L-3 is looking for an experienced Voice Data/Communications Engineer with project facilitation experience to work with us on the RCAS Program. In this role, they will have the opportunity to ensure that adequate and appropriate planning is provided to direct building architects and planners in building communications spaces and media pathways meet industry standards. They will develop, operate, and maintain voice, wireless, video and data communication systems. They will also provide complex engineering or analytical task and activities associated with one or more technical areas within the communications function while ensuring all goals and objectives of an initiative and the program are accomplished within contract terms and conditions. This position is responsible for ensuring that all assigned work activities are performed in a timely and cost effective manner while maintaining the highest quality of performance.
Functional Responsibility: Provide technical direction and engineering knowledge for communication activities including planning, designing, developing, testing, installing and maintaining large communication networks. Responsible for activities associated with delivery of customer-defined systems and software projects; basic responsibilities include:
- Supporting 650 existing PC workstations, servers, network switches, hubs, and routers; as well as additional program support for an Enterprise Communications Server (ECS) and 600+ voice terminals.
- Managing, maintaining, and administering telephony systems to include Avaya Definity G3si PBX
- Switch, AUDIX, Basic Call Management System (BCMS) and ECAS Call Accounting system.
- Diagnosing faults and performing minor repairs to telecommunications equipment.
- Maintaining relevant metrics that help the team see how they are doing.
- Supporting long- and short-range planning.
- Strengthening the presence of the team as an Agile centre of excellence. Actively contributing to the organization Agile Community.
- Analyzing project-related problems and creating innovative solutions involving, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools and solution components.
- Performing scheduled and allocated work, providing advice and guidance, and resolving problems to meet technical performance and financial objectives.
- Developing new and refining existing process to enhance quality and productivity.
- Reviewing and evaluating work and preparing periodic performance reports.
- Ensuring product quality and timeliness of efforts.
Direct Current and Relevant experience with RCAS is highly desirable.
Must be a U.S. Citizen, with or eligible for a Government security clearance
College degree (B.S.; M.S) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline.
Excellent communication skills in English in written and spoken form
Strong voice and data background, with a minimum of four (4) solid years experience
Understanding of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, CM, quality assurance, and release management
Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with very strong communication skills and work ethic; self-starter
Professional Experience: 4+ years related technical experience
Ability to apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts, and contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
Experience working on unusually complicated problems and providing solutions that are highly creative and ingenious, exhibiting ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness.
Periodically develops data which goes beyond existing boundaries of information in field.
Acts independently to expose and resolve problems.
In order to apply, please go to www.FutronInc.com, the career section, and complete the online application provided with resume attached.
Futron Incorporated is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We are proud of our diverse environment, EOE, AA/M/F/D/V