Furniture Row Employee Reviews

awesome
Manager (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXNovember 13, 2015
Best opportunity I ever had. If you like to make money and have opportunity for growth look no further that here. They really invest in you.
If slow and steady is your style
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IANovember 5, 2015
This job isn't the greatest place to work. It has its ups and downs. The ups are, there is a lot of down time in the warehouse. Overall not a challenging warehouse job. The downs are, the pay is low, the benefits are junk, most employees on the sales floor wont help in back when needed.
Pros
Paid lunches and lots of down time to do your own thing
Cons
Low pay and Terrible benefits
Good
Delivery Driver/ Ware House Manager (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CONovember 1, 2015
Working for this company was a great experience, when the recession hit they had to downsize a lot in the company and my position was on that was downsized.
Exciting and available knowlege for everyone to learn, team comes first!!
Store Manager/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 20, 2015
Everyday work had a list for management and employees to follow for a successful day. Learning was a must everyday for the team to be excited and wanting to be the best. Management worked along with each member for all to have knowledge of what was asked of everyone. The team consisted of management and employees to work together for one goal so everyone was co-workers with one another. The hardest part of this job or any job is the time away from family. Success and having fun went hand and hand for this team so I would say "Sales" was the most enjoyable part of this job because management not only had to teach but also had to sell to provide for themselves but aslo to help the team be successful.
Pros
Sales, closing with a step by step process.
Cons
Promotion with relocation was hard on the family.
Fast Paced enviromen
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, COSeptember 26, 2015
It is a great place to work.
Fast paced environment once you get into management. You are responsible for staffing, training, customer service and operations management. You get an override but you also have to sell to make a decent income.
Pros
Gift card incentive
Cons
You have to work about everyday if you don't have an assistant to work with.
Simply terrible place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYAugust 7, 2015
Work 12hr days -- and every weekend -- and make a tiny paycheck. You see, FR doesn't want managers, they want salespeople. But they do need someone to organize the store, so managers get commission plus a pittance. Then they bury you in manager tasks so you don't have time to sell.

You put in 60 hours in the slow weeks (defined as "most of the spring and summer") and get your check. You do the math and find you literally made less than minimum wage. And all the while your kids slowly forget who you are.
Pros
First crack at heavily discounted, slightly damaged goods
Cons
Promised income is divorced from reality
Excellent atmosphere to grow and succeed.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 14, 2015
Great team of professionals working together to accomplish store and company goals.

If you are looking to advance your career and or relocate, Furniture row will help you to reach these goals.

Consistent and proven training for successful sales career.
Pros
Income potential
Cons
work weekends
enjoy talk and helping customers
werehouse manager (Current Employee) –  abilene txJuly 2, 2015
I enjoy work any place help people enjoy teaching what I know and every day is a challenge,Ilike to learn new thinks.
the hard part is not doing nothing time going to slow I like stay busy.
Pros
get 25% off
Cons
not getting overtime and get holidays pay
Very demanding, never felt appreciated
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 20, 2015
Very long hours with no extra compensation. Too much rested on the shoulders of the Management team who is still required to sell to earn a good paycheck. Yes, the managers are given a % of what the store sells, but it is minuscule compared to what would be made of a direct sale my me. When sales people and delivery drivers are being paid commission and making more than the Store Manger, i think they should be re analyzing their pay structure.
Pros
great learning experience
Fun work place
Regional Visual Designer (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 30, 2015
I love getting to be creative every day and working with some great people. The hardest part of my job is all the traveling I do. The most enjoyable is how I get to put my emotions out on the floor with my creativeness.
Pros
The people i work with.
Cons
All the traveling i have to do.
no benefits or proper training
Regional Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 17, 2015
•Planed, organized, coordinated, and directed the placement of merchandise and accessories.
•Conducted a structured system for merchandising that promoted a successful lineup.
•Implemented a well-rounded merchandise mix that reflected best selling price points and styles. •Developed visual merchandising strategies that helped manage and promote business.
Productive and fast paced workplace
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXApril 8, 2015
My typical day at work, I show up on my scheduled time, go to the computer and look at the deliveries I have to pull for the delivery drivers, load out to customers , stock the warehouse with furniture, and do floor moves.
NO LIFE AND NOT WORTH IT
OAK EXPRESS (Former Employee) –  JOPLIN, MOApril 8, 2015
STAY AWAY!! BUT IF YOU LIKE WORKING 45 HOURS/ WEEK AND EVERY WEEKEND AND NOT KNOWING WHAT YOU'RE GONNA BRING HOME AT THE END OF THE WEKK, THEN THIS JOB IS FOR YOU. THEY PREACH FAMILY VALUES BUT DON'T GIVE YOU MUCH TIME TO SPEND WITH THEM EXCEPT FOR YOUR DAYS OFF OF COURSE. BECAUSE YOU WORK FROM WHEN THE STORE OPENS TILL THE STORE CLOSES. THEY SELL HIGH-END FURNITURE AND YOU GET A MINISCUAL PERCENTAGE OF THAT. HMM SOUNDS FAIR! SHOULD IT REALLY TAKE 2 MONTHS FOR YOUR DIRECT DEPOSIT TO GO INTO EFFECT?! I GUESS IF YOU WORK HERE IT DOES. AND IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH PAYROLL.. DON'T YOU DARE PICK UP THE PHONE AND CALL THE HR LADY.. THAT'S A NO, NO! SHE COULD CARE LESS IF YOU GET PAID ON TIME. EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE A FAMILY AND BILLS TO PAY.
Pros
I LEARNED THAT EPOXY GLUE IS BETTER THAN WOOD GLUE
Cons
A LOT LISTED ABOVE
okay
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYApril 1, 2015
I would never talk super negative about this job even though it was not something I would ever go back to. My co-workers were amazing and very supportive in everything I wanted and needed to do. They helped a lot with training me on product knowledge and the point of sale system. IA typical day was usually the same, clean the showroom, answer phones, help customers solve issues, help customers select products, process payments and orders, and closing the store. The hours were very long, 12 hour shifts 5 days a week. It left me with hardly a personal life since my two days off consisted of taking care of my family, errands, and cleaning the house. Upper managed (regional and higher) were only concerned with themselves and profit, and yes I know profit is the point of a business. But when they tell you in the beginning that it's a "family oriented business" and nobody is just a number, you get a little ticked. Everyone is treated as just a number and when we tell them something you don't want to hear, you are dismissed and ignored. You are responsible for everything but can change nothing. That is the number one thing I learned while working at furniture row.

On a good note, the most enjoyable part of the job was definitely my co-workers. I made some fantastic friends and will never forget them.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
long hours, upper management
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 25, 2015
I think,my work experience with Furniture row is my personal business.I don't think,it's appropriate to share with no one
Pros
great co workers
Cons
unnecessarily long hours
Great place to work at!
Sales Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARJanuary 28, 2015
I was very lucky to have an outstanding manager that led me through the entire work experience. He has given me guidance and advice that I could take on for the future and anywhere I work.

Furniture Row is a great to work for, and there are always opportunities and room for you to grow.
Great fun environment with great benefits and lots of potential for making money
store manager (Former Employee) –  pharr txJanuary 26, 2015
Great company with plenty of opportunity to make lots of money, if you are single and have no kids its the perfect job for you. if you have a family, its a little difficult to get time off. My daily duties were commissions based sales and managing a staff of 3-5 employees and driving sales daily. Keeping on top of margins and overall daily goals along with payroll and upkeep of the store.
Pros
great money
Cons
less time at home with family work every weekend and some holidays
Fun work place with lovely coworkers
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 16, 2015
This job is fun work, the hard part is that i have to work an 11hours shift two days on the row. The management is not too great, but ok. the most enjoyable part of this job is the team work that I really like. Every day at work, I always get the work done before anything. What I learned in this place is that working as team in a work place help us learn from each other and avoid mistakes.
Pros
good schedule if going to school
Cons
very poor healthcare
Colleagues make or break you
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXJanuary 6, 2015
For me, a typical day consisted of constantly reorganizing the warehouse. After I would get off, the sales people would somehow destroy my organization. I learned how chaotic waiting on merchandise can be. The management saw potential in me right away, and quickly let me take over the warehouse. My lone co-worker in the back became a good friend of mine. The hardest thing we did, was completely re-organize the warehouses. Which also turned out to be the most enjoyable!
Pros
desirable lunch schedualing, got left alone for the most part
Cons
when inventory and the computer do not match, be ready for finger pointing
Over the Road Driver 18 wheeler
Over the Road Driver (Former Employee) –  New Albany, MSNovember 13, 2014
Drove 18 wheeler in all 48 states delivering products to companies
kept log books per MDOT regulations
maintained truck to working order
Pros
outstanding pay
Cons
not home very much to be with family