Furniture Mart USA Employee Reviews

Fun workplace good workers
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Marion, INJune 10, 2017
Started as a summer job became to like it due to always have something different to to do everyday . It also help me with my people skills by having to talk to a lot of people I usually would not talk to.
Pros
Vacation pay, good work environment, something new to do everyday
Cons
Long hours, hard work, tend to be sweaty all the time
Pretty easy job for the most part
Delivery/warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COMarch 28, 2017
Main duty is delivering furniture to residents. Load it in the delivery truck then unload & deliver it to customers homes. Can be pretty heavy sometimes. Especially furniture like a hide-a-bed. Most of the work is not too difficult. Mostly a "no brainer". That's why it has low pay & no benefits
Pros
Easy job for most part. Not much thinking involved.
Cons
Doesnt pay much & has no job benefits like insurance.
Decent
Picker Operator (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJanuary 27, 2017
Fun place to work. But need to see who the people are that are not pulling theor weight in working...
Day ware house manager likes to watch espn and fall asleep. Have seen both.
It was a great place to work and acquire people skills
Sales Associate/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 12, 2017
What is a great place to learn how to sell my product and a good place to learn how to grow and how to be a good sales representative and management but overall it was a great place to get what I needed out of it and for it to be a stepping stone for me to succeed in my life
Very low pay for very hard work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  West Fargo, NDAugust 9, 2016
Do you enjoy moving? Do you enjoy moving someone else's stuff? Ya, me either. But look forward to "helping" people move their old sofa from the 3rd floor. Then moving the new sofa up to that 3rd floor as well. Pay is awful and they cap you. Meaning we had a meeting where management told us that nobody could make over $11/hr. No matter how long you've been there or how hard you worked. Virtually no tips. Most raises are 5 cents a year.
Very stessful
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJanuary 13, 2016
A typical day was processing invoices, greeting customers, setting up deliveries. The hardest part of our job was dealing with the warehouse in LA
Pros
My co-workers
Cons
hours, and deliveries
I loved assembling/repairing and delivering furniture.
Supervisor - Brenda Pitts (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJuly 7, 2015
Typically I clean the store and outside when I got there. Then when new furniture arrived, help bringing them to the store. Check the ones that were sold, and soon being pick up or delivered. Sometime some of them needed repaired. Also moving and setting furniture at the store.
Pros
Assembling and repairing furniture.
Cons
Delivering heavy furniture.
Productive day when we would deliver
Delivery Helper/ Warehouse (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 25, 2015
Maintain warehouse cleanliness. Helped driver on deliveries, assemble and move furniture into customers houses. Store closed down, was laid off,
Loved working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marion, INMay 18, 2015
Working at the furniture mart was my first love....I have always loved sales. Talking to customers, listening to their problems and getting them approved for furniture made me happy. My co-workers were like family.
Pros
I could sale well and the money was good
Cons
No benefits, Bonuses, Or paid vacations
Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJanuary 7, 2015
Answered the phone, paged various people. Waited on customers, entered the data of their purchases. Handled the cash register and learned how to process payments with credit cards. Learned how to fill out loan applications for credit. Co workers were wonderfull to work with, very helpful. Trying to stay busy. I really enjoyed visiting with the customers.
Pros
some extra hours were allowed when needed.
Cons
I was only part-time, wished I could of been full time.
working at Alere is just a job no room for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LANovember 18, 2014
The day stared off at 6 am and ended at 11 am or sometime at 12 noon. Management was not good unable to give a truthful evaluation, because of personal feelings toward an employee. Got along great with co-workers.
Pros
Cons
not enough room for advancement
Fun and busy place to work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 28, 2014
I would come in unlock the doors turn on all the lights, clean throughout the showroom and greet customers along with trying to find what best suits them. I learned how to sell furniture, when I had never worked in sales before. My managers were great I loved working with them along with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was trying to pick times for deliveries, but the easiest part was talking to customers and getting them set on what they really wanted or needed for furniture.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No benefits
Horrible place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAOctober 16, 2014
This company is run by a money hungry president and a backstabbing vice president. They lie to your face about "growing" with the company, but unless you're making them the kind of money they want, your job is in danger.
Pros
Cons
Cheap furniture, shady management
Long Hours
Assistant Store Manager - Kenner (Current Employee) –  Kenner LaOctober 2, 2014
This job is long hours with very little reward. It is very demanding and very detail orientated. The level of work thrust upon competent members of staff is staggering while other members of staff are held to very low standards.
Save yourself the time and trouble
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  LouisianaSeptember 2, 2014
Furniture Mart is a truly terrible place to work. I gave it one star because indeed required I click something in order to move onto the next question.
I was promised commission, 40 hour work weeks, and a week of training at headquarters. The training program is an absolute joke; I was thrown on the sales floor alone after five days of training. There is inadequate staffing to support training and new hires, thus making the turnover rate ridiculously high. There were training classes spread out over the course of two weeks and the organization of the classes was nonexistent. They allegedly were revamping the training process as I left the company, but without someone to implement it, it will be a waste of time.
The pay isn't worth the trouble. I was told there would be hundreds of dollars in commission available for me to earn. I did not learn that commission is only available for certain products and warranties until my third or fourth week employed with the company. Then you aren't guaranteed this commission because customers have the option to change their minds and not purchase these products. The inventory and computer systems never worked and were incredibly tedious. If something didn't work, no one could explain what or why something went wrong.
The work attendance system for clocking in and out never worked properly and employees had to write down their times on a sheet of paper. This sheet was then emailed to Human Resources. Many employees complained that their times had not been reported correctly and that their paychecks reflected that.
On several occasions
  more... I was told that I should "look out for myself and only myself" because upper management was watching everything I do and say. I felt as though I had a large target on my back and that the smallest things were elevated to an unescessary level. There is a fair amount of company wide gossip and fakeness at Furniture Mart. Upper management has no sympathy or consideration for the people they sell their cheaply made goods to. When the furniture inevitably falls apart, they simply give the customer a "that's too bad" or offer them a $50 store credit to buy another piece of foreign junk. Furniture Mart has gotten several complaints from the Better Business Bureau and they are simply filed away. I do not feel that this company has any plans to correct any of the issues that plague them. I hope that this review will prevent anyone from applying to this horribly run company.  less
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Everything else
Overall Experience
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LAAugust 6, 2014
A typical day at work was very long and required lots of energy. I learned the meanings of patience and proper assembly and also customer experience and staff and management appreciation. My co-workers were friendly and very helpful when it came down to tough and hard situations. There was nothing too hard about that job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the seeing smiles on customer's faces.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
short breaks, insurance plan, rate of pay, management
i love the job, but not the co-worker
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Houma,LaJune 23, 2014
I learn a lot in a short time., but need better communication,better upper manager lies so much just to cover there backs.
Pros
Fair
Cons
not enough money
Very Productive, and Enjoyable Enviroment to work
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bay Minette, ALJune 19, 2014
Coworkers are friendly and management is always there to help.
Pros
fun enviroment, casual setting
Cons
non that i can think of
Good Job
Driver helper (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville FlJune 10, 2014
The job was a great experience. The company is good to its employees
Pros
Good work experience
Cons
Pay rate
Hammond Admin Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAMay 14, 2014
The job duties were enjoyable and the sales team pleasnt though there is inadequate training.
Runs on very light crew so turnover is high during slow months.
Little to no teamwork or communication, confidential information shared with other employees. dishonesty, deception, lack of ethics and poor integrity are associated with this company.
Customers as well as employees are deceived which I found disturbing.
Not proud to say I worked here and glad I left on my terms.
Pros
Sales team friendly
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Furniture Mart USA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2