Future Payment Technologies Employee Reviews

Good company- bad executives
Marketing Representative - TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXApril 28, 2017
Loved the people I worked with in the marketing center including the managers and office staff.

However, several policies needed to be made to this company in order to keep good employees. Sales is never an easy job thow a telephone in between those sales, and it takes a special skill set to secure a good position with this company

Top marketing reps should be paid more and beneifited more.
Opportunity to learn B2B sales
Independent Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAMarch 29, 2017
Merchant services to provider to small medium size businesses as an independent sales consultant. Great opportunity to get your foot in the door for B2B sales.
Don't work here.
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 18, 2017
I started with Future Pay Tech and let's just say, these people are scam artists. I was hired as an outside sales representative and the type of sale is B2B (business to business). They told me these "appointments" are called and confirmed twice. I walk into all three "appointments" and none of them had talked to Future Pay Tech. At no point did they mention you were trying to hard sell. Horrible company, horrible management.
Cons
productive, family-like, very good environment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXOctober 19, 2016
A typical work day is all a chance at rolling dice. You honestly never know how your day will go. All day, you sit at a cubicle and call business owners and hope they say yes. so its up to them completely. The management is very good, they work with you one on one to let you know how to fix it if you're doing something wrong or let you know you're doing good. Very excellent work place.
Pros
2 10 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch break, and $10.50/hr.
Cons
you stay employed based on your average when it's not even your fault.
"You are not telemarketers." Yes, you are.
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXOctober 16, 2016
This is a telemarketing job. They tell you in training to lie to the people you're cold-calling...essentially. YOU are not making a sales call, but trying to make an appointment for an in-house sales call. They basically tell you to lie. That was my biggest issue. They tell you all of the things the job is not, and that is exactly what it is. Pay is decent during training and your first few weeks, but advancement is based on how many appointments you can make cold-calling franchise business owners, half of which are dead, because the databases are not up-to-date.

I felt like I'd sold my soul to the telemarketing devil and ended up no-call-no-showing (which is not my style) because I couldn't sleep at night.

Would not recommend unless you know what you're getting into and can handle conning people out of time and money.
Pros
decent pay even without incentives, desk job, relatively simple
Cons
stressful, must follow script, rude people, deceitful
Money?
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 29, 2016
Sending me on a wild goose chase 32 miles away with an old gentleman who has not run his business in years waa unprofessional. I would have rather not wasted 1.5 hours of gas and time.
Excellent Company with great incentives
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 25, 2016
Working for this company was definitely a memorable experience. The marketing industry is not easy however I enjoyed the job and the competitiveness overall.
Pros
Pay
Amazing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXAugust 10, 2016
I absolutely loved this job the people.I worked with. I loved everything about this company I would and do still recommend someone go to apply there. I got to talk to amazing people all over the country and hear a little bit about them.
A day in the life of a phone rep.
Phone Rep. (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXMay 9, 2016
Working as a telephone rep and calling people all day had its benefits, yet as everything it also had it's downfalls. For instance, the job was laid back, you could wear almost anything you would like and had your own personal little desk cubical. It also was not very challenging whenever it came to active side of work that I am use to, since you just sit down all day making phone calls and appointments as well-if you are lucky. Yet, it had it's challenges. Like your pay was mainly based upon your appointments you could get within the two-week pay period. And that was the tricky part. Because, think about it, you are spending all day just calling these little franchised business' and well they get calls like ours all day, so they instantly assume that it is a sales call. But technically it's a "courtesy call" as our managers would like to put it, just to give them basic information. But in all honesty it is a sales call, because all we are doing is trying to get our foot in the door for our sales reps. to come in and try to get that owner of the business to accept our merchant services instead of the one that are already using. So you have to deal with many rude people a day, and on top of that if you do not get a good amount of appointments a pay period. Well then your pay is also not going to be well either, or as best as it could be I guess is better said. Over-all I loved my job for the fact that it was a "real" job with set normal hours and always weekends off. Yet, I also did not for the fact that people could be very rude-yet same as anywhere-and the fact that it was  more... not something that would catch people's attention for them to even stay on the phone with me to even hear me out to make those appointments.  less
Pros
set normal day hours and always weekends off
Cons
dealing with extremely rude business owners
Structured environment with a fair work/ life balance
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 28, 2016
A typical day at Future Pay consisted of stocking the executive break room and making coffee for the executives. I would greet people coming in for interviews and meetings, exercising my hospitality experience.
Pros
Hour lunches, self-managing, healthcare, structured environment
Cons
Job security, advancement in opportunities

Want to know more about Future Payment Technologies?

Ask a question
U gotta have ambition to sell
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXMarch 28, 2016
Stressful you have to meet a quota or ur gone. Excellent training I'll give it that but when ur loose on the phones different story. Great hours if only wanting to work 35 a week. 9.50 an hour but to move up in pay u gotta sell. Some customers nice others will call u every name in the book and tell u to get a real job.
They push u to sell. 10 min breaks go by fast.
Just very stressful, repetitive work.
Pros
If u only need 35 hrs 9-5 schedule
Cons
Stressful, repetitive, gotta make quota or out.
worse company to work for and represent
Regional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 15, 2016
As a sales representative the training was short and the worse part of the training is they teach and expect you to tell prospective merchant is not true. " next day access to funds" " free equipment"
" our system will increase your sales and profit margins"
Future Payment Technologies is a good example what a company shouldn't do ...
Their Corporate Manager/Trainers (Trevor/Jason/Willie) are not reflecting an honest business culture nor they should represent any honest and productive card processing company in this country
Pros
Cons
Their computer presentation is different from the actual services and promises
Busy
Business to Business Sales (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 20, 2015
enjoyed being on my own and making decisions. management was great and open to teach anything. potential for advancement just was not available.
Pros
Money
Cons
Travel
overbearing and underpaid under-funded
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  sherman txJuly 8, 2015
half your pay is based off of sales for appointments you set, yet only a 1/4 of the sales even get ran. there is no up to date equipment. broken chairs, computers, head sets. this would be what we call a corporate business milking job turn over

dead end job

more opportunity for advancement at mcdonlalds
A Fun Ever Changing Job that is Full of Thrills.
Independent Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 16, 2014
I Learned some Serious Sales skills and how to get along with my Coach and others efficiently and effectively. I had to drive routes a lot but I had fun while there at that Job.
Pros
See new Places
Cons
Long Drives and Slow pay
Great Company to Work For
ISA (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 12, 2014
Daily coaching from direct supervisor. My manager shows true concern for my personal well being and always takes care of issues that may arise. The preset appointments are great, but you are also given the freedom to go out and generate your own sales which gives you the opportunity to have unlimited income potential. TM
Do not work for them
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  MinneapolisDecember 20, 2013
I accepted a position with future payment technologies and was told I would be receiving 3 - 5 qualified appointments per day. I sat through approximately 5 hours of training calls and spent an additional 3-4 hours on my own familiarizing myself with their product. I received 3 appointments the first day in the field, but only one of them was a legitimate business. After that I only received a total of 7 appointments over the course of 3 weeks, none of which were actually qualified.

They eventually told me that they couldn't schedule appointments for me, but that I was welcome to keep selling their product on my own with no support. No thanks!!

I would strongly recommend steering clear of Future Payment Technologies.
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 27, 2013
Great oppertunity for some one that is self motivated. A typical day at work you have four pre set appointments
Pros
good commisions
Cons
no salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Future Payment Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5