Futures Education Employee Reviews

Ups and downs
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Futures ChicagoMarch 30, 2017
I worked with some really great teams in my schools and learned a lot in my position. I always felt like I could approach other clinicians and my supervisor with questions. Unfortunately, Futures lost a major contract my 2nd year and there was some uncertainty about what our placements would look like the following year. The benefits working for Futures are nowhere near what you would receive working directly for a school district. Unlike, other contracting agencies, you will not receive a higher salary/rate to compensate for the loss of sick/personal time and a pension. Futures says they are not a contracting agency, but they essentially are. I received no PTO my first year because I did not know to negotiate for it and the most sick/personal time they would allow in anyone’s contract was 3 days. Some specialties like OT and Speech were paid a lot more, which made it seem like the other specialties were not as valued. I found it very difficult to find doctors near my neighborhood that would accept the national health insurance provided to me by Futures. I think this can be a good agency to work for to gain experience, but I wish I had asked more questions before signing my contract. I had no idea I could be bumped from my school, if they decided not to contract with Futures. Clinicians also frequently got moved to different buildings because a principal complained about someone. One of my schools had 3 different speech pathologists and 2 different nurses in the same year. I did not feel my supervisor had a good understanding of the counseling professions and things  more... like confidentiality and therapeutic relationships. You can’t just substitute one clinician for another and expect a child to adjust to having their service provider changed multiple times in a school year. Concerns about the lack of office space for clinicians and having to do paper-work and see children in the halls were not taken seriously.  less
Pros
teams I worked with
Cons
poor benefits, no pto unless negotiated
Great staff with lots of support
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2017
I have worked with Futures for 4 years and love my team. I can reach out to any of my fellow social workers or other clinicians at anytime for advice, resources and support. My supervisor is supportive, understanding and tries hard to meet everyone's needs. Working inside Chicago Charter schools can be challenging at times, but I feel supported by Futures and all of my schools this year have welcomed us and made us feel like we are a part of their school staff. Overall, I feel this is a great company to work for!
Never Again
Swindled Employee (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 25, 2017
Cumbersome daily data entry. Poor oversight with management and no support for employees. Management was stressed and complained about all of their duties and not having the time to do things. Working for Futures was a nightmare!!! Give your time and skills to some place else. Do not waste your time here. I wish I had a warning.
Pros
Other companies are hiring
Cons
No future with futures
Poor support and disorganied Chicago Leader
School Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 19, 2017
Work here if you want a supervisor who never contacts you and you
cannot contact no matter what. A supervisor who thinks she knows everything and the employees she supervises are to be manipulated and not recognized. Also, she shows great favortism among employees and will call one employee over and over and receive calls, but another employee next to her never has any communication. Very poor Chicago supervisor. I was a RN School nurse in Chicago charter schools from 9/2015 to 6/2016.
Pros
Cons
Poor leadership and supervision
Terrible Work Environment
SLP (Former Employee) –  Everett, MAJanuary 10, 2017
Working for Futures in Everett is a joke. Everett Admin hates Futures because the staff is transient and Futures thinks Everett Admin is ridiculous. The staff isn't adequately trained for the levels of behaviors and actually PICK UP behavioral children and carry them from one location to another to 'support' the transition. If you want to implement ethically questionable strategies, have no money for resources, be filed on by DCF, or feel like an absolute outcast with no support, work here.
Pros
Management is MIA most of the time.
Cons
Company hates the district and vice versa
Nice place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 7, 2017
I've been working at Futures for a short time and I enjoy my job so far. Everyone in the office is very helpful and welcoming.
Pros
Really flexible schedule and PTO starts from day 1.
Cons
No room for advancement, and no holiday pay.
Angry slpa
SLPA (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 20, 2016
Schools hire Futures because it is much cheaper for them. It means they don't have to provide decent benefits such as affordable health insurance or any basic necessities such as breaks or a lunch. I see 50 kids a day and the case load increases every week. I have 0 supervision and the SLP's are unwilling to sit in or give any advice at all. You are treated as an outcast by employees at the school. Futures is only concerned with making a profit. They understaff all of their schools and your "boss" visits you twice a year. No one emails back if you're interested in summer work and you are provided no resources. Even having a four year degree you will still be paid an unlivable wage assuming you have student debt. Work for a school not a dodgy middleman company. Trust me on this.
Pros
Cons
Wage, no breaks or lunch, insane case load, no supervision, treated as an outsider by teachers
Good results matching employee strengths with contract requirements
Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 29, 2016
Provided services to students diagnosed with disabilities, first at a high school, then an elementary school. A great opportunity observe, interact, and learn about what our young people are going through in this day and age. Supervisory staff provided support, recognition, and constructive criticism. Co-workers were genuinely concerned about each other, and providing support to each other. Hardest part of the job involved the physical requirements, mostly walking around large campus area throughout the students' day. The most rewarding aspect of the work was seeing students' growth and development with academic requirements, conflict resolution, communication, and building a solid platform for their adult lives.
Management is unorganized
ABA Line Technician (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJuly 20, 2014
I have only been here a short time and I am ready to quit. The manager is always right and everyone else is always wrong. I understand the ABA program has only been running for a short time but that is no excuse for being unorganized. All ABA's make the same pay rate no matter what your education level (high school, associate, bachelor, master). You do not get a lunch break either. I gave this company 3 stars because I am learning while I am here.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management, unorganized
Great place to work.
School- Based Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 24, 2013
This company was very supportive of its employees. Very competitive salary. Provided team building activities that promoted professional development, and improved work place moral.
Pros
Great compensation.
Cons
None.
dysart school district
SLPA (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZMay 1, 2013
school made a lot of changes through the year , but my caseload stayed around 70 kids.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Futures Education. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9