Furniture Row

Furniture Row Employer Reviews

Productive tasking and goal setting
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Central Point, OregonNovember 12, 2014
Responsible for training store staff by conducting orientation on policies and store products. Prepare sales reports by analyzing, categorizing and summarizing sales and customer information. Maintains monthly inventory based on customer demand and provides exceptional customer service.
Manager Trainee & Sales SofaMart, Oak Express, Bedroom Expressions
Home Furnishings Consultant (Former Employee), Lone Tree, COJuly 17, 2014
Pros: training !!!
Cons: family unfriendly
I was a long term employee who was on the path to management. When I first came to Oak Express this company was very family and vision oriented, not true anymore.

First it's not easy getting hired on at Furniture Row so if you make it you should consider yourself very fortunate. They spend an incredible amounts of time and money training each individual – more... employee. If you never sold furniture before it doesn't matter they train you. I actually believe that they offer up the best training anywhere, giving you the best opportunity to succeed. For them like me who want to go further up the corporate ladder, again their training is first class, however you better start packing. To become a manager it is required to relocate out of your home town, away from your family, friends,and lifestyles.

The fellow workers are awesome, a bunch of great like minded people that help each other out in all situations. The store level management are very involved in your progress again continuously training and challenging your abilities.

Some of my personal challenges while working there. Remember this is retail you will be required to work many hours, including most Holidays. The issue I had was neither of the mentioned above but forget about going to church. After hired back my third time I was told by my managers that I could not attend church on Sundays if I could not be to work by 11:00 AM. I offered to make up the lost hour on another day however that was unacceptable. I was specifically told by my regional manager if my church did not have an early morning service to find a different church that does. Keep in mind I have been attending this church for years I'm pretty plugged in. We only have 10:30 am services on Sundays so this became a problem I had to work around if I wanted to keep my job. He also went on a rant about how if I was asking to take Sunday mornings off for a sporting event like kids baseball, football, or soccer that would be okay because that is out of my control. So basically if you want to go to church forget it, however if you want to go to a sports event then you get their blessing.

Over the course of time I received an award Sell Like an Eagle. only the top producers of the company are awarded this. Things were looking great until I was fired for lack of extended warranty sales. I did not meet the company set criteria therefore that was the official reason for my termination from this job. After 6 years of service and hired back twice they tossed me to the curb. I would accept this as a viable cause for termination however there are many others in my store pacing the same pace concerning warranty sales.

This companies business culture has taken a turn for the worst, they lost their vision and the understanding its takes more than money to go from good to great. Shame on you Furniture Row and to all you at corporate making policies that make it nearly impossible to "Honor thy Sabbath to keep it holy" For some day you will reap what you sow. Shame on you Shame on you. – less
Amazing Education.
Manager Trainee-Sales (Current Employee), Kennewick, WAJune 6, 2014
Pros: chance to grow, ablitiy to learn and relocation.
Cons: time away from your family, long work week
I have had the opportunity to learn more about myself and my customer service abilities with this company. I have greatly enjoyed the culture of this company.
commission based
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), N Little Rock, ARMarch 26, 2014
Cons: all
never knew how much you would bring home due to commission based.
Good company with great opportunity for advancement
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee), terre haute, iinFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: contests, good pay
Cons: long hours, expect a lot
Work hours range from 10-12 hour days and management could work 20+ days in a row. This made it hard to have time for family and friends. Commission was good and advancement is quick and easy if you are willing to put in the hard work.
How i learned to management
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ARJanuary 31, 2014
Cons: work off commision
Great job and work hours. I loaded items for customers and did inventory.
Overall a good company to work for.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARNovember 6, 2013
Pros: great money if you are in the right market
Cons: long hours, weekends and holidays- not much time for a personal life.
Great co-workers help the long hours go by fast. In the right market it is very high paced and action filled along with great money. However in the bad markets there is little to no traffic which means less opportunities to make any money. I have worked in both a store in a good market and then a store in a bad market. Great job in a good market and – more... dreadful job in a bad market. – less
Relaxed work environment with strong family values.
Lead Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Little Chute, WINovember 4, 2013
Pros: relaxed work environment where i had allot of freedom.
Cons: health care was expensive and there were no raises.
I enjoyed working for this company. I was given allot of freedom to manage the delivery team how I saw fit so long as the job was done and our customers were happy. I was allowed to make changes to the way we did our jobs in an effort to make us better and more efficient. The other employees and management were a pleasure to work with. The hardest part – more... of the job was finding a way to accommodate all of our customers’ needs while keeping everyone happy. I truly enjoyed knowing that I was good at my job and for that reason I was valued and respected. – less
competitive
Sales (Former Employee), lafayette, inOctober 23, 2013
Pros: some give aways and prizes
Cons: commissiononly
Hard to succeed with no team effort. It is hard to succeed in an environment like this
Productive and fun environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Central Point, OregonOctober 1, 2013
A typical work day is to manage a team of salesmen to success. Make a schedule, unload trucks and accept them. Set up the store in a clean and warm environment. Track sales goals for the store and individual salesmen. Open and close the store. Balance the books and pay utility bills. Track inventory and store promotions.
Company wants you to commit 150%
Salesperson (Former Employee), Evansville, INSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: good commission
Cons: long hours, too many salespeople, working holidays
Long hours, work time included not only sales, but customer service issues, dusting, vacuuming, moving furniture, phone calls
slow in the summer
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Flint, MIJuly 29, 2013
Pros: cool staff
Cons: summer time
if you have bills , save your money for the summer . winter there is plenty but summer ....slow dragging as ever.
Great Place to Move up Quickly
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Billings, MTJune 25, 2013
Pros: compensation, staff, enviornment
Cons: healthcare, 12-14 hour shifts
They will push you and ride you to the top. They have awesome benefits once you become a manager and the day to day is not too bad.
Manufactured Residential Fully Upholstered for 350+ Retail Stores
General Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 8, 2013
Pros: people and the owner
Cons: economy......
Worked an average of 11-12 hrs per day. Working and over seeing ALL Departments. What we sold we made in 72 hrs......challenging but lots of fun. The people were great to work with... Challenge was to keep the supply chain going with the live flow of sales....
no miles and you sit for ever
driver (Current Employee), denver, coMay 27, 2013
Pros: you fly for orentation
Cons: medical, milage, sitting for days apu doesnt work
the reason they give you other pay is because you run 600 miles then sit for 2-4 days then run another 600 you maybe get a 2,000 mile week. most of the time less the only reason you get a pay check is you have to ask for lay over pay and detention pay and your checks are 2 weeks in the rear so you have to keep track on paper to make sure your pay is – more... right. oh and the insurance kicks in around 6 mths from hire don't have kids because it doesn't cover well child check ups or the vaccines for them. this job is more for those who don't car about family time or are single and can live off 600 a week. it will get worse if I stay and they take out insurance. looking for a new job asap – less
Good for students
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 10, 2013
This job is flexible, which makes it good for students. It also allows you to meet new people.
Person to person contact.
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee), Killeen, TXApril 22, 2013
I loved my job. I love meeting new people. My manager, was great.
He always helped me if I had a situation with a customer that was upset, taught me how to handle the problem head on. I have a friendly way about me, so it was easy for me to interact with customers. The hardest part of my job was the 12 hour work day.
Fun sales job
General Manager (Former Employee), Waco TxMarch 28, 2013
Pros: fun job
Cons: pay
Oversaw furniture sales of $15 million/annually
Managed stores with a staff of up to 35 people
Managed all aspects of daily operations
Drove sales and service goals for management and sales staff
Managed warehouse and delivery operations
Opened and/or closed store including making cash deposits and pickups
Managed payroll for employees
Trained new employees
Interviewed/Hired – more... new employees
In charge of building repairs
Setup and opened 3 new Furniture Row locations
Met personal monthly sales goals
In charge of monthly and annual inventory counts – less
If you are in right location, Pay can be good. Moving heavy furniture without medical benefit everyday is a bit to much!
Manager Trainee (Current Employee), Denver COJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: great pay if in the right location.
Cons: long hours, all day moving heavy furniture.
It's not an easy job, Long hours you will work 50 plus hours each week. Including 3 to 4 days 12 hour shift. On a daily basis you are moving heavy furnitures with no compensation.

Also they promote inexperience people's at a face pace who do not have people or social skills. And they act like they care about you and your family but it's only a ploy – more... to be in your business. – less
great job
store manager (Current Employee), midwestDecember 26, 2012
Pros: pay, advancement
Cons: long hours
Love my job. I work with a great group of people and get paid very well. Yes I do work long hours, but the money is good and the environment is great.