Furniture Row

Furniture Row Employee Reviews

enjoy talk and helping customers
werehouse manager (Current Employee), abilene txJuly 2, 2015
Pros: get 25% off
Cons: not getting overtime and get holidays pay
I enjoy work any place help people enjoy teaching what I know and every day is a challenge,Ilike to learn new thinks.
the hard part is not doing nothing time going to slow I like stay busy.
Very demanding, never felt appreciated
Store Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, ILMay 20, 2015
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: long hours
Very long hours with no extra compensation. Too much rested on the shoulders of the Management team who is still required to sell to earn a good paycheck. Yes, the managers are given a % of what the store sells, but it is minuscule compared to what would be made of a direct sale my me. When sales people and delivery drivers are being paid commission and making more than the Store Manger, i think they should be re analyzing their pay structure.
Fun work place
Regional Visual Designer (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INApril 30, 2015
Pros: The people i work with.
Cons: All the traveling i have to do.
I love getting to be creative every day and working with some great people. The hardest part of my job is all the traveling I do. The most enjoyable is how I get to put my emotions out on the floor with my creativeness.
no benefits or proper training
Regional Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), Omaha, NEApril 17, 2015
•Planed, organized, coordinated, and directed the placement of merchandise and accessories.
•Conducted a structured system for merchandising that promoted a successful lineup.
•Implemented a well-rounded merchandise mix that reflected best selling price points and styles. •Developed visual merchandising strategies that helped manage and promote business.
Productive and fast paced workplace
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Sherman, TXApril 8, 2015
My typical day at work, I show up on my scheduled time, go to the computer and look at the deliveries I have to pull for the delivery drivers, load out to customers , stock the warehouse with furniture, and do floor moves.
NO LIFE AND NOT WORTH IT
OAK EXPRESS (Former Employee), JOPLIN, MOApril 8, 2015
Pros: I LEARNED THAT EPOXY GLUE IS BETTER THAN WOOD GLUE
Cons: A LOT LISTED ABOVE
STAY AWAY!! BUT IF YOU LIKE WORKING 45 HOURS/ WEEK AND EVERY WEEKEND AND NOT KNOWING WHAT YOU'RE GONNA BRING HOME AT THE END OF THE WEKK, THEN THIS JOB IS FOR YOU. THEY PREACH FAMILY VALUES BUT DON'T GIVE YOU MUCH TIME TO SPEND WITH THEM EXCEPT FOR YOUR DAYS OFF OF COURSE. BECAUSE YOU WORK FROM WHEN THE STORE OPENS TILL THE STORE CLOSES. THEY SELL HIGH-END FURNITURE AND YOU GET A MINISCUAL PERCENTAGE OF THAT. HMM SOUNDS FAIR! SHOULD IT REALLY TAKE 2 MONTHS FOR YOUR DIRECT DEPOSIT TO GO INTO EFFECT?! I GUESS IF YOU WORK HERE IT DOES. AND IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH PAYROLL.. DON'T YOU DARE PICK UP THE PHONE AND CALL THE HR LADY.. THAT'S A NO, NO! SHE COULD CARE LESS IF YOU GET PAID ON TIME. EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE A FAMILY AND BILLS TO PAY.
okay
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Casper, WYApril 1, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: long hours, upper management
I would never talk super negative about this job even though it was not something I would ever go back to. My co-workers were amazing and very supportive in everything I wanted and needed to do. They helped a lot with training me on product knowledge and the point of sale system. IA typical day was usually the same, clean the showroom, answer phones, help customers solve issues, help customers select products, process payments and orders, and closing the store. The hours were very long, 12 hour shifts 5 days a week. It left me with hardly a personal life since my two days off consisted of taking care of my family, errands, and cleaning the house. Upper managed (regional and higher) were only concerned with themselves and profit, and yes I know profit is the point of a business. But when they tell you in the beginning that it's a "family oriented business" and nobody is just a number, you get a little ticked. Everyone is treated as just a number and when we tell them something you don't want to hear, you are dismissed and ignored. You are responsible for everything but can change nothing. That is the number one thing I learned while working at furniture row.

On a good note, the most enjoyable part of the job was definitely my co-workers. I made some fantastic friends and will never forget them.
Shipper (Former Employee), Aurora, COFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great co workers
Cons: unnecessarily long hours
I think,my work experience with Furniture row is my personal business.I don't think,it's appropriate to share with no one
Great place to work at!
Sales Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Conway, ARJanuary 28, 2015
I was very lucky to have an outstanding manager that led me through the entire work experience. He has given me guidance and advice that I could take on for the future and anywhere I work.

Furniture Row is a great to work for, and there are always opportunities and room for you to grow.
Great fun environment with great benefits and lots of potential for making money
store manager (Former Employee), pharr txJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great money
Cons: less time at home with family work every weekend and some holidays
Great company with plenty of opportunity to make lots of money, if you are single and have no kids its the perfect job for you. if you have a family, its a little difficult to get time off. My daily duties were commissions based sales and managing a staff of 3-5 employees and driving sales daily. Keeping on top of margins and overall daily goals along with payroll and upkeep of the store.
Fun work place with lovely coworkers
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: good schedule if going to school
Cons: very poor healthcare
This job is fun work, the hard part is that i have to work an 11hours shift two days on the row. The management is not too great, but ok. the most enjoyable part of this job is the team work that I really like. Every day at work, I always get the work done before anything. What I learned in this place is that working as team in a work place help us learn from each other and avoid mistakes.
Colleagues make or break you
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), Sherman, TXJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: desirable lunch schedualing, got left alone for the most part
Cons: when inventory and the computer do not match, be ready for finger pointing
For me, a typical day consisted of constantly reorganizing the warehouse. After I would get off, the sales people would somehow destroy my organization. I learned how chaotic waiting on merchandise can be. The management saw potential in me right away, and quickly let me take over the warehouse. My lone co-worker in the back became a good friend of mine. The hardest thing we did, was completely re-organize the warehouses. Which also turned out to be the most enjoyable!
Over the Road Driver 18 wheeler
Over the Road Driver (Former Employee), New Albany, MSNovember 13, 2014
Pros: outstanding pay
Cons: not home very much to be with family
Drove 18 wheeler in all 48 states delivering products to companies
kept log books per MDOT regulations
maintained truck to working order
Productive tasking and goal setting
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Central Point, OregonNovember 12, 2014
Responsible for training store staff by conducting orientation on policies and store products. Prepare sales reports by analyzing, categorizing and summarizing sales and customer information. Maintains monthly inventory based on customer demand and provides exceptional customer service.
Amazing Education.
Manager Trainee-Sales (Current Employee), Kennewick, WAJune 6, 2014
Pros: chance to grow, ablitiy to learn and relocation.
Cons: time away from your family, long work week
I have had the opportunity to learn more about myself and my customer service abilities with this company. I have greatly enjoyed the culture of this company.
commission based
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), N Little Rock, ARMarch 26, 2014
Cons: all
never knew how much you would bring home due to commission based.
Good company with great opportunity for advancement
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee), terre haute, iinFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: contests, good pay
Cons: long hours, expect a lot
Work hours range from 10-12 hour days and management could work 20+ days in a row. This made it hard to have time for family and friends. Commission was good and advancement is quick and easy if you are willing to put in the hard work.
How i learned to management
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ARJanuary 31, 2014
Cons: work off commision
Great job and work hours. I loaded items for customers and did inventory.
Overall a good company to work for.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARNovember 6, 2013
Pros: great money if you are in the right market
Cons: long hours, weekends and holidays- not much time for a personal life.
Great co-workers help the long hours go by fast. In the right market it is very high paced and action filled along with great money. However in the bad markets there is little to no traffic which means less opportunities to make any money. I have worked in both a store in a good market and then a store in a bad market. Great job in a good market and dreadful job in a bad market.
Relaxed work environment with strong family values.
Lead Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Little Chute, WINovember 4, 2013
Pros: relaxed work environment where i had allot of freedom.
Cons: health care was expensive and there were no raises.
I enjoyed working for this company. I was given allot of freedom to manage the delivery team how I saw fit so long as the job was done and our customers were happy. I was allowed to make changes to the way we did our jobs in an effort to make us better and more efficient. The other employees and management were a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job was finding a way to accommodate all of our customers’ needs while keeping everyone happy. I truly enjoyed knowing that I was good at my job and for that reason I was valued and respected.

Furniture Row Salaries