FURST STAFFING Employee Reviews

Excellent temp job service
Various (Former Employee) –  Rockford, IL 61101September 20, 2017
I worked at Furst Staffing for several years over the summers as I went to college. Always friendly, helpful. If they can't find you a lasting position they will offer you jobs that last 1-7 days, which is still something.
Pros
many types of work available
Cons
temporary positions
They are very helpful
Temp to Hire (Former Employee) –  Stockton, ILAugust 15, 2017
Furst staffing is a great temp agency they were quick at helping find work they also work with you if you have any problems (not being able to come to work, health issues etc)
August 24, 2017

Thank you for your review and the 5 star rating! We are glad we were able to find you an assignment quickly!
Best Wishes.
FurstStaffing & FurstProfessionals

accounting
PAYROLL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Rockford, IL 61109June 13, 2017
this company has taught me to work independently with the other staff members. The co-workers are very friendly and helpful when needing more information.
Pros
n/la
Cons
n/a
June 14, 2017

Thank you for your review. We are so happy to know you are learning and having a good experience on your assignment. We appreciate your efforts!
FurstStaffing

management lack of communication with company they're filling temps into
Temp-Specaialist Mondelez Int'l (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 5, 2017
my supervisor at furst staffing sent me to a dept at one of there temp to hire sites under false pretenses of me being signed off as a machines operaor for that particular dept which i never works with those type of machines
June 12, 2017

Thank you for the review.
I'm sorry to hear you were assigned to a job you were not qualified for. Please call me to discuss (Jennifer 815.229.7810) as I would like to know more to make sure this does not happen again. I will investigate on our end as well.

good staffing place
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 21, 2017
this is a staffing agency and the linked me to a good job paying well. if your looking for a job contact this place for professional assistance. all different jobs available .
May 22, 2017

Thank you for the review!
Glad you are pleased with our company, the assignment and the paycheck. ;)
Best wishes and thanks for the feedback.

not recommended
General laborer (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 3, 2017
I would not recommend any of my friends or family to Furst staffing. I did not like the way I was treated there at all. I was hospitalized due to personal health issues and was treated poorly when I returned to my job.
May 8, 2017

Thank you for your rating...I am sorry it was not a positive experience. Please reach out to me and share your experience so I can address your concerns and correct any actions/processes that contributed to your experience? 815.229.7810 ask for Jennifer Furst.
Thank you.
FurstStaffing

Productive and fun place to work
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  StocktonMay 1, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. We always got paid on time. If you wanted to work plenty of over time you were able to do so as well. The staff is very friendly mf they treat you with respect. Vacation days are great as well
May 3, 2017

Thank you for your comments. We are so happy you enjoyed working for Furst.
Best wishes!

nope
Nestle-Shipping & Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILMarch 22, 2017
i was just a pawn there. i hated it. no one should ever be remedialized like that. im not going to go any more into it because i will not lie just to get a job.
Pros
loved working on all the electronics and platforms
Cons
remedial people- just being honest.
May 3, 2017

Thank you for your comments on your assignment at Nestle. I'm sorry it was not a positive experience for you. We have not worked with Nestle since 2013. I am curious about your comment "I will not lie just to get a job"...please feel free to reach out to me to discuss further (Jennifer 815.229.7810). Many thanks and best wishes.

Its a job
Warehouse laborer (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 7, 2017
That's about it. Its a job if you absolutely need one. Thats all I really have to say about this company. Theres really no reason to use them unless you cant find a job any other way. Worst decision of my career.
Pros
You get a job which means money
Cons
Its generally a terrible job and you don't get paid even half what you should
February 15, 2017

Thank you for your comments. I wish your experience with FurstStaffing was a more positive one. Please feel free to email me (heretohelp@furststaff.com) to share any specifics about your experience with the application process, the onboarding, the job, etc. We share all the details of the job prior when extending the offer or discussing the opportunity. You are never required or under any obligation to accept a job you do not feel is meeting your potential or paying what you would like to earn. Best Wishes - FurstStaffing

Positive and Interactive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Darlington, WIDecember 29, 2016
The person who was in charge of directing people to where I worked would check in and ask about my job and work environment. I was able to fill out an application easily and the paperwork was basic and to the point.
Pros
Helpfull and supportive
Cons
Temporary job placement with no promise of employment
February 15, 2017

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear our team followed up to make sure things were going well and the application/onboarding process was easy. Yes, some of the opportunities we offer are truly projects, some have the potential to be hired by the client. We hope you enjoyed the assignment you worked for FurstStaffing. Best wishes, FurstStaffing.

Always helpful with job searching.
UR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 28, 2016
If you are looking to work for a staffing agency this is a great place to work. All though most of the jobs are temporary they sometimes have temp to hire jobs.
Pros
Helpful and couteous.
August 4, 2016

Thank you for your comments, UR Assistant. We appreciate the review and the 5 stars. Many of the jobs we have are projects...but we do have a fair number for Furst-to-Hire opportunities and in the technical and professional realm, more direct placements. We do try and be very upfront about what we know about the opportunity when extending a job offer. We are really grateful for your thoughts on us being a "great place to work" and hope we can find that Furst-to-Hire or direct hire opportunity for you! Take care - FurstStaffing

alright place to work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, ILJune 26, 2016
They help you find a nice job and are willing to help out in bad situations. They give you decent hours but not very good pay.
August 4, 2016

Thank you for your review, General Laborer. We appreciate your comments. We do try and work with our client companies to make sure the pay rates are competitive however sometimes it is a budgeting issue. It is our goal to be as informative about the opportunity when extending the offer so you can make the best decision for your situation. Thanks again for the review. Best wishes- FurstStaffing

Busy, yet fun evironment
Spot welder/Powder coating (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 2, 2016
Normally the work days go by pretty quick. Usually always staying busy. Have multiple responsibilities that management entrusts me with. My coworkers do whatever they can to help me with my assignments if they are done with theirs or their part is slower than mine. My favorite part of the job is being trusted with the responsibilities I have.
June 16, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and review FurstStaffing. We are happy you are keeping busy and thrilled you have been entrusted with multiple responsibilities! Best Wishes! FurstStaffing

Wonderful staff.
Temporary Assignments (Current Employee) –  Stockton, ILFebruary 22, 2016
Packaging, working in a fast paced environment ,having knowledge of your assignment being done. My co-workers are very helpful when I do not under my assignment, they always make sure I am up too date and I am doing my assignment correctly.
May 17, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review FurstStaffing. We appreciate your feedback!

June 16, 2016

Thank you for reviewing FurstStaffing and sharing your experience while on assignment. We are glad you are focused on doing the job properly and are willing to work with your co-workers to make sure you achieve that success. Best wishes. FurstStaffing

good efficent
Data entry/ Shipping (Former Employee) –  Stockton, ILOctober 5, 2015
wonderful company to be recruited by for jobs yet sometimes hrs are reliable and locations of work is far but they let know ahead of time yet it temporary jobs
Pros
good staffing kind
Cons
far job locations
November 11, 2015

Thank you for taking a moment to review FurstStaffing on Indeed. We are pleased you felt we are a wonderful company....always good to hear! Correct, if we know a job is strictly a project we will make you aware of that...if there is an opportunity to be hired by the company to which you are assigned we will make you aware of that as well. Again, thank you for you feedback!

January 12, 2016

Thank you for your Indeed review! We do try to communicate all of the facts of the job to you, our client, when communicating the office. Given the location of our office in Stockton we do have a large service area. We appreciate your feedback.

Exciting job opportunities
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Sycamore, ILAugust 8, 2015
Productive working environment. Very caring and educated staff.
The best part was meeting multitudes of people in an environmental services position. A typical workday was cleaning patient rooms and talking to other patrons.
Pros
Productive and exciting place to work
Cons
Short term assignments
November 11, 2015

We appreciate your feedback on the FurstStaffing team and the assignment you worked.

January 12, 2016

Thank you for the Indeed review and the 5 stars. We appreciate your feedback!
Best Wishes!

Typical staffing agency
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 7, 2015
They never check to see how the placement is going, whether the employee is happy or if the job is going well.

My current placement is "long term" temporary and will never be a permanent position even though the job will never end.
June 9, 2015

Hello Receptionist/Administrative Assistant.
Thank you for your comments. We will share them with the team to work on improving our communication with our employees while on assignment for FurstStaffing. There are some opportunities that may be project in nature for a short period of time or a long period of time and sometimes the client company will decide to work the position into budget to do a Furst-to-Hire. Unfortunately, we do not have much control over that aspect but we do our best to communicate with the client companies the benefits of hiring via a Furst-to-Hire when an employee is performing well.

helps
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Stockton, ILMay 11, 2015
its just a temp service that gets you in somewhere quickly. not all the staff are friendly or helpful. place is ok. I dont really have alot to say about this place. Its a temp service. what can you say.
June 9, 2015

Hello Assembler. Thank you for your review. We are happy we found employment for you quickly. Sorry you experienced some team members who were not friendly. We will share your comments with the Stockton team to hopefully improve the experience at FurstStaffing for other individuals. Thank you! FurstStaffing

android industries (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, ILApril 3, 2015
they provided of with great jobs and they made sure we got paid on time every week this company provided us with the gear we needed to start working and they made sure we got to work on time everyday
May 11, 2015

Thank you, Android Industries Former Employee, for the 5 star rating. We do have a variety of jobs available and are happy you enjoyed the assignment through FurstStaffing. We do our best to ensure our employees are paid in a timely manner according with all state and federal laws/guidelines. Our employees' safety is extremely important and we will make sure our employees have what they need to work safely in an environment that is free from hazards. Thank you, again! Best wishes. FurstStaffing

very good experience
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 26, 2015
provided me with plenty of opportunities and positions with some great companies. working for this company was a great experience.
March 30, 2015

Warehouseman,
Thank you for the positive review. We are always thrilled when we receive feedback, especially positive. We do utilize the feedback as a way to improve our service to our clients (those seeking employment and companies seeking talent). We always welcome referrals for friends and family members who might be looking for work and be a good representative of FurstStaffing. You can receive a referral bonus!
FurstStaffing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FURST STAFFING. Our community is ready to answer.