Furniture Row Employee Reviews in United States

If slow and steady is your style
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IANovember 5, 2015
This job isn't the greatest place to work. It has its ups and downs. The ups are, there is a lot of down time in the warehouse. Overall not a challenging warehouse job. The downs are, the pay is low, the benefits are junk, most employees on the sales floor wont help in back when needed.
Pros
Paid lunches and lots of down time to do your own thing
Cons
Low pay and Terrible benefits
Great pay but long hours
SALESMAN AND OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMarch 2, 2016
Great company to work for if you want to make money. It all depends on the effort you put in to the company to see what you can get out of it.
Pros
Great advancement opportunities
Cons
Long hours and working weekends and holidays
Exciting and available knowlege for everyone to learn, team comes first!!
Store Manager/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 20, 2015
Everyday work had a list for management and employees to follow for a successful day. Learning was a must everyday for the team to be excited and wanting to be the best. Management worked along with each member for all to have knowledge of what was asked of everyone. The team consisted of management and employees to work together for one goal so everyone was co-workers with one another. The hardest part of this job or any job is the time away from family. Success and having fun went hand and hand for this team so I would say "Sales" was the most enjoyable part of this job because management not only had to teach but also had to sell to provide for themselves but aslo to help the team be successful.
Pros
Sales, closing with a step by step process.
Cons
Promotion with relocation was hard on the family.
Very demanding, never felt appreciated
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 20, 2015
Very long hours with no extra compensation. Too much rested on the shoulders of the Management team who is still required to sell to earn a good paycheck. Yes, the managers are given a % of what the store sells, but it is minuscule compared to what would be made of a direct sale my me. When sales people and delivery drivers are being paid commission and making more than the Store Manger, i think they should be re analyzing their pay structure.
Pros
great learning experience
Could've been better
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 20, 2015
Furniture Row is a great job if you have the right management. I worked for two stores and one was crew related store and the other was money related. If something goes wrong in the day the company will tell us to stay out there as late as you have to so you can get things done. Corporate gives us a 12 hr work day, but not all stores agree.
Relaxed work environment with strong family values.
Lead Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Little Chute, WINovember 4, 2013
I enjoyed working for this company. I was given allot of freedom to manage the delivery team how I saw fit so long as the job was done and our customers were happy. I was allowed to make changes to the way we did our jobs in an effort to make us better and more efficient. The other employees and management were a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job was finding a way to accommodate all of our customers’ needs while keeping everyone happy. I truly enjoyed knowing that I was good at my job and for that reason I was valued and respected.
Pros
relaxed work environment where i had allot of freedom.
Cons
health care was expensive and there were no raises.
Very dedicated to training and developing future leaders.
Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CODecember 13, 2012
Loved working there. Would love to work there again if possible. I visited several Furniture Row stores, and there's always a family atmosphere. Management really does care about developing you into a leader, and give you the tools to run your own store. It doesn't stop there, you could work up the latter even higher if you choose. Great place to start a career. You don't even need experience, they will train you.
Pros
great commissioned pay & benefits. great opportunity for advancement.
Cons
long hours, must work holidays, eventually relocation is a must.
If you are in right location, Pay can be good. Moving heavy furniture without medical benefit everyday is a bit to much!
Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Denver COJanuary 29, 2013
It's not an easy job, Long hours you will work 50 plus hours each week. Including 3 to 4 days 12 hour shift. On a daily basis you are moving heavy furnitures with no compensation.

Also they promote inexperience people's at a face pace who do not have people or social skills. And they act like they care about you and your family but it's only a ploy to be in your business.
Pros
great pay if in the right location.
Cons
long hours, all day moving heavy furniture.
Fast Paced enviromen
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COSeptember 26, 2015
It is a great place to work.
Fast paced environment once you get into management. You are responsible for staffing, training, customer service and operations management. You get an override but you also have to sell to make a decent income.
Pros
Gift card incentive
Cons
You have to work about everyday if you don't have an assistant to work with.
Simply terrible place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYAugust 7, 2015
Work 12hr days -- and every weekend -- and make a tiny paycheck. You see, FR doesn't want managers, they want salespeople. But they do need someone to organize the store, so managers get commission plus a pittance. Then they bury you in manager tasks so you don't have time to sell.

You put in 60 hours in the slow weeks (defined as "most of the spring and summer") and get your check. You do the math and find you literally made less than minimum wage. And all the while your kids slowly forget who you are.
Pros
First crack at heavily discounted, slightly damaged goods
Cons
Promised income is divorced from reality
awesome
Manager (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXNovember 13, 2015
Best opportunity I ever had. If you like to make money and have opportunity for growth look no further that here. They really invest in you.
Good
Delivery Driver/ Ware House Manager (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CONovember 1, 2015
Working for this company was a great experience, when the recession hit they had to downsize a lot in the company and my position was on that was downsized.
Excellent atmosphere to grow and succeed.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 14, 2015
Great team of professionals working together to accomplish store and company goals.

If you are looking to advance your career and or relocate, Furniture row will help you to reach these goals.

Consistent and proven training for successful sales career.
Pros
Income potential
Cons
work weekends
Good company with great opportunity for advancement
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  terre haute, iinFebruary 21, 2014
Work hours range from 10-12 hour days and management could work 20+ days in a row. This made it hard to have time for family and friends. Commission was good and advancement is quick and easy if you are willing to put in the hard work.
Pros
contests, good pay
Cons
long hours, expect a lot
okay
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYApril 1, 2015
I would never talk super negative about this job even though it was not something I would ever go back to. My co-workers were amazing and very supportive in everything I wanted and needed to do. They helped a lot with training me on product knowledge and the point of sale system. IA typical day was usually the same, clean the showroom, answer phones, help customers solve issues, help customers select products, process payments and orders, and closing the store. The hours were very long, 12 hour shifts 5 days a week. It left me with hardly a personal life since my two days off consisted of taking care of my family, errands, and cleaning the house. Upper managed (regional and higher) were only concerned with themselves and profit, and yes I know profit is the point of a business. But when they tell you in the beginning that it's a "family oriented business" and nobody is just a number, you get a little ticked. Everyone is treated as just a number and when we tell them something you don't want to hear, you are dismissed and ignored. You are responsible for everything but can change nothing. That is the number one thing I learned while working at furniture row.

On a good note, the most enjoyable part of the job was definitely my co-workers. I made some fantastic friends and will never forget them.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
long hours, upper management
Great Place to Move up Quickly
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJune 25, 2013
They will push you and ride you to the top. They have awesome benefits once you become a manager and the day to day is not too bad.
Pros
compensation, staff, enviornment
Cons
healthcare, 12-14 hour shifts
Very Weak Management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 9, 2012
Excellent business model, poor execution. Can make a good living if you work hard and don't mind the hours, but... because the company pushes the Management Trainee and must relocate philosophy to the extreme. There are too many immature and incompetent managers which has damaged the company's reputation. If you don't want to relocate, you're dead. But if you're young, competent and mobile the world is your oyster. Just be ready to move in a u-haul with a week or two notice. And realize that a majority of the management you work for along the way are at different levels of incompetence and immaturity. Really enjoy and learn from the rare competent ones, bite your tongue around the rest.
Pros
earning potential
Cons
hours and management
Very good place to work.
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 25, 2013
The hardest part of the job is getting to make your sales quota in order to make a good commission/salary.
Pros
very strong work ethic.
Cons
very weak benefit plan.
No life and not worth it
OAK EXPRESS (Former Employee) –  JOPLIN, MOApril 8, 2015
Stay away!! But if you like working 45 hours/ week and every weekend and not knowing what you're gonna bring home at the end of the wekk, then this job is for you. They preach family values but don't give you much time to spend with them except for your days off of course. Because you work from when the store opens till the store closes. They sell high-end furniture and you get a miniscual percentage of that. Hmm sounds fair! Should it really take 2 months for your direct deposit to go into effect?! I guess if you work here it does. And if you have any issues with payroll.. Don't you dare pick up the phone and call the hr lady.. That's a no, no! She could care less if you get paid on time. Even though you have a family and bills to pay.
Pros
I LEARNED THAT EPOXY GLUE IS BETTER THAN WOOD GLUE
Cons
A LOT LISTED ABOVE
great place if you want to give up everything that matters
Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COFebruary 11, 2013
Originally Furniture Row was a great company back in the late 90s to the mid 2000s it was a place where they offered an honest opportunity. For an example, they understood the core values of strong family = strong sales, and management. They have one of the best training programs any company offers which is still true today.

What has changed is they no longer are family friendly for an example they no longer allow you to attend your place of worship. They won't even consider hiring you unless you are willing to uproot your family and move to another state upon promotion. You work over 50 hours a week , work almost every holiday except the big 3. They are no longer concerned about selling furniture its all about their fabric and leather warranties.

I have worked for this company aprox 6 years combined. The most enjoyable part of this job is my co-workers they were awesome!!!!
Pros
great training, people, income, paid weekly
Cons
to many to list

2.8