Fuzzy's Taco Shop Employee Reviews

fast paced
Cashier/Host/ Expediter (Former Employee), Arvada, COJuly 12, 2015
Typical work day: long, very busy
Management was OK, not the greatest
Co-workers were OK, not very helpful, very judgemental
Close to campus and college atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee), Norman, OKMay 9, 2015
Pros: Half off food
Cons: Worked late hours
Fuzzy's is one of the most popular places to eat and drink in Norman, OK. I usually worked on the weekends and it would stay busy from 7pm-3am. It is a fun working environment and I was able to interact with the Norman community. I learned to stay patient when late nights got hectic and to enhance customer service expectations. The hardest part of the job was when customers were under the influence and I had to insure that they ordered the correct items. The most enjoyable part of working at Fuzzy's was the team I worked with. Everyone was energetic and outgoing, which made working late nights fun.
Great work environment
Front of House Employee (Current Employee), Stilwater, OKApril 21, 2015
I worked there for almost three years and enjoyed it. The managers were always understanding of any problems. Very flexible work schdeule
Don't work here if can be helped
Cashier (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSMarch 11, 2015
Cons: no standards no health care
I come in go to the back start doing dishes the cooks yell for me to bring things to the line i try to organize the mess left for me by the cooks between shifts and spending the evening catching up from what wasn't done by any other team member between shifts at the end of the night i close up the dish pit making sure my area has been cleaned and that whoever comes in the next morning is good to go.
Fast Paced
food prep then pomoted to prep manager (Former Employee), Orange, TXJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: learning to work in a timely manner
Cons: no overtime when restaurant is in need
It was interesting to learn about "behind the scenes" of a restaurant. I learned the importance of double checking dates on food products. I've always like working in the kitchen at home and now I know how to double or triple recipes.
Very productive and very fun work place
Waitress/Cashier/Bartender (Former Employee), Nederland, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Cons: i never got breaks.
My basic work day would be very productive. My co-workers were amazing. The job was not hard at all.
Fun place to work!
Bartender (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: fun, exciting
Fuzzy's was a bar so it was a fun environment to work at because you got to see and communicate with different people everyday. I learned to enjoy my job no matter what happened that night because I knew the next night was going to be something different. Also, I learned to make the best of it even when the management was having a difficult time meeting their responsibilities. My co workers were awesome to work with because I never encourage drama so I get along with everyone.
it was okay
Cook (Former Employee), Rowlett, TXAugust 31, 2014
Pros: free breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Cons: i had to ride my bike to work
I learned a lot from that place. even though it was my first job
shameful,unprofessional
Cashier (Former Employee), Orange, TXAugust 12, 2014
Pros: 50% off one meal per one work shift, free drinks(soft) while on shift
Cons: no breaks at all, can't call in never anyone to cover for you even if. sick with a doc note.
Unprofessional management sending their significant others home while on the clock to go buy them lunch. Employees who are obviously under the influence not being drug tested or spoken to, at least told they reak of marijuana,otherwise the behavior would have stopped. Honestly wouldn't eat there voluntarily. cleanliness is also an issue throughout. dead bugs on the floor and flying around teas,the bar bathrooms etc. mold, and grime throughout the kitchen,dish pit etc..
Fun workplace, typical customer service skills
General Manager (Former Employee), Granbury, TXJune 4, 2014
Pros: guest interaction. good team, good ownership
Cons: required all of my time
Fun environment, always learned something new
Ownership was great
I had a great team under me
Loved developing relationships with guests, I have kept in touch with many of them
Learned something new every day
A lot of focus on labor, food cost, P&L- learned more here than other locations and companies
always busy
Cashier (Former Employee), McKinney, TXMay 28, 2014
great place to work. always busy, and the staff is friendly.
Family Restaurant?
Cashier (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXMay 5, 2014
Pros: great first job, learn the truth about work.
Cons: management
As a cashier for Fuzzy's Taco Shop my day to day resposibilities were to practically take the customers orders, clean, clean, and clean. This was my first job so I learned the basics on a positive customer service experience. I had 2 managers that I grew to respect not only as boss' but as human beings. Keep in mind I had a total of 4 managers at that time. My favorite was a manager who was told he was going to become a supervisor, but was kept waiting for more than a year. But he worked his behind off to get there, even went above his job description. But they brought in a supervisor and ignored – more... the manager they promised the position in. This supervisor was completely inappropriate and crossed the professional line plenty of times. He, the new supervisor, not only accused a manager of being intimate with an employee, but accused said employee of "looking like a crack addict". Most of my co-workers were great and I still hang out with 2 of them once in a while. The hardest part of this job was advancing. I can honestly say I was too smart for my job title, they didn't take advantage of my talents. They also didn't take into consideration their employees flexibility options that they promised. If we needed a day off in specific, we were to place a post it with the day needed off, on the managers desk. I placed the day I needed off on my supervisors desk and explained I had my best friends wedding (I was the best man) to attend. My supervisor said that was fine and that I could have that day off. When I came to work the day before the wedding I saw the new schedule and my supervisor put me to work on that day and decided to take that day off himself. I called my co-worker for her to fill in for me and she agreed, I then called my manager to let him know what was going on and he said that was fine. The day of the wedding my supervisor called me asking why I wasn't coming in, I explained and he demanded I leave the wedding immediately and get to work or I would be fired. I politely replied to his threat with, "Ok, well thank you so much for this opportunity, now if you would excuse me, I have a wedding to attend. Thank you and have a great day." The most enjoyable part was honestly having that experience and knowing what you can and cannot do. Though that restaurant was not for me, my former co-workers explained how much it has changed. I can honestly say the restaurant is amazing when you are the customer, and a great first job. – less
FUN ATMOSPHERE AND WORK CREW
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Weatherford, TXApril 25, 2014
Pros: enjoyable staff and lots of fun customers
Cons: hours always changed
I enjoyed working everyday, we stayed very busy and on our feet the entire shift and always had something to be doing. The management was easy-going but knew when to be serious and when to act goofy. The hardest part was everyone following the schedule, I usually ended up staying later than my shift every night due to employees leaving early or calling in which I benefited from and didn't mind at all, just hard not having work oriented and driven empoyees as team members. I enjoyed working the front and handling all things with the customers and making everyone see how much I enjoyed my job and making sure everyone was happy and left with a positive attitude about our service. I really learned responsibility and care for the work place and management, also flexibility with my team members.
Fun and enjoyable
Manager (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXApril 19, 2014
Pros: great co workers
Cons: no healthcare
I loved working at this job. I really had a lot of fun working with the guests. I always felt like a was a part of a family.
Busy and Fun workplace
Shift Manager (Current Employee), OklahomaApril 15, 2014
Busy and fast paced. hardest part of the job is working late nights till 4:00 am
Fun place
Cashier (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 28, 2014
this is a fun place to work
staff is friendly
i have fun everyday yes the job is tiring but work job is not
Fast paced and adrenaline pumping fun enviroment
Manager (Former Employee), Gainesville, TXOctober 30, 2013
Pros: free food, tips, family enviroment
Cons: short breaks, long hours, intense paced work for long periods of time.
Each day I walked into work I did not know what to expect. I loved that aspect about my job. Things were constantly changing and never stayed the same. It kept me on my toes, made me learn how to deal with sudden changes, taught me how to deal with stressful situations and how to handle those things in a professional manner. As a manager I learned that I had to deal with each employee differently. Just as I had to deal with each situation in the store differently. The hardest part of my job was calming an angry customer. I have always hated confrontation but as it being a part of my job it took me out of my comfort zone. It made me learn as I go and I turly enjoyed that.
The best or easiest part of my job was overseeing the employees and making it a fun experience for them everyday. They then took that positive energy and showed it towards the customers. It was a trickle effect and the customers immediately saw the difference in the stores vibe.
Terrible service
Dish washer (Former Employee), Tyler, TXSeptember 15, 2013
I feel bad for having worked there, but it was a job at least.
The standards expressed by the company as a whole were down right shameful.
Very relaxed and fun environment to work in.
Shift Leader/Cashier (Former Employee), Frisco, TXSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: managment is great. they took care of me so i took care of them, free food, i got to be myself
Cons: not getting many breaks during an 11 hour shift
My job at Fuzzy's was one like any other. I loved to go to work because I knew what i was doing and I could handle just about everything. I would train new people after I interviewed them, make sure everything at the register was going okay as well as the bar area. The worst part of my job was that I was working 50 hour weeks (I love having alot of hours, but it was EVERY week EVERY day.)
Conveniant location with college-age employees.
Cashier (Former Employee), St. LouisAugust 31, 2013
Pros: laid-back "college-age" atmosphere.
Cons: no scheduled breaks, difficult wages, low employee productivity.
Although this is the PERFECT place for a college hang out or to get together to watch a game, I wouldn't consider it the perfect place to work. Most of the time I was the only sober or punctual employee working in the front of the restaurant. My position had standard cashier duties that included taking food orders on a P.O.S. system and handling different forms of payment and discounts. I was also responsible for keeping all areas of the restaurant clean, with the exception of the kitchen and dish washing area. The most enjoyable part of the job was the laid-back atmosphere, but unfortunately that caused some issues with the appearance and performance of the college-age employees.