JOB TITLE: Lead Math Teacher (Part-Time)
WAGE/SALARY: $20 - $25 per hour (based on experience)
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday – Thursday, 3:30pm – 7:00pm (14 hours/week)
REPORTS TO: Academic Intervention Specialist /Program Manager
Future Foundation After-School Program is a safe haven where underserved children receive the foundation, skills, and support to shape promising, triumphant futures. We strive to engage the imagination and energy of youth with the goal of helping them maximize their potential.
Future Foundation After-School Program is located in East Point, Georgia and serves ages 10-16. While academics and career training are key components; teens also participate in SAT/ACT preparation courses, financial literacy, college tours, and vocational and additional enrichment courses.
The teacher will be responsible for developing innovative age-appropriate activity plans related to math as well as the areas of language arts, tutoring/homework assistance, and technology. Through the implementation of these plans, the teacher will use multiple instructional and assessment strategies focused on student acquisition and engagement. Academic activities must be taught in a non-academic way. Classes should be energetic and not feel like an average day at school. The teacher will also supervise and guide children while setting limits, maintaining a safe and positive environment, and working effectively with Reef House staff, students, and parents. The teacher may also be responsible for preparing afternoon snacks, assisting with the preparation of field trips, special events, and handling light clerical duties.
1. May be required to drive Reef House bus and pick up students from local schools and during special programs and/or events (may include some weekends and/or holidays).
- BA/BS degree in related field; Math, Engineering, Statistics, Child/Youth Development, Early Childhood Education, Elementary or Secondary Education.
- Demonstrated organizational and program management skills
- Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth
- Ability to organize and supervise participants in a safe environment
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems
- Ability to recruit, train, supervise and motivate volunteers
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong math and language arts skills
- Valid State Driver’s License
- At least 25 years of age
- Must have a clean driving record (no DUIs, no At-Fault Accidents, no Speeding Tickets, etc.)
- Demonstrated skills operating PC computer systems
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid certifications (class provided if certification needed)
- Must pass state and federal back ground check (no felonies)
- If applicable-Must have appropriate social media site (twitter, face book, etc)
SUPERVISE: Tutors, Volunteers, Program Aides
Candidates will be contacted upon reviewing application. Please do not call or email for application status. Only serious candidates with proficient math skills apply.