is a 24/7 service company, but the poor scheduling makes family live hard to plan. Good pay with decent benefits.
production
Field Technician/Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Laplace, LADecember 10, 2012
I loved working there but when the job was finished they laid me off close the office and company moved elsewhere I was not happy with what happened but i value what I learned from this company
Pros
working hours benefits
Cons
laid me off after 2.5 years
Great Company
Business Development Manager-Gulf Coast (Current Employee) –  Corpus ChristiMarch 21, 2015
Daily travel to meet with clients. Enjoyable work environment. Strong sales strategy for the future. Good compensation packages. Publically traded company.
Loved working for this company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXAugust 13, 2015
This was a very awesome, fun job. I loved going to work and working with the other employees. It was a great experience and I would love to be rehired.
Good Company
LEAD WELDING INSPECTOR (Current Employee) –  Waynesburg, PAOctober 7, 2015
Pay could be better. Good Company to work for Take care of their employees. Short term projects. Chief Inspector hard to get along with at times
Productive company
Field Machinist (Current Employee) –  Hobart, INAugust 12, 2013
Overall great place to work. Room for advancment in position and they offer classes to gain more knowledge. long hours at some times
AutoCad Drafter (Current Employee) –  Sweeny, TXDecember 13, 2013
Treated like professionals. Not watched over. Do my job and go home. Love it. If I have questions, just ask. Everyone is very helpful.