Fuzzy's Taco Shop Employee Reviews in United States

great workplace
Frontline Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 28, 2016
Nice work environment filled with laughter and great customer service. Management is also awesome. Managers treat staff with respect.
Pros
great training
Cons
no tuition reimbursement
Do Not Even Waste your time
Server and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Vintage Park Houston, TexasJune 13, 2016
when I first was hired they told me I would be starting out at a difrent salary than I originally was supposed to . The managers where not managers they obviously had no idea what they were doing and to top it all off if you switched a shift just because maybe you wanted to or another Co worker wanted to they would yell and complain at you for not being able to work your availability. The worst part is that the owner always was drunk or f uped as some of the other employees put it. they also allowed people to work there and serve alchool without a TABC! and come in reading of weed all of the time. no one wants to do anything g there it's a bunch of complaints. when I first got the job i was excited and enthusiastic but after only one week of working there I soon realized they just wanted a worker mule to do all the work since all there other employees refused to do anything.
Pros
half off food
Cons
everything else
Busy place with friendly employees
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Trophy Club, TXMarch 21, 2016
A typical day at Fuzzy's Taco Shop entailed janitorial duties, register duties, and customer service. I learned how to be an "everything employee" by performing close to all the responsibilities except being a cook. The management was friendly. My co-workers were fun to be around. The hardest part of the job was staying on top of everything, i.e. making sure the tables and floors were clean while ringing up customers at the register. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing our regulars come in.
Bar
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 10, 2016
Great neighborhood bar with friendly staff and management. Knowledgeable and personable employees were able to converse with the regulars about anything from sports to politics
Fun atmosphere with Great people
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXMarch 2, 2016
I loved bar tending at Fuzzy's and becoming manger was amazing experience. I greatly appreciated working and learning BOH and FOH operations.
Job was pretty nice at times
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 28, 2016
At times the job was pretty nice and fun on occasions. like, most days I would come in a little early to observe how my day will be going. which would also give me a little time to socialize with costumers to get my day started. As for management, management was nice, but I just felt there where too many in leadership position with mixed opinions. I got along and liked all my co-workers. everyone was nice and social since the day I started. The hardest pat of the job, I would say is filling in for 2-3 people on a busy night. All though it is not as hard as I may express. The part I enjoyed the most is all the co-workers who made my day
Best College Job Ever
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKFebruary 3, 2016
I have learned an incredible amount of restaurant management from this store. The management inspires growth and works with your schedule to make everything you want to do a possibility.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
Occasional late nights
Fun Environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 24, 2016
The environment working for Fuzzy's is unmatched. Fun management and staff, clan culture about each location. They like to keep their work force minimal and efficient, so hours can be exhausting. Great opportunity to be a part of a community oriented operation.
Fun and fast paced environment.
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 11, 2015
Fantastic atmosphere, variety in the workday, and a pace that can change wildly every hour. Management is very accessible and open to concerns and suggestions.
Cons
I've made so many margaritas. They keep me awake at night. Help.
fun workplace
Full Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXSeptember 28, 2015
fuzzys taco shop is a great job, great employees it is always a great atmosphere to be in. all empolyee's help one another to make sure our job gets accomplished for the night and our morning crew has everything set for the morning.
Pros
great service
Cons
no cons

Want to know more about Fuzzy's Taco Shop?

Ask a question
Meeting and helping guest was the most enjoyable part of my job
Assistan Manager (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXAugust 29, 2015
It started as a very enjoyable place to work, a handful of coworkers used to make the shift enjoyable and pleasant to learn from . After a couple of managers that came and left the job, I have to say that they still need work on the present manager. Management is not very supportive and is not big on rewarding the good workers, it is not one to have place to grow if you are not of the right race or in the liking of the management, it does not matter how much you work or do for the business/company if "they do not like you" you do not get anywhere within the company. Some of food is good and some of employees as well. Overall, it has lots of room for improvement.
Pros
Free food or half priced.
Cons
No benefits or advancement
A fun Job and a fast pace company to work for
Shift Manager/Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXAugust 27, 2015
I was the opening Manager, and the Catering Manager.
I learned a lot about new aspects of fast service food industry and learned new management skills. Most all my co-worker liked me and I worked well with. They really confided in me with work problems and concerns and I did everything in my power to help them. The hardest part of this job was the lack of professionalism with some over the upper management. Meet great people and of course the taco's.
Pros
free lunches, fun crowds of people, great employees, and great name and food
Cons
Inconsistancy, No to little breaks, cost of labor was more to franchise owners then the employees that worked hard, no benefits
Starting Franchise
Manager/Cook/Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 26, 2015
Amazing idea in the wrong location, seemed to always be behind the franchise competitors would have done better downtown.
Pros
Staff Meal
Cons
Hit or Miss Business
Cool place to work, popular place for people to come
Cashier/Busboy (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXAugust 24, 2015
I worked the cash register and I also bussed tables. A lot of people come to Fuzzy's to come and drink and hangout. It was a turntable of managers though. A lot of employees ended up leaving. Customers were nice to me though for the most part. It is a good job to have in high school.
Pros
Cool work environment, Good work experience
Cons
bad management, understaffed, slow service
Pretty good workplace
Cashier/ Server (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 16, 2015
Fuzzys a very fast pace environment, but overall it is a pretty good company, management suck at training you they pretty much just throw you to wolves per say but once you get everything down its not so bad.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Not got training
fast paced
Cashier/Host/ Expediter (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COJuly 12, 2015
Typical work day: long, very busy
Management was OK, not the greatest
Co-workers were OK, not very helpful, very judgemental
Close to campus and college atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 9, 2015
Fuzzy's is one of the most popular places to eat and drink in Norman, OK. I usually worked on the weekends and it would stay busy from 7pm-3am. It is a fun working environment and I was able to interact with the Norman community. I learned to stay patient when late nights got hectic and to enhance customer service expectations. The hardest part of the job was when customers were under the influence and I had to insure that they ordered the correct items. The most enjoyable part of working at Fuzzy's was the team I worked with. Everyone was energetic and outgoing, which made working late nights fun.
Pros
Half off food
Cons
Worked late hours
Great work environment
Front of House Employee (Current Employee) –  Stilwater, OKApril 21, 2015
I worked there for almost three years and enjoyed it. The managers were always understanding of any problems. Very flexible work schdeule
Don't work here if can be helped
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 11, 2015
I come in go to the back start doing dishes the cooks yell for me to bring things to the line i try to organize the mess left for me by the cooks between shifts and spending the evening catching up from what wasn't done by any other team member between shifts at the end of the night i close up the dish pit making sure my area has been cleaned and that whoever comes in the next morning is good to go.
Cons
no standards no health care
Fast Paced
food prep then pomoted to prep manager (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXJanuary 27, 2015
It was interesting to learn about "behind the scenes" of a restaurant. I learned the importance of double checking dates on food products. I've always like working in the kitchen at home and now I know how to double or triple recipes.
Pros
learning to work in a timely manner
Cons
no overtime when restaurant is in need

2.8