Furniture Row Employee Reviews

Great stepping stone for management
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXNovember 8, 2016
I was a special case. I was hired and stepped up to help manage. Since I stepped up early the learning curve was visible. I did the best I could. I never went to the basic training or the management training. Still I was able to do what I had to do ssuccessfully. You are the janitor, warehouse, sales,manager , and owner. I don't think I was ever noticed. I wasn't looking for it but after a while the job become monotonous. Enough
Pros
Managers have direct control over customer experience.
Cons
Pay
Youll hate jobs forever if you work here
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHOctober 13, 2016
If you like feeling unappreciated for your work while working long ungodly hours, for an unsteady paycheck, then apply immediately. The only pro is the money can be good but it depends on so many factors especially if you don't work at the big stores. This job requires Long hours, heavy lifting, handling rude customers, making your boss look good, and hopefully making ends meet. Did I also mention payroll is very sub par due to their outdated technology? Just something to consider.
Pros
Money
Cons
.payroll .no time freedom .management .technology .coworkers .customers .everything else.
Management Trainer
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 13, 2016
Barely any training. Rude co workers who get bothered when a newcomer asks for assistance on the floor because they didn't get enough training. Then when you confront the Management about the matter, they make it your fault. They're all cruel, incompetent and definitely not at all about helping newcomers to succeed. I wouldn't give my business to this company ever. They're way over priced as well.
Pros
Guaranteed pay while training
Cons
Not enough training, Co workers dont want you to prosper, Management will defend everyone but you
Nothing good to say.
Management in Training (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 8, 2017
This company is so out of base with its employees. Good luck trying to ever get a hold of anyone in HR.
Commissions based paycheck is stressful. Store management and regional management were both the honest to god worst ever.
Pros
Finally quitting this business
Cons
Everything you can imagine
Big Company
Sales/Store Management (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Started in the warehouse, moved to sales, then was promoted to manager. Took a couple of years but was worth it. Unfortunately my hard work was overshadowed due to someone have a close family relationship and i took a hefty pay-cut.
Pros
Promote within
Cons
Big Company/Just a # in some cases
Great job for a beginner.
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTSeptember 8, 2016
Cleaning, dusting the floor, pricing, building furniture, moving furniture, selling furniture, unloading furniture, customer follow-up, customer service. Cashiering. Cleaning bathrooms.
I learned about of furniture and wood, having great co-workers.
The hardest part of the job: to handle unhappy customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job: to help the customer to furnish their homes.
Money
Salesman / Operations Manager / Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALAugust 18, 2016
If you like making easy money, working all but three holidays a year, working 50 hours a week, working every weekend, being micro managed to the point that a manager can't actually make any decisions on their own then this is the perfect job for you. Money is the only reason to ever work for this company. Get some and get out before you find yourself having wasted years of your life and sacrificed possible memories made with family and friends.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
Great place work
Salesperson delivery (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXDecember 8, 2016
I enjoyed my job. I was a hard worker and was a great salesman. I put my best effort in my job what needed to be done.Working with cowokrers and meeting deadlines as well goals and making sales was important.
benefits
Cons
healthcare
Not a great place to work
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 9, 2017
Management is tolerable and there is no room to advance, many clicks if you do fit in. No training at all , no updated tech and don't care about employees. They want you to put in 60 hurs a week and work for free.
Enjoyed work environment don't like tbe,direction company is movngi forwad
Furniture Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 16, 2016
Enjoyed working there. Going very high end. Not happy with firection the store is moving towards furniture row is chaning direction to high end furiture.sofas ging up to 20k.. Would like to stay with mid range to good.
Pros
Good healh package
Cons
Bump and run
ok place to work
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 23, 2017
it is a good place to work if your young and in shape. And are willing to learn how to put stuff together. some times the hours are long and the weather is bad
Pros
work at your own pace
Cons
pay sucks
furniture row
Warehouse, moved to sales after a year (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 16, 2017
warehouse is a good job but not sales. bad structure to incentivise employees. The management is only focused on sales and not their co workers.
funiture row is a great environment
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Union Gap, WADecember 13, 2016
the company is very reliable to take care its new employees, you learn many aspects of the company from the warehouse to delivery and sales floor.
good place to work
Sales Representative/ Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTNovember 17, 2016
I enjoyed the sales contests and prizes they gave away, I wish they didn't hire to transfer to another store. Besides that it was great
ok
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXDecember 1, 2016
moved up fast, pay is not great for the work load
learned great leadership skills
loved to train and oml people
Good Place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dacono, COSeptember 1, 2016
Great place to work. Fun and energetic staff. Regional and district managers were easy to get along with and always very helpful.
Good Company
Oak Express Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMay 23, 2016
Overall good company, Management is decent, typical work day is stead in the warehouse and a lot of free time on the sales floor. Co-workers are awesome and easy going.
Pros
Easy going and Free Time
Cons
Warehouse constantly busy
Great pay but long hours
SALESMAN AND OPERATIONS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMarch 2, 2016
Great company to work for if you want to make money. It all depends on the effort you put in to the company to see what you can get out of it.
Pros
Great advancement opportunities
Cons
Long hours and working weekends and holidays
Could've been better
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 20, 2015
Furniture Row is a great job if you have the right management. I worked for two stores and one was crew related store and the other was money related. If something goes wrong in the day the company will tell us to stay out there as late as you have to so you can get things done. Corporate gives us a 12 hr work day, but not all stores agree.
If slow and steady is your style
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IANovember 5, 2015
This job isn't the greatest place to work. It has its ups and downs. The ups are, there is a lot of down time in the warehouse. Overall not a challenging warehouse job. The downs are, the pay is low, the benefits are junk, most employees on the sales floor wont help in back when needed.
Pros
Paid lunches and lots of down time to do your own thing
Cons
Low pay and Terrible benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Furniture Row. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8